Chapter 3: What is happening to me?

I'm in Love with a Ghost
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3

 

Yonghwa, slowly got up, put on his slippers, and carefully walked around the apartment. 

 

“Hello?” He wandered his eyes around, hoping he would find the woman who suddenly disappeared like a thin air. “Hello?” He repeated but he only heard the echo of his voice. "That's weird." He mumbled to himself.

 

He continuously blinks his eyes, thinking what just happened. “Right.” He said. “Was I really that drunk last night?”

 

He told himself that it's best to get outside of the apartment and hang out with this friends. He picked up his phone and was about to dial it to call one of the boys, but he halted.

 

He looked at the screen of his phone, in there is a picture of him and Shinhye, smiling. All he can do is to shake his head, and for the nth time, anger is stirring up inside him. Everytime he thinks about that painful night he had with Shinhye, he can't help but be mad about it.

 

“No. I should move on.” He told himself. And deleted the picture.

 

Next, taking a shower would be the best thing to do to cool down. 

 

Having his body fully rejuvenated again from shower, Yonghwa grabbed his towel and cover his lower torso. He looked at his face in front of the mirror and see how messy he looks.

 

“I need to start fixing myself again.” Yonghwa muttered. 

 

“Oh, that’s a really nice brand of shave cream.” Seohyun suddenly appeared in front of the mirror.

 

“AAAHH!” Yonghwa was startled. But when he turned around, Seohyun isn’t there.

 

“No. No. What is happening to me?” Yonghwa mumbled and hurriedly went out of the bathroom and put on his clothes. 

 

It was the third ring before Minhyuk finally answered the phone.

 

“Hyung?” Minhyuk answered.

 

“Where are you?” Yonghwa asked. 

 

After conversing with some patients that Yonghwa can hear from the other line, “I’m in the hospital, Hyung. I’m on duty.” Minhyuk answered.

 

“I’ll go there. Wait for me.” 

 

“But--”

 

And even before Minhyuk can finish talking, Yonghwa hanged the phone up and rushed in leaving the apartment.

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

While drinking his iced Americano, Yonghwa walks back and forth the rooftop, still bewildered of what is happening to him. 

 

“Hyung...” Minhyuk finally arrived at the rooftop.

 

“What took you so long?” Yonghwa said impatiently.

 

Minhyuk approached him and they sat on the bench, while both drinking their coffee. “I have to attend to a patient, Hyung. I’m sorry. I have just an hour break. What's up? Why did you come here?"

 

For a few seconds, Yonghwa was just staring at his cup, thinking of what to say next. 

 

“So what now, Hyung?” Minhyuk asked when Yonghwa sat there silently. 

 

“Minhyuk-ah...” Yonghwa hesitantly started, but he knows he should let this out. “I kind of... seeing someone.”

 

“Ohhh! That’s good. That’s what we’re talking about. You really should start going out again, Hyung. Remember when we want you to meet someone and you---"

 

“No. No.” Yonghwa continuously held his hand and gestured in disagreement. “That’s not what I meant Minhyuk..” 

 

“Then, what do you mean?”

 

“I’m seeing someone...who seems to be not really present.” Yonghwa tried to explain.

 

“Huh?” Minhyuk covered Yonghwa’s neck with his palm, then on checks his forehead too, “Are you sick?” 

 

“No! I’m not. I wish I am. But... I just don’t get it.” 

 

Still with questioning eyebrows, Minhyuk turned to Yonghwa, “Okay, Hyung. Calm down, just tell me what happened.” 

 

Yonghwa sighed. “I saw this woman twice, in my new apartment.” 

 

“Okay wait... Hyung, there is other ways than those excuses if your really don’t want to pay for the rental of an apartment. You can just talk to your Father and--"

 

“Minhyuk-ah!” Yonghwa cut in. “Why would I do such a lame excuse? Do you think I’m the type who’ll joke as stupid as that if it weren't true?"

 

Examining Yonghwa’s face, Minhyuk tries hard to grasp what his Hyung is actually telling him. “Okay... Okay... Were you drunk when that happened?"

 

“I drank a few cans before I slept. Then when I woke up, she was there. And then the next thing I know, she suddenly disappeared. Then a while ago, I saw her reflection in the mirror..and Aaargh! I don't know anymore!"

 

Minhyuk looked at his friend, trying to understand what is happening and if he’s saying something that makes sense. Honestly, he’s confused too. Yonghwa never says anything nonsen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter