☁ E x p l o r e

✡ A Thousand Years — Time Travel
chapter two
 
2.1: jealousy
06-01-2015 | 07.00AM 

" I'll miss you! " Mrs Yang gave Yoseob one last hug before getting into the car stationed outside their house. The girls waved goodbye to Yoseob's parents as the car drove away. Yoseob heave a sigh of relief, finally.

Yesterday was a disaster, at least to Yoseob. Jane was always poking her head around, looking for new things- on the walls, on the floor, under the mattresses, basically everywhere. MinSeo getting excited at every single thing- the tv, the handphones, the laptop, oh, and the air-conditioner.

Also, Mizuki and his mother conversing in japanese, with RyuRa joining in not long after - not a good idea. He needed to know what they were laughing about! He can't risk any weird secrets being revealed, especially when SoYoung seems to understand what they were talking about. He'll never know when that girl might spill all the time travelling thing out.

He was completely lost in between all the different languages used last night. His parents knew quite a decent number of languages after travelling around the world for business trips, but he couldn't hide the fact that he was shocked the girls knew so many different languages too.

Mr Yang attempted to start a conversation with Genevy, and once JiHyun saw how uncomfortable the girl got, she quickly jumped to her rescue. JaeKyung too, was always rushing around making sure the girls were well mannered and well behaved around the elders.

Not forgetting how XieNa actually brought her pet chameleon onto the dinning table, shocking the whole Yang family. Yoseob shook his head as he remembered the embarrasing moment. Well, at least it's all over! ... right?

" You guys need to go back to where you guys belong. "

JiHyun pouted, showing him her best puppy eyes, " Pleaseeeee~ Can we just stay for a while more? "

Yoseob sighed, refusing to give in to her aygeo, " Haven't you girls caused enough trouble here? "

The emptied fridge from feeding the hungry girls, the broken bowls caused by the shock XieNa's chameleon gave them, all the books dug out for Genevy to read, and the dustbin filled with Jane's sticky notes. SoYoung was about to rebut him when someone else beat her to it, " What trouble? "

Yoseob turned behind him to face the owner of the voice. Not giving him a chance to reply, she immediately added after seeing the bunch of girls in his living room, " Who are they?! What are they doing here? "

The nine girls stared at the tiny figure infront of them, her eyebrows frowned, with arms akimbo, lips pursed into a thin line. The boy sighed, " DaJung ah- "

" I don't care who they are! All of you get out now! How can you let girls into your house! " She angrily sniffed, tears threatening to come out any moment. Yoseob walked over to the girl and kneeled down to match her eye level, he frowned, " That's not the way you treat people older than you. "

" I don't care! Only I can be your girl friend! No one else! " She cried.

Shocked at the outburst of the young girl, JaeKyung quickly shoo-ed the girls out of the house. They made their way out of the front door, excusing themselves from the crying girl. It's probably better to leave them alone for now, staying there wouldn't help calm the girl down.

The seven-year-old girl slammed the door shut in their faces once they are out of the door, leaving them in shock outside the house. Not knowing what to do, the girls just stayed outside the house, waiting for Yoseob to allow them back in. It was taking longer than expected, and the girls were all getting bored. That was when, a brillant-but-not-so-brillant idea came to Mizuki's mind, " Should we go for a round of exploration? "




 
 
2.2: intrigued
06-01-2015 | 07.30AM

JaeKyung did not approved this. She knew this was not going to be a good idea. How could they go around exploring this unknown world without Yoseob? It's such a dangerous mission! Especially when they have absolutely no idea how this world works.

However, despite her disapproval, the girls were all too excited about Mizuki's idea, turning a deaf ear to their leader's concerns. Even MinSeo, the one JaeKyung knew she could always count on, didn't take her side.

Sighing, JaeKyung strolled down the streets with MinSeo following closely beside her, silently hoping that everything would go well.

" Wah, even the wind feels different here! " MinSeo giggled to herself as the breeze lightly shuffled their hair. Just as she was putting her hair back into place, a pretty dog came into her line of sight. Gasping, she couldn't help it but run towards the dog to get a better view.

" Wah! Such a pretty dog! " MinSeo beamed, carefully patting the beautiful creature infront of her. She had never seen a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel in real life before, much less petting one! Back in the 3000s, only the very rich could afford a pet like that. She gently it's soft fur, giving it a warm smile in return.

The owner of the dog stood there for a moment, shocked at the sudden appearance of the girl. It's been quite some time since he last saw someone so warm to his dog. She must be a really nice person. No one this good to a dog can really be a bad person.

MinSeo smoothed the dog's fur, and the dog her hands in appreciation. The dog seemed to like her as much as she liked him. " You're so beautiful. " She giggled.

He watched as the girl fawned over the dog, however, before he could walk over to start a conversation, the girl stood back up and bade goodbye to the dog. MinSeo left the pretty dog behind unwillingly, she would love to spend more time with the dog, but she knew she would be in deep trouble if she don't catch up with JaeKyung soon. 

During the time MinSeo spent with the dog, JaeKyung found herself attracted to this weird glowing red building. It looks kind of old, but yet still fasinating. JaeKyung stared in awe as the huge red engine parked in the bay shone brightly under the sun.

Just then, a group of men exited the building. Some yawning from all the work last night, some chit-chatting about random things, some discussing about where to get breakfast, and one of them, noticed how there was a strange girl standing infront of the building, staring at the station as if she never saw something quite like it before.

He left his group of friends and approached the girl, " Hey, are you okay? "

HIs question snapped her out of her daze and she quickly nodded her head in reply. He then further prompted, " You seem pretty interested in the fire station. "

" Fire station? " JaeKyung repeated, shocked at how much fire stations were going to be changed in the future. He nodded as he introduced himself to the girl, " My name is LeeTuek. I work here, and if you are interested in the fire station, I would love to share more about it with you. "

JaeKyung was excited, imagine touring the place, imagine sitting in one of the fire engines, she was more than just excited! However, before she could reply, MinSeo came running over, " Unnie! "

Seeing MinSeo, she was brought back to reality, it's probably a bad idea to go exploring with a guy she just met in 2015. Although disappointed, JaeKyung slightly bowed to the guy as she apologised, " Sorry, I've got to go. "

LeeTuek smiled, " It's okay, maybe next time. "

She took one last glance at the station before heading towards MinSeo. With the two girls reunited, they once again start strolling down the streets, with MinSeo being amazed at everything she had only read about in the books. Never had she thought she would be able to see them with her very own eyes, but she did.

And there's a whole lot of new adventure heading their way.




 
 
2.3: hobby
06-01-2015 | 10.00AM

" How exactly does this thing work? " RyuRa mumbled to herself as she tried to get an abandoned toy airplane to work. They were passing by a playground when something red near the trash bin caught RyuRa's eyes.

Fiddling around with the unfamiliar item, she frowned, she knew she had read about this somewhere before. Something about the controller, something about the blades going in circular motion, something about the plane in the sky. She knew it must be somewhere in the back of her brain. Come on! Think RyuRa, think!

Jane stared at the slightly taller girl as she tried her best to make the new toy work. Getting bored, Jane began looking for another source of fun. Straying away from the thinking girl, she found her way to this huge water body. Excited, she immediately rushed forward towards the river. Allowing the water to wet her body, she splashed about, having the fun of her life in the water.

Just then, she noticed a boy, standing a few meters away from her, staring sadly into the waters. Smitten by his good looks, Jane couldn't help it but to swim a bit closer to have a better look. The boy slowly walked deeper and deeper into the waters. Step by step, he began to submerged himself into the waters. Soon enough, the tip of his head disappeared from the surface.

What is he trying to do?

Curious, Jane allowed herself to narrow the distance between them. After a while of waiting, when the boy still had not resurface from under the water, she began to start worrying. Diving into the waters, Jane tried to look for the missing boy. Squinting her eyes in the waters, she anxiously scanned her surroundings as she swam closer to where she last saw the boy.

There!

It wasn't long before Jane saw the drowning boy. But wasn't struggling. That was when she realised the boy must have tried to drown himself. Without wasting a single second, Jane made her way towards the boy. She quickly grabbed him by his hand and began swimming towards the shore.

It wasn't easy, but she did it. Dragging the boy onto the grass, she panted, but it wasn't time to rest. She gave the boy a few slaps in the face, trying to wake him up, but it wasn't working that well, and so, she decided that she had to perform CPR on the boy. Since she loved swimming, knowledge of basic CPR was nesessary. She placed her hands on his chest and began pumping with all the strength she had left.

That was when he began coughing out water, regaining conciousness. Jane quickly help him up. Wanting to ask if he was okay, she digged for the sticky notes in her pocket. However, it was not there. It must have dropped out while I was swimming just now!

She mentally scolded herself for forgetting to take the sticky notes out before jumping into the water. How was she going to communicate with other people now? More specifically this boy infront of her? After regaining his breath, he glared at Jane, pulling his arm away from her. He stood up, and began staggering away.

Jane quickly followed behind him. She's not going to let him attempt another suicide. Why would he do that? Life is so beautiful, how can anyone bear to leave this amazing world? He must have had a really tough life to actually want to end his own life. 

The eighteen-year-old then made a promise to herself, she promised that she would keep following this boy around and make him smile, make him see the beauty of the world. Realising that she was tugging along, he stopped, " What do you want? Stop following me! "

Jane opened , but closed it again. She gulped, lowering her head to hide her face. Oh dear sticky notes, where are you when I need you the most?

Assumming that the girl got his point, he continued walking, but stopped again when he heard the girl's footsteps following close behind. Turning back to face Jane with an angry face, he warned, " You better stop following me! "

Jane shook her head, and he asked, " Aish, seriously! What do you want from me? "

Jane just stared at the dripping wet boy. Getting no response, he brushed his hand over his hair in frustration, " I asked you what do you want from me! "

Jane lowered her head again. How could she ever correctly communicate what she wanted to say to the boy without her sticky notes?

" Stop following me! "

Still following.

" What exactly do you want! Answer me! "

Still no response.

" Seriously, I'm going crazy. "

Still staring.

" What? Can you not talk? "

Jane slowly nodded her head. Well, she could talk, she just didn't want to, but she guessed it's best for the boy to think she's mute now, especially since she had no better ways to explain to him. The boy soften, she saw his expression flikered for a second.

" Just... don't follow me. "

And that was where he left it at. The boy headed towards his destination, and... Jane followed him to where he was headed. She was pretty sure he knew she was just right behind him, but he said no more.

Back at the playground, RyuRa finally got the airplane flying. Excited, she cheered, " Yes! Jane! Look at- " She turned behind to see Jane gone, " this... "

What a terrible situation! Or was it just a blessing in disguise?




 
 
2.4: flying pan
06-01-2015 | 01.00PM

The oldest and the youngest of the club decided to give the air-conditioned shopping centre a go. The cold air greets them as they entered through the automatic glass door. Both of them turned to give each other an excited look before walking into the mall. Despite the fact that Genevy usually liked staying at home, the idea of herself being in 2015 still pushed her to do some exploring.

" Awesome! Look at that moving stairs! " XieNa exclaimed in astonishment as she pointed to the escalator. The girls jumped in glee as they headed towards the magical 'moving stairs'. Up, up, up they go!

Not long after, they arrived in a huge shop filled with a variety of household items they never saw back in the 3000s. That was when they discovered a fun new game, and XieNa calls it, " Guessing the 2015 Item. "

The title says it all. They would pick up random things, asking the other to guess the name of the item and what it's used for. Laughing at all the different creative ideas they came up with, they earned themselves some stares from the other shoppers, but who cares? Definitely not XieNa! Once again, she pulled Genevy to another row of items. Picking up a frying pan, she asked, " Don't you think this kind of looks like our cooking pan from home? "

Indeed, their cooking pan is just our frying pan without all the extra layers of coating. Nodding her head, Genevy agreed, " Their shape does look extremely similiar. "

" Do you think they use it to cook as well? "

" I guess so. " 

Just then, a loud electronic music began playing, and XieNa being XieNa, couldn't help but to get excited. She began dancing, jumping around the place with the frying pan in one hand. Genevy smiled at the dancing girl. It wouldn't hurt for her to be hyper, right? No matter what other people say, they're in 2015! Allowing the young girl to enjoy herself was something she should do.

However, her smile soon turned into a face of shock and terror when the frying pan slipped out of XieNa's hand. It was as if everything happened in slow motion. XieNa quickly tried to reach for the flying frying pan with her other hand, but the speed of that frying pan was too fast to be caught up with.

The girls watched in horror as the frying pan headed straight towards the head of a man. Without a clue that a frying pan was going straight for his head, the man was still casually strolling down the aisle. Not bearing to watch, Genevy closed her eyes shut as she prepared herself for the impact.

The frying pan soon came to a stop as it hits directly onto the man's head, knocking off his hat in the proccess. The man groaned in pain as he held onto his aching back brain with his right palm. Turning around to see where the flying frying pan came from, he pointed his finger at the girls with his other hand, sending a death glare over. XieNa quickly apologised with a 180 degree bow, " I am very sorry! "

They then quickly turned to exit the shop before the man could say anything else. Not wanting to be chased by security guards or the angry man, they broke into a run for the entrance. 

It was now then did Genevy realised, it definitely hurt for XieNa to be hyper! Maybe I shouldn't have let her get too excited.

What an exciting shopping experience! Although it's probably not half as exciting as the events lined up for them in the future.




 
 
2.5: directions
06-01-2015 | 06.00PM

The enthusiastic trio skipped down the streets, pointing and giggling at almost every single thing they saw. They've came a pretty long way from home, but they were still far from tired out.

It's been a long time since they started exploring, they found lots of new things and saw many interesting activities, but it'll soon be dinner time, and the girls were hungry. SoYoung groaned, rubbing her poor tummy, " Unnie, I'm hungry. "

" Me too. " JiHyun pouted.

" Shall we head back then? " Mizuki suggested. The other two nodded their heads in agreement. Although they would love to explore a tiny bit more, their tummy were against the idea. The bad news was that they couldn't seem to figure out where they came from, " Is it over there? "

" It doesn't seem like it. "

" How about there? "

" This place looks kind of familiar! "

" There! There! There! "

" We're back in the same place again! "

After turning corners after corners, the girls still couldn't seem to get out of this big maze, Mizuki sighed, " Are we lost? "

" I think so... " JiHyun bit her lip.

" What are we going to do! " SoYoung whined, she was even more anxious since they were in a foreign land, sort of. Mizuki tried to calm her down, " It's okay, I'm sure we can find our way back. "

The girls looked around them, trying to decode the buildings surrounding them. It used to be so much easier back in the 3015, when the buildings aren't so tall and identical.

Just then, JiHyun caught sight of a group of seven boys nearby, she pondered for a moment if she should ask for help, but soon decided otherwise, since they seem to be pretty busy among themselves. It wasn't long before a cheer was heard from the bunch, and three boys began approaching them after tidying up their appearance- they wouldn't want to look like bad guys.

The grey haired smiled, " Hey, you girls seem lost, do you need any help? "

Eyeing each other, the girls wasn't sure of how to respond, and Mizuki, being well trained in this kind of situations by her father, smiled back, " Yes, please! We're kind of lost, and we can't find our way back. "

The black hair, then assured them with confidence, " Don't worry! With Jackson around, you'll never get lost. "

The red hair then introduced themselves, " I'm Mark, this is JB, " he patted the grey hair, and the black hair interupted, " and I'm Jackson. "

In return, Mizuki quickly introduced herself too, " I'm Mizuki. "

" I'm Ahn JiHyun. " JiHyun beamed, waving at their new found friends.

Why would one have the mood to introduce oneself when the tummy is growling? SoYoung blankly stared infront of her as she imagined the different kind of food waiting for her. Seeing that SoYoung had no intention of introducing herself, Mizuki quickly did it for her, " And this is SoYoung. "

JB began asking JiHyun for the details of where they were trying to get back to. Not knowing the address, JiHyun could only describe its surroundings for him, leaving him to guess where that was.

As the two discussed, the youngest pouted, " Unnie, let's go get some food. "

Mizuki sighed, whispering to the slightly shorter girl, " We don't have the money  to. "

" Since it's almost dinner time, why don't we find some place to eat before sending you girls home? " Mark suggested.

SoYoung's eyes immediately brightened up, " Sure! "

" Bu- " Mizuki started, but was cut off by Mark, " We'll treat you. "

SoYoung quickly skipped her way to the nearest food store in sight and Jackson followed closely behind, " Wait for me! "

Mizuki smiled sweetly at Mark, thanking him for his offer, in which he returned with his smile, " Shall we go? "

This simple act of kindness might not seem like much now, but who knows? In the future, it might mean something much more than just a dinner treat.




 
 
2.6: THOUGHTS
06-01-2015 | 10.00PM

Yoseob paced around the living room worriedly, waiting for the two missing girls to return home. It's late into the night, and RyuRa and Jane were still not back yet.

JaeKyung frowned, rubbing her hands together, silently praying for the girls to come back safely. MinSeo gently patted the leader on her shoulder, giving her a smile, " It's not your fualt. "

" I shouldn't have agreed to the exploring. " She blamed herself for the disappearance of her two dongsaeng.

" I was the one that suggested that, I'm sorry. " Mizuki apologised, and XieNa reasoned, " It's no one's fault. Nobody wanted this to happen. "

Genevy nodded in agreement, " I'm sure they'll be fine. RyuRa's a smart girl. I'm sure she will find her way back. "

" That's right! There's no point in worrying so much! How about... let's eat! " SoYoung tried to break the tension with food. At the mention of food, the girl's' tummy all growled in unison, except for JiHyun, who was so tired she fell asleep sitting on the floor, and SoYoung and Mizuki, who already ate. The other girls had close to no food at all. Well, Yoseob's fridge wasn't prepared for so many guest at one time.

" But the fridge's empty. " Genevy let the sad news out to the other girls who just returned. Yoseob sighed, " I'll go get some food from the convinience store nearby. "

With that being said, he made his way to the convinience store while trying to spot RyuRa and Jane anywhere, but to no avail. There were a few delinquent looking students hanging out near the playground, and Yoseob frowned. That playground used to be his favourite playing area, but now, there's hardly any young kids playing in the sand filled playground. Looking away, he continued to search for the two missing girls.

Majority of the moon was hidden by the gloomy clouds, blocking most of the moonlight, making the streets seem darker and creepier. The moon seemed to be reflecting Yoseob's emotion. The boy sighed, what a happy birthday and school holiday.

He still wasn't sure whether he should be happy he need not spend his birthday alone this year or should he be pissed off for having to spend his birthday worrying about nine girls spilling out the time travelling secret to his parents. If they do, there would be a lot of explaining to do, and he's not sure he wanted to. His hopes now were just to quickly send the girls home so that he could at least enjoy his last few days of the school holiday in peace. The drama in the past two days was too much that he was still wondering if he was dreaming.

Shaking his head, he tried to clear his mind from all those thoughts, returning his attention to looking for RyuRa and Jane, but it was all just a failed attempt.


The walk was just about ten minutes away, he soon arrived, and headed immediately into the columns of food. Not wanting to waste time shopping for food, he randomly grabbed whatever he could see and was about to make his way to the counter, when he saw a familiar girl crouching on the ground at the corner, staring into the fridge full of milk.

" Jane? "




 
 
2.7: mishap?
07-01-2015 | 12.00AM

Everybody was sleeping. The clock struck twelve, and the sky's dark. JaeKyung, Genevy and MinSeo were in the master bedroom, sleeping on the king size bed. XieNa and Jane in Yoseob's room, and SoYoung, Mizuki and JiHyun in the guest room. Despite being worried about RyuRa, Yoseob couldn't help it but to fall asleep on the sofa as soon as he settled himself down. He didn't had a good night sleep the previous day either, since it was chaos.

JiHyun tossed and the bed, she had already had her portion of sleep just now while waiting for the other girls to return. Unable to fall asleep, she stared at the ceiling in boredom. It's late at night, everyone's asleep, there's nothing she could do to entertain herself.

Sighing, she sat up. Looking across the room, on the other bed, Mizuki was deep in her dreams and SoYoung was lying sprawled on the matress laid on the floor. They were in another time frame, it's not like she could go out for a walk, not alone at night, especially when RyuRa's not back yet. That's right. We are in a different time frame. We time travelled. There's a time machine. And I haven't touched it before.

She took one last glance of the sleeping girls in the room before quietly sneaking out of her bed, creeping to the bedroom door and silently pushing the door open. Poking her head out to the living room, she saw Yoseob sleeping soundly on the sofa, with the time machine in his hands. Aha!

JiHyun gleefully tip-toed to his side and stared at the machine between his fingers. Eyeing him, she slowly tried to pry his fingers off the machine. His fingers twitched, and JiHyun frozed. It probably won't be nice if Yoseob wakes up to find her trying to take the machine out of his hands. After a moment of silent, she continued with her quest, and soon enough, the machine shifted from Yoseob's hands to JiHyun's.

" Wahh... " She stared at the machine in awe. Her fingers felt the texture of the machine and she grinned, excited to be touching something so precious. How can this magical thing not be recorded in the history books?

" What are you doing? "

A sudden voice came from behind her and her grip on the machine losen, causing it to fall onto the ground. She turned behind to look in shock, " SoYoung ah... I-I... "

" Oh, is that the time machine? " SoYoung asked in her half asleep mode.

JiHyun then quickly glanced back to the machine she dropped. She hastily tried to examine the machine, it would be terrible if she spoilt the machine or even caused a scratch mark on it. The younger girl went forward and squat down beside the other girl, " Why? "

Yoseob stired, and JiHyun quickly shushed SoYoung, " Shh! "

After making sure Yoseob's still sleeping, she quickly pulled SoYoung into the kitchen to explain, " I was just planning to touch it for a while, I wanted to have a closer look at it. But I accidentally dropped it when you suddenly appeared, hopefully it's not spoilt. "

JiHyun anxiously tried to make sure the machine's still alive. Seeing her in panick mode, SoYoung casually recommended, " Maybe you should turn it on and see if it works. "

JiHyun did as just as SoYoung suggested. Luckily, the machine lighted up when she pushed the handle downwards. She sighed in relief, " What a relief it's not spoilt. "

SoYoung nodded, " So it's still working. "

" So we have a working time machine. "

" So... "

The two girls gave each other a look, " Are you thinking what I'm thinking? "

" I totally think so. "

The eyes of the two girls sparkled as they nodded their heads in agreement. If we don't do this now, we will have to go back to 3015 tomorrow.

Taking in a deep breath, JiHyun carefully placed her finger on that magical button, " Here we go. "

SoYoung and JiHyun grabbed onto each other tightly, shutting their eyes. In less than a minute, they can feel the cooling breeze blowing onto their face- something they would never have felt in an enclosed area. JiHyun pry open one of her eye and peeked at her surroundings.

Flowers. Flowers everywhere. Excited, she rushed forward into the flower patch. " What beautiful flowers! "

Amazed at the stunning red roses, she can't help it but to squeal in delight. Jumping around in joy, she bent down to smell the fresh scent of the roses. She was enjoying herself so much that she didn't notice someone approaching her.

Someone suddenly came up behind her and grabbed her wrist forcefully. Shocked, she met eyes with a weird man with long hair and in a red robe.

" 姑娘为何在此![What are you doing here!] "

" W-what? " JiHyun gulped, scanning her surroundings, trying to find SoYoung. Where is she?!

" 来者何人?竟敢擅自闯入朕的花园![Who are you? How dare you invade my garden without permission!] " The man asked again, glaring angrily at the girl infront of him. Panicking, tears began swelling up in her eyes, somebody! Help me!