What????

Truly Valuable

Min and the guys instantly became friends after Dongwoon's birthday. They got to know each other even more because a lot had happened during the next two weeks. They hung out, watched movies, and occasionally met up for some business meetings. Everything was going fine, Hara even called back to apologize. 



"Aren't you going to get that?" Doojoon said, looking over at the buzzing phone, making Junhyung look over at the caller ID. Picking up the phone, he walked outside of their game room, "What do you want?"

"Junhyung, why haven't you been picking up my calls? I've been trying to reach you all week."
"If you have nothing good to say, then-" 
"W-Wait, look, I'm ready to apologize." He could hear her sigh through the phone, "I'm outside the building right now. Meet me in front of the elevator at the main entrance." She hung up before he got a chance to reply. Junhyung silently groaned as he went back in to grab his things and when out of the room.

"What's got him so grumpy?" Kikwang asked as he stood next to the pool table, waiting for Hyunseung.
"Who else?" Hyunseung said and hit the ball with his stick. 

 
Yes, everyone knew about their break up. Sometime after Dongwoon’s birthday, Junhyung eventually told the rest of them about that little incident at the airport including their “accidental” kiss, which made everyone else go mad, for both the kiss and the slap but more for the slap. Fortunately, during that time, Min walked in on them and somehow calmed them down and assured them that it was just a misunderstanding. 

"Man, I'm so bored." Yoseob was lying on the couch. He looked around the room. Doojoon was playing some kind of shooting game, Kikwang and Hyunseung were playing pool, Junhyung went out to who knows where, and Dongwoon was out shopping. Yoseob got up, "I'm going to go out for a walk."
"Okay. Have fun!" Doojoon said, eyes glued to the screen.
“I will." Yoseob grinned and went out the door.
 
 

 

 

 
 
As Junhyung got out of the elevator, he could see her nearby. He walked to her and Hara grabbed his hand, dragging him outside. When they finally came to a stop, Hara turned back and looked at him with hurt eyes, "Why have you been avoiding me?"

"Why can't I? From what I recall, you avoided me for the last few weeks. I left you countless voicemails and I know you listened to all of them. You didn't call back, so I went to the airport myself so you couldn't run from me there." Junhyung kept his calm expression.
"W-Well, that was because I needed time to think and sort everythin-"

Junhyung sighed, “I don’t have time for excuses. Just say what you got to say." It seemed like Junhyung had no more patience with her. Wanting to avoid the Junhyung who raised his voice, Hara did as told, "I'm sorry." She started to tear up, "I'm sorry that I always denied my feelings for you even though we broke up already and it was my fault that we broke up. I'm sorry I got jealous and overreacted. I know you've been constantly telling me how much you love me, and I still doubted you. It's my fault, I'm sorry. Honestly, I just want us back together." She looked down at the floor, her voice cracking at her last sentence.
 
Junhyung listened carefully and took a deep breath, "Hara, if it was two weeks ago, I would’ve agreed to it immediately. But now, it’s too late for that. Thank you for apologizing to me, but I'm over it. I wanted you to apologize. Not to me, but to Min." Junhyung didn't hear a response from her, but he knew she heard him, loud and clear.

"Min?" She looked up and her eyebrows knitted together, "You mean that rude girl from the airport last time?"
Junhyung's eyes couldn't help but twitch slightly at her remark, "No, I mean the girl you rudely slapped and accused as a ."

"Why Junhyung? Why!?" 
"Why what?"
"Every time I say something, you always take her side and never mine! Why do you keep defending her? You kissed her! Do you like her? Is she why you don’t want to get back together? Are you purposely trying to make me jealous? Just stop it already cause it's working!" Hara spitted out all at once, angry and sad.

"Do you hear yourself right now? You're the one who's wrong here. I kissed her by accident. You know why? Because I thought it was you. I was going to confront you to get us back together but you know what? I'm glad I kissed her. At least she didn't push me back like how you do.” 
 
Junhyung was surprised at his own words but he couldn’t take it anymore. He used to blame it on himself for their breakup and use all his time trying to get her back, but spending more time with his friends gave him a little more time to think, especially after learning about Hyunseung's case. Hyunseung even pulled him aside to retell what Min had told him. After listening to her positive look on things, Junhyung made up his mind. 
 
“I won’t apologize to her, no matter what you say.” Hara said and left. He’s not even going to go after me? Ugh this is all that stupid girl's fault! Min… why does that name sound so familiar though?
 

                            

 



Ring ring. “Hello?”

“Hyung, you know that ice cream place right next to the coffee shop, down at the mall?”
“Uhhh…”
“You know, the place where you dropped your ice cream and ruined your shirt!?”
“Oh oh oh! Yeah!"
“Meet me there right now!”
“Why? And why are you whispering? I was just about to go find-“
“Min?”
“Yeah.”
“Yeah, well, Min is here. So come down and meet me there! Now!”
“Okay okay.” Yoseob hung up and headed there.
 
“Psst.” Yoseob looked around, not seeing anyone and kept walking. “Psst! Hyung!” Yoseob looked around again, this time noticing a figure behind a nearby plant. He walked to the plant, “What are you doing there Dongwoon? I thought y-“ Before Yoseob got to finish, Dongwoon dragged him beside him, so they’re both hiding behind the plant. “What the-“
“Sorry hyung. Just listen to me first, okay?”
Yoseob sighed and nodded, still very confused.
 
“Okay, so do you remember Minjun hyung?”
“From when we were little?”
“Yeah that one!”
“Okay?” Yoseob didn’t know where this was going.
“I think he might be dating Min!” 
“WHAT!?"
“Shhhhh! Keep it down! Here, just look if you don’t believe me.” Dongwoon pointed towards the tiny cafe in the other direction. “Look.”
 
After a few seconds of searching, his eyes landed on a couple, who were seated just outside the window. “No way.”
“Told you so hyung.”
 
 
 
“Sorry I can’t be there, Minnie.” 
“It’s okay, oppa. I’m just glad I get to see you."
“Here.” Minjun put a little jewelry gift box on the table.  
“What’s this?” 
"An early birthday gift.” Minjun smiled, “Open it.”
 
Min opened the box and took out a braided leather bracelet with a steel plate, connected by a steel clasp. On the steel plate engraved her name in fancy font, between two hearts. 
“What’s with that face? Do you like it that much?” Minjun chuckled. He took it and clasped it onto her wrist. 
“I love it oppa. Thank you.” Min couldn’t stop smiling. They finished their tea and walked back to the elevator that connected the mall and the business building.
 
“Oppa, are you busy? I want you to meet some friends I made.” Min looked hopeful.
“Unfortunately I can't Minnie, I still got some business to take care of.” 
“Oh, okay.” 
“But I’ll see you tonight!” He quickly said at the sight of the change in her expression.
“Really?” Min’s face brightened up.
“Yup. We’re going to dinner!” 
“Just us?”
“No. I’m going to invite some old friends, I want you to meet them before I leave. Be ready by six-thirty!”
“Yes sir!” Min saluted him, gave him a big hug and skipped away.
 
Ding. Minjun stepped out of the elevator, greeted the secretaries and took a turn to the right hall. He opened the door and went in, "Long time no see guys!”
 
At the sound of his voice, Doojoon paused his game and looked back. Hyunseung and Kikwang stopped playing pool and turned their heads. Junhyung, Yoseob, and Dongwoon, who seemed like they were in the middle of some fishy conversation, stopped and did the same as the others. 
 
“Minjun hyung!”
 
They all gathered around, hugged, and said their greetings. When all the bromance settled down, Dongwoon asked out of nowhere, “So hyung, I hear you have a girlfriend now.”
“Yeah, when were you going to tell us?” Yoseob added. Doojoon, Hyunseung, and Kikwang were surprised at their sudden comment. Junhyung kept his gaze on Minjun.
“Woah woah woah what? Where did that come from? I don’t have a girlfriend.” 
Junhyung looked at both Yoseob and Dongwoon, who were now exchanging confused glances.
 
“Anyways, I want you guys to meet someone before I leave. You’re all free tonight right?”
“Yeah.” 
“Okay good. I’ll text you the place later, see you guys tonight.” 
“Hyung, you’re leaving?” 
“Yeah, got to talk to someone.”
“Aww, but why?”
“Yeah, why?”
“Don’t leave hyung!”
“Whiny babies then, whiny babies now. You guys never change.” Minjun joked and left the room.
 
 
“Yah, what were you guys talking about? He doesn’t have a girlfriend.” Junhyung said, as they got back to their conversation while the others continued doing their own thing.
“Apparently not.” Dongwoon said. 
“Then how does he know Min?” Junhyung asked.
Yoseob shrugged, “We can ask him tonight.”
 
 

                            

 
 
“Don’t be nervous, Minnie. They’re really friendly.” Minjun said, fixing her collar. Min looked down at her light pink collar dress and down to her white wedges. 
 
“Don’t worry, you look beautiful.”
Min smiled, “I still don’t know why you don’t have a girlfriend yet.”
He snickered, “Well, when I have such an awesome cousin like you, it’s hard to find a girl that is just as awesome.”
She rolled her eyes, “Let’s go.” They walked out the elevator and entered a fancy restaurant, where the server recognized them immediately and led them to their table. They went it in a secluded room and found the other guests waiting for them.
 
Minjun entered in first, “Hey guys, this is-”
“Min!” They all said at the same time as they saw who came in next to him. Minjun stood there surprised and confused. 
“Hi! What are you guys doing here?” Min was surprised and started to get all happy, all the nervousness leaving her. 
“What are you doing here?” Kikwang asked.
“How do you know Minjun hyung?” Hyunseung asked.
“Yea-"
“Wait wait wait!” Minjun stopped everyone from talking. He looked at Min and back at the guys, “How do you know each other?”
“These are the friends I wanted you to meet!” Min explained as she sat in an empty seat next to Kikwang. Minjun sat next to her, “Oh…”
“Minnie, how do you know Minjun hyung?” Yoseob was really curious about it.
“Minjun oppa is my cousin.” Min stated.
“Oooh that explains.” Dongwoon whispered between Junhyung and Yoseob, both nodding in response.
 
 
Everyone began eating comfortably and talking like how friends would be on a normal day. Buzz Buzz. Min looked at her phone. Caller ID: Appa. Minjun's whole mood changed when he saw the caller. “Gotta take this,” Min smiled and went outside. 
 
“Hyung, what’s up?” Doojoon asked after Min left. Everyone stayed quiet and confused. They didn’t understand why Minjun became so bitter all of a sudden. Minjun interrupted the silence, “When Min comes back, let her leave.”
 
“What?” 
“Just do as I say.” Everyone, who were just about to fire multiple questions at Minjun, fell silent when Min came back.
 
Min took her bag, “Sorry guys, something just came up. Unfortunately I can’t stay, I got to take care of something right now.”
“Take my car,” Minjun gave her his keys. “Thanks oppa. Bye guys. Enjoy dinner!” Min waved them a goodbye and left.
 
Everyone looked at Minjun, desperate for an explanation. “I’m sure you all met my uncle,”  Minjun said as a matter of fact.
“Yeah. We all did.” Kikwang confirmed.
“What do you think of him?” 
"He’s nice.” Kikwang answered.
 
Minjun nodded, “He’s not though.” Knowing he just made them even more confused, he explained, “Uncle has never treated Min as his daughter or Aunty as his wife. Not even once. All he does is neglect them, unless it’s for public or beneficial reasons. He’s a good uncle, so I never really understood why. That’s why I wanted you to meet Min. But since you all are friends with her, I don’t need to worry anymore.”
“You talk like she doesn’t have any other friends.” Dongwoon said.
“She never actually had a friend. Everyone was too blinded by her family status.” At this remark, everyone understood. They faced the same situation as well, but the only difference was that they had each other.
 
“Did Mr. Kim call Min earlier?” Junhyung asked, wanting to change the subject.
“Yeah, probably because some company wanted to negotiate with him and the only time they could do it was now."
“He called Min to do the task for him.” Kikwang stated, “That’s terrible."
“What’s worse is that he didn’t want to do it himself when he clearly could have, not even caring if Min had plans or not.” 
“Poor Min.” Yoseob said.
“What about Mrs. Kim?” Hyunseung asked.
“The reason why you see Min as such a good kid with a great personality is all because of Aunty and because of Halmoni Kim and Halbeoji Kim. Everyone is like family except uncle."
 
Doojoon’s protective side spoke, “Don’t worry hyung. We’ll take care of her.”
“Thank you.”
 
 
“Oh by the way, you guys do know it’s Min’s birthday soon, right?” Minjun asked.
“WHAT???!!!!"
 
 
 

 

Author’s Note: Sorry I haven’t updated!!! I feel so bad since Min’s bday passed and Doojoon’s bday passed not too long ago too. *cries*
 
How is it so far? Are you feeling the tension? omg if not, then… sigh i failed omg. I’m still not at the juicy parts yet *screams* arghh!!!! and yes!!! Minjun oppa is Jun. K from 2pm!!!! i ship him and Min too lol 
 
Questions to think about:
Why does Hara find Min's name strangely familiar?
Who did Minjun talk to after he met up with BEAST?
What's gonna happen next!!!?????
 
 
I like to thank all my up voters:
WonderfulSayA and 4everhite
 
my subscribers: 
2whitematoki, pantherahami, psycho_d, phytri, ElleJacobs, vitael, nano68, wungcee, Hyu2nie, FinaSJ, 4everhite, reginia, kratay, WonderfulSayA, Skibop, immrsnobody, anis97, ashiyap1, LoveVath, Kpopaddict__, sleeping-angel, Shirass501, sujiyongs, cozette, ColonelKaze, angel_vu_21, missamin8fan, and htetooyan95
 
and my commenters:
psycho_d, vitael, pantherahami, shujun, Hy2nie, wungcee, 4everhite, Skibop, WonderfulSayA, Shirass501, ElleJacobs, ColonelKaze, and Dani_monte
 
Thanks for giving my story a chance and sticking to it! Thanks for all your patience and for all the motivation you guys give me! *blows kisses to all of you*