Chapter 6: Help Me

I'm in Love with a Ghost
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 6

 

 

She passes through the door a little, sticking her head inside to check if Yonghwa is there. She saw him plucking the strings of his guitar. There was a time she appeared and heard him playing. And looking at him and listening, she knows Yonghwa is reall good at it. 

 

Seohyun wanted to talk to him but instead, she decided to just look at him from behind. He plays beautifully, she thought.

 

She just smiled when she finds herself enjoying listening to every sound that comes out of his guitar. The song is beautiful but it feels sad as he continues to pluck.

 

After playing a song, there he goes again, getting that certain key chain and looking at it again, holding it like it’s something precious. Looking at it closely, Seohyun feels that the key chain looks familiar. Like she has seen it before. She just doesn't remember when or where.

 

When Seohyun saw that Yonghwa is about to stand up, she abruptly pulls her head out and walks somewhere else, until she noticed Yonghwa went up to the rooftop building.

 

Silently, she looks at him from afar. I wonder what he’s thinking, Seohyun asked herself. Yonghwa sat on one of the benches and stared at the city lights.

 

She clears her throat and bravely approached him, “Are you...okay?” She asked.

 

“Do you think I am?” Yonghwa answered sarcastically.

 

“Right.” She smiled shyly. “That’s a stupid thing to ask.” 

 

He didn’t respond.

 

“Who is... Shin..Shinhye?” She asked innocently while stuttering.

 

“You don’t need to know.” 

 

“But... Maybe talking about her would ease what you feel inside. So you might--” 

 

“I don’t want to talk about it!” 

 

Seohyun sighed. And being the stubborn and nagger that she is, she persisted. "Yonghwa-ssi, keeping the pain inside is not good. It might lead you--.."

 

“She was my fiancee!” Yonghwa answered with a raising voice. “But she left me. Okay? Satisfied?”

 

Seohyun was a bit shocked. Now she understands why mentioning that name turned Yonghwa’s face differently a while ago. He looked like he just heard something that kills him.

 

“I’m sorry to hear that. But I think..I think, uhm..” Seohyun hesitantly say the words, “I think your friends are just worried about you." She said.

 

“Who are you to tell me how my friends think about me?” He continued to answer arrogantly, still looking at the city lights.

 

Seohyun sighed. How can this guy be this arrogant? She was losing her patience but she tried again. “Well.. That’s just my opinion since--..."

 

“So now, you’re giving me your opinion about my life?” Yonghwa smirked bitterly. “Just because in a matter of minutes, you heard that I am a chaebol but is pathetically thrown out by my father, and was forced to live in this stupid apartment, and that now, you knew that my girlfriend left me?" Then he glared at Seohyun, "Just hearing those things give you now the right to have an opinion about my life, Seohyun-ssi?" He said in sarcasm.

 

“No...” Seohyun tried to sound calm to comfort him. “I just want to help you to--”

 

“Help me?” Yonghwa laughed bitterly. “Wow..help me, huh? How can you help me? How?!”

 

“You can tell me your problems. I will listen. That can probably help.” Seohyun said.

 

Yonghwa shook his head and grinned arrogantly, “You know what, Seohyun-ssi, thanks but no thanks. I don't need someone to pity on me. And surely, I don't need help from someone who can't even touch things, who can't remember anything about her life, and who is even dead already!"

 

Seohyun suddenly touched her chest. And yes, she was hurt. She was definitely hurt by the words she just heard from Yonghwa. She remained speechless.

 

“Oh, I didn’t know that you know how to shut your mouth.” Yonghwa continued. “It’s a miracle that you didn’t even say a word now, Seohyun-ssi.."

 

Then she nodded her head. “Yes...maybe you’re right. Maybe I am dead.” She said with a cracking voice. “I can’t hold things. I just passed through them. And I admit I don't remember details about my life... But at least, I remember how to try to help. I'm sorry if you don't need it!"

 

“Right! I don’t need it!” Yonghwa childishly still defend himself.

 

Seohyun stood up and walked away. But then she stopped and turned again. “You know what, Yonghwa-ssi, I forgot some things about my life..that's true. And it's also true that I don't know you personally and I don't have the right to meddle with your life. But I am pretty sure that the world doesn't revolve around you and that there are more people who may be even facing bigger problems than what you have right now.” 

 

Yonghwa turned his back and was about to answer back again but she slowly is disappearing again.

 

“I am so pathetic. Why am I even wasting my time arguing with a ghost?” He told himself.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

For the past few days, Yonghwa didn’t see Seohyun inside the apartment. There’s no trace of her and that’s a bit surprising.

 

He carried on with his daily life and just exhaust all his energy to work. Not seeing Seohyun around is a big change but he told himself, that at least he can spare his every day from all the nagging and comments he is hearing from her.

 

All he needs is peace now.

 

On the other hand, Seohyun was actually there inside the apartment. She just doesn’t let Yonghwa sees her. As much as she doesn't want to come back anymore, but she ends up being stuck in the apartment. She can't control it and she doesn't know why. Seohyun doesn't want Yonghwa to see her because she knows he is annoyed already, but her body, or better yet, her spirit keeps on coming back inside the apartment.

 

But every time she peeks at Yonghwa and tries to see what he’s doing, she always sees him thumbing this key chain again. “I wonder what that keychai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter