That Smile

Give Love a Chance

It was 7:30 am and Mark arrived early for his 8:00 am class. When he entered the room, there were only 10 people, then, he saw Jinyoung sitting beside the window. Mark was surprised as he noticed he just sit behind that boy in his class.

 

Mark slowly walked towards his armchair. Jinyoung lift his head up to see who's walking towards him.

 

The two had an eye contact. Mark's eyes is still burning with fury. Jinyoung immediately looked in other direction.

 

What is the problem of this man? Jinyoung thought. He can feel that Mark is still staring at him with this disgust behind him.

 

Jinyoung's spirit went up a little when his bestfriend, JB entered the room.

 

"JB!!" Jinyoung suddenly screamed making everyone in the room look at him.

 

Jinyoung stood up not minding his surroundings and grabbed JB, who's not yet even reaching his chair, outside of the classroom.

 

Jinyoung brought JB at their corridor.

 

"What's wrong, Jinyoung?"

 

"JB, I'm... I'm..."

 

Jinyoung didn't finished his sentence when JB caressed the band aid on his face.

 

"Look at you... Are you okay now?" JB sounded so worried.

 

"I'm okay... It's just a minor wound."

 

"Then why did you grabbed me here?"

 

Jinyoung was hesitant to speak. "I.. I am afraid of Mark."

 

The ball suddenly rang and the students run to their respective rooms.

 

JB took Jinyoung's hands and gave a short massage. "We'll talk about this later okay?"

 

~~~~~~~~

 

The two entered the room.

 

Mark looked at Jinyoung's direction and gave him the bad look again. Jinyoung just looked down to avoid Mark's gaze. JB looked at Jinyoung then on Mark. He saw the Mark's pained look on his bestfriend.

 

This is bad. JB thought.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

Their first period ended and Mark stood up to go outside. He walked close to Jinyoung's armchair making Jinyoung's things fall from his table.

 

Jackson who was sitting behind Mark's armchair saw it. He stood up and helped Jinyoung pick up his things. Jinyoung was surprised but he just accepted Jackson's help. JB wasn't there to help him because he immediately run outside to buy them snacks.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

During lunch, Jackson and Mark eat with each other. They were at least 7 feet away from Jinyoung and JB who are also having their lunch.

 

"I saw what you did Mark."

 

"What?" Mark was like not paying attention and still continue eating his meal.

 

"You intentionally let Jinyoung's things fall from desk and you even tripped him before going here to the canteen. I saw your foot. It's a good thing JB caught him and they didn't notice that you were the one who tripped Jinyoung."

 

"I'm not yet done with that person."

 

"Mark please.... I'm your friend but, I'm not supporting you on bullying Jinyoung."

 

"Just give me 9 days."

 

"9 days?"

 

"Today's the first day, Tuesday. I'm going to make his 9 days the best time of his life."

 

"Mark... Are you on drunk or what? Can't you just spare him?"

 

"Nine days is enough.. He's lucky I wouldn't bug him for the rest if the school year. Nine days would be great."

 

"Sometimes... I don't know why you're my friend." Jackson said in annoyed tone.

 

"I've got this Jackson. Don't worry.. I wouldn't kill him... I'll just make him learn his lesson."

 

Jackson looked Mark and Mark's stare is fixed at Jinyoung who's sitting in a nearby table.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"I'm afraid of Mark... He always looks at me like he want to eat me or something.. I mean look at him now. He's just staring at me."

 

JB slightly turned his head on Mark's direction and he saw Mark is really looking at Jinyoung.

 

"What did you do to make him so angry like that?"

 

"I don't know.. I didn't even know he is our classmate. I should be the one to be mad at him because he pushed me..... He's not yet even apologizing for what he did."

 

JB patting Jinyoung's head. "Don't worry Jinyoung... I'm always here."

 

"Thank you."

 

JB then pinched both of Jinyoung's cheeks.

 

"Yaa!" Jinyoung yelled and then he giggled.

 

"Let's finish our lunch okay?"

 

"Okay."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Mark's eyes widened when he saw JB patted Jinyoung's head and pinched his cheeks.

 

Jinyoung gave JB a bright, beautiful smile. Then he giggled.

 

Jackson looked at Mark in awe. "Mark? What's wrong again?"

 

Mark didn't answer so Jackson looked at the direction of Jinyoung and JB. "Ohh.. so your eyes widened because they are so happy and you just want to punch Jinyoung in the face?"

 

"Shut up Jackson... Let's just eat."

 

"Okay...."

~~~~~~~~~~

 

Mark is just looking at the ceiling of his bedroom. It's already 11:30 PM and he still can't sleep. Jinyoung is occupying his mind.

 

That Park Jinyoung. How come he is happy and I'm the one who's seeming miserable?

 

The picture of Jinyoung so happy with JB is imprinted on his mind.

 

It's so unfair.... I'm gonna make you pay for this Jinyoung.

 

Mark drifted to sleep and he's still thinking of Jinyoung.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

That smile..... I want it to smile for me....

 

Mark....

 

Mark.....

 

"Mark! Wake up!!!"

 

"Ummmm.... What's happening?"

 

"Bro..... You'll be late!!!!!" Mark's brother, Joey shook him to wake up.

 

"Shoot!!" Mark jumped from his bed and hurried to the bathroom for shower.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Mark came to class 5 minutes before the class start. His eyes searched for Jinyoung. He was paused from walking when Jinyoung was already looking at him.

 

Mark can't think of anything so he just rolled his eyes on him.