Jiyeon, please wake up!

Only One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunjung POV

I sat still with my arms were tightly wrapped around Jiyeon’s unconscious body. I gathered every last bit of strength left in me, trying to get myself on my feet. But my knees felt too weak and my body still shaking as my brain trying hard to digest this situation. I slowly move my hand up to the back of Jiyeon’s head and slightly push her body before carefully lay her down with her head resting on my thigh.

“Jiyeon… Park Jiyeon…” “Please wake up. Please open up your eyes!” My tears starts to fall when I realize there’s no reaction from Jiyeon, even with my hands still shaking her shoulder. I quickly took my phone out from my pocket to make a call. There’s only one person I could think of right now.

“Hello Eunjung-unnie.” I heard Soojung’s voice on the other line.

“Soojung…where are you?” I asked her right away,

“I’m on my way home. I’m nearby your campus by the way. Why?” Soojung asked back. Only God knows how thankful I am, knowing that the person I used to call ‘little angel’ is indeed nearby.

“I need your help. Just come to my dormitory building and look for room 117. Please hurry!” I replied before ended the call.

“Jiyeon…please……” That’s the only word I could utter, with my hand slowly caressing her cheeks and my heart is begging for a miracle…

 

 

Soojung POV

“Why her voice cracked? Did she cry?” I wondered to myself as I drove faster, worrying that Eunjung might be in troubles. Eunjung and I were close since we were little. Though she was a few years older than me, we didn’t have any trouble to get along.  Even after my family and I moved to San Francisco, nothing’s change as we often video-call each other through Skype. I even convinced my dad to let me go back and stay in Korea for a while as soon as I heard Eunjung has been accepted to NSU.

I then make one more turn before finally reached Eunjung’s dorms. I just park my car near the main entrance before running down the hallway to find the room Eunjung had told me earlier.

“Unnie…” I called Eunjung from outside the room before pushing the slightly opened door and found Eunjung sitting on the floor with her hands tightly wrapped around a girl who’s lying unconsciously on the floor.

“Eunjung-unnie… What happen?” I asked her, trying to find the cause of this scene.

“I don’t know.” “What should I do?!” Eunjung replied with tears streaming down her face.

“Get her in my car, quick! We should get her to the hospital a.s.a.p.” I told Eunjung before putting the girl arm across my shoulder while Eunjung holds her on the other side. We then quickly carry the girl down the hallway, heading towards my car before carefully lay her on the backseat. I began to speed up with my eyes glancing on the rear-view mirror once in a while, checking on both; Eunjung and the girl who manage to make Eunjung shed a tear.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to Soojung driving skills, they reached the hospital in no time. Soojung stop her car right in front of the emergency department and run towards a guy in blue medical attendant uniform. The guy quickly pulled a wheeled stretcher towards Soojong’s car. He then gets inside, lifting Jiyeon out from the car before laying her down on the stretcher.

 

Eunjung POV

“I’m sorry Miss, but you have to stay here.” “We need to examine her for a while. Have a seat and we’ll take a good care of her.” The nurse politely said to me before she drags the curtain around the bed where Jiyeon lies. I lifelessly walk away and sit on the bench nearby.

“Unnie, you should wash your face. You look horrible right now.” Soojung said while handing me her handkerchief.

“Uh..okay.”

I stood up and went to the bathroom, quickly wash my face before wiping it with Soojung’s hankie. I walk out in a fast pace, feeling so desperate to see Jiyeon right now. Soojung quickly stood up when she saw me coming.

“Unnie, they already move her in that room.” Soojung said with her finger pointing at the door with a small vertical window right across the counter. “And they need you to fill some papers before you go.” She added. I then told Soojung to go home when I saw tiredness in her face.  She hesitated for a while but finally leave after I convinced her that I’m feeling better and I am fine to stay here alone.

After I’m done with the papers, I went straight to Jiyeon’s room, slowly turning the knob and let myself in. I sat down on a chair beside the bed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter