.010

Shots of Haven

Title: Soulmate ½

Pairing: HaeRi, hint!HyukRi

Rating: G

WC: 1,264

Summary: Donghae wouldn’t admit it but he loves her. And when he does, it’s already too late.

A/N: I really think that #HaeRi would look good together. They're becoming my second OTP

Next part would be posted after a few other stories... ^^

 

 

Do you love me?

 

What if I do?

 

I’ll love you back

 

He was astounded, clearly not expecting her answer. They’ve known each other for all their lives, and he knew that what he felt for the other wasn’t just a simple love for a friend. It was that kind of love. He meant what he said but,

 

I don’t think I’m ready for that

 

He observed as her cute lips formed a small circle and as she stood up dusting her school uniform from invisible dusts. He was expecting her to walk away but she didn’t, rather, she looked back down at him with a smile as her hand reached out for him.

 

It’s okay I’ll wait

 

He was hesitant but he took it anyways. It is the first time they held each other’s hands despite the close friendship, and to the truth, he wasn’t thrilled about it because he, Lee Donghae, is afraid of commitment. And it was clear enough that their entwined hands meant more than friendship.

Once their flesh touched, he knew they are already more than friends but less than lovers, and she’s okay with it because she, Park Gyuri, loves him. She wasn’t afraid like him, she’s daring and confident, and she’s willing to wait for Donghae to accept that he, do lover her because there’s no one aside from him for Gyuri.

Not long after their comeback with hands together, speculations of them two being an item spread out like wild fire. Yet, no one confirmed, not even the two. What was there to say anyway?

 

Few days had passed already but still, Donghae’s a bit hesitant towards her while she had became more clingy and affectionate, but she knew enough to not say I love you.

There might be still some hope though, because that afternoon, Donghae was the one who initiated the flesh contact.

 

“Getting ready?” She looked at their hands as they walk out of campus. He chuckled, scratching the back of his head with his free one.

 

“I’m not sure, but it’s comfortable” They both smiled at each other, oblivious to the eyes of people adoring how good they look together.

 


“Then hold it as long as you want”

 

“You won’t let go?”

 

“I told you, I’ll wait”

 

Three months after their second indirect confession, Donghae had come to terms that he’s not uncomfortable anymore whenever Gyuri’s around, but he’s still hesitant. Something about being in a relationship scared him to death, that’s why, up to now he hasn’t had any girlfriend.

It wasn’t the exact same reason as to why Gyuri hadn’t had any boyfriend either. She’s more than willing to take up the opportunity and challenge of love to be honest, the only thing that was holding her back was him. Gyuri wants Donghae to be her first and last.

 

“Don’t you get tired?” He asked with his head resting above his book, facing Gyuri, who was also on the exact same position. It was break and almost all of the class was out to grab some snack and refreshments.

 

Gyuri frowned, stopped her hands from brushing through his hair. “Don’t you like it?” she asked back withdrawing her hand before he stopped it.

 

“I love it, it calms me but, I’m not talking about that” It took a few seconds of silence before she realized the meaning, her hand immediately attached itself back to his scalp and continue wherever it left off.

 

“Why would I get tired? I love you and I know the feelings are mutual.” She said with a warm smile grazing her lips but right after it was gone and was replaced with an uncertain one.

 

“Well, was it mutual?” He caught her hand and trapped it between his and the space between their joined desks, his thumb brushing along her opened palm.

 

“I guess” Was his simple answer but that’s enough, for now.

 

She smiled curling her fingers around his “Until then, I’ll wait”

 

Winter break has come and gone, and Gyuri’s starting a new semester with a positive outlook in her relationship with Donghae. Not many had known but over the winter break, the two had been inseparable. Days of her absence in his life made him accept his own feelings for the girl. It is official, at least to him, that the feelings wouldn’t be doubted anymore.

However, her smile soon fade away while his hand squeezed hers tighter as they enter their room. It seems like their homeroom teacher had decided to rearrange their seat plan resulting for Gyuri to sit in front beside the new student and Donghae on her four o’clock.

 

“So guys, this is Hyukjae, Hyukjae meet the gang” Donghae eyed the transfer student carefully, taking mental note of everything he finds unpleasant but rather failed.

That simple gesture didn’t go unnoticed by Gyuri, as soon as Hyukjae greeted everyone, she took the seat beside him held his hand under the table and then, she whispered “Onlyyou

 

Days turned into weeks, weeks turned into months, and everyone had gotten closer to Hyukjae. It turned out that he was a happy person, full of energy and life, a bit of a Casanova but more on the joker side. He can make everyone around him laugh without fail, and that includes Gyuri.

Donghae had seen how the two became comfortable with each other, and it only took him one glance to realize that Hyukjae was the kind of pain that he’s avoiding.

 

“I’ll hold onto it” He said desperately and out of nowhere as they were left by their friends.

 

“Huh?” She was confused but didn’t refuse when Donghae grabbed her hand raising it a bit, just enough for their view.

 

“You told me you’ll wait and I’m gonna hold onto it so please…please wait for me Gyuri” His heart flinched at her smile, it wasn’t the same anymore.

 

It didn’t take long when the seal that he carefully and securely placed around their entwined hands break loose and he was left alone in his bed clutching his shattered heart. It was his fault and he is very aware of it. He was the coward one, it took him months to realize it and now that he’s ready, she was already wrapped in another man’s arm.

This kind, this hurtful and wanting feeling of dying, is what he’s been afraid of. The reason why he can’t admit his own feelings, the same reason why he’ going through it right now.

He didn’t want rejection.

He was completely and utterly broken, Gyuri had broken him. No, he broke his own heart because Gyuri didn’t do anything, she waited for him, reminded him that she’ll wait. She had admitted her feelings towards him and waited even though all she received was an uncertain answer from him. Still, she waited, but what did he do? He took it for granted and now he was the one regretting.

It was evident between them that what they felt towards each other was the same; the only difference is that he never admitted the truth to her. And now, he’s determined to prove it, because he strongly believes that what they have was much stronger than what she had with Hyukjae.

 

“Oh God Hae, I’ve missed you! Why haven’t you returning my calls?! I’m so worried of you. Don’t you ever try to ignore my calls or I swear I’ll hunt you down–” He hugged her tighter, trying to reattach the seal he once attached between them, only this time a lot more stronger.

 

I love you