☁ S l e e p o v e r

✡ A Thousand Years — Time Travel
chapter nine
 
9.1: planing
21-01-3015 | 11:00AM

" Who is this? " JungShin asked as he eyed the weird man from head to toe.

" H-he's an exchange student! " JiHyun came up with a lie, " And he loves roleplaying! Which is why he's dressed like that, haha. " 

The two girls awkwardly laughed as they both know that that's nowhere near the truth. SoYoung and JiHyun had just came back from the Yuan Dynasty, and the king had accidentally came with them too. Convinently, they happened to cross path with JungShin, so now, they have to deal with his questions about the weird king.

The boy wasn't convinced, but before he could throw another question to the girls, SoYoung's phone broke the awkward tension between the four of them. Quickly, sne answered her phone and XieNa's voice reached her ears, " Unnie! I heard Genevy unnie moved house few weeks ago, let's go visit her! "

" Oh! Sounds fun! " SoYoung got excited at her dongsaeng's suggestion.

" I'm so super bored at home! We should go there for a sleepover since it's the weekend! "

" Let's do that then! JiHyun's with me, and I'll call Mama Eun and MiMi this instance! "

" Awesome! I'll come find you guys! "

And that's how the planning of invading Genevy's new house ended. ChangWook blinked at the new stranger sternly. He looked so similiar to the guy he saw back at home, but yet the feeling they give off was so different. Who exactly is this guy? Are they the same person? Why are they all conversing in that weird langague? Unable to understnad anything, he could only stand silently at the side, waiting for JiHyun to give him an explantion. SoYoung quickly informed GoEun about the sleepover before calling Mizuki. " Can I invite anyone I want? "

" Yeah! The more the merrier! "

" Okay! I'll see you later then! " 

Mizuki hung up, and SoYoung turned to the trio behind her, " Let's go party at Gen unnie's house! "

" How about him? " JiHyun asked worriedly as she pointed to the king. He cleared his throat and frowned, knowing that they are talking about him and was uncomforatable with the fact that he couldn't understand a single thing they're talking about. It wouldn't be safe to leave him alone without JiHyun and the girls know it. Who knows what would happen if they leave that opinionated king to fend for himself? JiHyun tried before, but that was because she had to go to class, she didn't had much of a choice. But, she's not ready to try it again.

The other girl pondered for a moment before deciding that he should go with them, " Bring him along! They don't understand mandarin anyway. "

" Are you sure, I don't think that's a good idea either... "

" Eyy, don't worry that much! It'll be fine! " SoYoung then turned to JungShin, " Hyung! You should come with us! "

" Wh- " Before he could even finish his sentence, the girl has already started dragging him away. Motioning for JiHyun and the king to follow them, she exclaimed excitedly, " Come on! "




 
 
9.2: suprise!
21-01-3015 | 03.00PM 

Ding Dong.

Ding Dong. Ding Dong. Ding Dong. Ding Dong. Ding Dong.

The door bell rang impentiently.

That's weird, I wasn't expecting any guests. Yusuke quickly rushed down the stairs towards the front door. It's been a really long time since anybody pressed the door bell. In a house as huge as this, it sure takes quite some time to even travel from one place to another. He stopped in his tracks when he met eyes with Genevy at the bottom of the stairs. He opened his mouth to start a conversation but closed it again when Genevy just walked away as if she didn't see him.

He frowned, what is wrong with her?

Genevy walked over to the giant door and pulled it open. What was about to greet her was nothing she would ever imagine happened. The cracks between the two door revealed a beaming SoYoung punching a bored JungShin, a slouching XieNa hanging onto the poised Mizuki, a smirking Kai trying to get XieNa's attention, a smiling JiHyun with the confused ChangWook beside her, and not forgetting a silently yet nervous waiting GoEun.

With her eyes wide opened and her jaw dropped, Genevy stood shocked at the front door as Yuseuke came forward to take a look at the people abusing his door bell. SoYoung jumped in joy to see her unnie but was soon too stunned to say anything when she saw Yusuke behind Genevy, " Wha- who is that? "

" What are you guys doing here! " Genevy screamed in a whispered tone, ignoring her question, " This place isn't what you think it is. "

" This isn't what you think it is. " SoYoung walked past the stunned owner and into the living room, " We are not here to visit, but here to have a SLEEPOVER! "

" WHAT?! " Genevy and Yusuke asked in unision. Genevy gave Yusuke a quick glance before pushing SoYoung out of the front door, " Go home! You can't just do that here! "

" Why not? " The girl whined as the others behind watched them argue. " This is your house isn't it? Come on! We're all excited and prepared! "

" Th- " Genevy started off, but was cut off by Yusuke, " Let them stay. "

She turned to him, dumbfounded, " W-what did you just say? "

" He say we can stay! " SoYoung answered the question not directed at her and quickly asked for support from her friends behind her, " You heard him, didn't you? Didn't you? "

JungShin nodded reluctantly as SoYoung desperately poked him, looking for support. XieNa raised her really long arm to prove that she heard exactly what SoYoung heard, " Let's go in! "

The group pushed passed Genevy and began exploring the place.

" Wahh! This place is so huge! " GoEun exclaimed.

" I'm going upstairs! " XieNa announced excitedly and Kai volunteered, " I'm going up too! "

" [Chinese] Look at that! " JiHyun jumped in delight as she pointed to dangling chandelier, and ChangWook wilfully ordered, " [Chinese] I want that too! Get that down this instance! I'm going to put that in my room! "

" Let's have a camp fire later! " SoYoung suggested and JungShin frowned, " You shouldn't treat this like your home, you know. "

" I agree! " XieNa leaned over the railings of the second floor, " Their garden is sooooo huge! "

" You should come over to my house on- " Kai's sentence was cut short when XieNa turned to leave. He quickly followed behind her and JungShin shook his head at the couple. One look and he knows that they're just a bunch of playful kids, not at all responsible for themselves at all.

Mizuki then sneaked into the kitchen hand in hand with GoEun, excited to see what's waiting for them.

Genevy sighed in defeat as she watched them wander around the place, not at all understanding why would Yusuke ever let them stay. Beside her, Yusuke took in a deep breath, I hope this is a right choice.




 
 
9.3: tree
21-01-3015 | 05.00PM 
 
" Can you stop looking at my ? "

" I'm walking behind you, what am I supposed to be looking at if not your ? " Kai cheekily smirked.

" Stop following me then, you this ert! "

" I'm not! We just happened to be walking in the same direction. " Kai shrugged as he followed exactly in XieNa's path, " Psh, there's nothing much to look at anyway. "

" What?! Yo- "

" Oh look! A cat! On a tree! So dangerous! " Kai walked over to a nearby tree dramatically, pointing to a white cat hanging loosely onto a tree branch.

The girl stomped over to the boy and challenged, " Get it down then. "

" I will. " Kai accepted her challenge without a second thought and XieNa prompted, " How are you going to do that? You can't even climb a tree! "

" Don't you remember how I climbed up a tree beside your house to stage a romantic first meeting with you? " He smirked as he took off his shoes and jacket, ready to make the climb. XieNa tsked as he started his way up the tree, " And you fell down. You even fainted! So not romantic. " 

" That only happened because you hit me with a frying pan! "

" And that's because you were being a creep! "

" I was being romantic! "

" You were being threatening! "

" Can anyone even threaten you? You're such a manly girl. "

" Can anyone not hit you? You're such a ertic stalker. "

" Even if I am, I am the handsome-est one. " Kai smirked cockily as he settled himself on a tree branch beside the cat's before carefully trying to grab hold of the tiny cat. XieNa rolled her eyes when he raised the cat in his hands up to boast, " I got it! "

" Come on down quick! You might just fall down. " She waved her hands to the smiling boy and he teased, " Are you worried about me?"

" Am not! I'm just worried about the cat, okay? And don't wave the cat in the air like that! "

" Okay okay, I'm com- AHH! "

Both the boy and the cat came crashing down onto the ground from the heights of the tree. A broken tree branch landed just inches away from the lifeless body. XieNa rushed forward after recovering from the shock she just received from the falling boy. The cat landed safely in the embrace of the boy, upon reaching the ground, he quickly escaped the scene, leaving the girl to kneel beside the unconcious boy, " Yah! Are you okay? Don't scare me like that! "

XieNa shook Kai, slapping him in his face a few times. Seeing no reaction, she began to panick, " You're not going to die, are you? Yah! Wake up! "

" I'll get up if you give me a kiss. "

" What? " It took her a moment before she realised she've just been pranked by the kingka. She glared at the boy and gave him a punch on his arm, " That wasn't funny! "

" Ouch! That hurts! " Kai winced as he grabbed his arm with his other hand, " I think I hurt it when I fell down. "

" I'm not going to care about you anymore. Get up yourself. " She stood up, dusted her hands and gave the sitting boy a glare before walking away.

" Hey! I think I hurt my spine! "

" You won't be able to sit up if you did! "

" Ahh! I think I sprained my ankle! "

" Crawl your way back! "




 
 
9.4: rose garden
21-01-3015 | 08.00PM 

They just had dinner and GoEun was washing the dishes with JiHyun and Mizuki. SoYoung and JungShin went to the nearby super market to buy some snacks for the campfire later, and XieNa is probably somewhere upstairs exploring with a limping Kai following closely behind her. ChangWook, on the other hand, was amazed by the television despite the fact that he couldn't understand a single thing it was saying. Genevy has volunteered herself to help with the setting up of the campfire since she doesn't want to stay in thee house with a big crowd of noisy people.

She dragged the heavy log towards the fire ring with all her strength, trying her best to prepare the camp fire. It wasn't long before she got tired out carrying the heavy logs to and fro. She settled herself down on the nearby bench and took in a deep breath, this is harder than I thought.

Despite her hard work, Genevy was barely half way done. Massaging her sore arms and legs, she smiled at the night sky. The sky's filled with stars, a sight she couldn't have seen if she lived in the city. Maybe it wasn't that bad to stay in this isolated mansion afterall, at least it's quiet and there's stars. Not to mention the really huge garden surrounding the mansion. She stood back up and did a little stretch before deciding to do a little walk through the garden. Looking around, pretty flowers and healthy trees surrounded her. Although it's night time, there's enough light around to make sure she know where she's going.

Strolling down the path, Genevy came upon this new place she've never been to before. The place was filled with many beautiful roses, big and small, tall and short. The roses swayed lightly as the wind blew and Genevy eye's sparkled. She loves the nature, and even with all the nature walking she've done throughout the 25 years of her life, she've never seen something quite like that before. The roses are far too beautiful to be hidden in this mansion alone. She bent down to take a sniff of a rose nearby and a fragrant smell filled her nostrils. If only I had my camera with me! 

She sighed as she straightened her back, making her mind up to come back next thing tomorrow morning to snap a picture of these beautiful roses. Glancing around, her observant eyes happened to catch sight of a broken window. Genevy frowned, why would there be a broken window?

" Your brother broke that window. "

Genevy jumped, turning to look at the one who provided her the answer to her question, as if he could read her mind. Seeing who it was, she immediately put on her poker face. 

" Your brother said you like roses? "

Ignoring his words, she continued to busy herself with the roses. Sensing no reply, Yusuke added on, " He broke this window while trying to get you one of these roses. "

" Why do you even want me here? Just because he wanted to pluck a rose from your garden? " Genevy asked, breaking the one week of cold war with him. She did promise herself never to talk to this jerk again, after what happened when she accidentally went through his belongings, but well, she neeeded to know the answer to this question. 

" I see no reason why I have to answer that question. "

" I think I deserve to know why am I randomly asked to stay with a stranger. "

Yusuke cleared his throat, taking in a deep breath, " There's no specific reason. Maybe just because I thought it would be nice to have another person stay in this place. "

Rolling her eyes, Genevy mumbled to herself, " And you had to choose me? Just how unlucky am I? "


" Well, your brother did trespass into my property to pick a rose from my beloved rose garden for his sister. " He fumed, slightly offended for some reason in which Genevy did not know. " That doesn't mean you can force someone to live with you for three whole months! It's not like he did any harm to you or your property. He didn't even managed to get the rose. "

" Too bad my window broke itself, so he had to take responsibility. " He sacastically stated, and Genevy glared at him. She really don't like him, not even one bit. His way of talking was really getting on her nerves. Stomping away from the guy, she headed back to the fire ring to continue her job. It came to her as a shock when she saw that the camp fire had already been put in place, the fire ring filled with logs.

Who could it be?




 
 
9.5: library
21-01-3015 | 10.00PM 

" We're back! " SoYoung exclaimed as she showed Genevy the bags they just got back from the super market. They have been gone for a amazingly long time, and she was getting worried about them getting lost. Genevy smiled, " They're all in the library. "

Despite her love for the library, she was alone in the living room because she didn't wanted to get caught in the crowd. Guiding them to the library after they put down the bags into the kitchen, Genevy couldn't help but to wonder who was the one who helped her with the logs. It couldn't be SoYoung or JungShin, since they just came back. She opened the library door and allowed the other two to make their way in before making her way to the nearest girl, GoEun. GoEun has always been kind and hardworking, it wouldn't be a suprise if she did help her unnie with the logs after washing the plates. But her first guess was proved wrong when GoEun mentioned that she had not only washed the plates but help cleaned up the whole kitchen, while Mizuki and JiHyun talked about something very important in the kitchen balcony. Or at least that's what they told her.

So it's not the three of them either, since they've never left the kitchen, then who was it? Genevy turned to the rest of the people in the library. 

" Be careful with the books! Don't be so rough with them, you might just tear it open. " JungShin warned SoYoung. Nope, not them. How about XieNa?

" Don't bother reading that. You won't understand a single thing it's saying. "

" What do you mean? I might be a genius you know. " Kai rebutted and XieNa rolled her eyes, " Says the idiot who doesn't know how to differentiate between English and German. " 

Probably not. Genevy had managed to spot XieNa's prettily decorated nails. It wouldn't have been so perfect if she did carry logs around. Kai's least possible, with his injured foot, it'll take him much longer than if Genevy did it herself. Unless it's that weird guy they brought back from the Yuan Dynasty?

Genevy scrunched her face as she imagined the king carrying logs, before striking out that possibility. As the girl tried to solve her mystery, JiHyun was all the way over at the other side of the room, spazzing about books.

" [Chinese] This library sure is huge! "

" [Chinese] My library is much larger. " The king proudly stated and JiHyun tsked, " [Chinese] I know I know. "

" JiHyun unnie, can I talk to you for a second? "

JiHyun took in a deep breath as she moved away from the king with Mizuki, " Have you thought about what I asked just now in the kitchen balcony? "

" Mizuki, you know that it's not safe. I would have let you go, but look what happened when I messed with the time machine without their consent. " She pointed to the king.

" Come on. I really need your help! I promise I would come back with JaeKyung unnie. I really need to visit there one. last. time. " The girl pleaded, and JiHyun bit her lips in frustration, " Fine. You promised me. "

JiHyun reluctantly brought Mizuki over to the library balcony and sighed.


" Okay, so we'll get you to 2015 and then I'll return the king to the Yuan dynasty. I'll take the time machine with me so that I can come back here and you'll return with JaeKyung unnie. " JiHyun confirmed their plan again.

" Yes, thank you! You're the best! " Mizuki gave JiHyun a bear hug.

JiHyun sighed as she keyed in the date to 2015 on the time machine. " Okay, you wait here, I'll go get the king. " JiHyun placed the time machine onto a nearby bench before turning to leave.

Mizuki watches as her unnie leaves the balcony. She carefully shut the door to the balcony and eyed the time machine lying carelessly on the bench. She walked over to it and slowly picked it up. She analysed the time machine and decided that the clock button would be her best shot. She was about to push it when the balcony door was pushed open.

In came a curious GoEun. " So here you are! "

She looked over at the time machine. " What's that you're holding? "

She reaches out for the time machine.

Flustered, Mizuki pushed the button and quickly tossed the machine into the corner of the balcony, out of GoEun's reach.

And then the magic happens. Both girls disappeared from the balcony, leaving the time machine behind.