.011

Shots of Haven

Title: He

Pairing: SungSeung

Rating: PG

WC: 1,435

Summary: Yesung entrusted Seungyeon’s safety to his friend. When he comes back, it’s different.

A/N: A Yesung-Seungyeon trial with an OC. I'm not really confident with this story, I don't even know if it's worth posting but I did anyway. So please, forgive me @ariesmars and @msryus.

I've got KeyCole next chapter.

 

 

I’ve never imagined coming home like this, of all people I thought she’d be the first one I’ll see, but she never showed up. Four months away from home and I can already see so many changes, commercial building were on construction, my favorite Deli had been renovated, and as I passed by the flower shop I’ve frequent on, I couldn’t recognized the florist.

It was a little refreshing, seeing how progress can be made within that short amount of time. It was almost unbelievable because for me it felt like I was gone for only a month and yet the place where I came from said that a lot has changed when I was gone.

Never had I imagined to be welcomed by her like this. Whatever I missed during my absence must be the reason of her current condition. Because right now I can’t see my bubbly Seungyeon in the girl in front of me sitting in the middle of her bed rocking herself back and forth while hugging her knees tightly.

I could hear her mom said something like an apology and telling me something which I didn’t quite catch as I was too absorbed and astounded at my girlfriend’s behavior.

 

“I’m sorry Yesung-ah we’ve tried asking her but she wouldn’t talk. Ever since she came home one day she stopped talking.”

 

I nodded my head without leaving her from my eyes, I couldn’t think of a reason as to why she became like this. Everyone in school loved her and is most likely her friend so bullying or any crap form of prank was out of the list. The only thing that I can think of and I’m quite positive of was that,

 

It has to be worse than that

 

And her eyes just proved it. The moment she noticed me standing at her door frame, fear exploded in her eyes, the rocking became shaking and she was now covering herself with her comforter.

 

It has to be worse than that

 

Because she never flinches away when I touches her, and yet, her she is ducking her head away when I almost, almost, land my palm on her pale cheeks. That rejection made me at lost and if it weren’t for her mom telling my name for her, she wouldn’t even raise her head back.

 

It has to be worse than that

 

Sitting there while watching her tremble under her blanket, obviously afraid of me, wasn’t the show I wanted to ever see in my entire existence. I tried talking to her but she kept her gaze away from me. I’ve said I love you and I miss you but she still remained that way, kept and distant.

 

 

I have so many questions that needs an answer and yet all I can hear was the same “she returned home like that” I’ve asked around her friends but no one knew and it seems like that she had stopped hanging with them. My group of friends had also the same answer, even my best friend whom I assigned to be her protector while I’m gone can’t give me a definite one.

 

“Please, just tell me” I pleaded once again as I stop right beside my best friend who was by the way obediently doing his homework.

 

“I told you already, I don’t know. She just locked herself away like that, she wouldn’t talk to anyone.” I scrunched up my nose as I rubbed my temples.

 

“There must be something wrong, or something had happened without your knowledge”

 

“If you don’t trust me, then why don’t you go and ask her yourself”

 

“But she won’t talk to me!”

 

“Exactly! So just leave it like that, she’ll tell you when she’s ready”

 

And that’s what I did; I never asked her anything when I visited her every single day. I just sat there, beside her, telling stories about my little journey overseas, trying to get even a little bit of response aside from the continues nodding, trying to make her comfortable around me and not tremble away with fear whenever my flesh touches hers ever so lightly, trying to will out the thought that my girlfriend couldn’t trust me enough to tell me what’s wrong.

 

For a month that’s what I did.

 

The confusion, hurt, and any other feelings that have been lingering around my body vanished when she opened their door for me. The happiness I felt was beyond what I’ve experienced before at that simple gesture. It was even doubled when her mom broke that beautiful news that she had started talking again.

And when her soft melody of a voice greeted me good morning along with that eye-smile of hers, it was the most breath taking view my eyes had ever caught off. All the anxiety and worry was forgotten when the sun shone down on her, emphasizing how she amazingly changed into a fine young lady in over just a month were she almost looked like a zombie messed up in those computer games before.

 Her face showed no other emotion than happiness and excitement, as if there’s nothing wrong in her before. I almost got fooled by it, if only she didn’t cling into me for dear life.

Everyone was oblivious; the only thing that matters was that sudden change in her mood. People we pass by gave her a relieved smile and she would return it with a grateful one. She even insisted on eating at our favorite Diner and greeted everyone just like how she used to, and played at the park until the sun was out. By the looks of it, she had returned back.

Weeks more had passed and she started hanging out with her friends once more, laughing loudly and shamelessly cracking a joke. Yet, no one noticed that simple thing. Wherever she goes, whenever it is, I’m standing beside her, holding her hand as she refused to lose it in any sense.

She was never this clingy; she even refuses it when I said I want to hang-out with her and her friends. But I couldn’t bring it to ask her why.

 

By the end of the month, I could already see our old self as we cuddled on her bed after that meal with her family when she invited me over dinner to have that wonderful cooking skill of her in my taste buds.

Her sweet scent of vanilla calmed me as I let my hearing be dazzled by her soft voice telling me a bunch of stories. This thing, I could almost tell that nothing is wrong and that everything is fine even from the start.

It has to be, right? Because, nothing can broke us apart.  Not until I told her of my plans staying over at my best friend’s house for a boys night out.

 

“No!” She practically screamed as I asked

 

“Okay, how about I’ll extend over an hour then leave?” I asked gently as I noticed her tremble from my grasp.

 

“You can’t go!” I felt a slight wave of panic when I saw tears welling up to her eyes.

 

“Why? I’m not going anywhere I’m just staying over a friend’s house, you know where exactly I will be” I tried again, calmly, though inside I was running out for help to calm her down.

 

“He’s not your friend!” The tears broke out; fear was all over her eyes. Something in her tone angered me.

 

“P-please, don’t leave me a-again… he…h-he’s not your friend” And then it clicked, why I didn’t believe him the first time I asked him, why she trembled in fear and hid behind my back clutching onto my shirt - until it wrinkled on her sweaty palm, weeks earlier when they first met again.

 

Because it has to be him

 

Why she’s afraid of getting into a direct contact with other people except from me and her family. Why she refuses to let go of my hands and never wants me out of her sight. Why she’s acting this way all of a sudden.

 

Because it has to be worse than that

 

I scooted closer to her taking her head to rest at my chest as I caressed her back with comforting circles though my own heart clenched as I could clearly hear the girl inside my arms cry. The girl that I love, the girl that I treasure so much in my life, handled with care like an expensive bottle of wine fragile up to its bottom, broke down all at once as she trusted her past in me.

 

He me”