When Realization Hits

Truly Valuable

“…making 2 million dollars in profit.” the youngest person in the room concluded, followed by a big round of applause from the businessmen in the big office. Shortly after, the meeting ended and everyone started to leave, including Min with Yoseob by her side.

“Wow, that was brilliant.” he complimented as they entered the elevator and headed down to the 35th floor.

“Thanks. It took 3 months of brain torture but I think my plan might actually work.” Min said with a proud smile on her face. Yoseob smiled as well and slung his arm around her shoulder, “Trust me, it will.”  

“How you know?”

Looking into her eyes, the baby faced boy answered truthfully, “Because I believe in you.” causing Min to look shyly look down, “Thanks, you don’t know how much that means to me.” Yoseob chuckled at her comment, but it was true. He didn’t know how much it meant to her because it meant a lot. Struggling with both school and work, Min was always afraid she could never be good enough to prove herself to her dad because he had never gave her any words of encouragement nor compliment on her work and skills. If it wasn’t for her mom, Min would’ve probably gave up on everything before even trying.

 

The ding from the elevator signaled their arrival to their destined floor and the pair went to their lounge. Yoseob went in the kitchen while Min headed for the couch. “So Minnie, I think this deserves a celebration! Dinner, you and me! My treat.” 

“Celebration? For what?” She grabbed her duffle bag and opened it, trying to find some things. Yoseob came out, drinking from a water bottle in his hand, “For your successful presentation, duh!?” He said obviously. 

 

“We don’t even know if they’ll accept it yet.” She blankly responded as she took out some clothes from her bag. Yoseob pouted, “I guess Minnie is going to make oppa eat alone tonight,” fake fainting on the couch from sadness.

 

Min laughed the way he referred himself as “oppa.” Walking to his “fainted” form, she poked his cheek. Getting no response, she decided to play with him. She faked a sigh, “Seems like Seobie can’t make it to dinner tonight. Such a shame, just when I was about to go too.” In a flash, Yoseob opened his eyes and sat up on the couch, “No look! I’m fine! See?” He said as he made himself look strong and healthy. She grinned in response and decided to leave the pouting baby on the couch. “Wait Minnie! Is that a yes?” he asked as he grabbed her hand to stop her from leaving.

 

“Yeah you babo, now let me go to the bathroom to change my clothes.” Yoseob happily obliged and let the girl go. Within minutes, Min was out and Yoseob watched her as she packed her stuff in her bag. “Should oppa come pick you up later?”

 

Inner Min laughed at his choice of words today. “No need. You might be busy so I’ll just meet you there. Just text me where and when.” she answered as she walked to the door. Yoseob followed her close behind but stopped after the she abruptly stopped before the door. Turning around, Min noticed his disheartened expression that he tried to hide. She finally caught on and decided to give him what he wanted. “Well, if you’re not busy…”

 

“I’m not.” he said all too quickly. 

 

“Then... oppa can give me a call and pick me up.” 

 

“I’m sorry, what did you say?” Yoseob leaned a little closer to her to hear her better. Min rolled her eyes because he had obviously heard her, but hey, who would want to wipe that big smile off his face? “I’ll see you tonight, oppa!” With that, she left, leaving a very speechless Yoseob in the room. 

 

 


 

Min entered the restaurant and found her mom at a table. "Umma! I missed you so much!" She greeted as she ran to give her a big hug, later taking a seat next to her. 

 

"I missed you too sweetie!” It was the first time they've seen each other since the two week trip with the boys. So they had some catching up to do. "How was the trip?"

 

"Umma it was so much fun! I wished you were there! It was so beautiful! And the weather there was so nice!" The girl exclaimed. There was just so much excitement in her eyes. They lit up even more when the food her umma ordered came. 

 

"Heol... Looks like someone enjoyed it." 

 

Min sighed with happiness, "I did. The oppas brought me everywhere! They're really the best,” she stated and internally chuckled at the word she used, reminding her of a certain someone she was going to see tonight.

 

Yura smiled at her daughter's happy state, "Well, I guess we don't need the get-together anymore."

 

"The get-together?... Oh yeah! The one halmeoni and halbeoji planned!" She had almost forgot about it because it felt like it was so long ago. Technically, there was no need for the get-together anymore because she and the boys were practically friends since they met. It felt like Min had known them since she was a kid, besides the fact that she didn't, but that didn't really matter. Their bond was just so close and tight, it was hard for Min to look back at her past when she had all those fake friends. "So, when is it?” 

 

"I don't know, they said it'll come to you." Yura said, referring to her grandparents.

 

"Oh okay." Although her grandparents travel very often, they would always come back home after around two weeks, but this time they were going to be gone for a year, so Min really missed her grandparents. If it weren't for the new friends she had made, she would've felt very lonely because Umma couldn't always be there for her and Appa wasn't even an option. After a short silence, Min spoke quietly as she focused on poking her food, "Umma, you're not going to leave me right?" 

 

Yura looked at her daughter with a confused face, obviously befuddled by her sudden question and the fact that she even thought that. "Honey, where is this coming from? You know I'll never leave you."

 

Min sighed, feeling her mom's disappointment for thinking such thoughts, "Yeah I know. I'm sorry, but it's just that Halmeoni and Halbeoji won't be back until next year. And you know, they won't be with us forever so, I only have you and Appa." 

 

It was shocking to see her carefree and untroubled daughter to think about these things, but Yura finally understood what she meant. If she nor her parent-in-laws are there, then Min will have to face her dad alone. She knows that her father doesn’t see her as a daughter, but she never gave up the hope that he would change, though she knew it was highly unlikely. 

 

She’s scared. Yura smiled. She was proud of her daughter for wanting to protect herself, to save herself from her dad. Who knows what that two-timing-jerk-of-a-father would do to Min. Yura did not want to know, but one thing she knew for sure was that she would always protect her precious daughter. She took Min's hand and patted it assuringly, "Baby, you have no reason to be scared. You do what you want to do, as long as you're happy, okay? Don’t let anyone, and I mean anyone, stop you from being yourself and being what you want to be. And I'm just going to ignore your question you asked at first because I will never leave you."

 

Min looked at her hopefully, "You promise?"

 

"I promise." With just two words, Yura put all of Min's worries away. 

 

 


 

 

“Would you stop that? You’re messing up my game.”

“Stop what?”

Hyunseung huffed, “Stop shaking your leg. I need to concentrate.”

“On what? Just roll the dice!” 

Ignoring Kikwang, Hyunseung took the three dices and cupped them in his hands, and rolled them after giving them a good shake. He moved his thimble fifteen spaces, “Yes! Another $200 for passing home!”

Letting out a big huff, Kikwang picked up the dices, “My turn.” Moving his battleship to the spaces he rolled, he sighed. With a look of defeat, he handed $500 to the laughing Hyunseung, who looked like he was having the time of his life. 

“Man, I'm so bored.”

“Of losing?” Hyunseung suggested, cracking up at his own joke, but when he noticed his friend pulling out his phone, “Yah, we’re in the middle of a game. Who could be so important for you to interrupt our game?”

“Minnie.”

The older one scoffed, “You’re lucky. If it was anyone else, I would’ve thrown your phone out the window.” 

“Hyung, it’s only monopoly.” Kikwang stated.  

“Yes but I’m winning.” Noticing the smile Kikwang had on when he was texting, Hyunseung’s interest shifted, “So…what is your relationship with Minnie anyways?”

“What?” By the way his head snapped up, Kikwang was clearly taken aback by the question.

Hyunseung grinned, looking like a predator who had just cornered his prey, “You like her don’t you?” 

There was a long silence before Kikwang finally answered his question. “Of course I do. She’s amazing.”

Not falling for his answer, the predator pushed his question further, “No no no, that’s not what I meant. I like Min too, but you like like her huh?" 

Kikwang quickly put his phone away, quickly scanning the monopoly board, “H-hey, isn’t it your turn to roll the dice?” 

Hyunseung smirked, “The change in subject makes that a yes!” 

“No it does-"

“Denial!” The older one jumped up from his seat and pointed at his friend, “Oh. My. God.” Kikwang blinked in confusion. “What?”

“Seems like someone got over his first love! Good for you little Kiki!” Hyunseung exclaimed as he playfully attacked him.

“Quit it Hyung!” In a matter of seconds, Hyunseung stopped messing around and took his seat. The 4D dork sat in a thinking position and rubbed his chin with his thinking fingers. “Kikwang… I think you should make a move.” 

“Huh!?” 

“Think about it! A girl like Minnie can’t stay single for long. She’s charming and adorable! There's gonna be a lot of competition in the future, especially when we start school. By the rate you’re going…you’re not going anywhere.”  

“Hyung, what if I don’t want to go anywhere?” Kikwang said.

Hyunseung scoffed, “Oh please, of course you do, friend zone freak.” 

“Wh-“

“Stop denying it! Do you even realize how much you compliment her?” Clearing his throat, Hyunseung began, “Oh I think Min is so pretty. She’s amazing. She’s the dancing queen!” imitating left and right.

“I do not sound like that!” Kikwang looked offended, but his eyebrows knit together as he realized that Hyunseung was right. He said those things quite often and he always liked being with her. She’d always made him all excited and happy, but the real question wasn’t if he liked her. He obviously liked Min, but what he also knew for sure was that he wasn’t really over her. His first love. He had no doubt that he still had feelings for her because he still thinks about her everyday, but Min played a huge role of taking the pain away. Hyunseung looked at his focused dongsang and grinned, “What are you waiting for!? Go call her!!!”  

 


 

“Oh man I’m so full, but the food was delicious.” Min praised as she and Yoseob exited the restaurant. He smiled, but it slowly faded as he saw her rub her hands together. He noticed she was only wearing a white flower patterned top that exposed a faint view of her black crop top underneath, with a pair of white shorts to match. She looked lovely. It was pretty hot earlier in the day, so he didn’t blame her for wearing what she was wearing, but the night air was getting chilly now. Fortunately, he had decided to wear a thin yellow sweater with black shorts. “Soooo… do you wanna take a strol-woah! Where we going?” Min asked when Yoseob quickly grabbed her hand and pulled her down the street to his car. “Oh.” 

 

She watched him open the door to the drivers side, thinking they were leaving, she headed to the other side, but a hand stopped her from going anywhere. With his left hand holding her hand, he half went into his car to retrieve something with his right hand. Min waited and when Yoseob came out, she saw a big smile on his face. “Here.” He put his varsity jacket over her and helped her with the sleeves. She extended her arms only to see that his jacket was a little too big on her, but she felt warm in it. He zipped it up for her and his eyes landed on her big ones. She gave him his favorite sweet smile, “Thanks.” 

 

Yoseob grinned, “Now we can take that stroll.” He closed his door and locked it, “Let’s go.” 

 


 

“So yeah,” Doojoon took a sip of his tea and looked over to his friend who was busy staring at someone behind him, “I think I’m gonna get married soon.” He finished, trying to get the attention of the younger.

“Uh-huh. That’s great man.” Junhyung eyes focused on Doojoon now, “…Wait, what? Did you say you’re gonna get married soon!!!?” 

“Aisshhhh! Have you not been listening to what I’ve been saying all this time?” The older man’s eyes seem to bulge out as his hands slowly inched forward his inattentive friend’s neck. Junhyung casually pushed Doojoon’s hands away as he tried to calm him down. “I was. You were talking about your sister and her boyfriend.”  

 

At least he was paying attention in the beginning. Doojoon huffed, “Yeah, and he asked me for my approval to marry noona.”

“Wow, what did you say?” Juhyung asked, suddenly interested. 

“I told him to give me a week to think about it.” Doojoon sighed, “He even got Appa and Umma to approve. It’s just me now.” He didn’t know if he liked her boyfriend or not. He was okay, but sometimes a little too awkward and maybe a little fishy. “I just need to know that he’s the one for her, y’know? The one who won’t ever break her heart or hurt her in any way and would always be by her side to protect her and make her happy." He groaned, “How am I supposed to do that?"

 

“Just test him.” Junhyung suggested, “Try seducing him with a girl and if he doesn’t hit on her, then you’ll know he’s faithful to your sister.” 

Doojoon thought about this and gave it some thought, rubbing his chin, “That’s a good idea…but who do I send?” 

A certain mutual female friend popped up in their minds, but no one said anything until Junhyung broke the silence, “Anyone but Min.” he said seriously. His older friend scoffed, “Are you kidding me? I’m not letting Min anywhere near that guy.” 

“Good.” Junhyung said as his eyes wandered off again, looking behind his friend.

“Yeah.” Doojoon noticed his friend looking off again. He was staring at someone behind him, probably that same someone that distracted him from listening at first. “Dude, what are you looking at?” 

Junhyung spoke quietly, “I think some guy is stalking us.” He looked at his hyung, “Don’t turn around.” 

“Well obviously,” Doojoon rolled his eyes, “At least tell me how he looks like.” 

“Young. Blonde. Stern eyes. Black jacket. Black leather glove. Well built.” 

“Wow. This kid sounds like some sort of gangster.” Doojoon grinned, “Be right back, gotta go to the bathroom.” 

Junhyung watched Doojoon walk away and noticed that kid smile at his friend when they made “accidental" eye contact. The blonde then turned back, eating his food, occasionally glancing towards Junhyung’s direction. Creeped out, Junhyung pulled out his phone. In the middle of texting Doojoon to come back, he received a text.

 

DJ - dude, he smiled at me! (*horrified emoji*)

JH - ik i saw. hurry up and come back, this guy is making me uncomfortable 

DJ- wait… hold up

 

Junhyung was about to scold him through his next text until he received a picture from Doojoon. It was an image from where Doojoon was standing. He was somewhere behind the young man, but he could see Junhyung pretty clearly. Junhyung was confused. Why did he send this picture when all he could see was himself and the back of the kid’s head. 

 

JH - u didn’t get his face…?

DJ - look closely (*magnify glass emoji*)

 

Junhyung looked again. There was nothing to look at when it was just the back of that kid’s head. Junhyung himself was practically the center of the picture, so he zoomed in on himself, trying to find whatever Doojoon wanted him to look at. Seconds later, he saw a very familiar someone in the background. It was Hara, sitting alone a little further behind their table, seated in one of those separate booths and had a pink transparent curtain around them for show. She was all the way against the wall, and just a little elevated from the floor. From where the stalker sat, he had a perfect angle to spy on her. Doojoon and Junhuyng so happened to be in the same angle.

 

JH - he’s stalking hara?

DJ - idk 

 

Following the text, Doojoon appeared next to Junhyung, but not long after, they saw the stalker boy get up and leave after paying for his meal. “So is he stalking us or my ex?” 

“I’m not sure.” Doojoon shrugged as they both shared the same idea and turned to glance at Hara, surprised to see someone with her. They both turned back, “I thought she was alone.” Junhyung said.

“Apparently not… Hey wait, doesn’t her friend look familiar though?” Doojoon asked, trying really hard to remember who she was. 

Junhyung sneaked a peak at her friend. She really did look familiar, but he couldn’t quite put his finger on it. The thought of Hara spotting them pulled him out of his thoughts, “Let’s just go before Hara sees us and drama happens.”  

 


 

Yoseob parked his car out in front of Min's house. "Thanks for the ride." She started to his jacket but Yoseob stopped her before she could halfway, "Keep it, it looks good on you." 

"But-"

"Keep it Min." He told her, giving her a "listen to Oppa" look. By the look of it, Yoseob wasn’t going to let it go

"Okay, thanks." She smiled and unbuckled her seat belt, "I'll see you tomorrow." 

"Goodnight Minnie." He said as he watched her leave his car, give him a wave and go inside her house, before he drove away.

 

That night, Kikwang decided to make his relationship with Min further than friends. He hung out with her more, more than the others did, and would always try to impress her and make her laugh. He complimented her more often, giving subtle hints of his interest. This did not go unnoticed to the others, especially when Kikwang invited Min to go to his dance performance coming soon. 

 


A/N: So idk y but i just gotta clarify how they look like lol. cuz of their hair color or something idk

YEY YEY YEY YEY HERE'S OUR BEAST!!!

OMG EVEN THEIR SUITS MATCH THE STORY (except Hyunseung cus he's not wearing anything underneath that blazer lol) 

BTW, they'll always b OT6 to me, so OT6 for the story as well. I wish both Hyunseung and beast the best. I just really luv their music <3

and our Minnie BABY BABY BABY ;)

SHE'S AN ANGEL OMG "ONLY YOU" MIN ONLY YOU!!!!!

... and for our stalker.... *drum roll please*

haha sorry can't tell you just yet, but u can try guessing XD

 

THANK YOU TO ALL MY UPVOTERS, SUBBIES, AND COMMENTERS!!! I LOVE U ALL <3 

sorry for the slow update guys :(((

if it makes u feel any better, im working on the next one lol