Chapter 15: Going Back

I'm in Love with a Ghost
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 15

 

“Seohyun...” Yonghwa whispered again.

 

But she frowned and looked really sacred. “Unnie...” she mumbled, like asking for help. 

 

The girls blankly exchange glances. Tiffany slowly approached Seohyun and caressed her forehead. “It’s okay, Seohyunnie... We’re all here. Don't worry." She calmed Seohyun.

 

Without taking away his eyes on Seohyun, Yonghwa slowly steps backward when he saw fear in Seohyun’s eyes. Then he suddenly felt a warm hand on his elbow.

 

“Yonghwa-ssi...I think it’s best if you just leave.” Hyoyeon tried to explained calmly. “Maybe Seohyun is just adjusting.”

 

His eyes are still fixed on Seohyun who is smiling while listening to Tiffany beside her bed. He nodded his head slowly, agreeing to what Hyoyeon told him. Seohyun looked his way again, he smiled at her but got no response. With heavy footsteps, Yonghwa left the room softly as the girls stare at him with pity.

 

Yonghwa slowly closed the door, but held its doorknob until his palm is red already.

 

“Yonghwa-ssi...” Jessica approached him, “Thank you for telling us what happened. We will make sure that Kyuhyun won't hurt our maknae again. Thank you again."

 

He just nodded his head.

 

“By the way...” Jessica added, “I’m sorry to hear about your fiancee. It must have been really painful. Now we understand why you're trying to help Seohyun."

 

Actually, he forgot about it already. He forgot that Shinhye chooses another man over him. He already forgot that he lost his fiancee. He doesn't care about that anymore. What pains him now is the thought that Seohyun suddenly forgets about him.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“Dr. Kang, thank you so much.” Taeyeon muttered as Minhyuk checks the cardiogram and Seohyun’s vital signs with the girls in the room.

 

Minhyuk smiled at them, “Actually, this is considered a miracle. It was so timing that she wakes up before we did something to the machine. We were all surprised. The ECG monitor with the flatline a while ago was an indication already, but it was really a miracle that it beeps again. She really meant to live." 

 

Hyoyeon followed Minhyuk when he was on his way out of the room. “Please tell Yonghwa-ssi that we are thankful to him. We really felt that he cares for Seohyunnie...But Dr. Kang," Hyoyeon moves closer and glances at her back, making sure no one's listening, "Do you think that Yonghwa-ssi has really seen Seohyun's spirit?" Hyoyeon asked innocently.

 

Minhyuk sighed, “You know what Ms. Kim,” he started as they walk on the hallway, “I have been friends with Yonghwa Hyung for a long time. And knowing him, he won't say something unless it's true. It was really hard to believe what he's saying...but every time he talks about Miss Seo, I can really see that he's serious about it."

 

“So, you believe that he’s seeing Seohyun’s spirit when she was in coma?”

 

Minhyuk closed his eyes and just nodded. 

 

“Me too.” Hyoyeon blurted out. “But... How come she doesn’t remember him, anymore?”

 

“I don’t know too, Ms. Kim.” Minhyuk answered softly. 

 

Hyoyeon was left alone in the hallway when Minhyuk excused himself after being called by some nurses to attend to another patient. She was contemplating. When she saw how Yonghwa looks at Seohyun and how devasted he was when everybody thought Seohyun died already, she knows it's something serious. And she pitied Yonghwa when Seohyun can't remember him.

 

The other girls were eating inside the room, still talking about how they hate Kyuhyun. Some were preparing food for Seohyun. They now all heard the story of what really happened.

 

“Maknae-ah...” Hyoyeon sat beside Seohyun on the bed. She gave her a hug and stayed like that for a long time. 

 

“Unnie...why?” Seohyun chuckled a little.

 

Hyoyeon looked at her and smiled, “I’m just happy that you’re awake already.”

 

She actually wanted to ask her more. She wanted to ask if she remembers wandering around while her body is lying on the hospital bed, she wanted to ask about Yonghwa, she wanted to know if she remembers anything while she was in coma, but she decided to let her fully recover for now.

 

“The doctor said that you’re doing fine. They will take final check-ups and maybe after a week, you can be released from the hospital." Yuri said as she placed Seohyun's food on the table.

 

“What do you want to do first thing when you go out of the hospital?” Sunny asked after taking a bite on an apple.

 

“Do you want to beat up Kyuhyun?” Sooyoung asked jokingly. “But really, I want to teach him a lesson with what he did to you.” She said, holding up her fist.

 

“He’s even the reason why you got into an accident that night! Argh! I hate him so much!” Yoona commented too. 

 

“If I were you Seohyunnie, I would really strangle him if I saw him with another woman.” Tiffany said while gritting her teeth.

 

Taeyeon stood in between all of them, at foot side of the bed, “Hey girls, let’s stop recalling those ugly memories. Seohyun needs to recover first. But Maknae, allow us to take care of it. We will surely teach him a lesson."

 

Seohyun just smiled. “Unnie-deul, thank you for taking care of me. You really don’t have to waste your time on Kyuhyun Oppa. Let's just let him go on with his life. What's important is I'm alive and I am now sure that he's not the right man for me."

 

Hyoyeon hugged Seohyun, “You must have suffered so much that night... You should have called one of us right away when you saw him with that lawyer."

 

“I’m okay, Unnie. I am fine. All I need is to fully recover and gain my energy back so I can work again. I think I don’t need any man in my life right now." Seohyun answered.

 

Then they hugged one another. It was a huge relief seeing Seohyun back in a good condition.

 

“But really, going back, what do you want to do when you go out of here?” Tiffany asked.

 

Seohyun looked far and sighed, “I just want to go back to my apartment.” She said with a smile.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Yonghwa enters the door code and slowly opens the door. He stood still, wandering his eyes all around the apartment. He takes off his coat and drops it on the floor.

 

He went inside his room and gets his guitar and without thinking twice, he plays it like he used to. 

 

*Ding Dong*

 

With just five minutes after, someone rings the doorbell. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter