Chapter 11: I Won't Give Up on You

I'm in Love with a Ghost
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 11

 

 

Seohyun wants to hug her Unnies when she saw them. She wanted to scream and tell them that she’s here. But not matter what she does, they can't see her.

 

Taeyeon kissed Seohyun’s forehead, “Maknae-ah... How are you today?” She said, but the tone of her voice was not a happy one. She placed the flowers on the vase, replacing the old ones.

 

“Blue roses...” Seohyun muttered. “Those are my favorite. Thanks Taeyeon Unnie,” She said. 

 

“Look Maknae... I bought a purse. One is light pink and the other is light blue. Of course the pink’s mine and the light blue is yours.” Tiffany excitedly exclaimed, showing Seohyun's lying body the purse.

 

Seohyun smiled with a teary eyes, thinking that her Fany Unnie is still the same. She’s still addicted to pink. And until now, she never fails to buy her stuff and treat her like a baby.

 

Suddenly, Kyuhyun came.

 

“Oppa...” Seohyun whispered to herself. Then all of a sudden, her headache runs again. This time, it’s more painful and she’s getting weaker than the last time. She wanted to approach her boyfriend but her headache hinders her from moving.

 

She blinks her eyes and try to compose herself, she saw Kyuhyun holding her hand. 

 

Seohyun looks at her palm, “How come I don’t feel you but I felt Yonghwa when he touched me?” She said, looking at Kyuhyun. 

 

Then after a few minutes, Kyuhyun left the room right away. He said he has a meeting with the other architects. Tiffany and Taeyeon just let him be, like it's a normal thing to do. Seohyun wonders a bit. Before, her Unnies would scold Kyuhyun when he's late or when he ditches her on dates.

 

“Tsk...Meeting again?” Taeyeon said sarcastically when Kyuhyun went out of the room. 

 

Tiffany sighed while peeling the apples, “Taeyeon-ah... Stop it. Just try to understand Kyu.”

 

“Understand? He visits Seohyun like, once or twice a week. And he only stays for like ten minutes... Is that what a good boyfriend supposed to do? And you're telling me to understand him?!" 

 

“Remember? Seohyunnie told us before that Kyuhyun is having problems with his family. Remember when she told us that Kyuhyun is depressed because of his parents' divorce? Maybe that's why he doesn't have much time." Tiffany defended calmly.

 

Taeyeon stood up and fix Seohyun’s blanket. She grinned bitterly, “Fany-ah... We also have problems individually. We have jobs with extended hours, we have families to attend to as well... but we have time for Seohyun. It's all about finding time. And if there's one who should do that, it must be Kyuhyun because he's the boyfriend for heaven's sake!" Taeyeon emphasized. "I think there's more than his so-called problems."

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“I don’t know...it’s just that, something’s not right.”

 

Seohyun was just listening to her Unnies. Actually, she still can’t remember every detail about her life. She was touching her forehead while listening to Tiffany and Taeyeon. She felt a little hurt when she heard that Kyuhyun doesn't visit her that much.

 

“And you know why I’m starting to hate Kyuhyun?” Taeyeon continued. “It’s because of the papers we have to sign.”

 

Tiffany just sighed. Then she looked at Seohyun’s lying body sadly.

 

“Papers? What papers?” Seohyun asked, but of course, they can’t hear her.

 

“True.” Tiffany said. “I still don’t get it how Kyuhyun is convinced that we all should sign the papers as her guardians.”

 

Seohyun is getting confused already. What are they talking about? She asked herself.

 

“And you know what hurts more?” Taeyeon said, “That some of the girls are starting to listen to Kyuhyun’s explanation.” She said with a bit of anger.

 

Tiffany shakes her head and approached Seohyun. She combs Seohyun’s hair with her fingers, “I can’t imagine us signing the papers to end Seohyun's life support. It's like allowing her to die."

 

Then Seohyun felt devastated after hearing it. She looks at her body, lying lifelessly on the bed. She doesn’t know how long it has been there already. Hearing her Unnies, it feels like it's been quite a while. And her boyfriend? He's convincing her Unnies to end the life support? Why?

 

She looked at her Unnies. She wanted to tell them that she’s here and she’s still alive. If only she could lie on to her body and let her spirit goes into it, if only it's that simple. But when she tries to touch her body, she doesn't feel anything ironically. And her hand just passes through it.

 

And seeing her Unnies, she felt that they are also already tired. She can’t blame them if they sign the papers. Although it hurts, especially hearing, that even her boyfriend is giving her up, but she doesn't want to blame them.

 

Controlling her tears, slowly, Seohyun passes through the door and left the room.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Boyfriend?

 

Yonghwa thought. She has a boyfriend? And the funny thing was, knowing it made him felt a twinge inside his heart. 

 

Of course she has a boyfriend. How in the world can a beautiful woman like Seohyun not have a boyfriend. That’s going to be absurd if she doesn't have one, right?

 

Yonghwa kept on talking to himself on his way to the apartment. When he arrived, he just stood by the door when he opened it. It feels empty. He felt it was too big for him. He remembers whining at Jaejin, telling him that the apartment is so small and he deserves a bigger one.

 

But now, he feels like the apartment was just too much for him. Seohyun not being there is what’s lacking. 

 

He lazily walks towards the room, and the first thing he picks up? Guitar. It’s a no-brainer. Even his own self does it unconsciously.

 

“Pabo Yonghwa-yah...” He told himself while strumming the strings of his guitar hardly, “You really think you had the chance?” He chuckled bitterly. "And what, you only met her for a few months... and worst, you met her in the most unconventional way. You met her spirit for crying out loud! Stop fooling yourself!" He continues to strum with tension. "Of course she has a boyfriend." He continues to mumble.

 

Then after a few moment, his tension was eased then he stopped. After a deep sigh, he started to pluck that favorite song he plays every time something bad happens.

 

“When are you going to tell me the title of that song?”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter