One Step

Truly Valuable

TV Ch 20

 

A/N: After almost 2 years, I have come to finish this story once and for all omg… rereading ch 1-19 was CRINGEY LOL

i understand some have lost interest and or given up on reading this due to various reasons, I completely understand and respect that. I want to thank everyone for giving this story a chance and reading it. Thank you to those who still read this (if there are any lol).

I’ve always planned to finish my stories because they deserve to be finished

 

Previously: 

Summary of ch 1-19

  • for the sake of easy reading, the 6 of them are going to be referred as BEAST since this was written for and about them when they were BEAST
    • Kim Min Young’s grandparents decide to set up their favorite granddaughter an opportunity to meet and make true friends from their friends’ grandchildren, aka BEAST members
    • Min and BEAST, daughter and sons of rich-company-owning-families, meet and befriend each other; each of the members (aside from Hyunseung) slowly develop feelings for Min
    • Junhyung and Hyunseung get over their breakup and cheating problems with Hara and Hyuna respectively
    • Kikwang confesses to Min and is expecting an answer; things get heated up with Yoseob due to jealousy
    • Min’s mom suddenly passes away after getting hit by a drunk driver 
    • With the help of private investigator Baekho, Min discovers her neglective father’s affair and his “other family”
    • Min finds out that Eunji, Kikwang’s old neighbor and first love, was the DUI driver that killed her mom, but their father covered everything up
    • Min gets sick, tries to return a confession to Kikwang but fails after seeing Eunji come out of his house
    • All of BEAST knows about the big cover up; after 3 days of isolation, Min finds her motivation and ambition to officially start her mission to take over the company 
    • Min’s dad decides to marry his lover right away and move in his “other” family, but Min makes a deal with her dad; she won’t expose his big secret affair as long as he waits a year and a half to remarry

 

Slap!

 

Min smiled, pulling her face back to face her father’s lover, Sujung. “Is that it?”

 

What kind of reaction is that? Sujung was shocked by the tiny girl that she didn’t realize she had walked past her into her room. “Hey you can’t just walk into my room like tha-”

 

“Your room? Are these not all my mother’s?” She asked, referring to everything in the room. 

 

“There’s no need to bring up a dead person.” 

 

“Might I need to remind you whose fault that is?” Min stared her down.

 

Sujung slapped on an innocent look, “I don’t know what you’re talking about.” 

 

“Okay.” Min said so she could continue on packing her mother’s things. Things to keep and things to donate. She had cleared a good portion of everything yesterday. Today’s stuff was almost taken care of until Sujung had to come in and interfere with everything. “What did I expect? I mean, Father was never a good listener.” She mumbled. “Two days! He couldn’t give me just two days!” She mumbled again.

 

Shatter!

 

“Oh whoops! Clumsy me! My hand slipped.” Sujung covered in shock. Oh, so shocking.

 

Min looked to see a broken snow globe on the floor. It was a christmas present she had gotten for her mom when she was a little girl. She internally sighed. Don’t lose it, Min. You know it’s just what she wants. You have more important things to worry about.

 

“Look, just let me clean this up in peace so I can get out of your way.” Min said sealing up her box. “In the meantime, maybe you can find something else to do and try not to hurt yourself in the process. You’re a grown- woman.” 

 

Humiliated and enraged, Sujung stormed off. “Finally.” Min finished up pretty soon and moved everything back to her grandparents’. 

 

===

 

NEWS: Kim Min Young Takes Her late Mother’s Maiden Name!!!

 

“Woah! Minnie, did you really change your surname to Lee?” Dongwoon asked.

 

“Yup.” She said proudly.

 

“Lee Minyoung! Sounds so natural!” 

 

“Thanks Woonie! It’s one step towards my big plan to take over the company.” 

 

Yoseob walked in their lounge, “And your grandparents are cool with that right?”

 

“Yeah. BIG (company name) is going to be under names Kim and Lee if things go according to plan. They’ve been thinking about changing it anyway since mom and her family are in good terms with the Kim family. Well, except for my old man.”

 

“We’re here for you Min.” Kikwang said, putting a hand on her shoulder.

 

She smiled, “Thanks.” 

 

=== 

 

In a span of one year…

 

NEWS: 

 

BIG’s Lee Min Young makes big donations to….

 

Increases sales of BIG co. goes up 10%…

 

BIG expands their corps….

 

Min made small steps that increased her value and improved her position in the company. The elders in the committee has noticed this. Meanwhile, Taewoo contributes no improvements to the company. He’s seen to have given the company committee conflicts due to his attitude or his stubbornness of advancing decisions that didn’t please him. He didn’t like change.

 

While slowly ascending to take her father’s position in the company was her plan, Min also put her friendship with BEAST to good use as they teamed up as business partners. It was both exciting to work with her friends and beneficial to everybody. It was successful.

 

NEWS:

 

Lee Min Young join hands with the Yoon, Yong, Yang, Jang, Lee, and Son team of LIGHT productions…

 

LIGHT products sold out…

 

Top sales of the year: LIGHT…

 

===

 

“Doojoon Oppa! Can I crash your place tonight? I got some stuff you might want to go over.” 

 

“Can you crash my place every night?” He flirtatiously asked. Min rolled her eyes, climbing into the passenger seat of his car. They headed to his place to finish some work left.

 

(A/N: This entire DJxMIn scene was written sometime in 2015-16 ish i think and i didn’t want to trash it so I’m just gonna insert this here)

 

Doojoon walked down the stairs, wearing a fresh pair of comfortable clothes and holding a towel to dry his wet hair. As he came down, he heard what seemed like giggling from the living room. He went behind the couch, where Min lied on her side while watching TV. After the giggle, Min squealed. What the? He looked to the screen and saw a couple staring lovingly into each other’s eyes. While the guy pulled the girl in for a passionate kiss, he could see Min cover with her hands. Doojoon silently snickered and walked around the couch.

 

“Minnie, I didn’t know you were into those kind of stuff.” He stood near her, still staring at the screen.

Min sat up and looked at Doojoon with pleading eyes, “No! Of course not!” 

 

Doojoon faced her, kept himself from chuckling and continued his act, “Are you sure?” In a matter of seconds, he was already on the couch, straddling her. As he leaned towards her, Min instinctively leaned back in defense. He eventually stopped when Min supported herself on her forearms. “D-Doojoon?”

 

Doojoon didn’t know why but he didn’t want to stop. He had this urge to lean in even more, even closer. He couldn’t help but admire her face. So round, so sweet, so pure, so angelic. Her eyes, especially, he could never figure out what she was thinking. His eyes traveled down to her soft and plump lips, something that never went unnoticed to Doojoon, ever. It didn’t help that she was pouting the entire time. Before he knew it, he leaned in even closer and had Min lying down on the couch, trapped between both his arms.

 

She could feel how close Doojoon was to her. It was too close. She felt the heat, or specifically his heat, his warmth and it definitely didn’t help that he just came out of the shower.

 

Min was sure she was blushing. Unconsciously, she placed her hands between them, partly to stop him from getting any closer and partly because she didn’t want him to hear how fast her heart was beating. She looked away, trying to avoid his stare at her because honestly, his gaze gave her the butterflies. Doojoon smiled, “Minnie, you’re too cute.” He gave her a quick peck on her right cheek and ruffled her hair.

 

Min lightly pushed him away, “Yah! Don’t tease me like that!” Embarrassed, she held onto the spot where Doojoon had kissed her and quickly got up to leave, but Doojoon was quick on his feet.

 

 

What was that? He said I was "Cute?” Min mumbled. I don’t want to be cute. 

 

Doojoon took her hand from behind, “Min, wait.”

 

“What?” Min didn’t expect herself to sound so annoyed, but apparently, that’s how she felt right now.

 

“Are you mad at me?” Min looked down, not saying a word, “Minnie, don’t be mad. I was just playing with you.” Playing with you? How was that supposed to make her feel better? She looks even sadder! “I mean I-“

 

“It’s okay, I get it.” Of course Min, what were you thinking? He was just ‘playing’ with you. 

 

Afraid that she was going to leave, Doojoon just spit out what was on his mind, “No, you don’t get it. I didn’t mean it like that. I was just trying to get you to talk to me. Trying to get you to tell me why you’re acting this way. This isn’t how other girls would react! When you're like this, I talk like an idiot!”

 

“I’m not like other girls.”

 

“See? Idiot.” He said, referring to himself. He would never compare her to other girls, simply because she was incomparable. The fear of making Min mad or sad, was just making him falter with his words. “Tell me, please.”

 

“I don’t know. I just got all worked up because you said I was cute.”

 

“What?” Isn’t cute a good thing?

 

“I don’t know. You were just so close to me and staring at me and… and…”

 

“And?”

 

“And…” and I thought you were going to kiss me, "then you called me cute!”

 

“What? I always call you cute.”

 

“It’s because you always call me cute.” She sighed. It suddenly hit Doojoon. She doesn’t want to be just cute.

 

Doojoon softened his gaze on her and brought her hand that still covered her cheek to her other one and held them together, “I’m sorry. You really are cute though.” Min looked away but he got her attention soon after. “Not just cute, but you’re pretty, charming, gorgeous, stunning, bubbly, amazin-" Doojoon stopped when Min smiled brightly and giggled a little.

 

“Don’t ever scare me like that.” 

 

“Scare you? I scared you?” Doojoon asked as he followed Min and sat back down on the couch.

 

“Never mind.” Min grabbed his towel next to her and tossed it to him, “Just dry your hair.” 

 

“If I scared Minnie, I should be punished.” Doojoon nodded to himself, “Is catching a cold a good punishment?”

 

“Dry your hair,” Min said again, but firmer.

 

“Fine.” He put the towel on his head, but didn’t do anything with it.

 

Min sighed, “So lazy!” Out of nowhere, she tackled him and began drying his hair like a maniac.

 

Doojoon laughed, “Told you! So cute!”

 

“Yeah yeah.”

 

-

 

“Min?” Doojoon looked over to the tiny girl fast asleep on the other side of the couch. He smiled, got up and carefully carried her upstairs to the guest bedroom and gently put her in bed. He sat himself next to her and tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear, smiling at her innocent sleeping face. “Minnie, you’re beautiful.” He whispered. 

 

He leaned down and was only inches away from her face, already feeling the crazy feeling he felt earlier. Closing their gap, he gave her a soft kiss on her sweet lips, careful not to wake her. “Sweet dreams, my angel.” 

 

===

 

After his big breakup with Hyuna, Hyunseung actually found himself living quite happily. Min had took him out for coffee from time to time after the breakup and comforted him with warm words. They frequently visited a small cafe in which Min knew the girl who worked there. Her name was Sunmi and Hyunseung had since liked her. He planned to pursue her soon. Little did he know, the feelings were mutual.

 

===

 

With still half a year left within the deal he made with his daughter, Taewoo gave in to Sujung and Eunji pressuring him to the marriage. He could finally make it official, however, the marriage was to be made secretly so that Min wouldn’t know and that she wouldn’t expose him in the aftermath. There was an entire wedding planned. 

 

Taewoo wanted to keep it as a small wedding with just a few close friends, but Sujung and Eunji loved being extra. Everything had to be extravagant. Thus, the small wedding turned into a big one. More friends and family were invited. The wedding was moved to Europe, so Min would’ve thought he was on an overseas trip.

 

“Do you, Ryu Sujung, take Kim Taewoo, as your lawfully wedded husband?”

 

“I do.”

 

“Do you, Kim Taewoo, take Ryu Sujung, as your lawfully wedded wife?”

 

Just then, the doors opened. Min in her fancy dress walked nonchalantly to an empty seat near the back pews, looking amusingly at her father. Some looked at the girl as they whispered about her. 

 

“Isn’t that Lee Minyoung?”

“Isn’t that Taewoo's daughter?”

“Why is she so late?”

“She looked like she was crashing this place.”

 

Taewoo saw this, so did Sujung and Eunji. But Sujung had waited for this for so long. She shook her lover’s hands to revert his attention on her.

 

“Today is supposed to be about us. We can deal with her later. How long have we waited for this?” 

 

Taewoo nodded, “I do.”

 

The audience applauded and started the after wedding celebrations. The official couple and daughter were excused in a separate room to talk about what had just happened.

 

“What was she doing here!?”

“How did she know about today!?”

 

“Thanks for not inviting me; it made crashing it so much more fun. But I gotta say, the cake was good.” Min interrupted them, leaning on the doorframe before walking to her father.

 

“You couldn’t even wait another half year.” Min said, disappointed. “We had a deal.” 

 

“It’s just six months.” 

 

“You’re right, it’s just six months. No biggie, yeah?” 

 

“Right.”

 

“Then you could’ve just waited old man. Or did you forget our deal?” 

 

Taewoo didn’t know what to say; he didn’t forget. At the same time, he hated being bossed around by his daughter. Not to mention, things at the company were looking to her favor.

 

“Since you broke the deal, be ready. I’m going to expose you.” Min declared. Sujung and Eunji glared daggers at her, but stopped when BEAST came in the room to back her up.  

 

Not seeing the new visitors, her father raised his hand. Before it got anywhere near Min’s face, Doojoon had stopped him. “You’re a terrible father.” 

 

===

 

NEWS: BIG’s Kim Taewoo EXPOSED!!! An Affair?! Another daughter?!

 

After Taewoo's affair was exposed. His reputation was ruined. Everything went downhill from there. He was losing his hold on the company. He was losing his shares. He was losing power. The committee had voted Min as the new CEO.

 

NEWS: Lee Min Young elected as BIG’s CEO after Kim Taewoo's incompetence!

 

===

 

Min had achieved her goal in taking over the company. Her grandparents and friends were really proud of her. Taewoo, Sujung, and Eunji had to move to America where no now really knew them or their reputation. With his poor reputation and poor position in the company, it was their best option to move overseas and work there.

 

BEAST remained great friends with Min, although Junhyung, Yoseob, and Kikwang still harbored feelings for her. Hyunseung started a healthy relationship with Sunmi. Even with the consent of Min, Kikwang severed ties with Eunji.

 

===

 

Putting a bouquet of flowers in front of her mom’s grave, Min smiled. It was a sunny day. She could feel the warmth of the sun on her skin. It felt like her mom was sharing her warmth to her.

 

I’m proud of you, my beautiful daughter.

 

“Thank you Umma.”

 

Doojoon looked to his side, admiring her beautiful smile. “I know this isn’t really the best place to say this, but I really like you Minnie. Yo-”

 

Suddenly Doojoon was pulled down and their lips crashed together. Upon realizing what was happening, he smiled and deepened their kiss. 

 

When they had finally separated, Min looked down, blushing hard. “Me too Oppa. I like you too. Since I first met you, you were always there for me. And no matter what hardships I was facing, you never gave up on me even though I had given up on myself. You kept me up with your positivity and guided me on the right path with your leadership. So thank you.” 

 

Doojoon grinned, pulling her body into his own. He chuckled, kissing her head. The two walked off hand in hand. 

 

Everything felt right once you see what was truly valuable.

 

 

END

 

A/N: Helloo my peeps! That’s a wrap to my first fanfic ever! Sorry I was 2 year late lol, but better late than never! I just wanted to finish this rather than leaving it unfinished forever! (I actually had the important events planned out already, I just didn’t know how to transition so that’s why it seemed summarized etc.)

 

Thank you to all my readers! You all are Truly Valuable!!! I really appreciate it and hope that you enjoyed reading this! Wishing you all good days and happiness!!!

 

FUN FACT: How Min ended up with DJ —>  I absolutely had no idea who to make Min end up with in the beginning, but a while back, I had a dream and a good friend of mine just gave me the answer. So a big thanks to my good friend <3 <3 <3

 

ydj

DJ celebrating like "WOOOOOOO! I GOT THE GIRL!!!!" 

 

sometimesiwonderwhy

Ok, thanks BEAST and thanks Min!!! Thank you readers!!!

Image result for miss a min gif

K byeeee my beautiful peeps!!!