.017

Shots of Haven

Title: She Never Cried In Front Of Me

Pairing: broken!HyukRi

Rating: G

WC: 5,663

Summary: Gyuri finally breaks.

A/N: Song Fic: She Never Cried In Front Of Me

 

 

It was yet another victory for Super Junior as they bagged another Grand Prize Award for their latest album, Mr. Simple. With Leeteuk’s impending engagement in the army, the night just seemed to be a lot more meaningful than before. It was hard, they were incomplete, but they’ve managed to survive, overcome the 5 year jinx in the industry and proved that the line “In the end we are Super Junior, the last men standing” isn’t just a fluke.

Eunhyuk saw it all, he was part of it. The moment they were just trainees up to where they are now, he couldn’t believe how everything was finally fitting his dream puzzle, and to top it all, he had the most understanding and loving girlfriend any idol could ask.

She had been there all along, supporting him in every way she can think of, never complaining even if she too, had her own worries. Eunhyuk knew he had made a lot of mistakes, he admitted he wasn’t really the perfect boyfriend he wished he was. He was known as a Casanova, and that, is not just a stage character. But behind it all, she still loved him and stayed by his side.

I love you. She would say with a smile and the fight is settled just like that. Eunhyuk would sometimes wonder if she really meant those words, or if he meant to say the same words as well. After a few days, the doubt between those three letter word would be vanished into thin air and they would be back to being the lovely couple they were. It was always like that, she understands him according to him, and that understanding is being abused by the same man.

“This calls for a drink!” He shouted as they gathered back in their changing room, the day was a handful but winning an award made up for it and celebrating it was the only way Eunhyuk can see to pay their effort, in addition that is.

“Ahh I think my legs are going to fall soon, I’m too tired” The MC of the night protested as he put on his jacket.

“Aww come on hyung, some alcohol can make you relax”

“Okay fine but, what about Gyuri?”

“I’ll just call her and tell her I can’t send her back” The Leader eyed the man and shook his head.

“She should earn more credit for putting up with you” He grinned and pulled on the older.

“She loves me hyung, face it”

 

The sun was about to show up when he knocked on her hotel room door, surprising his own that he had managed to be alive. They were wasted; the atmosphere back in the bar was just overwhelming that he can’t fight the urge to downed glass after glass.

One more knock and the door was opened by a girl, obviously annoyed that she has been awaken by the sudden intruder.

“Gyuuuuul-ahhh ~” She sighed and carried the man inside her room.

“How did you get in here?” She placed him in her bed and begun taking off his shoes.

“I drive! Hehe” He put his hands in the air mimicking the way he held the steering wheel. Rolling her eyes, she carefully took off his jacket and button up shirt leaving him in a wife beater.

“Sleep” He smiled and reached up to her, she complied and leaned into him giving him his good night kiss.

“Good night princess~”

 

“…okay oppa… I’ll be there as soon as I can get… I’m really sorry…” Her melody like voice woke him from slumber.

“…aish..” He clutched onto his hair as the pounding worsened, like lightning Gyuri was by his side handing him a couple of pain killers and a glass of water.

“How many have you consumed?” She caressed his back in a circular motion as he gulp down the water.

“I’ve lost count” A sigh escaped her lips.

“Are you hungry? I’ve ordered lunch, but I think it’s already cold” She stood up walking to the table adjacent to the bed placed on the side of the wall; Eunhyuk followed her and sat on the opposite chair.

“Thanks” She watched him eat, different words running around inside her head but nothing came off. He was oblivious.

“Your members are already on their way back to Korea” He dropped his fork as he stared at her.

“Why didn’t you wake me up?!”

“YOU. Didn’t woke up” He scrambled to his feet and run for his phone

“I’ve already called Leeteuk-ssi” He stopped on his tracks

“Oh!… Thank you baby~” Eunhyuk had forgotten when’s the last time he saw Gyuri smiled the way she’s smiling right now. It was refreshing and definitely contrasted the stoic expression she had prior. He tightened his embrace from behind and leaned his chin onto her shoulder.

“How about you? Where are the girls?” She placed her hands above his and tilted her head to the side.

“Already back home, just like the other groups”

“Then who would go back with you?” If they weren’t in a position they were currently in, Gyuri would eventually think that he’s an idiot, but they were and she thinks that ‘idiot’ isn’t enough to describe the man holding her tightly.

She unclasped the hands that were capturing her and stood up walking towards the huge glass window

“I have an appointment with the musical team, so I’ll have to stay for a while” A white lie, not intended but suddenly it’s for her own positive outlook, to encourage her that Eunhyuk just wants to keep her safe.

“Oh yeah right, the musical... hours?” She shook her head as she never let her gaze drop from the magnificent view in front of her.

“I’m not sure yet” Silence, Eunhyuk didn’t asked anymore and just hugged her from behind. They stayed like that for a few more minutes staring at the view, feeling each other’s warmth before he finally let go, he grabbed his things and kissed her goodbye.

“I love you” A mumbled plea he never got the chance to hear. She pulled out her phone and quickly composed a new message for their manager.

Oppa, can I stay here for a few weeks?

 

~~~

 

Having a packed schedule, Eunhyuk didn’t get the chance to regularly contact her, he would send a message now and the next she would receive would be after a day or two, calls aren’t even possible with him. Gyuri had already seen it coming, but no matter how much she had gone through it, there is still that part of her that hurts to know she isn’t important, or so she thought she isn’t.

“I’m so sorry baby, I couldn’t get in touch with you” She smiled and hugged him, a normal phase for them two.

“Its fine, I’m busy as well” He placed kisses all over her face feeling remorse at the tone she used.

“Let me make it up to you” There’s a glint in Eunhyuk’s eyes as she looked in them but she refused.

“I don’t know”

“Aww come on Gyul~”

“I have vocal les-”

“Please~ …Baby?” She fell on the trap, it had happened before but she still had a soft spot on that particular word.

“Fine” He beamed, hugging her too tight, yet, Gyuri didn’t mind, she was happy.

“I’ll pick you up after my schedule”

 

Frantically leaping inside their dorm, she change from clothes to clothes, putting on masks over masks, she had fallen asleep long enough to wake up and notice that there’s only a half hour for her to get ready.

“Yah Gyuri-ah, calm down will you?”

“Seungyeon I’m late!”

“He’s still not here and besides, girls were supposed to be actually late.”

“Still, I want to look good.”

“But you always look good”

“Not when I’m in panick mode” She retreated back to her room and Seungyeon sighed returning back her attention to the abandoned movie. It’s almost midnight and all the other members were on their respective rooms leaving her to deal with a frustrated Gyuri.

Guilt ran inside Seungyeon’s blood when she saw her friend practically clashing around to anything she gets bumped into in their dorm, Seungyeon knew it’s her fault that Gyuri is late but who could muster a courage to wake a peacefully sleeping Gyuri? She just doesn’t have that nerve yet.

The creaking sound of the door disconnected Seungyeon from her thoughts, she looked around only to find Gyuri dressed in her pajamas, she cocked her eyebrow and watched the latter made her way over the couch.

“He said there’s a sudden meal with the PD and they can’t leave” She pulled her knees up to her chest and wrapped her arms around it, staring blankly at the screen while she rests her chin above her knee.

“Let me call Kyuhyun” She went back to her room and after a few minutes Seungyeon was back with a chocolate ice cream in one hand.

“Seems like they were stuck” She handed it to Gyuri, leaving out the fact that Kyuhyun had managed to sneak out and that Eunhyuk choose to stay behind.

“Thanks” She gave a small smile

“You need it”

 

~~~

 

The success of her musical has taken its toll on her; a problem on had risen and slowly took away her voice. She cried the first time the doctor had broken the news to her, when she can’t participate in a number of practice she also cried, and right after her phone call to SSTP the tears just exploded. She felt useless and had disappointed those people who believe in her.

Stress was taking over and without SSTP for her to relieve it, she took it on Twitter.

She spammed her followers with her tricky emotions, let out everything that bothers her, not thinking of who are reading it, or rather if he can read it, but she doubt it, they weren’t following each other so there’s no need for her to hold back.

By the time she finished, it was then that she realised that her messages can be mistaken to a possibility of having a double meaning. It was out of bounce; Gyuri had lost control and stayed away from the social networking site.

“You’ll only get more attention if you stayed quiet” They were in Seungyeon’s room; she was splayed on her bed while the owner was leaning against the head board.

“Just tell manager oppa to make a statement about your throat so you won’t be moping around, it’ll only add to your stress” She sighed giving her phone to Seungyeon.

“Aish! You owe me with this Gyul” Said girl rolled onto her side, until now she hadn’t heard from him.

 

A quick knock and the door bursted open.

“Unnie look, people are wishing for your fast recovery!” Nicole plopped down beside Gyuri and placed her laptop in front so that the three of them can read the article.

“See? I told you” She smiled and hugged the owner’s room, just then her phone vibrated, she quickly opened it as her heart pounded erratically.

I asked Shindong hyung to do it; I’m so sorry baby I just knew now. Are you okay? Does it hurt? I’m seriously sorry baby, you must be feeling lonely now, don’t worry I’ll be there as soon as I can. Take care baby, I love you.

Curiously, the two watched as Gyuri quickly opened her Twitter account and the first thing that greeted them was Shindong’s tweet, she immediately opened the link of the picture and smiled foolishly at the sight of two boys, it was accompanied with Eunhyuk’s line of their current song.

She turned her head to Seungyeon’s side and as much as it hurts, she opened

“Thank you”

 

“Hyung what should I buy, a flower, cake, or fruits?”

“How about all of them?” The younger pouted

“But hyung don’t you think it’s too much?” Shindong arched his brow.

“Don’t you think you’re too much? She’s your girlfriend Eunhyuk, why are you hesitating to spend money on her? And how come it’s only now that you’re going to visit her? I told you before the article even made public” He shyly scratched his head as the older waited for his response.

“I’m busy hyung”

“When she would visit you, don’t you think she’s busy too?”

“But she didn’t even told me about it

“Eunhyuk, that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t check on her. Make some effort will you?”

“I’m making hyung”

“Not enough”

 

Her bed dipped down and another presence was scooping her, opening her eyes, she leaned into the heat.

“I brought you something” She shuffled and turned around facing the man she hasn’t seen for a while.

“How are you?”

“O-ok-a-y” It was hoarse and painful, but anything for him, she’ll willingly do it.

“Sshhh… Stop talking I want you to recover sooner so save that beautiful voice of yours....I love you” He tapped the bridge of her nose and gave her forehead a peck before hugging her tightly as they both drifted off to sleep.

 

The girls were awoken by the noise coming from the kitchen, but it was only Seungyeon who actually stood up and checked on the said room. There, busily working on a breakfast was Gyuri, clad in her apron with her hair tightly kept in a bun.

“Haven’t seen you wear that since..” A light chuckle managed to escape her lips as Gyuri jumped slightly and cluthced onto her clothes. She walked over the counter near the sink and grabbed her mug kept in the cupboard.

“I didn’t mean to scare you, but you were pretty occupied” She poured a black substance halfway through it before placing the coffee maker back to its place and standing beside Gyuri.

“You’re making Kimchi pancakes which means, he’s in your room?” Gyuri nodded as she flipped the batter upside down. The latter kept her gaze on her, Gyuri had been down and Seungyeon knew enough to ask more.

“Have a good day then” She patted her shoulder and Gyuri returned the gesture with a breathtaking smile.

 

~~~

 

The past months had been awfully great to Eunhyuk, SM had given him and Donghae the chance to release a single and perform it in music shows right after the success of his musical debut. With his eagerness to deliver a great performace each show, he threw out all unnecessarythings and focused on the project, the same thing he did during his musical.

“Hey, Gyuri made us some food” He stopped on his steps and narrowed his eyes to the man in the mirror behind him.

“Where is she?”

“Probably on the road now, she said no one answers the door so she went back, luckily I saw her in the parking lot” His brows creased a bit but it was only for a second and it was gone by the moment he turn around and walk to where Donghae is sitting.

“Call her dude” He opened the lid of the plastic container and inhaled the aroma “I never get tired of her cooking”

Eunhyuk grabbed a chopstick and started picking on the food “Yah! I told you to call her”

“Later, okay? I’m hungry”

 

In the span of a week’s promotion, everyone has been crazy with the duo’s song and to conclude their first succesful week, they’ve decided to throw a party.

“Who’ll be there?” She anxiously asked as they enter a private club

“Friends, don’t worry you know them” He winked at her and lead the way. The pounding sound of the music coming from the giant speakers, faces of familiar idols and people, and greetings of acknowledgement, was what welcomed the two as they make their way.

“Gyuri!” Through the crowd of people, she spotted Shindong with Nari approaching them.

“Hey!” Both hugged her as she did the same.

“How are you? Is Eunhyuk taking a good care of you?” Said boy glared at him.

“I am hyung, thank you for your concern” She smiled, linking her arms around his as she nodded her head.

“Good, because if not, I’ll teach him a lesson”

“There’s no need for that oppa, he already learned. I guess?”

“Yah! What does that mean?” A round of chuckles erupted within the group, few more questions and exchange of jokes before the two pair left them behind and joined the other groups.

“Unnie! Oppa!” Both people whipped their head around to find a group of girls coming their way.

“Tiffany!” The ever bubly girl of the group hugged them first and everyone followed suit.

“Where’s Taeyeon?” Gyuri asked curiously as their Leader, her friend, was missing.

“She has some prior commitment so she’ll be late” She nodded with a smile and before she knew it, everyone was talking except for her. Her first words were also her last as everyone had gone busy bombarding Eunhyuk with never ending questions. Without Taeyeon, she felt out of place.

“I’m gonna go grab a drink” She whispered in his ears and excused herself.

 

“Want a ride home?” Nari sat beside her by the bar. She smiled and turned her gaze back to the man laughing loudly as he talked to a group of girls, Sistar was it?

Since she excused herself from him, he never once looked for her. His other members would sit on the stool where Nari’s currently sitting and keep her company but it would only last for a few minutes before she’s alone once again, creepingly stalking her own boyfriend.

“Would Shindong oppa mind?”

“He won’t, and I’m willing to join” From the other side, Kyuhyun was leading the way with Shindong trailing behind.

“I guess Seungyeon’s back?” He grinned

“Come on Gyul, with his current mood, he won’t even remember that he brought you here” Her face fell.

“I know”

The ride was quiet, no one dared to open a topic, even the radio didn’t do any good. She was clutching at her phone while staring outside the window; Kyuhyun is sitting beside her on the back seat while Shindong’s on the steering wheel and Nari on the passenger’s seat.

“Gyuri... About earlier, I’m sorry” She smiled a bit, hugging the couple a goodbye.

“I know, and it’s fine” She patted his shoulder and turn on her heels, the three watched as she walk inside the building with her shoulders weighing more than it should.

 

~~~

 

“Why did you do that?”

“It was part of the proposal”

“And you enjoyed it”

“Hu-? What are you talking about?”

“Don’t ask me, I saw clearly how happy you were. People were thinking that you look good with him!”

“It’s just a show”

“But things can turn reality”

“Don’t be ridiculous”

“I’m stating facts”

“Are you, doubting me?”

There were times when Eunhyuk would get jealous at other guys for being too friendly with Gyuri, okay - it is all of the times. Just stay a little too close to her and be prepared to know that your name is already in his watch list. Despite his Casanova side, he’s a man that doesn’t want anyone touching what is his. Its okay for him to play around with anybody but it’s never okay for anyone to touch what is his property.

It’s a rule that Gyuri finds amusing and interesting, and she loves playing with it. Getting Eunhyuk’s attention is a hard task; that was before, now, she only needs a guy friend, a bit of aegyo, and he’s all over you in a second flash.

“I’m asking you a question”

“And I answered your question” He sighed, standing up.

“Fine, do whatever you want”

“Where are you going?” She followed him to the door.

“I have schedule, I’ll see you later” A kiss on the cheek and the said door was closed.

The only thing that Gyuri didn’t enjoy in playing with Eunhyuk’s possession game was the revenge he does every single time. She never knew if his expression matches his own feelings but if it were, then getting attacked by Eunhyuk’s revenge triples all of that. With every jealousy feeling he gets, he makes sure to get back on her with a stronger blow.

Fair has been scratched off of the rule book since the beginning.

 

“I thought you’ve turned down this show?” Leeteuk scrunched up his features a bit.

“What I said hyung is that, I’ll think about it.” He explained carefully.

“And what made you agree on this?”

“Nothing, I just want to annoy you” Sensing the aura beneath the fake demeanor, Leeteuk turned serious.

“What happened?” He sighed

“I don’t want to talk about it”

“Eunhyuk”

“Not now hyung” Feeling like she had cheated on him with that little stunt she did with B.A.P’s leader, Eunhyuk ran to the set of WGM.

They were supposed to be filming for this blind date thingy, just the right thing for his plan.

His flirtatious side showed up and lightened the mood but his original plan of just fooling around for the sake of his revenge somehow was forgotten. Flirting is his expertise and if these girls want that, well an Aries is known for being generous.

 

~~~

 

“I’m s-sorry” A kiss on his hands, his declaration of affection and breaking a girl’s heart, Gyuri isn’t numb.

“I won’t do it again, please, stop doing the same thing” He smiled, with his outstretched hands, he grabbed her figure.

“If you said that before, I won’t have done that, I’m sorry baby”

 

~~~

 

Both kept to their promise (at least he’s trying) and had been spending a lot more time with each other. However, his schedules found its way to separate them just as things have started to heat up.

“I love you”

Her whispered words were slowly drifting off as he waved and greeted the crowd of fans.

“Man my jaw feels like dropping” At Yesung’s mumbled repine, fans were delighted to see their Anchovy chuckling.

“Can we hit a bar after this?” He whispered at the older.

“You don’t need to ask that” That night, Eunhyuk knocked on Gyuri’s door, wasted and smelling of a girl’s perfume.

Waking up in the middle of the night only to find her intoxicated boyfriend sprawled out on the cold floor had became an awful routine of her.

“Can you knock on my door smiling, for once?” She watched him sleep on her bed; the solemnity in her voice wasn’t heard by him, of course she knew of that.

 

~~~

 

“Hyung! Can I borrow your cologne?”

“Where’s yours?”

“I left it at the dorm”

 

~~~

 

Having known by her members to have a sharp sense when it comes to smelling things, Eunhyuk’s little trick didn’t made it home.

“Take off your shirt” He was taken aback with the amount of superiority in her voice.

“Covering up another smell with another one would worsen it, take it off and I’ll wash it for you” She displayed a smile and retreated off to the utility room.

“Some fans hugged us out the building and their perfume kinda rubbed on it so...” A complete mixture of truth and lie, which part is which, Gyuri could only assume.

“Be careful next time” He was relieved to hear such gentleness in her voice but too deaf to hear the warning enveloped with it.

 

~~~

 

“What are we doing here Eunhyuk-ah?”

“To relieve some stress hyung”

“I can see that, but why are you calling over those girls?”

“I told you, to relieve some stress”

 

~~~

 

“Who did you go drinking with last night?” His head was pounding and Gyuri’s accusing questions isn’t helping.

“I called your phone last night but you weren’t picking up, Kyuhyun said you went out, who’re you with? Why are y--”

“Gyuri, can you please stop asking questions? My head is hurting like hell.”

“Then stop drinking”

“I’m stressed okay? Happy?!” All sorts of comeback stopped right were they are at the sound of his voice going to a notch higher than usual.

“W-why are you shouting?”

“Because you’re asking too much it makes my head hurt!”

“Well I’m sorry if I’m causing you such pain and please don’t come here when you’re drunk if you don’t want me to ask you questions” She slammed her door, hard enough to wake any sleeping soul inside their dorm.

 

“Hey baby...” He sat beside her with his arms snaking its way on her middle.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to raise my voice and I’m with a hyung last night we just had to release some stress, please don’t be mad at me I can’t focus on anything if you’re mad at me...I love you” Those last three words felt rather different than before but Gyuri choose to be carried away by the sweet talk.

 

~~~

 

2012 is definitely the year KARA has been waiting for. Their popularity is soaring higher than expected, thanks to the love and support the Japanese fans gave them. Five years have passed and what great way to celebrate it than having your own concert?

Finally, it is happening. Their dream is finally coming true, starting to unfold with each day and second they spend tiring themselves in that studio, perfecting everything they have to offer to their dearest Kamilias.

The thrilling experience of waiting for the special day was exciting and nerve-wracking. What if no one shows up? Will they like what they have prepared? Such things run inside their head at the end of the day. Yes, they have gained popularity, but it was back in Japan. Korea has yet to accept that they have talent beyond the pretty face they show.

And so, when the day came and a lot of Kamilias showed up, what more way to show your gratitude than having tears of joy and a thankful smile aside from a grateful heart? The amount of people who showed up doesn’t matter, it’s who showed up.

Gyuri is in great dept at the amount of their friends, sunbaes, and hoobaes that showed their support to them, but at the same time she’s envious. Despite the speculations, Junhyung was there for Hara, Key never left Nicole amidst her injury, Jiyoung had her friends, and she?

She’s at the corner with Seungyeon, because Super Junior just had to have the same concert date as them, in Singapore no less.

 

The morning when they woke up, each and everyone is still light-headed. It still feels like a dream, heaven on earth as they would like to call it. Nothing from what happened the last two nights are sinking in, everything is too surreal.

So imagine it when suddenly at the middle of their spazzing mode, Gyuri stops and turns in a painful expression. Everyone was worried but she never let them see. She quietly changed her clothes and left the dorm with a smile of reassurance at them.

It took her longer than expected and the next thing that comes out of her doctor’s lips was not what she wanted. After much more explanations, she silently grabbed her things and bowed in respect.

All the dreamlike feeling went sraight outside the door once she had reached her room. Taking off her coat, Gyuri layed on her back staring at the blank ceiling, she carefully analyzed the whole thing, the series of concerts and the sudden break down of .

She needs him.

Pressing her speed dial number one, she placed her phone beside her right ear. With each ring she recieves, thoughts of achieving and reaching for the remnants of their dreams answers back.

She cries.

 

~~~

 

Her throat surgery and everything about recovery made public.

 

~~~

 

Eunhyuk returns and becomes her personal nurse.

 

~~~

 

Eunhyuk calls her everyday and Gyuri wants nothing but to be able to answer his I love you’s. Rather, she texts him

Thank you.

 

~~~

 

Gyuri slowly recovers

 

~~~

 

He was the first one to hear her voice again, small and low yet, it’s enough.

Eunhyuk hugs her.

 

~~~

 

Everything starts to get back to normal.

Gyuri is back with KARA.

Super Junior practices everyday.

 

~~~

 

Gyuri is now able to manage small talks.

Eunhyuk’s old habit of partying is back.

 

~~~

 

He knocks on her dorm and she opens.

“Hi” Gyuri smiled shyly, still not used to hearing the way her voice sounds.

He smiles “Baby”

She hugged him, the smell of a girl’s perfume filling her nose.

She ignores it.

 

~~~

 

He comes back the next day with a bouquet of her loved flowers.

She ignores the smell of another perfume he comes along with.

 

~~~

 

They’re back in Japan and Gyuri suddenly misses Eunhyuk.

She calls him.

On the third ring, he answers, a bit tipsy.

“Don’t drink too much” The call ended when she hears a girl’s voice calling Eunhyuk’s name in the background.

 

~~~

 

Gyuri hears a rumor about him.

 

~~~

 

He woke up with someone beside him and a massive headache.

Her clothes are halfway off but still covered her important body parts.

She’s not Gyuri, and Eunhyuk doesn’t remember who she is.

 

~~~

 

The progress of Gyuri’s recovery is doing great.

She can now hold longer conversations and laugh freely after her aegyos.

Eunhyuk is proud of her. He takes her out on a dinner and watched the night sky. He’s being surprisingly too affectionate.

But she didn’t find it suspicious.

 

~~~

 

He’s too busy to be able to reach out.

 

~~~

 

She accidentally saw his car while walking in disguise on a busy street. Gyuri called for a taxi and followed him.

They ended up in a club located at the eastern part of Seoul. The bouncer looks at her skeptically but lets her in. Her features scrunched up at the humidity of sweat that is in the air. She held her coat tighter and walked in through the crowd and settling on an open stool at the bar.

Her eyes widened at the sight of Eunhyuk dancing with an anonymous girl, a little too close for comfort.

She stood up and went back home.

 

~~~

 

She wakes up in the middle of the night and lets Eunhyuk in, a little drunk and completely smelling like.

Gyuri doesn’t want to know anymore.

 

~~~

 

Eunhyuk is frustrated, Gyuri doesn’t answer his calls.

 

~~~

 

Her old voice is starting to come back to its form.

With her excitement, she decided to pay him a surprise visit.

She knocked on their dorm and didn’t like the way s look shocked and all after seeing her.

“Is he around?” she asked sweetly.

“He’s a... I mean...” and, didn’t like the way Donghae fidgetted around and not meeting her gaze.

“I guess I came at the wrong time. Tell him I said hi.” She left as quickly as Donghae spared his other members a side glance.

 

~~~

 

Eunhyuk’s habits are getting worse.

Gyuri is starting to get tired.

 

~~~

 

Gyuri doesn’t like her instincts.

 

~~~

 

Eunhyuk is still out of reach.

 

~~~

 

She refuses to believe

 

~~~

 

He makes a mistake.

On the third ring, Eunhyuk answers her with a different name.

 

~~~

 

She let it pass.

But it happened twice.

 

~~~

 

It all comes down the hill.

She pays another visit, surprising everyone inside. She ignores them when they tried to stop her coming to his room. A smile curved when she saw him sleeping peacefully on his stomach. She nears him and sat on the side of the bed.

She brushed his fringe that was covering his eyes and leaned down to whisper “Baby~”

He let out a groan and she laughed quietly.

“Wakey~ wakey~ Baby~” She held her hands over her lips as she tried to control the giggles emitting from it, caused by her childish attempts.

He stirred

“Wakey~ wake-” Her original giggle turned into gasps.

He continued to move until he’s lying on his back.

Gyuri didn’t want it to be there but it’s too late, the tears have started pooling at the side of her eyes. She abruptly stood up and the squeaking made by the bed’s springs woke the sleeping figure out.

“Baby?” She turned her back to him as he sat up.

“What are you doing here?” He yawned and lightly scratched the sleep off of his eyes, grabbing the wifebeater that was on the upper side of the bed.

“I was... I was j-just waking you up” She bit on her lower lip and tried to calm her uneven breaths.

“Come here” His outstretched arms were ignored when she shook her head.

“I have a-...I’ve to go now.” Without sparing him a glance or anything she reached for his door. Her hands lingered on the door knob as she stops and inhales a deep amount of needed air and for the first time, she turned to look at him and allowed the man she loved so much to see the pain he’s causing her all this time, without his knowing.

“I’ll ask the make-up artist to cover your... your hickeys” She smiled and was out of the door when Eunhyuk realizes.

 

~~~

 

He tries to run after her but s stopped him.

“That’s enough, Eunhyuk-ah”

 

~~~

 

Gyuri is now fully recovered; she can speak but rather stayed quiet.

 

~~~

 

Eunhyuk tries to explain everything.

And Gyuri is tired.

 

~~~

 

He says I love you and it sounded just like the first time.

 

~~~

 

Gyuri slids down and cry.

Eunhyuk was just outside her door.

 

~~~

 

He came back with a bunch of flowers in hand which were calloused due to writing a box of letter that was in the other one.

He knocks, she ignores.

 

~~~

 

Eunhyuk waited.

 

~~~

 

She picked the letter box and read them.

Without Eunhyuk knowing, he’s making her cry.

Yet, once again

 

~~~

 

He loves her.

It was written down.

 

~~~

 

Gyuri is tired.

 

~~~

 

Eunhyuk is already too late to change anything.

 

How was I supposed to know?

She was slowly letting go

If I was putting her through hell

Hell I couldn’t tell.

She could’ve given me a sign

And opened up my eyes

How was I supposed to see?

She never cried in fron of me.

- Toby Keith