Chapter 7: Getting Closer

I'm in Love with a Ghost
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 7

 

 

Yonghwa continues to strum his guitar after finishing his paperworks. He just got home from work and he feels like he’s bombarded with times seven of her Mom's nagging everytime he hears Seohyun talking.

 

He continues to play random songs, while Seohyun walks back and forth the living room, thinking of the next thing to do. It’s been a couple of days since they agreed to help Seohyun find out who she is but they haven't started anything yet.

 

“Can you, can you help just help me figure this out, instead you just sitting there? Seohyun said hysterically.

 

“I’m not just sitting, I’m also playing my guitar.” Yonghwa smirked.

 

“Aaargh! I thought you’re gonna help me?” 

 

Yonghwa strummed harder for the last time, annoyed again, “Fine. But how can I help if I don’t know where to start? Don’t you really remember anything? Like even a little?" Yonghwa asked as he continues to play his guitar and sing random songs.

 

Seohyun continues to think. Touching her lower lip while walking back and forth, looking at her feet. 

 

“That’s flat.” Seohyun suddenly mumbled, still continues to walk back and forth. “That’s not the right chord. It’s C, F then Am and G in refrain." She said.

 

“Oh right...” Yonghwa said and continued to pluck again, “Hey wait...you know this song?” He looked at the woman who is anxiously still thinking and looking like a child staring at her walking feet.

 

“Yeah.. It’s ‘Falling Slowly’. But you got it wrong on the refrain part. Just one chord, anyway.” She answered unconsciously.

 

“Seohyun-ssi!” Yonghwa stopped her.

 

“What?” She turned to Yonghwa.

 

“You play notes. You know guitar chords. Music. Something about music. You remembered something about music.”

 

Seohyun looked at him, “Right.” She whispered. “I didn’t realize that.”

 

“So???” 

 

“....What ‘so’?”

 

Yonghwa placed his guitar on the side. “Seohyun-ssi... Music. Notes. Chords. Whatever it is... Is your work related to music? Are you just musically inclined? Think about it."

 

Seohyun sat on the couch beside the guitar where Yonghwa put it, she bites her fingernails again, “I don’t know.. Maybe..”

 

“Falling Slowy? How did you know the song? Yes it’s from a movie, but how did you know how to play it? The chords...” 

 

Thinking harder, Seohyun tries to recall. Then simultaneous images come in her mind. Stage. People applauding. Guitar. Piano. 

 

“Right!” She stood up. “I sang it. I sang it during a play, stage play.”

 

“Stage play?” Yonghwa asked her. But she looks clueless still. “What else? Where did you perform it? So are you a stage play actress?” 

 

Seohyun slowly shakes her head and then shrugged her shoulders. “I’m not sure. That’s all I can remember for now.” 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

They spend their days talking about random stuff, hoping that it will help Seohyun remember her past but she can’t. For now, that’s the only thing they know; she knows about music.

 

Some days, she would help Yonghwa with his paper works. By checking up on them and reviewing them for him. Yonghwa realized that Seohyun is very smart. Smart is actually an understatement term to define her. When they talk, she's really articulate and knowledgeable. Yonghwa is usually amazed on how she knows so many stuff. And when he asks her where she studied it, all she answers is she doesn't remember. Because she really doesn't.

 

For Seohyun, she realized that Yonghwa is a very competitive person. He likes to be the best all the time. He likes to finish his work on time and he takes it seriously. At times, she overhears Yonghwa talking on the phone in the middle of the night, just to fix issues at work. There, she realized that he's not just an ordinary chaebol who's waiting to be showered by their family's fortune, but he works hard because he cares for the company. But most of the time, she feels that he's doing it not for the company, but for his parents to be proud of him.

 

Yonghwa laughed so hard. He laughed on the couch and can’t help but touch his tummy because it’s starting to hurt from laughing. 

 

“What’s so funny?” Seohyun’s nostrils flared again.

 

Yonghwa looked at her, still laughing so hard, “You’re really crying over a Keroro?” He struggled saying while laughing. 

 

He saw Seohyun tearing up when he stopped the channel where Sgt. Keroro is being played. He just gets snacks from the fridge and when he's back, he saw Seohyun with tears, fully concentrated on the TV.

 

Seohyun immediately wipes her tears. “What are you saying? Who told you that I’m crying? Huh?”

 

“Oh really?” Yonghwa then sticks out his tongue. “Merong! You just wiped your tears away crybaby. And because of what again? Keroro?" He laughed out loud again.

 

“Ya!” Seohyun shouted. “I’m not crying! Especially not because of that, that cartoon!” But actually, she also surprised herself why she started to tear up when she was watching.

 

Then Yonghwa panted hard from laughing, “Seohyun-ssi..did you just speak to me in banmal? How can you shout ‘ya’ to me? Huh?”

 

“Whatever! I don’t care!”

 

Yonghwa stole glances at her and continues to laugh silently. 

 

“Hey... Are you really not eating anything? You’re drinking coffee again...” Seohyun commented when he saw that Yonghwa is drinking cold coffee again.

 

“Mmm...” Yonghwa stares at the can. “It’s just an old habit.”

 

“A bad habit! Stop drinking coffee and eat proper meals. I’ll teach you how to cook.” 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“Yonghwa Oppa?” a voice called him.

 

That voice was very familiar. 

 

When he turned around, he was right. He can’t mistakenly forget that voice. They looked at each other for a few seconds. It was Yonghwa who came back to his senses.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter