Chapter 14: Finally! But...

I'm in Love with a Ghost
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 14

 

 

Yonghwa frowned, staring at Seohyun in confusion. While Seohyun’s eyes starts to well up. 

 

She closed her eyes, tears fall. And slowly, a lot of scenes are rambling on her mind. Her mobile phone, Luna’s voice, then suddenly a lobbly, a haggard man by the elevator, then Kyuhyun and the lawyer making out. She touched her forehead and scenes on her mind continued... until her mind is filled with images of heavy rain and a truck.

 

“Hyun...” Yonghwa approaches Seohyun who suddenly lost her energy which made her sat her body on the couch. “Are you okay? What's happening?"

 

She looked at Yonghwa, fixing her eyes on his, “Yong... I remember the night of my accident.” She said under her breath. 

 

Yonghwa just looked at her worriedly, ready to listen to her. 

 

“I went to a law office.” Seohyun started to tell. “It was raining hard, I was waiting for Kyuhyun Oppa. But her sister told me that he went to see the lawyer handling his parents' divorce case. So I went to the lawyer's office...and then..." She paused and her lips start to tremble more, "And then... I saw Kyuhyun Oppa and..and the laywer." Seohyun looked at Yonghwa and she continued, "Yong, I saw them kissing... he was with her." Seohyun said as she points out Shinhye's picture that is on Yonghwa's hand.

 

Yonghwa gulped. He tried to grasped what he just heard. He looked away for a while, recalling the night of their break up. It was also raining heavily that night. And the he remembered Shinhye telling him that she's in love with someone else. And then, he remembered going out of the office...resting his forehead on the wall, troubled and hurt. Until he remembered every detail that night.

 

“Hyun...” Yonghwa called her in a whisper, “It’s you?”

 

Seohyun furrowed her eyebrows. 

 

“It’s you.” Yonghwa continued. “You were the woman who ran out of the building and who was crying that night. That was the night Shinhye broke up with me too. I was in the law building. I think it was the same night you are talking about."

 

Seohyun tried to recall again the scenarios. Then she looked at Yonghwa. “You. You were the guy who ignored me when I asked where Atty. Park's office was."

 

Yonghwa just nodded his head slowly as his mind also continues to sew the events that night while looking at Seohyun. “And your boyfriend and my fiancee apparently were together that time.." He said.

 

She covered her face with her palms, realizing what happened. 

 

Yonghwa looked at her. “It’s you, Hyun...” He said looking straight at her eyes, “You were the one who got into the accident that night. I was with my friends and we saw a wrecked car on the road. I remembered that night because I was so hurt and even told my friends that I wished I was the one who got into the accident... but, it was you apparently. You were the one who had the car accident that night."

 

Seohyun’s eyes are full of tears as she listens to Yonghwa. Then both of them were silent for a moment after figuring out that eventful night.

 

After a moment, Yonghwa stood up and grabbed his phone on the coffee table. He dialed it immediately.

 

“Minhyuk-ah..it’s me.” He said.

 

Seohyun was flustered. “Yong, what are you doing?” She asked when she heard Yonghwa is talking again about the life support. But Yonghwa held up his hand to halt her from stopping him. He talked for some more until he hung up.

 

“We’re going to the hospital tomorrow morning.” Yonghwa said. 

 

“Why? What did you tell Minhyuk-ssi?” 

 

Yonghwa looked at her intently. “They can’t take out the life support, Hyun. I won’t let that happen. And your Unnies should know about what Kyuhyun did to you. Besides, it's Kyuhyun who's been insisting of taking out your life support!"

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“Hyung...” Minhyuk called Yonghwa when he arrived at the hospital very early with Seohyun. “Are you okay? Why do you look so tired?"

 

“No. I’m fine.” Yonghwa answered with fidgeting hands. The truth is, he didn’t sleep the entire night. He was afraid that Seohyun would disappear from his sight. So they both spent the night, sitting beside each other, frustratingly waiting for the next day.

 

Yonghwa was fidgeting his fingers after his talk with Minhyuk and he looks so worried. Seohyun was just staring at him. “Yong... We don't need to do this anymore. We can't stop them from their decision." She said.

 

“No Hyun. This is not the time to give up. Not now, that we already figured out what happened that night.” He answered. 

 

Then he entered the room where Seohyun’s body is. Seohyun slowly followed him, like afraid to be near her body. “Don’t be afraid.” Yonghwa calmed her when he noticed that she took little steps behind him. Yonghwa took Seohyun's hand, and at the same time, Seohyun looked at her palm.

 

“I can feel you.” Seohyun said while smiling. 

 

Yonghwa just nodded his head with a smile. Like an assurance that everything will be alright. 

 

The rest of the girls came one by one. They knew Yonghwa because Hyoyeon and Tiffany told them about him. They were surprised to see him inside but didn't argue anymore.

 

“I’m sorry... I..” 

 

Taeyeon held her hand up and waved it a little, “Aniyo. It’s okay. We know who you are. Dr. Kang told us about you. And you were also the one who visited the house, right?" Taeyeon said.

 

Seohyun smiled with watery eyes while watching her Unnies and Yonghwa starting to talk civil. That gives her a glint of hope that they won't give her up.

 

“Are you here about the papers?” Hyoyeon asked.

 

Yonghwa nodded. “I’m here to convince you to change your minds about the life support. Please. I won’t stop begging you about this."

 

The girls were silent. Exchanging glances after listening to this persistent man in front of them, so concerned about their maknae. 

 

“You know what, Yonghwa-ssi... We don’t want this, too. Believe it or not, this is the most difficult decision we’ve ever had. When you came to the house and kept on insisting that you are seeing Seohyun's spirit, it's so easy to judge you that you're crazy. But you know what, all of us wanted to believe it.." Hyoyeon explained.

 

“Especially when you told us about my secret relationship with Jonghyun before.” Yoona added.

 

Hyoyeon continued, “However, it’s not easy for us to just accept it. But still, we want to believe that Seohyun is really just around.”

 

“She is!” Yonghwa exclai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter