Dinner

Truly Valuable

Later on that same day...

 

Halmeoni, Halbeoji, Yura and Min arrived back at the Kim's mansion. The four of them were eating dinner together, discussing about "tomorrow's" event.
 
"You guys remember that we have a company meeting tomorrow, right?" 
"Of course Halbeoji, wouldn't forget it." Min stabbed her broccoli, "You mentioned that the Yoon, Jang, Son, Yong, Yang, and the "other" Lee family were bringing their sons for the first time. Am I right?" She dipped her broccoli in ranch and stuffed it in .
 
"Yes indeed, they are coming tomorrow. They want their sons to start getting in the  business." Halbeoji said as he then made the whole bowl of clam chowder disappear into his stomach.
"Ah..." Min finished up the last of her steak. 
"Why Minnie? Are you nervous?" Halmeoni looked shocked.
"Haha no Halmeoni!" 
"Don't worry about it, Min. It's just gonna be like all the other parties you've been to, except that there are a few new people around your age who would be joining, starting tomorrow." Yura explained, getting a nod of understanding from Min.
 
"Ha! My little Min has been to these company parties with us since she was sixteen! Nervous? I don't think so. More like excited!" Halbeoji gave Min a wink, causing Min to laugh.
"And curious." Min pointed out as the Kim's butler replaced her empty plate with a plate of brownie sided with vanilla ice cream. "But I know it's gonna be so cool!"
 
"I heard their sons are very handsome and friendly." Halmeoni smiled, "I also heard that they all attend the same college as you will soon."
"Really? Woah! Then that means-" Suddenly Min started to chuckle to herself, but ended up coughing a little because of the ice cream.
"Calm down there buddy." Yura said as she patted Min's back lightly, "What does what mean, Min?"
 
Min cleared , "Hehe nothing mom, I guess it just means college friends!" She sipped some water and started to talk again, "So, is Appa coming tomorrow too?"
Her question silenced everyone, but Yura, not wanting the silence to stay longer than two seconds, saved the day, "He will be." 
"Okay." Min smiled and went back to eating.
 
After the three munchies finished their dessert (Yura was too full to have any), Halmeoni informed Yura and Min that they were starting a new business project that would take at least a year to engage in before they can actually launch it. They were going to travel to many places and associate with other major companies. Unfortunately, they were set to leave the day after tomorrow. 
 
"Oh my, it's already eight-thirty! You guys should go home so you can rest well and get ready for tomorrow!" Halmeoni said.
"Already?" Yura looked out the window, "It is getting dark outside," she started taking her stuff, "let's go home Min."
"Awwww! But we won't be seeing them until next year!!!" Min whined.
"You'll see them tomorrow, right?" Yura waited patiently by the front door.
"Stilllllll" Min tried stalling as looked at her mom, who looked back at her giving Min a "you-already-know" look. "Fine." Min gave both Halmeoni and Halbeoji a hug before she went outside, got in the car with Yura, and waved them goodbye. They waved back until the car exited the mansions' gates and slowly faded from their view.
 
"Such a great granddaughter." Halbeoji sighed, "Can't believe we have a business thing that will take up the whole year. We're even going to miss Minnie's birthday!!! Ugh!" 
"I know right." Halmeoni agreed, "Which is why we planned this get-together for her! What better way to replace us than to have Yura and six young, rich, handsome and friendly boys to celebrate with her?"
"First of all, let's just hope they get along. And secondly, I don't care if they're rich, all I care about is that they'll treat Minnie the best. Hopefully they become great friends and help her through her first year of college as well." Halbeoji said as they both headed to the kitchen.
 
Halmeoni pulled out a folded bag and gave it to Halbeoji, who placed it in the microwave and set it for two minutes. Both of them waited for the popcorn that they just put in. 
 
"It's not that Yura is not enough, it's just that we wont be able to spend the whole year  with Minnie and that'll only mean that it's just Yura with Min." Halbeoji took out the popcorn and poured it into a large bowl, "That only referring to the times when Yura isn't busy with her company things and when Min is off school."
 
"Taewoo needs to be taught a lesson. He never spends any time with Yura and Min. What could he possibly be doing the whole entire day, for everyday?" Halmeoni said as they both walked into the living room and sat down on their couch, turning the TV on.
 
"Apparrently," Halbeoji put his two hands up and finger quoted, "working."
"Our son is such a pabo. He doesn't ever see the good stuff in front of him. How on earth did we raise such a child? They deserve better." Halmeoni said as she flipped to a certain channel on the plasma, while chowing down some popcorn with Halbeoji.
 
Halbeoji wanted to change the subject, "Let's just hope this get-together works out." 
"Min is a 'one of a kind' girl. Plus, due to their family status, money and name has no influence on their relationships." Halmeoni proudly said, "So how can this not work?"
 
 
 
 
 
Author's note: Hi guys! I'm sorry I'm still stuck on the same day for these past chapters (if u noticed haha) :(( but I did warn u that it's gonna be slow...anyways
 
Don't be shy and comment on whatever! What u like about it or what u think is gonna happen next? I'm not forcing ya but I like subscribers too!!! hehe
 
Also thank you for all the new subscribers, up-voters and friends I've gotten!!! I hope you guys enjoy this story so far! Fighting!
 
p.s. If u have any questions, feel free to ask! I'll be so happy to answer :)