Chapter 8: The Date

I'm in Love with a Ghost
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 8

 

 

“Going somewhere?” Seohyun asked first thing in the morning when she appeared in the apartment. 

 

Yonghwa was packing his things up inside his little luggage. “My Father called me and asked me to attend the convention in Macau this afternoon since he can't attend." He said as he continues to pack his things up. "It's a sudden notice that's why I wasn't aware of it."

 

Seohyun pouted her lips sadly as she looks at Yonghwa packing up. 

 

Then Yonghwa paused when he noticed Seohyun just stands still. He saw her curving her lips. Then he sighed, “I’m sorry. I know I told you that I will help you search about who you are, but this is urgent. Let's just start searching when I get back, okay?"

 

She just slowly nodded her head. “Okay...” She answered sadly.

 

It’s been a month since the last time they agreed to help Seohyun find out who she is. But Yonghwa is always busy and had no time to really help.

 

When he finished packing up, he puts on his gray coat. But even before he motions to leave out of the apartment, he saw Seohyun at the porch, hugging herself while looking at the city view.

 

His footsteps start to become heavy. When Yonghwa holds the doorknob to turn it and was about to go out, he stopped. 

 

“Seohyun-ah...” He called her out. 

 

Seohyun turned around, “Ne?”

 

Yonghwa sighed and paused for a moment before saying, “Do you like to come with me?”

 

And slowly, Seohyun’s lips bade him a wide smile, “Really? To Macau?” She asked happily.

 

“Well...only if you want to.” 

 

Seohyun immediately nodded happily.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“Make sure the seat beside me is empty, okay?” Yonghwa instructed Jaejin who is getting his business class boarding pass. Seohyun just happily followed him.

 

When they were inside the airplane, Yonghwa gave Seohyun the seat beside the window. Jaejin, Yonghwa’s secretary, was wondering the sudden changes about his boss because he knows Yonghwa always chooses the window seat. But now, he leaves it 'empty'.

 

“Seohyun-ah...” Yonghwa whispered. “I have a favor.”

 

“What is it?”

 

Yonghwa clears his throat, “Refrain from talking to me when there are people around, okay? Because I really look like crazy to them.” 

 

Seohyun chuckled. “Ahrasseo. I’ll behave when we get to Macau. Mmm... By the way, what will I do while you’re on the convention?”

 

“Just wait for me. I think it’s not going to be that long.” 

 

Arriving at the Macau Airport, Yonghwa tucked his hands inside the pockets of his coat because of the cold weather. It’s been a long time since he last went to another country. Since it's a convention, he knows it's going to be a tiring and a long day.

 

Seohyun gaped when they went outside the airport.

 

“Hyun...” Yonghwa turned back and whispered, “What are you doing there? Come on. Let’s go.” 

 

“Ah..ne..” Seohyun was amazed when she saw a black limousine picking up Yonghwa. She realized only now how rich Yonghwa is. Seeing him at the apartment, sometimes, makes her forget what she heard from his friends that Yongwa is a chaebol.

 

Seohyun wanders her eyes outside the window while they were on their way to the hotel. She finds herself smiling at how beautiful Macau is.

 

“Uhm...I thought your Father appointed you as a regular employee? How come you are being given this treatment?” Seohyun asked innocently.

 

Yonghwa was busy checking the reports in his laptop. He chuckled, “Well for this trip, I’m back to being his son for now.” He looked at Seohyun and smiled like a child.

 

“So...” Seohyun moves closer and whispered, “This is the real Jung Yonghwa? This is how they truly treat you before your father threw you out?"

 

And Yonghwa laughed inside at the words 'threw you out' and continued with his reports. 

 

Seohyun looks at Yonghwa carefully, then she thought of the security at the airport, the limousine, the expensive suit he is wearing... He looks different from the man she sees everyday at the apartment... he's just an annoying, arrogant man, who doesn't eat proper meals but makes himself full with coffee, who plays guitar endlessly in his room, who is a choding everytime he teases her... Today, he really looks different... but different in a good way.

 

“Sir, we’re here.” Jaejin opened the door for Yonghwa when they arrived at the Venetian Macau Hotel where they will stay at and where the convention is going to be held.

 

Seohyun’s eyes continue to wander around the hotel. It’s just so majestic and she feels that they are in a palace. 

 

Then something caught Seohyun’s attention. She stopped when she saw a poster. When she read it, she grinned widely. It’s a musical play 'Sound of Music'. She follows the people on the line and passes through the door.

 

“This is the advantage of being a ghost...I don’t need to pay my ticket.” Seohyun mumbled to herself and chuckled when she was already inside the broadway hall. And since there are no more empty seats, she sat on the floor, right in front of the stage.

 

Meanwhile, Yonghwa was led by his staff inside the convention hall when he turned his head left and right. 

 

“Sir?” Jaejin asked. “Is there something wrong? Did you lose something?”

 

“Uhm..” Yonghwa continued to search. Where is Seohyun? He thought. 

 

“Sir, where are you going?” Jaejin stopped Yonghwa when he saw him leaving the hall. “The convention is about to start, Sir. You have to be on your seat now."

 

Yonghwa wanted to look for Seohyun outside. Where is she? But the staff called him and led him to his place to begin the convention.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Seohyun starts to sing along the play. She enjoys it so much like a little girl who is so engrossed in listening to a fairy tale. When the play ended, she goes with the crowd to leave.

 

“Oh...” She mumbled to herself when she realized that she’s been away from Yonghwa. “Ottoke? Where am I?” She searches back and forth.

 

Yonghwa rushed outside the hall after the two-hour convention and starts to look for Seohyun. 

 

“Sir, are you going to eat with the board members or do you want to have your food just delivered in your room?” Jaejin asked.

 

“Just have it sent to my room.” Yonghwa answered with his head turning left and right. “I’ll just see you later, Jaejin-ah." He walked faster and left his secretary who is still asking him other things.

 

Both of them are searching the crowded hotel. There are so many people that they both don’t know where they are already. Yonghwa is feeling desperate already. What if she disappears? What if her spirit goes somewhere else and she can't control it? He thought worriedly.

 

“Aish! I should have kept my eye on her.” Yonghwa mumbled to himself. He continued to walk around, he is stretching his neck up, trying to look at every person that passes by.

 

Seohyun was biting her nail, worriedly walking. She knows she’s lost and she doesn’t know how to go to the hall where Yonghwa had his convention. She desperately wants to ask people around her, but of course, no one sees her.

 

Then after thirty minutes, Yonghwa sighed and closed his eyes in relief when he entered the entertainment facility part of the hotel.

 

“Hyun...” He approached and called her.

 

Seohyun turned around and smiled with tearful eyes. “Yonghwa-ya!” She exclaimed and ran to him. “Oh...” She gestured of embracing him but her arms just passed through. She bowed her head sadly, "I'm sorry I got lost."

 

“Where have you been?” Yonghwa asked. 

 

“There’s this stage play and I can’t help but watch it. I’m sorry. I told you I’ll behave but I really can’t miss the play. I’m really sorry." Seohyun explained.

 

“You really like stage plays, huh? At least, our first clue about you is proven today.” Yonghwa said postively.

 

Seohyun smiled shyly. 

 

Yonghwa sighed. “But really... I was so worried about you. I thought I’ll lose you.” 

 

That sentence made Seohyun looked at him in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter