☁ B a c k T o T h e F u t u r e

✡ A Thousand Years — Time Travel
chapter five
 
5.1: medicine
08-01-3015 | 02:00PM 

Silently, Genevy sneaked past the living room and up the stairs. Not wanting to alert any unwanted attention from the owner of the house, she tried her best to be as quiet as she could be. Despite her reluctance, she had no choice but to return to this isolated huge mansion instead of her cozy one. Sulking, she can't help it but to wonder why would anyone make such an unreasonable request. What good would it give him if I were to stay here with him for three months?

Dragging her tired body, the girl made a bee line back to her designated room. The corridor seemed to be even longer than the first day she came. Looking at all the identical closed doors she was passing by, she was exasperated. Why does he even need so many rooms and such a big house if he's staying here alone? After what seemed like endless walking, Genevy finally saw something different. An opened door.

Making her way to the semi opened door, she peeked inside the room in curiousity. The room looks bigger than her whole house back at home. Closing her dropped jaw, she carefully scanned the room with her sparkling eyes. It totally looks like those kind of room that the rich guys in novels would have!
 
That was when she caught sight of a man sitting by the huge bed, trying to apply medicine to his injured hand. Genevy was some distance away, but from what she could see, it did seem like a huge cut. Scrunching her face, she straightened her back, and began her way back to her own room. Tsk, serves him right. He need some punishment for his bad temper.

Down a few more doors, she came face to face with a tray of bottles and some bandages outside her bedroom door. She frowned, what are these?

Bending down to take a better look at the contents of the tray, she found herself staring at bottles of medicines for sprained ankles. Suprised, she wondered who could have been the one to put those medicines there. I've never seen, and I highly doubt, anyone else lives here other than the total douche... But it can't possibly be him! He would never be so nice to get me medicine.

Clearing her thoughts, she decided to just bring the tray in and think about the questions later. Placing the tray on the table, she began treating her sprained ankle. It has been quite some time since she sprained it, and it was already healing by itself, but a little medicine wouldn't hurt. Sighing, she can't help it but to think that the guy she lablled as jerk and douche was really the one who provided her with these medicines. He must have seen me limping that day...

All of a sudden, Genevy felt bad for leaving him to struggle alone, trying to put on medicine for his wound. After a few minutes of inner struggle, ultimately she decided to check up on him. Slowly, the girl made her way back to the opened door down the corridor. Peeking in once again, nothing much has changed, except for the fact that he's now trying to get the bandage to wrap around his hand.

Seeing how he's clumsily trying to do a job she would deem as simple, Genevy sighed. A little too loudly perhaps. Because the next thing she saw, was the head of the guy shooting up and meeting eyes with her. Gulping, she blinked as innocently as she could, " I-I was just passing by. "

The boy frowned, " Oh. "

Genevy stepped away from the door and was about to return back to her room when she decided otherwise, " Do you need help? "


Her question caught him unprepared, but he quickly recovered, " No! Why would I need help? I'm totally good at this! "

Amused, Genevy nodded, " Okay. "

Looking at the back of the leaving girl, he suddenly felt regret, " I usually do this well, but... yeah, I think I need help. "

Embarrassed to have been caught unable to bandage himself, he avoided eye contact with the girl as he reluctantly agreed that he needed help. Genevy came forward and skillfully helped him with it. In about ten seconds, his injured hand was already warped up beautifully, much better than how he had been trying to do for the last ten minutes. " There. "

Clearing his throat, he asked, " Where have you been in the past few days? I didn't see you around. You don't have to lock yourself in your room you know. Make yourself at home. " He then quickly added, " Just don't 
ever enter that room again. "

Genevy nodded and they just stood there, awkwardly, for a few moments before he opened his mouth again, " Erm, you know t-that tray outside your door? My helper placed it there. It wasn't me. Just so you know. He's such a nice guy sometimes, really. "

The girl raised her eyebrows, " Oh. "

With that, he returned to his room and slammed the door behind him. Genevy mumbled to herself as she retreated back to her room, " So it wasn't him. "




 
 
5.2: orphanage
09-01-3015 | 04.00PM

" How's school? " XieNa asked the boy infront of her. Beaming, JunSu replied, " It was awesome! I made a lot of new friends and the teacher's really nice too! "

" Wah, our JunSu is such a brave boy! " She ruffled his hair and he giggled, " What do I get for surviving the first week of school? "

" Hmm, how about a kiss? " XieNa suggested as she puckled her lips and leaned in to kiss the boy. However, before her lips can reach the boy's cheek, a palm came rushing in to intercept the kiss.  " No! "

Both XieNa and JunSu looked up in shock to find a fuming Kai. XieNa then stood up and asked in anger, " What do you think you're doing? "

" What do you think you're doing? " He returned her the question, " Why would you ever want to kiss that... little punk? "

" What?! Where are your manners? Oh, wait, I forgot, you don't have any! "

" Well, I don't need any manners. But I can still get everything I want. Girls still flock to me without me having to do anything. " Smirking, he stated.

" Go home and kiss your cockiness. I don't have time for you. " XieNa turned around, took JunSu's hand and began pulling the five year old with her, " Let's go. "

" Yah! Wait for me. " Catching up with them, he prompted, " Don't you think this scene feels just like when we first met? "

" It's in no way similiar, okay! When we first met you were... " Remembering their first meeting, she couldn't even finish her sentence before she burst out laughing, " Hahahaha! You fell down the tree and fainted! "

" It's not that! Our first meeting was here in this orphanage. You were playing with this... kid that time too. "

" I don't ever remember seeing you here. And what were you even doing in an orphange though? You don't seem like the type that would want to come and play with the kids. "

" You don't seem like the type to either. " XieNa rolled her eyes as he continued, " Anyway, the tree incident was like our second meeting. " He then casually added, " Plus that was a staged meeting. "

" What do you mean staged meeting? "

" I followed you home an- "

" What?! You this ert! " XieNa couldn't believe her ears, " [English] You're the most ertic ert I've ever met in my entire life! "

Stunned at her sudden outburst of foreign language, he praised, " Wow. Your german is better than I thought! "

" That's english, stupid! "

" Well, then your english is good. "

" I don't think I can ever have a normal conversation with you this... this airhead! " The girl then stormed away, still holding onto JunSu's hand. 

" Noona, why are you two arguing? My teacher said friends shouldn't argue with each other. "

" JunSu ah, noona and that guy over there aren't friends, okay? " He's this stupid, cocky, self centered, flirty kinga. The more XieNa thought about him, the more angry she got. Clenching her fist, she cursed Kai under her breath. She wouldn't have known how angry she was until JunSu complained, " Noona! You're hurting my hand! "

" I'm so sorry! " She quickly apologized as she realised that she had grabbed his tiny hand a little too tightly, " Come here, I'll carry you, okay? "

She quickly picked the boy up from the grass and began rushing back into the building, leaving the annoying Kai behind. 

" Yah! Wait for me! "




 
 
5.3: song bird
10-01-3015 | 01.00PM

A sweet melodious voice fill the backyard as MinSeo sang her heart out while she carefully and gracefully hang the wet clothes up to dry.

" Wahh, noona is singing again! "

" Free concert! "

" Wait for me! "

The young children quickly rush forward to get themselves a good place on the grass patch. Well, the fun in 2015 is over, but at least she can still have fun here back in 3015. She smiled sweetly as her younger siblings settle down infront of her. She skips around the hanging pole in tune with the music, as the children gave their fullest attention to their oldest sister.

" Oh my gosh, noona you're so good! You can totally be a singer! " ChinHwa, aged 7, praised in his loudest voice possible, clapping his hands in excitement. The much taller girl beside him, YoungIl, 14, frowned at him, shooting him laser eyes, " Shut up will you. Just enjoy the music quietly. "

Shaking her head, she mumbled to herself, " This is why I hate kids. " 

The song was soon finished, and so was MinSeo's job. She took a polite bow as ChinHwa rushed up to give her a big bear hug, " You did such a good job, noona! "

YoungIl rolled her eyes as she patted herself clean before returning back to the little cottage that's much too small for a family of nine. In went YoungIl and out came their foster mother, with baby InSu strapped onto her back like always. " As expected from our songbird. "

The mother smiled endearingly at her oldest daughter, she had never once failed her. MinSeo have been doing so much for this family that the 57 year old was starting to feel guilty.

MinSeo returned a smile as she picked up the now empty basket, ready to start on her new chore. But before she could take another step forward, she felt a little tug on the hem of her sleeve, looking down, it's the adorable 4 year old SoonBok. Kneeling down to match her height, MinSeo asked, " What is it? "

" The song was really good! " Tiny SoonBok whispered into MinSeo's ear as she gave her two thumb's up. The action of her youngest sister cause her to beam involuntary, " Aigoo, thank you for your praise, SoonBok ah. "

Bright pink fills the 4 year old's check as MinSeo ruffled her hair. That was when the daily bell rings for lunch, " Come on in for lunch! "

The kids all rush in excitedly at the mention of food, and their mother quickly reminded, " Wash your hands first! Especially you, ChinHwa! Look at your hands, what did you even pla- be careful with that HyunAe! " Just in time, the falling plate was captured by the well trained lady. After 13 years of plate falling due to HyunAe's clumsiness, it's hard to even be not good at saving fallen plates. She then turn to her handy helper, " MinSeo ah, would you help me get ManYoung and Park Hyo from their room please? "

" Of course. " MinSeo smiled brightly, hapy to be of help, before she disappear up the tiny staircase, she heard her mother warn, " Be careful, Park Hyo seem to be in a bad mood today. "

Following her warnings, came YoungIl's rebuttal, " Since when was he not grumpy? "

The mother gave her second oldest daughter a look, " Don't say that YoungIl, that's not very nice. "

" You know it's true. Just like how it's not at all shocking that ManYoung is still sleeping like a pig at this time of the day. "

MinSeo smiled, she knew what her sister said was true, but guess what, she liked it like that. She loves her family members the way they are. She's the happiest with them by her side, and she knows she would never give up anything for them. It's another chaotic and busy day for her, but she's ready to face it, " Don't worry, umma! "

 




 
 
5.4: match make
11-01-3015 | 07.00PM 

" Hey Mizuki, are you done yet? The car's ready. " Mizuki's father called as he walked up the stairs and opened the door to Mizuki's room to see her sitting in front of the mirror with two ladies by her side, fussing about her hair and make up. " Why don't you just tell this two ladies here to stop and I'll be ready in a second. " She gave her father a sarcastic smile.

Her father sighed. " I just want you to look your best on such an important day! "

" Definitely not an important day for me~ " Mizuki smiled at her father as she picked up her bag and put her phone and keys in before walking out of the room, right pass her father. " Don't worry, I'm sure he'll like my excessive make up and over done hair. " She added.

Soon after, Mizuki was led to fancy room with extravagent furnishings. Her father held her back for a word before making the last turn. He gave her a serious look. " Remember, no violence. I don't want another wounded young man after you kicked the vice-president's son's shin last month. Make sure to act like a president's daughter, ok? "

Mizuki let out an amused laugh. " And how should the president's daughter act? " She didn't wait for her father to continue before turning to walk in, leaving her father to catch up with her.

Round the corner, she stood shocked as a handsome young man came forward to politely greet her and her father. " Nice to meet the both you, I'm Kai. " He gave a warm smile and extended his hand for a handshake with the president.

The president shook his hand and nodded his head, satisfied with the man his daughter was going to marry. He then motioned his daughter to introduce herself to her future groom. " I'm Mizuki. " The girl smiled diplomatically.

Kai stood politely infront of the two visitors as the older guy examine him thoroughly and Mizuki rolled her eyes at the behaviour he's putting up in front of her father.

" I'll get going then. Have a good time. " The president gave the youngsters a fatherly smile and his daughter a warning look before turning to leave. The two waited for her father to exit the room before taking down their masks.

" Wow, didn't know you're the president's daughter. " Kai gestured exaggerately before going back to his seat.

" And I would never have imagined you to be the son of the richest man in Asia. " Mizuki smiled as she settled in her seat across Kai.

The food was quickly served and the both of them started on their meal. " Hey, want to go to my house after this? I have a nice room. " Kai winked at Mizuki.

Mizuki let out a small laughter, amused by what she's hearing. " Cool, I'll just bring this knife here with me. " She gave him her special I-hate-you smile while holding on to knife she's using to cut her steak.

Kai return the amused laughter. " This sure is fun. I'll admit that you're cool. " He gave her two thumbs up. " But you're nowhere as good as XieNa. " He smirked.

" And so what are you doing here, going on a blind date with her friend? " She glared at Kai.

" The same reason you're here. " He took a sip of the wine. " We both aren't really on good terms with our dads I guess. " He shrugged.

Mizuki felt her glare soften. She sympathised with him. " Hey, about XieNa, she doesn't seem to like you very much. "

" I know right. " Kai gave a sad smile. " Even with all my chasing her around, she pretty much hates me. "

" That's because you're doing it all wrong! " Mizuki was about to give Kai a lesson on how to win girls when an idea surfaced and she paused, giving him a huge smile. " Let's make a deal. " She held her hand out for a handshake. " I'll help you with XieNa and you help me by pretending to be my boyfriend in front of my father. Deal? "

Kai grinned at the suggestion and took her hand without hesitation. " Deal! " He beamed and leaned forward eagerly. " Now, tell me everything I need to know about XieNa. "



 
 
5.5: the king
12-01-3015 | 07.00AM

Tapping her fingers on her table impatiently, Jane can't help it but to let her mind wander off to the boy she saved the other day - a thousand years ago. Fridgiting in her seat, she just couldn't focus on her lesson. Despite the fact that her body is already back in 3015, her mind was still in 2015.

As Jane was thinking about how to get away from 3015, someone, or two, had just arrived to 3015. Glancing around the corridor, JiHyun beamed. " Oh my god, we're back! "

He slowly pry his eyelids open, and what greeted his eyes was more than what he could ever imagined. " [Chinese] W-what is this place? "

" [Chinese] This 3015! This my home! " the girl excitedly explained. " Wah! I thought I could never come back again! "

Just then, the bell rang, indicating the first lesson of the day. Looking at the guy infront of her, JiHyun frowned. From the very tip of his hair to the very bottom of his toes, nothing seemed normal about him. Hurriedly, JiHyun pushed the king into the male's toilet, " [Chinese] Stay in there. I come back later for you! "

She then rushed to her classroom, dashed in through the back door and settled herself down on her seat. Luckily, the teacher was not there yet. If not she would have a whole lot of explaining to do, or lying if she needs to. As she tried to catch her breath from the run, she caught GoEun staring at her concernly. JiHyun quickly flash the girl a big toothy smile, assuring her that nothing was wrong.

GoEun returned her a worried smile before turning back to face the teacher who was now striding into the classroom. She let out a sigh of relief as sweat continued to pour down from her forehead. " Are you okay? "

" Huh? " Turning to the owner of the question, she came face to face with a handsome guy. He smiled and repeated, " Are you okay? You look like you just... ran a marathon. "

" Oh. " She nervously laughed, " I-I thought I was late. "

Coming up with an excuse, she tried to appear as normal as possible. Staring at the guy, she can't help it but to wonder if she went into the wrong class. Or maybe she sat at a wrong seat. Because from what she remembered, there wasn't anyone beside her in the previous lessson!

Seeing the puzzled look on the girl's face, he quickly put out his hand and introduced himself, " Hi, I'm Wu Yi Fan, you can call me Kris. "

" Oh. " She smiled, shaking his hand, " I'm Ahn JiHyun. "

" You must be the new student they talked about, if you need any help, just let me know. " He offered, " I'll try my best to help. "

" Oh. " She said for the third time in that short five minutes, " Thank you. "

" No problem. " Kris smiled, amused, " You seemed to have a habit of saying 'oh' infront of every sentence you say. "

" Oh- " JiHyun laughed, " I mean, why didn't I see you last lesson? "

" About that, I'll tell you about it next time. " He smiled charmingly at the girl before turning away to face the teacher who's now scribbling on the board relentlessly. And that was how the rest of the lesson went. Half of her was being worried about the king hidden in the toilet, half of her was being concious about the new handsome boy seated beside her, all while she was trying to concentrate on the lesson.

What was an hour, seemed like an eternity, finally passed and JiHyun quickly rushed out of the classroom to where she left the king. Bursting into the male toilet, she panted, " [Chinese] Emperor Ji Chang Wook! "

She immediately regretted her actions as all the eyes in the toilet turned to stare at her in disbelief. Red flushed her cheeks as she quickly apologised and slam the door closed. JiHyun mentally slapped herself as she scolded herself, " What were you thinking, Ahn JiHyun! "

" What are you doing here? " Kris's voiced forced her to compose herself, " Are you okay? You look very... embarrassed. "

" I-I'm fine. Just that I... " She paused for a while before showing him her best puppy eyes, " Can you do me a favour? "

" Depends on what is it. " The boy raised his eyebrows in amusement.

" Well, you see, I'm looking for this person who is wearing this long golden red robe with a golden crown. He have long hair and is slightly shorter than you. I think he's in the toilet, can you get him out for me, please? " JiHyun finished it in one breath as she cutely tapped her index fingers together.

He laughed, " He sounds like a pretty easy person to spot. Wait for me here. "

In he goes, and JiHyun impatiently paced around the corridor as she waited. It wasn't long before Kris came back out with a grin, " It doesn't seem like he's in there. "

" What? How is that possible! " She panicked, thinking about all the possible consequences that might happen if she lost the king just like that.

Trying to supress his grin, the boy suggested, " Why not try the drama club room? He sounds like he might be from there. "

" You think so? " JiHyun sadly pouted and he offered, " Come on, I'll bring you there. "

As they made their way to the drama club room, he couldn't help it but to smile to himself, which girl in the world would just burst into the male toilet like that? No wonder the guys in the toilet were so shocked.