Chapter 16: Thoughts and Images

I'm in Love with a Ghost
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 16

 

Sunny visited Seohyun at the apartment and checks if she's doing okay after her one week release from the hospital.

 

“What are you doing here?” Sunny crossed her arms on her chest and raised a brow when she answered the person who rang the doorbell.

 

Kyuhyun came to Seohyun’s apartment, hoping that he can talk to her.

 

“I just want to--”

 

“No. You can’t see Seohyun. You can’t go near her, Kyuhyun!” Sunny exclaimed. 

 

Seohyun heard it while she was cooking breakfast in the kitchen. She slowly walked out.. “Sunny Unnie, it’s okay. Let him in. I’ll be fine." Seohyun said.

 

Rolling her eyes and letting out a deep sigh, Sunny let Kyuhyun in and sat on the couch, guarding them as they talk. 

 

Kyuhyun kept his head down, embarrassed and nervous to talk to Seohyun. He clears his throat and approached Seohyun.

 

“Seohyun...” He said in a whisper. “I just want to say that I’m--”

 

“You’re sorry?” Seohyun cut him off. She didn’t look at him and doesn’t intend to see his face. “I’m not going to say that what you did was okay but I guess I have no choice but to accept, right?" Seohyun answered sarcastically while she continues to cook.

 

“I’m really sorry, Seohyun. Everything went by so fast. I didn’t mean to hurt you. I was supposed to tell you earlier before you saw us. I've been planning to tell you. But...I was too late. I'm sorry. I'm really sorry."

 

Seohyun tries to compose herself. She blinks continuously to control her emotions, “I just don’t want to see you anymore, Kyuhyun Oppa. I think ignoring each other would be the best for the both of us." Seohyun explained.

 

Kyuhyun sighed with guilt, “I’m really sorry...” he said out of breath. “Shinhye and I are really sorry...believe it or not, we never intend to fall for each other.."

 

“But it happened.” Seohyun said. They were silent for a while. “I hope this is the last time I’ll see you Kyuhyun Oppa.” Seohyun added.

 

"Leave, Kyuhyun..." Sunny butted in. 

 

Kyuhyun sighed and with heavy footsteps, he walks out of the apartment.

 

When the door was closed already, Sunny walked towards Seohyun and they hugged, not saying a single word.

 

Shinhye...Shinhye? Shinhye... That name keeps on repeating on Seohyun’s mind. Have I heard it before? Have I always known that that's the name of the lawyer? Where did I hear it? Seohyun thought, recalling how Kyuhyun mentioned Shinhye's name.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“Sir, dinner’s ready.” One of the maids knocked on Yonghwa’s room to call him.

 

He’s back to the mansion. He spends most of his time in his room. As he stares at the high ceiling on his room, realizing how big their house is. But still, he prefers to stay at the apartment no matter how small it is.

 

“Alright. I’ll come down in a while.” Yonghwa answered but actually unwilling to come down and eat dinner. 

 

Until he turns his head and looks at the framed photo on the desk beside his bed.

 

One week ago...

 

“Yonghwa-ssi...” 

 

Yonghwa directly bowed to greet the woman who called him, who just got out of the room. “Annyeonghaseyo, Hyoyeon-ssi...”

 

“What are you doing here outside?”

 

Instead of answering, he lowers his head and stares at his moving feet like a little child. Actually, Hyoyeon knew why... She just wanted to ask. They always see Yonghwa outside the room, like guarding it but never had the courage to get inside.

 

He just stayed outside the room of Seohyun and sits on the one of the chairs facing the door. He directly went to the hospital after his work.

 

“Are you here to see her?” Hyoyeon asked softly.

 

Biting his lower lip, obviously nervous, “Can I?” Yonghwa asked. 

 

Hyoyeon smiled a little and nodded her head. She led Yonghwa to another room. It’s where Seohyun is being checked up for the last time by the doctors. Through the little glass portion on the door, Yonghwa peeked to see Seohyun.

 

Seohyun’s hair was tied in a bun, and still very pretty. She was listening intently to the doctor. Like she was being given instruction for her recovery. She smiles brightly and she looks better and healthier.

 

Yonghwa steps back and just nodded his head, “Thank you.” He told Hyoyeon. He felt satisfied seeing that Seohyun is well.

 

“I tried to ask her about you but...”

 

“It’s okay. It’s okay...” Yonghwa said under his breath. “It’s enough that I see her smiling now. Thank you Hyoyeon-ssi...” 

 

“Were you informed that she’s coming back to the apartment?” Hyoyeon asked as they walk back to Seohyun’s room. 

 

“Yes. My secretary told me this morning. Don’t worry, I’ll clean the apartment and bring all my stuff out before she comes back. I’ll make sure it will be the exact same apartment she left." Yonghwa said.

 

“Thank you.” Hyoyeon said. 

 

Before Hyoyeon enters the room, Yonghwa stopped him. 

 

“Hyoyeon-ssi, I actually bought fruits and flowers for Seohyun.” 

 

“Oh, that’s so thoughtful of you... Come inside first, you can place it on the table near her bed.” 

 

They went inside the room where Tiffany and Taeyeon are also present. They exchanged greetings formally. Yonghwa placed the basket of fruits and flowers on the table.

 

Before coming out of the room, Yonghwa turned his gaze once again on the photos on the stand. He remembered Seohyun mentioning him about her Unnies and enumerated their names happily when she remembered them.

 

“Do you like it?” Tiffany asked Yonghwa with her eye smile when she saw Yonghwa touching one of the framed photo. 

 

Yonghwa just smiled as he stared at the picture. “She’s really very beautiful here. And she looks so happy.” He commented. 

 

“Would you like to have it?” Hyoyeon butted in.

 

Yonghwa was startled with Hyoyeon’s offer and turned to her immediately. 

 

“You can have it. I’m sure Seohyun can print another one of that. She has lots of pictures in New York, anyway.” 

 

Yonghwa was more than happy to have the framed photo. It was the picture of Seohyun with the Statue of Liberty at the background. 

***

He unconsciously smiled as he stared at the photo. As much as he doesn’t want to eat dinner, he suddenly thought of Seohyun’s nagging, telling him to eat proper meals. With that thought, he immediately got up to eat his dinner.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________ 

 

“Maknae!!!” Yoona and Sooyoung greeted Seohyun as they open the door of the apartment, finding Seohyun peacefully sitting on the couch, reading a book.

 

“Oh, Unnie... What are you doing here?” Seohyun greeted them back with a hug. 

 

The two energetic girls stared at each other happily, “Everybody’s out and they have work, so we both decided to visit you tonight since we're free. How about we go out for some snacks?" Sooyoung suggested.

 

“Snacks? It’s almost midnight, Unnie.” Seohyun said while chuckling.

 

“Aish, Maknae, stop being so health-freak. You need energy since you just got out from the hospital. Come on, one sandwich ice cream won't harm you." Yoona said. 

 

“Palli!” Sooyoung changed the topic, “Let’s get out and eat. Come on!”

 

Seo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter