Chapter 4: She's dead?

I'm in Love with a Ghost
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4

 

“Yonghwa Hyung... Iced Americano?” Jungshin asked as they both sat across each other on a coffee shop. 

 

Yonghwa just nodded. They met after work and for the last two hours, Yonghwa was just spacing out. He kept thinking how his life has become a total mess for the past three months. It was a whirlwind. Problems with his family, unresolved business issues, his fiancee left him, he was kicked out of their house and now, a strange woman keeps on appearing on his apartment.

 

“Oh! Soojung-i...” Jungshin waved his hand. 

 

“Annyeong...” Krystal greeted the two. She sat on the empty seat beside Yonghwa whose mind is still somewhere else.

 

“What do you want Soojung?”

 

“Mmm... I’ll just have one non-fat frappuccino.” She said. “And please Jungshin Oppa, it's Krystal. Okay?" She emphasized and immediately gets her mirror to check her make-up.

 

Jungshin rolled his eyes. “Fine. By the way, where’s your boyfriend?”

 

“Still at the hospital. He said he’s extending two more hours of duty.” Krystal answered. “He’s really hardworking you know.” 

 

“Ya! How can you say that to my face?” Jungshin whined. “Are you saying that only Minhyuk is hardworking? Do you know that I’m also working hard as a pilot?"

 

“Fine Oppa. Anyway... What’s up?” Krystal asked. Then looked at the two simultaneously.

 

“Can’t you sound more professional?” Jungshin complained.

 

“I wanted to but I’m not charging Yonghwa Oppa for this session. I also don’t even understand why Minhyuk Oppa asked me to do this."

 

Yonghwa stayed silent.

 

“Oppa. Yonghwa Oppa!” Krystal raised her voice. “Are you listening? Tell me what happened.”

 

Though Yonghwa was a bit hesitant to share, but since they’re his friends, he might just give it a try. Then the ‘session’ began. Yonghwa tried to explain to Jungshin and Krystal what is happening.

 

After listening, Jungshin clears his throat and sip from his capuccino, put on his earphones and carried on with his life. What he just heard is ridiculous. He wants to hide at this moment out of embarassment on Yonghwa's behalf.

 

“What’s that, a ghost?” Jungshin whispered, and hid is little evil grin.

 

Krystal looked at Yonghwa, studying his face. She’s a psychiatrist but hearing this kind of thing from Yonghwa is just unbelievable. Then she tries to compose herself and act professionally, "Okay Oppa...I'll prescribe you this medicine and you can--"

 

“Wait a minute.” Yonghwa halted. “What do you mean, medicine? I’m not crazy, okay? I won’t take any medicine.”

 

“But you’re probably suffering from depression. All the things you’re saying are just your imagination and just a result of the breakdown that you went through because of what happened between you and Shinhye Unnie. Come on, Oppa..this is just--"

 

“No! I’m not depressed. I am not imagining things. I swear, I know that I saw! She even disappeared right in front of my eyes." Yonghwa raised his voice. "Now if you don't believe me, then fine. Think whatever you want to think. I may sound crazy, but I swear I'm telling the truth." He immediately stood up and stomped the chair, leaving the two behind.

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

“I swear I really saw that woman. It’s not my imagination. I saw her not being able to hold the phone and disappearing right in front of my eyes. I'm not crazy." Yonghwa mumbled to himself as while drives off to go back to his apartment.

 

He thought that if the woman appears again, he will just ignore her. But really, he’s starting to get confused too. He wants to know why that woman keeps on appearing. Who is she?

 

Then his phone rang.

 

“Hello?” Yonghwa answered his phone when the stop light turns red.

 

“Sir, I tried getting information about the previous tenant.” Jaejin said on the other line.

 

“Then, what? What did you get?”

 

“Well, I talked to the other tenants occupying the units on the other floor. Apparently, they really don’t know much about the previous tenant because she comes home late and goes to work very early. She doesn't have friends except for some girls who visit her apartment every now and then. The tenants said that they are very private people and do not mingle much with others.”

 

“When did the previous tenant leave the apartment?”


“They said they last saw the tenant like 3-4 months ago. It was last month when the owner is opening the unit for rent again because the previous tenant might not be coming back."

 

"Why?"

 

Jaejin clears his throat, “Well.. Sir, the owner of the building actually wants to keep the lives of h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter