A Start of Something?

Give Love a Chance

Everyone left the classroom except from Mark and Jackson.

 

Mark remained on his seat. Jackson walked towards Mark.

 

"Now.. talk" Jackson said.

 

"Okay. Let me start from what happened this lunch. I sat with Jinyoung this lunch because I wanted to see him. He ran because I don't know... I spoke his name. I didn't even know why I spoke his name. It just escaped my mouth. Maybe he was afraid?"

 

Jackson looked confused at Mark. "Uhhmmm.... Mark? Are you on drugs?"

 

"Seriously Jackson... I don't know what's happening."

 

"So what happened when you chased him? Did you threaten him? I saw him talk with JB and it seemed he was about to cry."

 

"I chased him all the way at the fire exit to return his bag. Then the guard who was roaming caught us there. He said it was off limits."

 

"That's it? Then why did he almost cry at JB?

 

"I don't know.... I'll just go now. I need to get my ID at the discipline office."

 

"You want me to join?"

 

"No.. You go home already. See you tomorrow."

 

Mark stood up and left Jackson in the classroom.

 

What's wrong with Mark? Jackson thought.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Mark reached the discipline office. He's praying that he will just have warning so his records will still be clean and he can still present a good moral character to his varsity team.

 

"Good to see you Mr. Tuan. Mr. Park just arrived too. I can finally talk to the both of you." Mark was greeted by a staff.

 

"Both of you, have a seat."

 

The two sat beside each other in the long couch while the discipline officer was standing in front of them.

 

"So, I've seen both of your records and they were both clean. Also, I've seen Mr. Tuan is a basketball varsity. You need to have clean records right?"

 

The two didn't reply. They just both stared at the woman lecturing them.

 

"Didn't you read the "Off limits" sign?"

 

"We are sorry Ma'am. We didn't notice it. I want to take responsibility for the mistake. I took Jinyoung to the fire exit because I needed to talk to him in private."

 

Jinyoung turned his head to Mark. His eyes widened. What is this man even saying?

 

"Okay. It's a good thing the repairs there are almost done and nobody got hurt.... I won't put a red mark on your clean records but I will let you do something in return..... You too will help Ms. Lee in the library tomorrow after your class."

 

~~~~~~~~

The two walked outside the Discipline Office.

 

They walked at opposite directions. Mark just walked 10 steps, then he stopped. He turned around and called Jinyoung.

 

"Jinyoung.. Jinyoung."

 

Jinyoung stopped but he didn't turn around. What does this man want?

 

Jinyoung didn't know if he should turn to Mark or not. He wouldn't risk anything so he just continued walking.

 

~~~~~~~

 

"Heyy bro... Mom and Dad went out for a dinner today so they just left us some food at the fridge. Just heat them up."

 

"I'm not in the mood to eat Joey. I'll just go sleep."

 

"Okay..." Mark's younger brother just continued to play with his PlayStation.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

Mark took a shower before heading to bed. He let the drops of warm water flow on his body. He's letting his mind free but Jinyoung wouldn't leave his mind. The picture of Jinyoung's face, his smile and his sadness filled his thoughts.

 

Mark wore his comfy pajamas then he let his body fall on his soft bed. He just looked on the ceiling again and began talking to his mind.

 

Seriously Mark. You're crazy. You were supposed to let that Park Jinyoung's life miserable but you are the one who's being affected.

 

Mark closed his eyes and let his thoughts consume him more. The picture of what happened in the fire exit appeared on his mind.

 

What the??? Mark suddenly got up from lying like a dead person.

 

I hugged Jinyoung?!!!! I just hugged Jinyoung. Oh god.

 

Then the picture of Jinyoung's smile attacked his mind. The way Jinyoung smiles at JB and even giggle is just..... beautiful.

 

Mark shook his head... This can't be happening.

 

Mark let himself fall on his bed again. His mind is about to get crazy.. It's just filled with images of Jinyoung.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Don't cry... Jinyoung.... No, don't leave me.... Jinyoung... Jinyoung!"

 

Mark pushed his legs to run but Jinyoung's saddened face slowly faded in the dark background. His legs are now weak. Mark was left alone in the solitary moment.. in the darkness...

 

"Mark... Mark!!"

"What?"

Mark eyes sting as soon as he opened his eyes.

 

"Ummm... Mark, why are you crying?"

 

"Huhh? What are you saying? I'm not crying, Joey.. pls.. "

 

A tear then escaped his eye. He felt it run in his face.

 

"Look... You're crying." Joey pointed out.

 

"It's just... I just woke up.... Some people are like this."

 

Mark is now fixing his bed when Joey spoke that made Mark's heartbeat uneven.

 

"Before I woke you up.. You were screaming someone's name... And you sounded so sad."

 

Mark stopped from what he was doing. He looked his brother shocked.

 

"You were screaming.. 'Jinyoung... Jinyoung'".

 

I was dreaming of Jinyoung.... Some faint memories from his dreams flashed on his mind... He was chasing Jinyoung.

 

"Aaaa.. that." Mark then let out a fake laugh. "Jinyoung was ummm... I don't know.. I honestly can't remember my dream." Mark simply lied.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

It's another Thursday in class. Mark then scanned for Jinyoung's face as he entered the room. He saw him sitting on his chair and staring outside the window. It was first time Mark saw Jinyoung's face so beautiful and peaceful. His heartbeat raced when Jinyoung suddenly turned his head and looked at him.