Come Out

Truly Valuable

"Kikwang... I like you too." 

 

Min let out a breath, "See? You can do this! Just five words." The girl got out her car and walked up his doorsteps, ringing his doorbell. A moment later,  Kikwang opened the door. 

 

"Min." He said, surprised. Seeing her for the first time in a while made his heart quiver, “What are you doing here?” 

 

“Um… I wanted to talk to you.” Her eyes scanned the floor, trying to remember what she wanted to say and when she remembered, she looked back at him. “I… I want to say that I’m sorry for the way I treated you last time. It was my fault. I overreacted. The blonde guy last time wasn’t a stalker, he’s a friend of mine. But thank you for worrying about me.” 

 

Kikwang rubbed his neck, “Uh, no worries. I’m sure you had your reasons.” He stood still, not knowing what to say.

 

Min felt the awkwardness too, unfortunately. She sighed, “Look, I actually came here to say something else too.” 

 

He looked at her intently. Was she finally going to respond to his confession?

 

“Kikwang, I… I like you too-” 

 

“Oppa! What are you- Oh, who’s this?” A fair skinned pretty girl popped up from behind him. Min made eye contact with her and her heart dropped. Oh no.

 

“Oh, this is my friend Min. Min, this is Eunji. She used to be my neighbor.” He introduced the both of them to each other.

 

Well, this must be my lucky day, Min thought. Stay calm, she doesn’t know you know her yet. She stuck out her hand towards her, “Hi, it’s nice to meet you.” 

 

With almost an unnoticeable frown of disgust on her face, Eunji quickly covered it up with a fake smile and shook her hand. “Hi.” She inwardly smirked, laughing at how clueless Min was at the moment, who was unknowingly shaking the hand of her half-sister. 

 

“Wait, were you saying something Min?” Kikwang asked. He remembered hearing the words “I like you too,” but could it be?

 

Min stared into his eyes with a moment of silence. So this was it. It’s over. I was just his ‘friend’ after all. Obviously, he’s still in love with Eunji. She sighed, “I…I like you to… please talk to the others. I don’t know what happened between you guys, but I think it’s best to just settle it.”

 

Disappointment soared through every single cell of his body at the moment, he didn’t have enough time to be understanding, “If you came here to tell me this, you could’ve just sent Junhyung over so we can settle it. It’s between the two of us anyways.” 

 

Min flinched slightly at his words. “Well, I came here to apologize about last ti-”

 

“Yeah, don’t worry about it. I got it.” he cut her before he could hear anymore. 

 

Eunji stayed quiet as she watched this awkward yet intense conversation continued. To be honest, she actually quite enjoyed it. She liked how their relationship was beginning to tear apart. She liked seeing Min being hit with his harsh words. This just meant that Kikwang would come back to her, like where he belonged in the first place. He’s mine, Eunji thought as she stared at the shorter girl. Min glanced at her half-sister who flashed her a smile, then back at Kikwang who looked pissed off staring at the side. 

 

“Clearly, I’ve interrupted something. I’ll be going now. Bye.” Turning around, she went down the stairs and off to her car without looking back. Not that she needed to anyway. They didn’t even say goodbye back. She sat in the driver’s seat and started the engine, soon driving away as a tear slipped down her eye. “You pabo, what were you thinking?” she scolded herself.

 


 

"Hey, have you seen Min?" Yoseob said as soon as he opened the door for Junhyung. 

 

"No? She's not here?" 

 

"No, she was gone when I woke up." 

 

"Do you have any idea where she is?" The older asked as he went in. 

 

"No, she's not even fully better yet." Yoseob closed the door and thought for a moment. "Wait. I might've said something to her yesterday."

 

Junhyung gave him a weird look. Yoseob wasn't usually the one to say harsh words to someone, let alone Min. "What did you say?"

 

"I might've asked her about her feelings for Kikwang." He mumbled. 

 

Curious Junhyung was no longer curious. Now sporting a frown, he stood up. "I'm gonna see Kikwang."

 

"Hyung, you sure? I'm not for sure she went to see him."

 

"I don't care, I need to put him to his right mind." He said as he headed for the door. 

 

Yoseob caught him by the shoulder, "Wait, you're not gonna tell him, are you? Min said she'll tell him herself."

 

"Whether or not she did today, I'm still gonna tell him. The longer she doesn't tell him, the more she's hurting herself. What if she sees him with Eunji?"

 

He had a point. Yoseob nodded, "You're right. I'll come with you." 

 

"No. I got to settle it with Kikwang myself. And you should stay if Min comes back."

 

"Alright. I'll let you know when she comes back." Yoseob said, sending him out. 

 


 

"We need to talk." Junhyung said, sitting on his couch. 

 

Kikwang laid back and looked at his friend, "Oh great, she really did send you here to talk." 

 

Catching his words, Junhyung asked, "Did Min come talk to you today?"

 

"Yeah. Didn't she tell you to come here?" 

 

"No. I came here myself. What did she say to you?" 

 

"Hyung, if you're so curious, why not ask her yourself?" 

 

Junhyung grit his teeth, "Ki, this is serious. Just tell me what she told you!"

 

It must've been serious because Junhyung doesn't usually raise his voice often. It reminded Kikwang of their last argument, which obviously didn't turn out well. He sighed, "She only came to apologize and told me to settle whatever we were having." 

 

"That's it?"

 

"She doesn't ever tell me anything anymore. What do you expect from someone who's been avoiding me this whole entire time?" 

 

Junhyung scoffed, "What do you expect from someone who's sick and worrying about everyone else besides herself?"

 

The younger's eyes snapped up, "She's sick?"

 

Sighing, Junhyung looked at him calmly, "Look, this whole entire time you were off being mad at Min for doing what she did, you never once thought about why she did it, did you?"

 

He took a good look at Kikwang's face and he knew he was right. He then continued, "I understand why you're mad but what she needs is time-"

 

"Time for what!? I get that she's sad and I wanna be there for her but she pushed me away. She pushed me away, hyung. Only me, no one else." Kikwang retorted.  

 

"She did it for you."

 

Kikwang was about to burst into both frustration and confusion. "What are you talking about?"

 

...

 

Junhyung spoke slowly, "She told us not to tell you and that she'll tell you herself when she's ready, but I just couldn't stand seeing her get hurt any longer." 

 

Kikwang steadily took in all the information he had received. "." He rubbed his face in guilt, "Eunji was here this morning." 

 


 

Min came back home and dashed into her room before Yoseob could even register what was happening. Not hearing any noise within the room, he gently knocked on her door, "Minnie, are you okay?"

 

He didn't know what she did, but he had a pretty good idea of where she went. "Did you see him?"  

 

She didn't have to say so for him to know. Of course she went to see him. Where else could she have gone? "Can I come in?" 

 

Again, no answer. He sighed and decided to open the door anyways. Twisting the knob, he gently pushed it open, but it didn't budge. She must've been leaning on it or something. Yoseob let go and sat himself down on the floor, leaning on the door himself. "I won't speak if you don't want me to. It's fine if you don't want to say anything. But I want you to know that I'm here for you. I'll be here, Minnie." 

 

He sat there in silence, waiting. Ten minutes passed and he heard a light knock. He got up as the door slowly opened. "Oppa, I couldn't do it." Min said. 

 

Couldn't do what? Tell Kikwang what? The truth? Your feelings? What kind of feelings??? Yoseob kept quiet even though he wanted to ask so many questions. If he did, he’ll probably scare her off.

 

“I was going to tell him but Eunij just showed up!” She groaned, “I couldn’t do it. I saw her and just… couldn’t do it.” she finished, feeling defeated. 

 

A hand was about to comfort her, but she slightly flinched, making it stop. “Seobbie, can I have some time alone right now?” 

 

Yoseob frowned, but Min couldn’t see it as she looked down, “Okay. If you need me, I’ll be downsta-”

 

“No, I mean alone alone.” She said, trying not to make it sound mean as it already was.

 

He quickly realized she wanted to be alone in the house. The idea unsettled him and he was sure it would have done to same to the others, “Minnie, you’re still sick.” 

 

Her sorry eyes finally dared to look at his, “I’m not that sick anymore. I’m okay. Plus, I can take care of myself. I can’t have you and everyone else always taking care of me. It’s a waste of your time.” 

 

“It is NOT a waste of my time.” He shot back, “I do this because I want to. Hell, we do this because we want to. Don’t you get it? We do this because we care! Because you mean a lot to us! You mean a lot to me!” He stared at her intently and softened his gaze, “I’m worried about you. Can’t you see that?” He said, voice cracking. 

 

She could feel the tears forming from the back of her eyes, but she blinked them away as she watched the man in front of her speak his words. Pour his feelings. He truly cared for her. But she cared for him too. “I do. I really do. But I don’t want to see you worried about me nor do I want you to be worried about me.”

 

“How can I not be worried when you’re like this?” 

 

Like this? Min didn’t need to ask to know what he was saying. He meant her moping around after the accident, getting sick, and now stressing over the Kikwang issue. There was a long silence before she finally came up with an answer. “Three days.” 

 

“What?” A very confused Yoseob asked.

 

“Give me three days and you can come back anytime, any day. Until then, I don’t want to see anyone right now. No texts, no calls, no checking up on me.” She said.

 

“No.” 

 

Yoseob was always stubborn, but he was always a man of his word. She was determined to get what she wanted this time. “Remember that time I won that bet and you told me you would give me anything I wanted?” 

 

He thought back to their two-week trip to Bali and that bet he made with Min to tease Kikwang with her bathing suit. Then that “kiss” joke she pulled on him that he turned back on her. If it was any other time right now, he would’ve been laughing at the memory, but he couldn’t bring himself to when he felt like he was going to lose this argument. He nodded. 

 

“I want three days.” 

 

Well, that was it. Yoseob couldn’t say anything now. He promised her anything. She wanted three days and three days he’s going to have to give her. “Fine. Three days it is. Nothing more, nothing less.” 

 

She smiled, “Thank you.” 

 

Yoseob was mad, but as soon as he felt her tiny body hug his own and hear her say a sincere “I’m sorry,” he was forgiving the next second. The change in emotion was just too drastic. This girl is going to be the death of me, he thought. They separated and he patted her head before he was ready to leave, “I’ll let the others know. Take care, okay?” 

 

“I will. And you too oppa.” 

 


 

Three days of isolation from the others let Min think about a lot of things. About Kikwang, Eunji, the company, her father, and her complicated position in her situation. Min was fully better now and during this time, Baekho had kept her informed about her father’s actions. Taewoo was already moving Sujung and Eunji to the main house and planned on marrying his lover. 

 

By now, nothing her father did would really surprise Min anymore. Before, the betrayal of her father along with the death of her mother took something from Min. She didn’t have an idea of what to do anymore. With the help of Doojoon, Junhyung, Hyunseung, Yoseob, and Dongwoon, she definitely felt better. But something was missing. Justice, maybe.

 

Her grandparents’ suggestion of taking the CEO position of the company threw her off, but it seemed right. Her father didn’t deserve the CEO position nor does Sujung or Eunji. They’ll ruin everything her grandparents worked so hard for. Aside from that, her father marrying Sujung was a humiliation to Min’s mother! It had to be stopped. 

 

This time, Min had her mind set straight. She was done sulking. She was going to take down her father and she had a plan. But first, she had a certain someone to visit.

 


 

Ding dong. The door opened to a very familiar girl. “Hi,” she greeted with a big smile on her face.

 

Her smile was back. She was back. Everything was back, but there was something different about her. She had always had a fire in her, but this time he could feel that it was stronger than ever before. It made him smile as well. Before he knew it, he pulled her to him and wrapped his arms around her, holding her tightly. Min hugged back, just as tightly, letting a small giggle out. 

 

“I’m sorry about last time.” she spoke into him, listening to his soothing heartbeat.

 

As if it wasn’t possible, he tightened his hold around her even though he knew she wasn’t going anywhere, “It’s fine. Seeing you like this, those three days were worth it.” 

 

“Thank you oppa.” Yoseob was beyond happy at this point. He was glad the old Min was back. So glad to see her smiling instead of frowning. He knew she was still sad deep inside, but this was progress. Healing took time. And healing will happen as long as she wanted to be healed. He knew she did. 

 

He was so deep in thought and being proud of her, he almost missed her question. “Oppa, where’s Kikwang?” 

 

Strangely, her question didn’t annoy him like how it would before. “I don’t know. We’ve only seen him a couple of times after Junhyung went to settle everything with him.” 

 

“What happened anyway?” She asked, realizing she never knew why they were fighting in the first place. Little did she know, their little argument was about her. 

 

Yoseob decided not to tell her because it would’ve made her feel bad. “Nothing really, but Kikwang knows everything now.” He said, trying to change the subject.

 

“Oh.” Min wanted to tell him herself, but at the same time she felt relieved she didn’t have to now. Just when she was about to ask who told Kikwang, Yoseob was one step ahead.

 

“Junhyung told him that day when he went to settle it.” 

 

They finally separated from their long hug and smiled at each other. He took her hand, closed his door, and walked to his car, “Come on, let’s go see the others. They’re dying to see you.” 

 

And that was it. She reunited with the six of them.They too, were glad to see back the cheery and bubbly Min she was when they had first met. The first thing Junhyung did when he saw her was apologize to her for telling Kikwang, but before he could, Min thanked him for his action. She probably couldn’t have done it herself anyway, she told Junhyung who felt all his guilt go away.

 

Kikwang also apologized to her, but Min never blamed him and insisted she was sorry for not telling him sooner. But even then, Kikwang felt bad for what had happened. Their relationship wasn’t the same as it once was. It was a little awkward as Kikwang and her never really spent time alone together anymore. Things were hard for Kikwang as he tried to decide on what his feelings were between Min and Eunji. 

 

Did he still like Eunji? Yes. Did he like Min?Yes. But Eunji (and Hara) killed Min’s mother. He shouldn’t like her nor be friends with her anymore. It wasn’t fair to Min, but he couldn’t just forget Eunji like that. He did like Eunji before Min. She was his first love that couldn’t happen before but could now. But what about Min? Things were weird now. Did she ever like me? These were the questions he asked himself. The struggles he felt.

 


 

“I’m going to remarry.” Taewoo said without hesitation.

 

His daughter sat across him on another couch and looked at him with calmness. “No.” 

 

He scoffed, “I don’t need your permission. You should be thankful I’m even telling you.” 

 

Min slowly took a breath before she began her argument. “I know you never liked me or my mom. And I can’t stop you from re-marrying, but you should know that it’s not going to make you look good.” Min said, now making Taewoo frown.

 

“What do you mean?” 

 

“Mom’s gone.” She said trying not to break down at her own words, “What will our business partners or the public think of you re-marrying so soon?” 

 

“Re-marrying so that my daughter doesn’t feel that lonely nor without a mom? It’ll not only make me look good, but look like a good father too. Fate is on my side, kid.” He smirked.

 

“If you choose to re-marry, then I’m going to expose to everyone that you have been cheating on my mom this whole entire time.” He frowned at her statement, making Min push him even more. “Not only are you going to look bad, you’re going to make the company look bad.” 

 

He looked at her like she was an evil witch and Min knew she steered him into the direction she wanted. “You don’t have any proof.” He said. Min then tossed an envelope on the counter between them. He took it and opened it, finding a bunch of pictures of him and Sujung and Eunji. Rip. Rip. Rip. He ripped it all as Min watched the pieces fall on the floor.

 

Min stared at her father, “There’s plenty of where that came from.” 

 

“You .” 

 

“What are you going to do now, appa?” This irked him even more. She knew he hated it when she called him that. But he couldn’t say anything right now, there wasn’t anything he could do to stop her. He hit a dead end. 

 

“I’ll tell you what, you can marry Sujung,” Min started, “after a year and a half. I know you’re going to move them to the main house anyways, but I’ll make it even better for you. I’ll move out. Then you won’t ever have to see my face at home. All this and I won’t expose that you’re a cheating husband and terrible father. Deal?” 

 

“Seems too good to be true.” he scowled.

 

His expression made Min chuckle, “Well, it’s the truth father. I don’t ask for much. Deal or no deal?” After a while of glaring at her, he finally agreed to it. Min smiled, “Good decision, dad.” She got up and stopped before the door as she remembered something, “Oh and don’t let them move in just yet. I’ll at least need two days to clear our rooms. Thanks Appa.” She said, grinning.

 


 

A/N: well, this is progressing lol, Min is going to take action now! i promise there’ll be more and better drama next chapter but this chapter had to happen :)

let me know what you think about this so far! Love you all my upvoters, subscribers, and commenters!!! <3<3<3<3<3