Temperature rising

Give Love a Chance

Mark was giving Jinyoung an. Apologetic look. Jinyoung was the first one to break from their eye contact.

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

It was lunch time again and Mark sat with Jackson this time. Mark was staring blankly at the table of JB and Jinyoung.

 

"Mark, aren't you going to eat? You barely ate your lunch." Jackson finally spoke. It has been 20 minutes and Mark only had 3 spoons of rice.

 

Mark didn't speak.

 

"Mark, tell me. What's wrong? You've been acting weird these days. Is it all about Jinyoung?"

 

Mark let out a deep sigh before he spoke. "I'm crazy Jackson, right? I don't know.... but I'm pretty obsessed with Jinyoung."

 

Jackson stared at Mark, he was confused. "Obsessed? Obsessed with Jinyoung?"

 

"I don't know...."

 

"You're really crazy Mark." Jackson let out a hyena laugh. "I thought you will make him miserable and you'll let him pay for everything. Now, you're telling me you're obsessed? What kind of obsession though? Like you want to kill him?? Or maybe… You're…. In love with him. " Jackson laughed again.

 

"Yaaa!!!!!" Mark punched Jackson on his shoulders.

 

Obsessed and Love??? Come on… It can't be. No…  I'm simply crazy.. That's all. Mark thought.

 

It was 3:00 PM. The class was dismissed early. Mark had reminded Jackson to tell his basketball team mates he can't attend the practice today because of his library duty.

 

Jinyoung arrived at the library first.

 

"Where's the other one? I thought I'll have two assistants this afternoon?" Ms. Lee, the librarian, looked at Jinyoung.

 

"I don't know Ma'am. Maybe he'll arrive in a short while."

 

"Okay. Let me told you what to do first. I really need help today."

 

Jinyoung let out a sigh. I hope Mark will not come.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jinyoung was stacking the books at the bookshelf when he heard some soft footsteps nearing him.

 

He looked to his left and saw Mark standing with the librarian.

 

"Mark is here now. Now Mark, go help Jinyoung. Ask him on what you can do."

 

The librarian was about to go when she reminded the two once more. "I'll be at my desk if you have some questions. And please, don't be noisy."

 

The two just nodded.

 

When the librarian finally left, Mark spoke to Jinyoung.

 

"What can I help?"

 

Mark's voice was cold and calm. He didn't sound like a threat to Jinyoung. "Just put these books in the shelf." Jinyoung pointed to the box beside him and into the shelf on his back. "Be sure to follow the numbers in order."

 

Mark didn't reply and just carried the box and proceed on arranging the books.

 

The library is becoming empty as Mark and Jinyoung continued to stack the books. As the library become quieter and quieter, the awkward silence between them becomes stronger.

 

Jinyoung is being careful with Mark. He feels that Mark can just break his neck if he do something wrong. He is still afraid of Mark because of his devilish stares on him. And also, his mind can't forget the moment when Mark saved him from falling on the floor and hugged him tight.

 

Jinyoung shook his head. He was surprised when he felt some hand touched his shoulder. He looked to his side and it was Mark.

 

"Are you okay?"

 

Jinyoung looked deep into Mark's dark brown eyes. It was soft, caring. How can the same eyes that stared at him with hate before looked at him gently now?

 

Jinyoung had to blink twice. He didn't realize Mark's face is some inches away from him. He can feel his face getting hot.

 

"Are you okay, Jinyoung?" Mark repeated. His voice sounded dreamy.

 

Jinyoung backed off from the small gap between them. He immediately pretended to fix the books. "I'm okay. Don't care about me."

 

"But I saw you shake your head. I thought you were dizzy or something."

 

"I'm okay.... I'm okay. I just thought of something. I'm almost done here. Just ask Ms. Lee if she needs more help."

 

Mark did not listened to Jinyoung. Instead he felt Jinyoung's forehead with his palm and check  is he is hot and have fever. Jinyoung's heartbeat raced. He can feel that beads of sweat formed on his temples.

 

"Hmmm. You're temperature seemed to be normal. But you are sweating."

 

Jinyoung just looked at Mark. He can't believe on what is happening to him. Mark then searched for something on this pocket.

 

Mark wiped of the sweat on Jinyoung's head with his handkerchief.

 

What is this man even doing? Jinyoung can't comprehend on everything that's happening.

 

Mark took his hand and gave him the handkerchief. Mark left him and went to Ms. Lee. Jinyoung legs felt weak.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Mark went back to Jinyoung and he saw him sitting on the floor with his head on his knees.

 

"Jinyoung.. Are you alright? Ms. Lee said we can go now."

 

Jinyoung lift his head and looked at Mark. Mark extended his hand to lift Jinyoung. Jinyoung hesitated to accept Mark's help but he hold Mark's hand anyway.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Thank you Mark and Jinyoung for placing the books. You can go now."

"Thank you." Mark was the only one to answer. Jinyoung who's beside him just nodded.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

It's already 5:00 PM. Only few students are staying in the school. Mark and Jinyoung walk towards the gate Jinyoung walks faster than Mark. But Mark is trying to catch up with him.

The two finally reached the gate. Jinyoung was about to walk towards the west when Mark called him.

"Jinyoung.. Hope you'll be fine." Mark spoke the words thoughtfully.

"Thank you." Jinyoung offered his smile to Mark.

That smile... Mark said on his mind.

He smiled back too at Jinyoung.

It was his first time to see Mark's face painted with a smile. His smile was beautiful. How can the man who looked at me with hate smile at me now?

Mark turned around and walked to the west. Jinyoung just looked Mark walk until he disappears from his sight.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Jinyoung slumped on his bed. It's already 10:00 PM and his eyes are heavy but his mind keeps on attacking him with thoughts about Mark.

How can Mark suddenly become so concerned of me? His been looking at me like he wants to eat me or kill me these days.... Is he now paying for what has he done? He hadn't even apologized to me after he pushed me and now he's all concerned about me? He even hugged me... No... No.. What's that for? But his bright smile today.... No Jinyoung.. You're crazy... No.. Mark is crazy... He's been tricking you... Maybe he's up on something. Don't get fooled.

Jinyoung had endless thoughts about. Especially about his actions at the library. He thought about Mark's deep, cold voice... His dark brown eyes, Mark's concern and when he wiped his sweat and Mark's smile before the two of them parted. Mark has a beautiful, bright smile.

Jinyoung just thought about Mark until he finally slept.

~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Help! Help!" Jinyoung screamed but they were useless. No one was there to help him. He run and run into the endless darkness.

Jinyoung's legs felt numb. He can't continue anymore. He was about to fall on the ground when arms caught him.

He looked up and saw the face of the man.

It was the same face of the man chasing him but the face that looks at him now is angelic....

"Mark?" Jinyoung spoke.

The man answered him by hugging him under his warm body.

"You're safe in my arms." The cold and deep voice whispered to him.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jinyoung opened his eyes.

What the? He looked at the clock on his night table and it's only 3:00 AM.

I just dreamt of Mark.... Why??

 

 ❀◕ ‿ ◕❀ ❀◕ ‿ ◕❀ ❀◕ ‿ ◕❀

 

 

So yeah... 5 chapters are up... Thank you so much for reading!!! The story builds up slowly. Sorry for that..

What can you say? With my new MarkJin fic  Please comment..

 

pls.. do comment.. *aegyo* I would like to hear your thoughts.. Thank you very much!!!