.020

Shots of Haven

Title: If I Have a Lover

Pairing: KyuJing

Rating: G

WC: 1,132

Summary: Jiyoung’s ideal guy is tall, dark, and hansome, but Kyuhyun is tall.

A/N: I fail to update this ofently, and i've been struggling to finish the crack!ship i've been working on for months now OTL

Forgive me this is all I can offer at the moment. I'll comeback with a better story (hopefully).

P/S: Inspired by the same title as the song and the couple is as requested by Ghea88

 

 

Jiyoung is a bright girl right from the start. She loves to wonder beyond her curious m

ind, asking questions that she picks up on her daily basis. She loves the extra attention given to her by her older sister. She would brag about the good things in her life despite coming home to an empty house with the older. She loves to show off to her classmates how beautiful her sister is and talks like she has all the rights, because well, her sister really is pretty. They have agreed.

She loves fairytales and dreams of having one herself. She has a vague image of her prince charming, tall, dark, and handsome. She would flash toothy grin whenever she meets her sister’s friends, bashfully gawking at how tall they were.

Because Jiyoung is a small eight year old girl when she first met the fourteen year old Cho Kyuhyun.

He was neither dark nor handsome in his chubby form, but he was the tallest in her sister’s group of five. She sticks to him immediately, reminded of her lost plushie that she hugs to her sleep.

 

 

Jiyoung was in her fifth grade when she met Taemin, the tallest boy in her class, ironically, he’s also the prettiest lad in the room. He was shy unlike her and Jiyoung was the first one to make the move.

One time during their quick break, she pulls him to the corner and asks if he wants to be her boyfriend. The latter feeling overwhelmed by the former, had put on a small smile. They shared her banana milk right after, connecting their pinkies for a promise of date every break.

 

 

When Jiyoung returns home with Taemin, she finds Kyuhyun in the couch. She runs excitedly at him and lunges herself to hug the older boy. She introduces Taemin to him, noting how taller Kyuhyun was compared to her boyfriend.

The younger two made themselves comfortable on the carpeted floor, scattering their homework across the table. Kyuhyun offers them help, quickly sending Gyuri a message to make sure she bought enough snack for them four.

She sneaks herself inside the older boy and sits in his lap, Taemin right next to them.

 

 

Three weeks after, she comes in barging in her sister’s room. Clad in her flowery summer dress, she smiles up at the older girl presenting her to-do list for the day. For her date at the park, just a few blocks from them, with Taemin.

Gyuri laughs at her attempt to make it sound like a real date. She stomps her feet and puts on the biggest pout when the older said that they are too young to do everything she had penned down.

Still, she asks Taemin to hold her Hello Kitty purse-bag on their way to the park.

Before the sun sets from the horizon, Jiyoung had returned home. She had the biggest frown one at her age could muster, angrily slumping her whole body in the space between Kyuhyun and her sister.

She told them she broke off with Taemin because the guy refused to push her swing and instead, played on the sandbox with the other boys.

Jiyoung had declared then, she will only fall for that tall, dark, and handsome guy.

 

 

When Gyuri had her first boyfriend, in the form of Kyuhyun’s best pal, Jiyoung is already in her last year of middle school. She had grown taller with her hair continuously growing with her.

She had made a lot of friends, nothing amazingly new. She met Dongwoon as she rounds the corner to the comfort room and Jiyoung thinks nothing in his pretty face is akin to their race.

He was tall and handsome, but not dark. Jiyoung decides then that he could pass as her crush.

When she comes home to tell her sister the good news, Gyuri wasn’t there. Having a boyfriend takes all of their sisterly-time. However, Kyuhyun was there, at the kitchen eating what she assumes to be a sandwich.

She giggles in front of Kyuhyun instead.

 

 

She starts losing her baby fats by the time she’s in high school. A lot had changed by then. Her old pants seemed shorter, the lovely shirts that she owns, she gave them away in exchange of the brand new sets of blouse. She allows Gyuri to curl her hair whenver they went out.

Jiyoung noticed the inch difference between her height and her sister’s, but her ideal man is still the same.

When she sees Gyuri’s boyfriend, she thinks he’s tall. But not enough.

Kyuhyun was at the back and is still taller than him.

 

 

When their prom came, Jiyoung scored to have the hottest guy in their school to be her date. She had asked Gyuri to dress her up. Asked for her tips for the said occasion, and borrowed her perfume. By the time she had finished and had come out of her room, she was met with three pair of eyes.

Gyuri’s boyfriend was there sitting close to her with Kyuhyun on the other side.

There’s a light knock on their door but Jiyoung notices how Kyuhyun had managed to change from all those years. No more cutie chubby guy, his clothes were semi-formal, and he was taller than ever.

She bids them goodbye and walks to the front door.

 

 

College came and her life has turned upside down. It almost smells like real world. She didn’t wait for Gyuri to come home anymore to narrate her new findings; instead she opts to spend her time with her girlfriends. She catches some eyes lingering on her as they walk down the hall; she had also received quite a number of confessions too.

Still, when she opens their house door, she finds Kyuhyun inside.

 

 

When her thesis project came, Jiyoung finds herself seated right next to Kyuhyun in the carpeted floor of their living room. Papers were scattered across the table and the older guy had offered his help. Gyuri was out with her boyfriend, getting them snack.

Jiyoung had met Taemin on the bus station on her way home; they exchanged a few good words and set a catch-up lunch date for the next week. She noticed how they were on the same height now and how he remains beautiful.

Yesterday, she received a text from Dongwoon, asking her how she is. They remained as friends after middle school and she seriously doubts the blood running in his every veins.

Jiyoung thinks she could never find that tall, dark, and handsome guy she was looking for. However, she thinks she found someone close to the description when she deliberately talked about what she wants if she has a lover and Kyuhyun just patted her hair saying,

Graduate first before you ask me out