Chapter 9: The Realization

I'm in Love with a Ghost
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 9

 

 

“Wow, it’s so beautiful.” Seohyun exclaimed to herself as she sits on the bench, staring at the Han river while others walk by, jog and just stroll around. It's early in the morning, well that's what Yonghwa said. She doesn't know the time anymore. 

 

Apparently this morning, Yonghwa was startled when he found Seohyun standing in the room and walking, like examining the littlest dirt she can see. It was rare for her to appear very early. She insisted that he goes back to sleep but because he's already up, he decided to go bicycling near the Han River for an exercise since it's a holiday and he has no work.

 

It’s three days after they are back from Macau and they are spending a good morning today.

 

“Enjoying the scenery?” Yonghwa pressed the break of his bike while panting and stopped where Seohyun is sitting alone. 

 

Like a child, Seohyun nodded her head happily. “I can’t feel the wind...but at least I enjoy what I’m seeing.” 

 

Smiling widely, “That’s good.” Yonghwa said. “Just one more round.” He said and pedaled his bike again across the park, as Seohyun continues to watch him.

 

But as moments go by, slowly, Seohyun’s vision is turning a little blurry. She blinks continuously, adjusting her sight. And then she felt a little headache. It was like an energy being pulled out that is inside her. She covers her forehead with her palm.

 

While cycling, Yonghwa turned his head to check up on Seohyun and he saw her massaging her temples. He hurriedly maneuvered his bicycle and turned back.

 

“Hyun, are you okay?” Yonghwa asked worriedly.

 

Seohyun shook her head. “I don’t know.. It’s just, I feel a little weak.” 

 

“Why? What happened?” Yonghwa placed his bike on the side and sat beside Seohyun. 

 

Some people who are walking around the park gave him a look. He smiled embarrassedly to them. Right. I look crazy, he thought. He forgot that people can't see Seohyun and he looks like a madman talking to the air worriedly.

 

But he turned to Seohyun again, “Let’s just go back to the apartment, Hyun.” 

 

She nodded. He wanted to help her walk but of course, he can’t touch her. So he just walked slowly, following her pace. 

 

“What’s wrong?” Yonghwa immediately asked her again when she sat on the couch, still covering her forehead with her palm.

 

“I don’t know. I’m okay, but it’s like something inside me is being pulled out. I can’t understand. Like, I’m losing my energy....” She answered softly.

 

Yonghwa looked at her worriedly, he doesn’t know what to do. Of course she can’t take a medicine or whatever. He thought it's probably related to her body. If she's not dead, then her body must be struggling somewhere. I need to do something, Yonghwa thought.

 

Then his phone rang. 

 

“Hello?” 

 

“Sir...”

 

“Oh Jaejin-ah... Can you just call later, I am kind of--”

 

“Sir, this is urgent.” Jaejin, his secretary, insisted.

 

“But there’s no work today. And I’m taking care of some--”

 

“Sir it’s about your father.” 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Yonghwa hurriedly drove off going to the hospital. He told Seohyun to just rest at the apartment. He wasn’t able to explain anymore where he'll go since he rushed off right away when Jaejin told him that his father had a sudden cardiac arrest.

 

The last time he talked to his father, they weren’t in good terms. He scolded him over the phone, and he answered back. He remembered that moment, when he only calmed down when Seohyun glared at him, signaling to lower down his voice and talk nicely to his father.

 

Seohyun always reminds him that stress can be overcome if he thinks one moment at a time. She always tells him that problems won't be solved in anger.

 

“Where’s Appa?” Yonghwa was sweating after running as he saw Jaejin outside the room. 

 

“He’s inside, sir.” 

 

Yonghwa peeked at the door, his mother was there, holding his father’s hand. 

 

“How’s he?” He turned to his mother.

 

“He’s fine. Good thing it was treated immediately. All he needs is rest for now. He’s been too focused on the airlines. You know that we have problems there, right?" Yonghwa's mother answered calmly. "That's why he's counting on you, Yonghwa-ya since you will be handling the airlines and publishing companies soon."

 

He stayed silent as he stares at his father. 

 

Yonghwa's mother patted his back, "He wants everything to be fine before he transfers everything under your name, son. That's why your father is working so hard. But that's also why he's being hard on you sometimes, because he wants you to be prepared, be stronger and firmer when he gives

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter