Chapter 5: Annoyed

I'm in Love with a Ghost
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 5

 

 

Still with all the heavy make-up from attending a fashion show to check on the models she is mentoring, Tiffany walked inside the hospital, with heavy eyes and an obvious-tired-face.

 

Slowly, she opened the door on one of the private rooms on the 9th floor.

 

“How is she?” Tiffany placed the basket of fruits on the right side of the hospital bed.

 

Hyoyeon slowly shook her head, staring sadly at the woman lying on bed. “Still no progress. The doctor said her vital signs have not improved since then."

 

The two just stared at their friend. Soon, all their six other friends came one by one and took turns in taking care of Seohyun.

 

Some of them sleep in the hospital if schedules allow it, and some bring clothes to one another to change when one is scheduled to stay with Seohyun.

 

Taeyeon went inside the room, “Girls, the doctor is here.”

 

The eight girls took their places and surround the doctor in silence, ready to listen to what he is about to say. 

 

“I have to be bold,” The doctor started, “Miss Seo’s vital signs have been fluctuating for the last three days. And I would also like to remind you that it has already been three months and one week to be exact since the accident. It's a long time already. So, I want you to talk about and consider what I told you last month about the life support. Of course the decision is still yours, but I want you all to know the real condition. Surely, we are hoping for the best but we also need prepare for the worst."

 

After giving a few more details about the condition, the doctor went out of the room and all eight girls remained silent. No one knows what to say.

 

“Why should this happen to our maknae? Seohyun doesn’t deserve this.” Yuri said as she combs Seohyun’s hair with her fingers.

 

“She has always been hardworking and very loving.” Jessica added. “It pains to see her lying on the bed like this. I’m sure she’s struggling inside."

 

When the other eight found out that Seohyun had a car accident, they were all so devastated. They haven’t been able to focus on their respective works, thinking of their precious maknae. Aside from the stress on their jobs, what makes their everyday life difficult is holding on to their hopes that Seohyun would recover.

 

“Her students miss her.” Sooyoung said. Sooyoung is a teacher in acting, while Seohyun is their head coach in theater. “They said it's never the same without their Coach Seohyun."

 

“What should we do?” Sunny asked. “The doctor has been reminding us about the life support since last month.”

 

Taeyeon sighed. “Actually, the doctor told me that he’s reminding us because of the money that we’re paying for something uncertain."

 

“Something uncertain?” Hyoyeon suddenly stood up. “No. That’s not true! Seohyun will recover. We have money to sustain the life support. We will not give her up." She said, almost raging in anger.

 

“What if this not about money anymore?” Taeyeon said. “What if this is about Seohyun’s welfare already? What if she’s already struggling too much?" She asked logically.

 

Hyoyeon let out an angered sigh, “Welfare? You think that ending her life is for her welfare?” She almost shouted.

 

Sooyoung stood up, “Hey..hey, wait girls.. Please. Let’s not fight about this.” She said as she stops the two girls from the tension that is building up. "You know that Seohyun doesn't want us fighting. Look, we are all tired and maybe we can talk about this when we can think clearly. Please... let's not fight."

 

“Let’s ask for another opinion. Let’s ask for another doctor about this.” Jessica suggested. 

 

They were silent again for a few minutes. 

 

Yoona sat beside Seohyun’s bed and looked at her face. “Can she hear us now?” Yoona asked innocently, while caressing Seohyun’s arms.

 

“I’m sure she does.” Sunny answered. “She should! Seohyunnie is tough. She never stops to fight. And I’m sure she’s also fighting to be strong now."

 

Tiffany sat on the other side of the bed and patted Seohyun’s hair continuously with a cracking voice, “Seohyunnie... Please wake up already... we've been waiting for you." She said softly.

 

And the other girls slowly walk out as they don’t want to cry again. Every time they try to talk to Seohyun who is in a coma for months already, they can't control their emotions, and start to cry instantly sometimes.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“Come on! Give me a break!” Yonghwa shouted when he slides the bathroom curtain, only to find out that Seohyun is there, calmly leaning on the wall. "Do you relaly have to follow me here?"

 

“I’m not following you!” Seohyun said.

 

“Then what are you doing here? Come on, Seohyun-ssi..” Yonghwa said as he dries his hair, “I told you, things will be easier when you follow the light! You should just go there peacefully!"

 

They have been arguing for a week. And Yonghwa got used to this ghost suddenly appearing in the apartment. Still, Seohyun is insisting that she is not dead, while Yonghwa is insisting that she is. So they just agree to disagree since they just end up arguing every time they talk about it.

 

Yonghwa tries to just watch TV. 

 

“Oh..” Seohyun commented and then she laughed so hard. “The guy is so funny and he even--”

 

Yonghwa changed the channel.

 

Seohyun become more excited. “Wow. It looks so mouth-watering. Have you tasted that?” She exclaimed. "Waa... I wish I can also cook like that and.." 

 

Yonghwa changed the channel again. Then another comment from Seohyun. Then again, again and again.

 

“Seohyun-ssi!!!” Yonghwa stood up in anger and threw the remote control. “Can’t you...” He controls his anger, he knows it's still not good to di

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter