Should I Hug You or Not?

Truly Valuable

Two weeks before school started was the busiest they’ve ever been. They all agreed to help Seungho propose to Doojoon’s sister. With all  their preparations going on, they still had their own things to do. Junhyung was busy helping Min with her project while Hyunseung, Yoseob, and Kikwang had to practice for their dance routine shown on the first day of school. Doojoon started his early soccer practice to prepare for the coming season. Dongwoon had his work to take care of and some charity events to go to with his parents. 

 

“Where’s Min and Junhyung? They’re supposed to be here! Doori is about to come in five minutes!” Seungho spoke in frustration. He was so nervous, he was slightly shaking, but who could blame him though? The man was about to propose!

 

“Chill Seungho! They’ll be here! Plus, Noona isn’t really an on time person.” Doojoon tried calming him down, mumbling the last part. He also didn’t know why the two haven’t arrived yet, but he knew they wouldn’t just show up late for some random reason. Just then, Dongwoon ran up next to him to give him some good news. 

 

“Hyung! Junhyung hyung and Minnie just arrived. Minnie bought a bouquet just in case Seungho hyung wanted them.” 

 

Seungho gasped, “Oh my god, how did I forget to buy her flowers?” He clapped his hands together and closed his eyes, “Thank you Min!” 

 

Doojoon grinned, “At least you didn’t forget the ring,” he frowned as he saw Seungho widen his eyes, “Did you?” 

 

In a panic, Seungho frantically patted his pockets and released a sigh of relief after feeling a box. “It’s right here! Thank goodness.” 

 

“Dude, calm down.” Doojoon glanced at his phone, “I gotta go. Noona’s gonna be here soon and I gotta check up on everything inside. You can do it. We’ll be there for you man just like we planned. Good luck.” 

 

“Thanks.” As Doojoon jogged away, Seungho took a deep breath and sat in his table for two. The table was directly across the live music stage and a dance floor was right between them. He looked around and saw quite a few people in the restaurant. There wasn’t anyone playing live music. For now.

 

“Seungho honey!” Doori walked toward the table Seungho got up to give her a hug.

“Hey, baby.” Seungho got up to give her a hug and pulled her chair for her to sit down before he sat back into his seat. He felt his jitters go away as he faced the love of his life. The waiter served them their food and in the middle of eating, a man went to the piano and started to play a soothing classical piece. 

 

By the end of the song, they already finished eating. Doori clapped for the pianist, who got up and bowed. “Wow, that was beautiful.” 

 

“Not as beautiful as you, baby.” Seungho smirked and kissed her hand. The pianist left and then a girl walked onto the stage, wearing a white shoulder-less long sleeve crop top with a white skirt. 

 

“Omo! She’s so cute!” Doori giggled, “I think my brother would like her…I wonder what she’s going to perform.” 

 

Seungho just watched the girl on stage do her thing. The girl in white took the mic out the mic-stand and greeted the audience. “Hello everybody, I hope everyone is having a good time here.” Some people yelled out some “yeahs” and some people cheered. “I’m going to sing a song now, and it's for a very special someone out there.” She said as she pointed out to the crowd with a smile on her face. The music started playing and she began to sing.

 

Noel - Proposal (Min version)

[Min]

i told you to wait but i ignore you long time

just wait little...the day will come someday… (Seungho pretends to have a stomachache and excuses himself to the bathroom)

i know what you want to say 

i know how long you wait

but i tell you now

 

You don't have to cry (Hyunseung appears on stage with a red rose)

don't cry and lift your face up and laugh… (He goes down the stairs and hands his rose to a surprised Doori)

 

I will make you smile (Yoseob and Dongwoon appears on stage)

i will give you happiness on beside you forever (They walk down the stairs and hands their roses to Doori)

don't be afraid everything will be alright.

 

thank you for waiting me... my love (Seungho appears on stage with a bouquet of flowers)

(Min removes the mic from the mic stand, sings as she walks to Seungho) 

before i tell you sorry but i want to say this.. (She hands the mic to Seungho)

 

[Seungho]

i want to tell you this (Seungho walks down and gives Doori the bouquet)

but however i couldn't say (gets down on one knee, gets the box from his pocket)

would you marry me? (opens it in front of her)

 

Doori covered in shock and nodded her head. She set the bouquet on the table and pulled Seungho in for a tight hug. “Yes! Yes! Yes!” Seungho pulled her in tight and swung her around. “She said yes!” 

Everyone cheered and a light and fun beat started to play through the speakers. Kikwang, Doojoon, and Junhyung all appeared on stage and began to sing.

 

BEAST - (Kikwang, Doojoon & Junhyung) Should I Hug You or Not? 

[Kikwang]

Standing behind you I keep hesitating (KK comes up behind Min, acts with the song)
Should I just hug you like this or not? Should I hug you or not? (KK was about to hug Min, but DJ grabs Min’s hand and pulls her away from KK)
[Doojoon]
This time I will make sure you will come into my warm embrace 
(DJ walks Min down the stairs, JH and KK walks down behind them)
Should I just hug you like this or not? Should I hug you or not? I keep hesitating again (JH slings an arm around Min’s shoulder and walks over to Seungho and Doori)

[Junhyung]
I am so blessed to have thoughts like this in the first place because I am with a girl like you 
(JH raps to the couple and pats Min’s head)
I might not be able to be with you all the time, but I am happy for this moment 
You are ma lucky star, there are a lot of stars but you are the special one out of there (Seungho lipsyches to Doori, the couple kiss)
I probably can’t explain anything with words, but girl thanks a lot (JH takes Min’s hand)

 

shoo be doo bab

shoo be doo bab (JH spins her around and dances with her)

ba ba baba ba-ba 

 

[Doojoon]
oh oh yeahhh

 

[Junhyung]

shoo be doo bab

shoo be doo bab

ba ba baba ba-ba 

oh uh oh uh stop stop

[Kikwang]
Today, standing in front of you like this 
(KK stands in front of Min)
Should I just hug you like this or not? Should I hug you or not? (pretends like he’s deciding)
[Doojoon]
I will make sure that I show my heart towards you (DJ makes a heart sign to Min)
Should I just hug you like this or not? Should I hug 
you or not? (DJ also pretends like he’s deciding) I will just hug you (DJ was about to hug Min, but KK beat him to it, causing DJ to whack KK away from her)

 

Everyone celebrated and danced as the boys wrapped it up with another song and dance performance, which left Min, the just engaged couple, and everyone else to cheer for them.

 

BEAST - Beautiful

 


 

After a while of boxing, Yoseob and Hyunseung decided to take a break. Yes, Hyunseung doesn’t usually exercise, but it didn’t hurt to try something new. In the midst of drinking water, Yoseob caught a certain someone enter through the doors. “Minnie! Did you come to watch me box?” 

 

“Of course not, she came to see me.” Hyunseung whispered kiddingly, to which made Yoseob send him a glare as Min made her way towards them. 

 

“Hey guys! I was on my way to see Kikwang, thought I stop by and say hi.” The tiny girl adjusted her bag around her bag. She wore a dark blue hoodie with jeans and a pair of light brown booties. With little to no effort, she was still so cute. As always.

 

“Doesn’t Kikwang have some dance thing today?” Hyunseung asked with a strange smile.

 

“Yeah. He said he wanted me to come and watch his performance.” The performance he has been prepping for, for the last two weeks. Of course, everyone knew of this, but Kikwang only invited Min to watch, which threw everyone off. In his defense, Kikwang stated that they didn’t ever go to his other performances anyway, so it wasn’t that unfair. The quiet Yoseob spoke up, “Isn’t that Kikwang’s?” nodding his head to point at the hoodie she was wearing.

 

“Oh yeah. He told me to wear it,” Min began and then air quoted, “so he can spot me in the audience.” Obviously she didn’t believe him because there was no way of spotting her by the dark colored hoodie he gave her. Knowing Min, she would always do what made her friends happy, even though it didn’t make any sense. Hyunseung, who pushed Kikwang into making a move, grinned that his friend was finally doing something. He was pretty sure something was going to happen today. Knowing the performance was going to start soon, Hyunseung wondered why Min stopped by because she wasn't the type of person who wanders off when she has an appointment with someone. “You got lost, huh?” Hyunseung asked.

 

“Yeah.” Min sighed with defeat. Hyunseung chuckled and started to pack his things, “I’ll take you there.” He’s like the best wingman ever, he thought. Kikwang owes him big.

 

“What? No it’s okay, I just wanted directions. I didn’t want to interrupt you guys.” Min spoke quickly. She looked at Yoseob, who was just blankly drinking water now, eyes focused on his water bottle. It kind of seemed like he didn’t want to look at her. One of the things she always liked about Yoseob was his cheerfulness, but she didn’t feel any of it ever since she came. Saddened by the thought she had made him mad, she worried that he might get more mad about his boxing partner is ditching him, so Min protested, “I don’t think that’s necessary."

 

“It’s okay. I'm sure Yoseob's fine with it. I was slowing him down anyways." Hyunseung was all set, now looking at Yoseob. 

 

“Go on ahead.” Yoseob said, looking away while wiping the sweat off his face with a towel, not sparing them a glance as he turned around, his back facing his friends. He heard the door close after Hyunseung thanked him, leaving him all alone. Or so he thought. 

 

“Seobbie?” His body tensed upon hearing her beautiful voice. Why was she still here? She's got her directions already, didn’t she?

Min became more nervous when he didn’t turn around. She really had no idea why he was so mad at her. Trying to loosen up the tension, she spoke up again, “Oppa?” 

 

How cruel, using the word he’d always liked hearing from her, but this time he did turn around, “Don’t you have somewhere to go?” Min was slightly taken aback from his coldness, but quickly brushed it off so she could do what she intended to do in the first place. Unable to look at his face when she spoke, she focused on her hands, “Oppa, I’m sorry if I made you angry. I didn’t mean to take Hyunseung away from you.” Hearing no response, Min decided to just leave him alone. At least she apologized. She’ll have to make it up to him next time.

 

On the other hand, Yoseob immediately regret the way he acted towards her. Hearing her apologize made him realize it wasn’t her fault and it wasn’t even her who made him mad. Sure, he probably got a little irritated by the fact that Hyunseung volunteered before asking him if it was okay, but it wasn’t that. No. It was about Kikwang’s sweatshirt. It reminded him of Min with his jacket on. Soon later, Yoseob went back to boxing, this time with his instructor, not realizing that during the entire time, he was thinking about the sweatshirt Min was wearing. “You angry or something?” 

Yoseob looked at his instructor confused, “No, why?” 

“Well, you’re throwing harder punches and you seem out of focus, which is very unlike you.” 

Yoseob stayed quiet. It’s that stupid sweatshirt! He didn’t like seeing it on Min. Seeing how frustrated Yoseob looked, the instructor stopped their session, “Look, I don’t know what’s going on. In fact, you were doing extremely well at first when Hyunseung was here. But after he left, I don’t know what happened to you man. Whatever it is, take it out of the ring.”

“Sorry.”

“Do you want me to call Hyunseung to come back?” The instructor teased.

“No.” Hyunseung wasn’t who he wanted to come back. It was Min. Minus that sweatshirt. 

“Okay then, that’s it for today.” Yoseob didn’t want to end it there, but it was clear that he wasn’t in his right mind, so he obeyed, throwing another “sorry” before he exited the ring. “Don’t worry about it. Whatever it is, I’m sure you can figure it out.” His instructor said. Figure it out? There was no need. Yoseob already knew what it was. From the moment Min walked in and saw his friend’s hoodie on her, he knew. He knew why he was burning with rage, with anger, and it was none other than… jealousy.

 


 

After Kikwang changed his clothes, he headed out the building, trying to find a certain someone with his navy blue sweatshirt. Gosh, why didn't I give her my orange one? Babo. He pulled out his phone and was about to dial a number when he felt someone tap his shoulder. He turned around, only to find who he was looking for. 

 

"Hey!" Min greeted him with a hug. She pulled away just to hand him a box of sweets and a balloon on a stick, "Here."

 

"Wow, thanks." He smiled, not only for the gifts he received, but also because he saw that she wore his sweatshirt. 

 

"You were amazing! That choreo though, blew my mind! I loved it when you went like this and this and this!" She exclaimed as she imitated his dance moves from his performance. He chuckled. The support she was giving him just melted him, but what he was about to say next was making his heart beat even faster than it already was. It was the perfect moment, he can't back down now. "I only danced that amazing because of you Min." 

 

"Pshhft, what are you talking about? You always dance that awesome!" Min praised him again, "But today was like really WOW."

 

"That's 'cause you were watching." Kikwang admitted, "I wanted to show you..."

 

"Show me...what?" She was confused. She didn't see anything directed to her when he was dancing. He didn't hold anything or say anything. He surely couldn't have seen her in the audience or... had she missed it? 

 

C'mon babo, it's now or never. "I wanted to show you that you make me better." Kikwang continued, "Not just a better dancer, but a better person. All because of you." He studied her face, but he couldn't tell if she was understanding him or not. So he decided to make it a little more obvious, "Did you ever realize you're the first person I always want to share the good news with and the person I go to when I'm down?" 

 

Did she realize that? No. Why? Because honestly, she often, if not always go to him first before the others as well. That's probably why she never noticed. Kikwang was always the gentleman with sweet words. There was always something about Kikwang. Feeling butterflies in her stomach, she smiled softly after hearing his words, but she grew nervous for what was about to come next. Could it be?

 

Here goes nothing Kikwang. “Min, I like you."

 

The girl didn't know how to respond, but one thing that she did know was how fast her heart was beating. Seeing how she stuttered speechless for words, it was quite obvious she was in shock. Not wanting to put her in an awkward position and also because he was half scared that she wouldn't return his feelings, Kikwang tried to save the conversation, "It's okay if you don't-"

 

"No," Min stopped him. There was a short silence that came after and just when Kikwang believed he was rejected, she continued, "Can you give me some time to think about it?" 

 

He looked at her and realized that this confession had really put her on the spot. She was troubled, but he didn't know why. It was either she liked him or not, right? Unless she had feelings for someone else already? But he was pretty sure Min felt the same way. "Of course." He said, slightly disappointed. 

 

"I... I got to go." Was all she said before she walked away from Kikwang.

 


 
"It's already been like a week! And I haven't seen her since! She's avoiding me for sure! What did I do!???" Kikwang complained as he jumped on his bed face first. 

 

"Relax. It's only been five days, dude. And Min doesn't avoid people, she handles them." Hyunseung said, not worried one bit. “Plus, I heard she’s busy with her project.”

 

Kikwang yelled into his pillow. “But why does she have to make me wait? What is there to think about? I like her! And I THINK she likes me! Aishhh! Molla!!!” 

 

Hyunseung rubbed his chin to with his first two fingers. “Well, if you think about it, she is your friend and she is also Doojoon, Junhyung, Yoseob, and Dongwoon’s friend.” 

 

“So?” 

 

The blonde sighed and stood up, “So, think about it babo! Say you and Min do get together, wouldn’t that make the others feel a little awkward? And the time you two break up, wouldn’t that ruin your friendship with her, not to mention make it even more awkward for us?” 

 

Kikwang was irritated now. His friend who was supporting him the whole entire time was now going to go against him? “Hyung! Weren’t you the one who encouraged me to make a move in the first place?”

 

Hyunseung plopped back down on his chair and rubbed the back of his neck. “Yeah well that was before I realized that…” 

 

Kikwang sat up, “That what?” 

 

Does he even know? Should I tell him? I don’t want to lie. Aishh! “That… there are going to be many broken hearts.” Well, that’s not a lie.

 

“I won’t break her heart, hyung.” 

 

“Well, it won’t just be hers.” Hyunseung muttered, but Kikwang caught it.

 

“You don’t have to worry about me, I can deal with a broken heart just fine.” Kikwang then headed out his room to get some water for the both of them, leaving Hyunseung to quietly think. This idiot doesn’t even know what’s going on around him, does he?

 


 

Min exited the office building as the sky grew even darker. When it was dark, it was dangerous, especially for girls. Good thing she was ready to run anytime. Whenever she left late, she would always change into comfortable clothes before she got out, just in case. As she reached her car, she picked up her ringing phone. Upon hearing the other line, she dropped her phone.

 


A/N: OMG I just had to update for Min's bday! Hope I'm not too late (different time zones are so confusing)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR BEAUTIFUL MIN!!!

Wish you good luck and good health to the most real, amazing, funny, cute and y Min! 

I hope you're doing well and stay strong! <3 <3 <3

oh and LOL Hyunseung! I laughed so hard when he punched the bottom of that punching bag XD

I wonder why Min dropped her phone.... 

javascript:void(0)

hmmmmmm......