Teuk’s Dream - As sharp as glass

Long Lost Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Leeteuk's Dream - (Teuk's PoV)

 

The first thing he heard was his brother’s voice calling him over and over again. He sounded agitated and worried. Leeteuk wanted to reassure him, to tell him he was alright, but he was unable to open his mouth and even less to make a sound. Starting to get worried about his state, he made an effort to open his eyes. But even with his eyes opened he couldn’t see a thing not only because it was dark but he had something before his eyes. He tried moving his arms to wipe his face and that’s when the pain hit. His whole body ache and now the liquid running down his face was getting warmer, almost burning him. Again his brother called him, shaking him slightly which made him groan in pain.

“Hyung? Are you alright?”

“Are you alright?” Leeteuk enquired; glad his voice started working again.

“I’m fine.”

Leeteuk let out a relieved sight, his little brother was alright, he regretted immediately as the pain pierced his back. Suddenly he feared for his other dongsaeng’s lives.

“Where are Rin and Kyuhyun?”

“I don’t know… but we got to get out of here.”

Leeteuk agreed. He inspired then clenched his teeth, ready to endure the pain and put an arm around Eunhyuk’s shoulder, letting the boy drag him outside of the vehicle. One they were outside, the street lamps helped them finally see.

“Hyung! You’re bleeding!” Eunhyuk exclaimed.

Leeteuk put a hand on his head then brought it in front of his face. Indeed the liquid he was feeling was blood. His blood.

He tried not to freak out, because if he did his little brother would be panicked too. He took care of saying as calmly as he could.

“I’m fine. Go find the others.”

Without being asked twice, Eunhyuk went away to go look for their friends. The thin boy not being there anymore relieved Leeteuk a bit because he wasn’t that fine. He wiped away the blood from his face, but it kept flowing. He tried to get up but something pierced his back and arm which made him fall back hard, biting his lips not to cry in pain. He put a hand on his back and felt something sharp stuck in it and of course more blood flowing out of his body. From afar he could hear Eunhyuk shouting Kyuhyun’s name and hearing how nervous he was, it didn’t sound too good. Everything had happened so fast that he had trouble realizing the situation they were in. They were talking and laughing, when in an instant later the car was spinning twice before going over. He grabbed onto his seat, but the car revolved so quickly and intensely that he hit his face against the window, and passed out letting out a shriek.  And now they were all hurt and still short of one person. Thinking about how hurt and scared Rin must be, alone in the dark, Leeteuk took upon himself to get up. After a few tries and a lot of pain, he managed to take a few steps before falling on the ground again. That’s when he saw the young blond lying a few meters from him. He crawled to her, calling her name, but she seemed unconscious. The first thing he did when he got to her was checking her pulse… Thank God she was alive. There was no blood around her and no apparent wounds, which meant she was simply unconscious. Leeteuk took care not to move her as he knew it could be dangerous, and yelled to Eunhyuk that he had found her. And that’s the only thing he could do, now it was just waiting for help. Anyway, his head was staring to spin, as he probably was losing too much blood. He tried nonetheless to stay awake, to stay with Rinha. That’s when he heard wheel noises and voices everywhere. Help was finally there. His vision was too blurry by the blood and the sudden light from the cars so he didn’t know who it was until he heard her voice.

“Hang in there big guy!”

Minha… He was immediately more awake and opened his eyes to see the dark haired girl in front of him. She was shouting orders to the others around her, which Leeteuk didn’t quite understood since he was too dazed. But he felt that she was tying something around his arm and head, probably to stop the blood flow. Then she focused on Rinha. In his haziness, Leeteuk still got to be impressed by Minha that was doing everything with expert hands, as if she was used to save lives every day. Soon after the sirens of the ambulances were head and help arrived. They came first to Leeteuk but Minha send them to Kyuhyun that seemed to be in worse condition, as he correctly thought. Seconds later, another paramedic was at his side taking his pulse.

“He lost a lot of blood.” Minha told the paramedic. “I tried stopping the bleeding but his wounds are too deep, I think he’ll need stitches.”

The paramedic nodded and moves to see Rinha.

“I think she has a concoction, she is not responding.” Minha said again with a very calm voice.

How could she be so calm in that situation? The paramedic agreed with her again and turned to the girl.

“Are you a doctor?” he asked.

“No…”

“Med school?”

She shook her head and the paramedic frowned.

“Well I don’t know how you knew all that, but you probably just saved your friends lives.”

Then saying that – with Minha’s help – he lifted Leeteuk, and put him in a rolling bed ready to put him in an ambulance. They stuck something in his arms that seemed to be some morphine, because soon he was feeling the pain waver away. Suddenly Leeteuk grabbed Minha’s hand.

“Don’t leave me, please… stay.”

It was crazy talk, probably that the morphine had already kicked in, but the thought of being alone right now terrified him and he wasn’t ashamed to admit it. Because she pitied him or simply because she couldn’t make him let go of her hand, the girl got in the ambulance with him. During the whole way to the hospital they stayed silent, but not once did she let go of his hand. The rest was a bit hazy. He remembered getting admitted to the ER, lots of people surrounding him, talking to him, asking him questions, touching him… but all that seemed far away. Leeteuk was only focused on one thing and it was this hand he was holding. From what he got from the doctor’s gibberish, they told him he had pieces of sharp glass stick all over his body, and when he had moved some of those pieces removes themselves from his flesh causing open wounds and so the great loss of blood. He understood that he needed a blood transfusion and to be put under more morphine, because the pieces of glass were too big to be removes with him awake. The doctors asked him a bunch of questions about his blood type and medical family history, but Leeteuk couldn’t answer anything, he only wanted to go to sleep. He heard Minha answering for him. Of course she knew Eunhyuk so she knew his family background. Then she tapped his hand softly, so he would let go.

“I’m going to get Hyukjae.” she said. “I’ll be back son. Everything will be alright.”

Half-heartedly, he let go of her and watched the girl walking away. After that he lost consciousness yet again.

***

Leeteuk woke up with an annoying bip on his ears. He opened his eyes; he was still in the ER. His mouth was dry and tasted awful, a mix of iron and blood, like he had a hangover. The headache was there too, but it had more to do with the impact his head got from the car’s window. Next to him, lying on a chair was Minha. She kept her promise, she came back. The boy smiled at himself at the same time she opened her eyes.

“Hey! You’re up.”

“How long was I out?” he asked.

She looked at her watch. “A few hours.”

That wasn’t very long, he needed more sleep, but he was too agitated to do so.

“Anyway congrats.” she said raising her eyebrows. “You needed a total of 180 stitches, 150 for your back and 30 for your head.”

Leeteuk winced. He didn’t even want to imagine in what state his body was. He noticed the perfusion in his arm.

“And I needed a whole lot of new blood I see.”

The girl nodded and crossed her arms over her chest.

“Who would’ve thought that half-brothers couldn’t have the same blood?”

He stared at her confused and she explained.

“They needed to transfuse you, because you lost too much blood. But we needed someone compatible. Since you and Eunhyuk are from the same family I thought it could do, but you weren’t compatible.”

“Then whose blood did I get?”

The girl smiled, showing the bandage on her forearm.

“Donghae wanted to do it, but we agreed he would keep some of his blood for Kyuhyun if needed.”

So that meant that Leeteuk had Minha’s blood running through his veins now? That was somehow romantic… or purely disturbing and creepy. But that reminded him of his dongsaengs.

“How is everyone?”

The girl lost her smile immediately.

“Rinha is stable but she didn’t wake up yet. And Kyuhyun is still in surgery… it’s doesn’t look good.”

Leeteuk could only imagine how everyone must be feeling while he was lying here on a stupid hospital bed, powerless. And his little brother, he must be freaking out and blaming himself. Unable to stay doing nothing, Leeteuk got rid of the perfusion and other wires on him and tried standing up, but Minha stopped him.

“What do you think you’re doing?” she scolded him.

“I have to go see them.”

“You have to stay in bed and get better. Anyway you can’t do anything for them now, we can only wait and see.”

“You don’t understand… I have to be by Hyukjae’s side…”

The girl stared at him, as if she actually understood what he meant by that, but then pushed him back to bed. Unfortunatly Leeteuk couldn’t fight back because he had no strength and moving had awaken the pain on his back.

“I saw them pulling book sizes pieces of glass from your body, so stay still of you’ll open your stitches and lose all my precious blood!”

He complied and smirked slightly. That was his Minha, the girl he remembered and the girl he fell in love with. When she was sure he wasn’t going to try running away anymore, she sat back down on her chair.

“Seriously, I don’t know how you endure the pain… I would’ve passed out a long time ago.”

She said that as if she was impressed with him, but she shouldn’t be, because pain or no pain he had been unable to do anything for his dongsaeng’s… the only thing he did was survive. As if she read his mind, Minha touched his arm slightly.

“You did all you could…”

“I didn’t do anything… You on the other hand were the true savior.”

He remembered with how much calm and precision she helped them, even before the paramedics arrived.

“Where did you learn all that?”

The girl shrugged.

“I have no idea. It was a reflex.”

“Reflex is when you catch a flying ball, what you did was incredibly professional!” he said, appreciative.

The girl looked down, not that she was embarrassed, she seemed more disturbed and maybe a bit afraid of her unknown skills. He took her hand in his and squeezed it.

“Thank you for staying with me.”

This time the girl blushed and quietly removed her hand.

“I just stayed because Eunhyuk couldn’t be here… Anyway you should sleep more; I’ll wake you up if anything happens.”

Leeteuk didn’t want to sleep just yet, he wanted to stay more with Minha, but he also knew his aching body needed some rest, so he agreed. It took him only a few seconds to fall asleep. When he woke up again, it was Hyukjae he found at his bed side, accompanied by a doctor. It

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter