Chapter 12: Who do you think you're fooling?

I'm in Love with a Ghost
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 12

 

 

“Oh yes, yes...” Hyoyeon exclaimed. “Come in.”

 

Seohyun wanted to jump to Hyoyeon and give her a tight hug. When she still wasn’t living in her own apartment, she and Hyoyeon were roommates, and they really take good care of each other. Now, regardless of whether she's near her Unnie or not, she cannot notice her.

 

“Dr. Kang gave us a call and told us about you... We were actually wondering why and who you really are." Hyoyeon said as she pours tea on the cup for Yonghwa and Jonghyun. "So... this is about Seohyun?" 

 

“Yes.” Yonghwa said calmly. “I’m Yonghwa, by the way.” Yonghwa stood up again from the couch, “And this is my best friend, Jonghyun... he came with me because I really don't know the way around this area."

 

They shook hands and relaxed themselves again.

 

“Well,” Hyoyeon started, “The other girls are not here. Some of them are at work. Only Tiffany and I are here at home.” 

 

Tiffany walked outside the room when she heard from Hyoyeon that the visitors are here already. “You’re the one at the hospital, right?" She pointed at Yonghwa.

 

“Yes.” 

 

“So, you know Seohyunnie?” 

 

“Tell them that we know each other... Tell them anything that would make them believe you.” Seohyun whispered as she sits beside Yonghwa.

 

“We know each other.” Yonghwa followed what Seohyun told him. “It’s a long story. I’ve met Seohyun somewhere. But, I’d like to get this straight."

 

The girls and even Jonghyun are listening intently. 

 

“I’m here to ask you not to sign the papers. The papers that would end the life support of Seohyun.” Yonghwa said bluntly. “I know it's strange for me to tell you this... especially that you don't know me. But please, I'm begging you. Don't sign it."

 

The two were left speechless. And on Jonghyun’s mind, he pities his Hyung for looking so pathetic. Although they are friends, right now, he thinks that his Hyung really needs psychiatric help. He's really going crazy, Jonghyun thought.

 

“But...” Hyoyeon stuttered in confusion. She glanced at Tiffany who is equally bewildered as her, “But why? I mean, why are you saying all of these to us?"

 

That made Yonghwa lost his words. 

 

“Just...just trust me. I know you don’t know me, but please. Seohyun will live. She has to live. She can survive, so don’t ever take out that life support."

 

The two girls exchanged glances. 

 

Hyoyeon stood up and avoided eye contact with Yonghwa. Tiffany just looked down. Hyoyeon went to the kitchen slowly and poured a glass of water in the kitchen. 

 

After a sip, “Yonghwa-ssi...” Hyoyeon called him softly, “We don’t know who you are but really, thank you for your concern about Seohyunnie..." She said, "But it's too late."

 

“Too late? What, what..do, what do you mean it’s too late?” Yonghwa stuttered worriedly.

 

“We actually come into an agreement to sign the papers.” Tiffany said sadly. “They’re actually going to take out the life support tomorrow morning. Dr. Kang might be receiving the signed papers any minute by now."

 

“No..no..that can’t happen.” Yonghwa was flustered. He stood on the couch in frustration. “You can’t do that.”

 

“Hyung...” Jonghyun stood beside him and held his shoulder, “Calm down.”

 

Yonghwa immediately looked at Seohyun who is sitting on the couch, listening to everything they are all talking about. He saw Seohyun, breathing harder. Looking so defeated and hopeless.

 

“We really don’t want to do this, Yonghwa-ssi... But we all felt that Seohyun might really be struggling. It’s a persistent coma and the doctors said that her vital signs are fluctuating every single day." Hyoyeon said in tears. "We can't help looking at Seohyun struggling inside anymore."

 

“No! You should not have signed it.” Yonghwa raised his voice a little.

 

“Yong...” Seohyun called him softly. “Stop it. It’s no use.”

 

“No Hyun.. I can’t let this happen.” He whispered.

 

Seohyun got worried. She knows what he will do.

 

“Yong, no. Don’t tell them. Please.” Seohyun begged him. 

 

But Yonghwa ignored her and for the first time, he didn’t follow her nagging. “I can see Seohyun.”

 

Tiffany and Hyoyeon exchanged glances again. In shocked more than ever. 

 

“I’m sorry...” Jonghyun butted in. “Yonghwa Hyung is just, is just stressed out. Don’t mind him.” He tried to save Yonghwa’s craziness. He can't let his friend look like a fool in front of these women.

 

But Yonghwa insisted, “I can see Seohyun. Right now.”

 

“What, what do you mean?” Tiffany asked in confusion.

 

“Yong stop it!” Seohyun continues to nag at him. Jonghyun also is trying to stop him from saying anything further. 

 

Yonghwa continued, “She’s here. Right now. She’s right beside me. She can see and hear us. Her spirit is here. She’s alive!” 

 

Seohyun looked here Unnies and she knows that look. She knows that they are doubting Yonghwa. It hurts to hear her from her Unnies that they already signed the papers. But she knows that they are tired already too.

 

But to her surprise, what hurts her more is seeing Yonghwa so pathetic, begging in front of people that he doesn’t know just

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter