Don't Worry About It

Truly Valuable

The sound of a vacuum could be heard outside the bedroom door and Min slowly opened her eyes. Rolling over to the other side of the bed, she looked at the clock on the nightstand. 

 
12:23 PM
 
There goes another day of waking up late. She couldn’t help it though. These days, her father frequently sent her to meet up with other company representatives that had night schedules. Sometimes the arrangements would finish up as late as 4 am. As if she didn’t have enough on her plate already. Not only did she have meetings during the day, but now she had to worry about the night ones. In the midst of grabbing her phone, she noticed a standing card and opened it.
 
Hey sweetie, Happy Birthday!!! I know you’ve been working hard so I didn’t want to wake you. I’ll be back in five days! Take care and eat lots! I love you!
 
(Heart) Your Mummy
 
 
Wow I didn’t even realize that it was today. Umma had to leave for business purposes and Min already knew of this. Business was inevitable for the family and she understood it clearly. Umma at first opposed of going away because of Min’s birthday, but Min told her to go. She knew how troublesome it would be to arrange for another time, for both them and the other company. So they celebrated her birthday early. Still, it felt pretty lonely knowing Umma wouldn’t be there on her birthday and it wasn’t like Appa was going to remember or even care. Just as she sighed, her phone rang.
 
“Hello?… Oh hey Kikwang… You left it where?… Uh okay, but the house is empty… Yeah… No problem… Huh? What?… You kidding me, right?… Okay okay I’ll get ready now… Bye.” I don’t remember Kikwang ever going to Halmoni's and Halbeoji’s house before. Maybe they knew him?
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Okay guys, I just called her. She should be here in 20 minutes or less.” Kikwang said.
“Okay, good job.” Doojoon said, “Did you finish installing the confetti machines?”
“Not yet, I just need one more.” Kikwang said as he went back in the kitchen to get the last machine. 
“Do it quickly!” Doojoon said with worry, "Yoseob, balloons?”
“All up there.” He pointed up to the ceiling, where there were tons of balloons stuck on a black screen up above, held by static. 
“Nice. Dongwoon, the banner?”
“Almost done, just got to hang the other side!”
“Okay, Yoseob go help him!” Doojoon ordered, “Junhyung, did you find it?”
“Yeah.” Junhyung slightly shook the golden envelope he held in his hand, “They're all in here.” 
“Okay, good. Are we missing anything? Wait… where’s Hyunseung?” 
At that moment, the sound of the front door closing made everyone stop what they were doing and hold their breath.
 
 
“Here! I got the cake!” Everyone gave out a sound of relief after hearing Hyunseung’s voice. Everyone returned to their job while Hyunseung put the cake in the fridge and Doojoon followed him in, “Did you buy candles?” Hyunseung froze, “No, you didn’t tell me to!” 
 
“Guys! Finish everything up before she gets here!!! Junhyung, buy me 10 minutes!!!” Doojoon yelled out as he grabbed his keys and rushed out the door. 
“What?! How am I supposed to do that???”
“Just think of something!” Kikwang yelled from upstairs. 
 
Junhyung grabbed his phone and dialed Min’s number, pacing back and forth as he thought about what to say. Suddenly he heard Min pick up, “Min?… Hey uh I heard you were picking something up for Kikwang… Yeah, I just want you to grab a few things for me since I’m uh not feeling too well.” He gave a few convincing sick coughs and pretended to sound a little hoarse, "Are you anywhere near a convenience store?… Oh you are? That’s great! Uh I mean, can you go in and get me a few things?… A pack of fresh minty gum, a pack of gummy bears, find one that has a lot of green ones in it, and a pair of shades… Uh, they’re just motivation for me to get better… Yeah, that’s it… You can give it to Kikwang later, he’ll give it to me… Yeah, I’m sure… Thanks Min… Bye.”
 
“Gum, gummy bears, and shades? Seriously?” Kikwang finished installing the machine and went down the stairs. “Very convincing.” 
“Yes, just as convincing as your playstation and nerf guns excuse.” Junhyung said, taking a seat on the couch.
“How else was I supposed to tell her to bring her luggage?” Kikwang defended.
 
Sometime later, everyone else finished up and joined Junhyung on the couch and not too long later, Doojoon came back with the candles. He was just about to sit down when they all heard a screeching car sound. 
 
“She’s here!” Dongwoon informed them as he peeked through the window curtain. 
“Places! Remotes! Lights! Go! Go! Go!” Doojoon commanded in a whisper.
 
 
 
The door opened and closed, the only sound that of could be heard in the dark were rolling wheels. “Man, why is it so dark in here?” 
 
Just as Min switched on the lights, the machines popped out confetti and the balloons fell from the ceiling, and everyone shouted, “Surprise!!! Happy Birthday Min!!!!” 
 
Min gasped and covered out of shock. She stood there speechless, eyes getting teary, so everyone crowded her with a comforting hug. Min finally recovered and returned their hugs, “Thanks guys! Did you do all this? This is so awesome!!!” 
 
“Of course we did.” Yoseob proudly said.
“Yah! Why didn’t you tell us that it was you birthday today?” Doojoon scolded.
“I thought we were friends!” Hyunseung said.
“Of course we’re friends! I must’ve forgotten since I was so busy lately.” Min said. Before she could say anymore, her stomach made a loud rumbling sound and everyone started laughing. “Don’t laugh guys! I didn’t get to eat yet!"
 
“Let’s go eat lunch then!” Kikwang said, taking Min by the hand to lead her outside. 
 
 
They went out for lunch and even went bowling, but they knew not to go bowling with Min ever again, after witnessing her slip and fall near the lane, even though Min said it was just an accident. Before they knew it, they headed straight to dinner and back home, where they sung happy birthday to her and ate the cake.
 
One by one, the guys started to leave, everything was over. Just as Min got up, Kikwang stopped her from leaving. “Wait. Remember I told you to bring your luggage here?"
“Yeah?"
"I need you to pack right now. Pack a for a two week trip."
“What? Why?”
“It’s summer! We’re going to have some fun! The boys are finishing up, they’ll meet us at the airport. So pack up now!”
“Wait, this is all so sudden. What about you?”
“I finished packing yesterday just so I can spend more time with you! Now hurry!” More time with me?
“Okay oka- But, I don’t know what to bring!”
“Don’t worry about it! Bring anything! You look pretty either way!” He pushed her into her room. Did he just say I look pretty? Min shook her head of the thoughts and grabbed some clothes from her drawer and stuffed them in her luggage, thanking her grandparents for forcing her to a room of her own.
 
 
 
 
 
Kikwang and Min waited for the others while they sat next to each other. Noticing that she couldn’t stop her legs from shaking, he placed his hand on her hand, “Minnie, calm down. Everything’s gonna be fine.” 
“What if Appa calls me? What about Umma? I need to tell her.” Before she got to text Umma, her phone started ringing. It was Appa.
Before Min picked up, Kikwang immediately took her phone and held it up high as he stood up from his seat. “No! Kikwang! Appa is calling me! What are you doing?” Even though Min was jumping for the phone, she was still too short to reach it. 
 
“I know it's fun, but it’s not nice to pick on Min.” Junhyung took the phone and was about to return it to Min until Kikwang quickly interrupted, “Mr. Kim is calling.” Making Junhyung take it back and put it in his jacket.
“But but-"
“No buts Minnie! It’s summer!” Hyunseung cut her off.
“Yup and you have nothing to worry about! Your schedule is cleared for the next two weeks.” Dongwoon said.
“And we told Mrs. Kim already.” Yoseob added.
“So come on! We got a plane to catch!” Doojoon dragged everyone to go
 
“Wait, I think I forgot my-” 
“All here, Minnie.” Junhyung handed her a golden envelope with all her passports and stuff she needs for traveling. 
 
 
 
 
 

I’m sorry, but the person you are trying to reach is unavailable right now,  please tr- 

Mr. Kim turned his phone off. His secretary came in, “Sir, we just received a message from Mr. Lee’s son. He and his friends are taking Miss Min to a two week trip.”
 
Mr. Kim scoffed, “How irresponsible of her.”
“They also cleared Miss Min’s schedule for the next two weeks.”
Mr. Kim smiled, “Okay, you may leave now.”
“Yes sir.”
 
Mr. Kim dialed a number on his phone and walked to the window, looking out to the other buildings
“Sujung? Hey baby, how about you and Eunji come over for two weeks?… Yeah that troublesome girl is going on a two week trip… Yura? She won’t say anything.” He saw a plane flying in the sky, “Don’t worry about it… Okay, bye honey."

 

 
 
 
 
Author’s note: WOOHOO!!! I’m trying to update more lol!!!! guys omg Kim Tae woo is sooo evil!!!! Just saying, everyone else besides Min, BEAST, Hara, and Hyuna are ALL OC’s unless I state any different, like guest cameos like 2pm Jun. K from the previous chapter.
 
Whoa! Sujung and Eunji are coming to THEIR HOUSE!!!! AWK! So… reflection time:
Isn’t Min’s Umma (aka Yura) only away for five days?…. O.O
Why did BEAST surprise Min at her grandparents’ place?
And how did Junhyung know where to find the golden envelope?