Hae's Dream - Confusion

Long Lost Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Donghae's Dream - (Hae's PoV)

As soon as the door closed Donghae let himself slide along the wall and sat on the ground, shaking. What just happen?! It wasn’t the first time he had an argument with Eunhyuk, but maybe it was their first argument since they got together, a year ago. And even this time, there was something different about it… He didn’t mean for it to happen, not the make out part of course, but their insignificant, but violent discord. It was only because Eunhyuk couldn’t understand… he was incapable of understanding that… that what? Donghae couldn’t quite explain, actually, what was bothering him so much. Was he being too paranoid? Donghae put his head on his knees, feeling suddenly dizzy. “You are destroying us.” Eunhyuk’s words lingered in Donghae’s mind, repeating itself over and over again. And he was afraid that it might have some truth in it… since at the exact moment when the thin boy walked away, Donghae had felt nothing. Nothing at all…

***

The next day, Donghae woke up alone in his bed. The argument came back in mind, but honestly he didn’t even want to bother with it. He knew Eunhyuk needed time to cool off his head, unlike Donghae who already forgot about it. The important thing right now was what happened before their fight. As soon as the brunet was dressed and ready, he sent a message saying that he would pick up the girls from their dorm, for once.

He was going out, when suddenly he was stopped in the hallway by a medium height, dark haired young man. The guy was wearing glasses on his nose, that with his unfriendly face, made him look fiercer than his figure showed.

“Are you Mr. Lee Donghae?” he asked.

“Yes?”

“And your actual roommate is Lee Hyukjae?”

“Everyone calls him, Eunhyuk.”

“Hum…”

The young man didn’t seem to care; he had his nose down on the clip board in his hands, obviously checking something. Donghae wondered who that guy could be.

 “Did he sleep in your room yesterday night?”

“Excuse me?!” Donghae almost choked.

That was indeed a weird question to ask. The guy totally ignored Donghae and wrote something on his clip board.

“That’s what I thought… Well please let Mr. Lee know that it must be the last time he violate the curfew and room’s regulation. From now on things are going to be much tighter. After all rules are here to be followed.”

The young man had such a condescending way of saying things that it made Donghae be slightly mad. He turned and was going to walk away when Donghae shouted at him.

“Who the hell are you?!”

 “I’m Kim Kibum.” he said turning around. “From now on, I’m your knew dorm’s head and your new drama professor, so you better be a little more respectful.”

This guy?! A professor? He didn’t seem much older than Donghae, how could he be a professor? But again they had heard the rumors about a new coming young professor that would be their dorm’s head too. They knew it would be trouble, but Donghae didn’t imagine it would be that much. That guy seemed really uptight with rules. Donghae was going to bow, in apology, but someone came behind him and put an arm around his shoulders.

“Being bullied by a teacher I see.”

The brunet turned around to see his friend Siwon. The tall boy then looked up at Kibum and both their expressions changed completely. The air became suddenly cold as ice.

“I don’t bully people.” Kibum said teeth clenched.

“Oh right. You’re always the kindest to them.”

Was it sarcasm that Donghae was hearing in Siwon’s voice? And his familiarity with him was surprising. Did they know each other? But before the brunet could ask anything, Siwon smiled suddenly.

“Don’t let him scare you with his unfriendly looks, Hae.” then his eyes hardened. “After all, a person can be more than she appears to be.”

That simple sentence seemed to infuriate the teacher, who whirled around and walked away, angrily. Donghae turned to his friend, confused.

“What was all that about? You know the guy?”

“Don’t worry about it.”

Siwon gave him a beautiful smile, so the brunet didn’t ask any further. The boy then accompanied him until the girl’s dorm and then went off to his own class. When Donghae arrived, only Minha was waiting for him, the two other girls had pretexted something to go ahead. The twins were walking, arms linked, to Minha’s class, when the girl started the conversation.

“So, I guess you have questions about yesterday night, right?”

“Yes…”

“I didn’t mean to hide it from you; it’s just that I didn’t want to worry you.”

“You mean it wasn’t the first time?”

The girl looked down, confirming it.

“But it’s the first time I’ve got this far. Usually I stay in our room.”

“Why didn’t you tell me about it? You know you can tell me everything!”

“I know but…”

“But, what?!”

Minha let go of his arm and stopped walking, turning to face him.

“You’ve been patronizing me too much…”

“That’s normal! I’m your brother and…”

“Hae!” she cut him. “I don’t know what you’re so afraid of, but your behavior won’t make everything right… I need my space.”

Donghae stared at her, confused. Seeing he was lost, the girl smiled and put a hand on his shoulder.

“I’m not going to disappear ok? So no need to be so concerned.”

Donghae nodded, as if they had come to a certain agreement and they continued walking. After a few minutes, the brunet got to his own class, when he noticed that Eunhyuk was already there. Not really knowing how he should act, or what he should say, he just stayed quiet and went to his seat, in front of the thin boy. Soon Junsu and Sungmin came in too, but neither of the boys made any comment about the coldness between Eunhae. Donghae was particularly surprised by Sungmin’s silence, but he wasn’t doing to complain about. It went on during the whole afternoon. During lunch break the band dispatched, Donghae, Siwon and Ryeowook went to the cantina to eat just the three of them while the others were scattered. 

Again Donghae was awfully silent during their meal, wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter