Eunjung, don't go!

Only One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s almost the end of their second semester, which means all of the freshmen will soon officially survived the first year of their campus life. Some of them did really well, but some just aren’t really happy with their academic achievement. And…that includes Jiyeon.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eunjung POV.

I can’t believe it’s been almost a year. Jiyeon and I have gotten closer since that day in the hospital. Soojung had also flied back to U.S not long after that incident. Soyeon, Hyomin and Boram has become close friend as they had almost similar schedule, causing them to spend a lot of time together; attending the same classes and studying at the library together. But Amber was rarely hanging out with us because she’s been busy with her part-time job at Page One. Though I’m excited to have our 6 weeks break after the final exam, there is still something that keeps bothering me…more like someone actually.

“What’s up with this gloomy look?” I playfully pinching Jiyeon’s cheek, hoping that I could ease whatever that had been taking her smiles lately.

“I’m worried. I need to do well in the final exam. You know that there’s a strict terms that we have to fulfil in order to stay reside in campus, right?!”

I suddenly remembered that our campus did not have enough facility to occupy all students. So, they only provides the dormitory strictly for the freshmen and the seniors that done persistently well in their exam.

“Uh... I know.”  “Why did you have to be worried? It’s not like you had failed on last semester exam or something. You did quite well before.” I said, trying to convince her that everything is fine.

“It’s easier for you to say that. Just look at us. If they compared your exam result with mine, the chances for me to get kicked out is higher than you.” She whines with her face now hidden within her folded arms on the table.

“Ah… I should just get myself kicked out then if that will make them let you stay. Or just let get kicked out together. That would be even better right?!”

I was hoping that I could do more to cheer her up. But so far, every word that I said only caused her to sigh even more. Honestly, I didn’t really care about residing in the campus. I have already made a plan to stay at Soojung’s apartment until I finished my studies. Her parent had also given me their permission to live there, saving themselves the hustle of finding a keeper to keep the place maintained.

“Let’s just go back. I need to study more for the rest of this remaining 2 weeks.” She stood up and grabs her coffee before leaving. I soon followed her from behind with silence.

“Don’t worry Jiyeon. Whatever happens, I will always stand behind you. “ I said to myself, not intended to be heard by the girl who’s been walking lifelessly in front of me.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It’s Saturday morning and Eunjung somehow managed to make herself to wakes up early or at least early for a sleepyhead like her considering it’s already 10.15 a.m. As she expected, Soyeon is nowhere to be found in the room. But, Eunjung had gotten used with this situation. It’s also gave her a chance to spent a few good times cuddling with Jiyeon in bed while watching movies on her computer.

Eunjung quickly grabs her phone and sends a message to Jiyeon.

[I’m awake!!! Let’s get out and have a brunch together.]

Within a minute she received a reply from Jiyeon.

[Can you go by yourself? I’m a bit busy right now. Still had a lot to catch up.]

Eunjung sighed upon reading that message. She knew that Jiyeon probably torturing herself right now, trying to catch up with every courses that they took this semester. She went to her desk and turn on her computer.

“If only she could pay her attention a little more during classes…” Eunjung murmured, thinking of every possible thing that she could do to help Jiyeon. She quickly connected her 3 in 1 printer and started to make a copy of every single page of her notebook. She then neatly arranged it according to courses, and marks it with colourful sticky notes pasted on the side to divide it further by chapters. Soon she started to take half of her textbook from the bookshelf and begins revising that notes, constantly adding more information she could find from the books.

“Assa! Good job Ham Eunjung.” She said while patting her own shoulder. She then cleans up her desk and arranged all of her book back to its place. Her stomach suddenly growled causing her to realize that she had been revising her noted for almost 4 hour.

“Ah..it’s past 2 p.m. already. No wonder I feel so hungry.” Eunjung then heads to the bathroom to take a shower, put on a white shirt and a pair of jeans before finally leaving the room to execute her plan for today.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter