.009

Shots of Haven

Title: Black Coffee

Pairing: JiMin

Rating: G

WC: 437

Summary: Jiyoung gets fired, yet again, and Taemin is a regular.

A/N:  –

 

 

She traced her index finger along the rim of her half-filled cold black coffee while her mind wondered why she loved the flavor so much when all it taste’s was nothing but bitterness. It could be because it was strong that it felt like she could be too, or that it’s just plain simple to make and doesn’t take too much time. Either way there’s just something about it that knows her too well that it became her drug.

 

A day won’t be complete without a taste of the caffeine. It soothed her, calmed her in many ways people can’t do. It was her escape from reality. One, two, three, even four, she’d drink it when needed. Like right now, having a long day and being fired – yet again – for voicing out her side of story when her Boss lectured her you’d think that she had already drunk herself in that beverage. Yet, two hours and forty three minutes had passed and she only had a half of it in her system. Weird?

 

No

 

It was more of the ‘she’d had enough’. For the last eight years of her like (since college) she hadn’t had anything she can call her own. She’d been on and fired in too many jobs she couldn’t even last up to four months. Her parents had already left her to be in a much happier place leaving her with nothing to fend for her. And don’t even start her with her love life. Jiyoung had never had a smooth relationship, all three were rocky.

 

She had lived and survived like that with no help other than that black which she now grew tired off. Her life can be compared to that liquid, black, lonely, yet strong. Now realizing that, she felt pathetic, there’s no hue in her life, nothing, not even a light color of happiness in her dark side.

 

“Maybe if I had put a creamer on you from the very first I wouldn’t be like this” She made a disgusted face as she pushed the cup away.

 

“Then why not start now?” Her facial expression changed immediately after hearing another voice aside from her. She eyed the intruder taking the seat across from her.

 

“I’ve just done the same and trust me coffee tastes better with a creamer.” Taemin, she remembered him, he was also a frequent customer here and just like her, he orders nothing except black coffee.

 

Want to try mine?” There was a smile on him that radiated through her, suddenly she felt as if her cold coffee turned warm once again.

 

Maybe it’s time for change.