☁ D e v e l o p m e n t

✡ A Thousand Years — Time Travel
chapter four
 
4.1: trouble
08-01-2015 | 11:00AM 

" This is not good. " Yoseob said for the upteempth time that day. " Why are they not back yet? "

JaeKyung paced around the living room, evidently worried about the two missing girls- JiHyun and SoYoung. They went out before the sun's out yesterday, and they're still not back yet. They had already figured out that the duo must have went time travelling on their own, since the time machine had magically disappeared.

" And we can't even call the police for help. " XieNa mumbled to herself, fully aware of the drastic situation they are currently in.

" All we can do is wait... " Genevy sighed and MinSeo nodded in agreement. As the girls were all worried about their missing friends, and the fact that they might not be able to get back home forever, Jane was still blissfully decorating the leftover cupcakes that Genevy baked last night. Carefully placing one sticky notes under each cupcake after filling them with rainbow coloured icings, Jane happily hum as she worked. She picked up the last sticky note and tilted her head in thought, what should I put here?

I know!
She picked up the pen and neatly wrote, Don't worry!

She placed them all on a huge plate and was about to bring them out for the girls and Yoseob when the front door burst open, revealing a pouting DaJung, " Yoseob oppa! Why are they all here again? "

Yoseob looked over to the little girl and sighed, " DaJung, I don't have time for this right now, okay? "

" Not okay! I want them out! " As the little girl protested, someone else poked his head in through the door. Glancing at the six different girls scattered all around the living room, he gasped in shock, " W-who are they? "

" Oppa! Go away! Why are you here? Go back home! " DaJung tried to push the new addition away, but the guy was only interested in Yoseob, " Yah, who are they? What were you guys planning to do? "

" DooJoon hyung, I'll explain to you another day, okay? " The younger guy ignored the question thrown at him and tried to block his nosy neighbour from entering his house.

" This is suspicious... " The guy eyed the girls over Yoseob's shoulders, " You better don't try to do anything funny. "

Before Yoseob could say anything else, the bathroom door clicked, and out came an old man. Yoseob's eyes widened in shock, " W-What? Who- Why are yo- "

" I see what has happened. " He calmly stated, and Mizuki asked, " Ahjusshi, what are you doing here? You- "

He laughed as he shoo-ed RyuRa away from the sofa before settling himself down on the recently vacanted spot, " Don't worry, I know everything. Everything. "

RyuRa quickly closed her hanging opened mouth as she stood up and let the old man take her seat. XieNa then asked, 
still in shock at how their school gardener suddenly appeared. In 2015. " W-what do you know? "

Yoseob quickly picked up the tiny girl and placed her in her brother's arm, " Why don't you guys go home first. "

Without even waiting for the siblings' reply, he closed the door in their face. Turning back to face the new intruder, he asked, " Excuse me. Thi- "

" Calm down, sandboy. "

" S-sandboy? "

Genevy watched as the old man smiled warmly at the boy and the boy's eyes widened in regconition. " You! Oh my god, you! It's you! "

MinSeo looked at Yoseob, and to the old man, and back to Yoseob, " You know each other? "

" Oh my god, " Yoseob laughed to himself, " Oh my god! H-he, he is the one that gave me that time machine! I met you in school a few days back too! I bumped into you, remember? At the garden! You even wished me happy birthday! "

Unable to hide his happiness, he rambled on and on, leaving the girls to guess their relationship on their own. JaeKyung raised her eyebrow as she repeated, " Birthday? "

" It was his birthday three days ago, 5th january. " The old man whispered to JaeKyung, " What a wonderful birthday present, isn't it? To time travel on his 25th birthday. "

JaeKyung slightly smiled and nodded to agree with the elder, as Yoseob continued to gasp in excitement, still unable to believe what is happening now, " Oh my god. So you girls can go home now. He can bring all of you home! "

" Yes I can. " He smiled, " But do you want me to? "

" Of course! Please do! Bring them back home. I'll send JiHyun and SoYoung back too once they come back. "

" But- " Mizuki started but was cut off by the eager Yoseob, " Just go. You guys should get going now. Come on. Go! "

" If you say so. " He casually combed his white hair with his hands as he told the girls to gather around and Yoseob to go further away. Jane skipped over to her unnies as she left the cupcakes on the table. She then patted her pocket, making sure Sebastien is safely inside her pocket before squeezing her eye shut and clasping her hands together, ready to go back home.

JaeKyung took in a deep breath and closed her eyes too. She felt a tug on her sleve and she opened her eyes to see MinSeo holding tightly onto her. Patting the younger girl on her hand, she tried to reassure her that everything is going to be fine. Mizuki silently wiped her sweating palms as she tried to calm herself. This is even more nerve wreaking than all the meetings I've had to attend.

Seeing how tense Mizuki is, XieNa slightly nudged her and mouthed, " It's going to be okay. " The older girl smiled at her dongsaeng's effort to lessen her nervousness.

Everyone's ready to go back home. Everyone, but one. RyuRa eyed the door. Nope, she's not going back. Not yet. The old man began to count down, and just as he pressed the button, the girl sprinted towards the door as fast she she can. Luckily, she run around the neighbourhood every evening, if not she would never have made it out of the door in time.

The bright light shooting out of the machine blinded Yoseob as the girls and the old man left 2015 and headed back to 3015. The next time he opened his eyes, the girls and the old man are already gone, and so is RyuRa.




 
 
4.2: determined
08-01-2015 | 11.30AM

I said I'll be back, RyuRa thought to herself, determined, as she stomped up the stairs to the rooftop house. I will get my plane back no matter what!

Impatient, she knocked hard on the door and just like before, there was no reply. What's his house for if he's never home!

She trotted over to a window by the side of the door and pressed her forehead on the glass, cupping her face with her hands, trying her best to look inside. And that's when she heard footsteps coming towards her from behind. Assuming it belonged to the boy she met the other day, she was ready to give him a piece of her mind when she turned around but to come to face with an unfamiliar boy. 

He frowned as he scrutinised her face. " Who are you? " He raised an eyebrow. He then looked towards the house and then back to RyuRa. " Ahh, are you looking for Mino? " He smiled, pointing to the house.

" M-Mino? Yup, Mino, I'm looking for Mino. " She returned the smile.

" Here come on in, he said he'll only be back later in the afternoon. " He opened the door and led her in. " By the way, I'm his friend, Ravi. " He held his hand out for a handshake.

" RyuRa. " She took his hand. Now this is one cute guy. She giggled a little on the inside, as she tried to keep a straight face on the outside. She was still proud of herself for keeping her cool when she tripped on the door step. Now this is embarrassing. She blushed.

Ravi made RyuRa wait in the living room before he went into the kitchen to cook up some snacks for the guest. After making sure he's busy in the kitchen, RyuRa quickly snooped around the house, trying to find her precious toy plane, but to no avail. Her plane was no where to be found.

She looked towards the only bedroom door in the house. It must be in there, there's no where else! She tiptoed over to the closed door and slowly placed her hand over the door knob, ready to open the door to the forbidden.

" What do you think you're doing! " Mino shouted in shock, his hands full with books, and the door to the house wide open behind him.

RyuRa retracted her hands from the door knob in the speed of light and quickly took a step away from the bedroom door. " I-I, I was just looking for the toilet! Is-is this not the toilet? That's weird, the door to the toilet in my house looks exactly like this one! " She gestured to the white bedroom door frantically before ending her sentence with a nervous laugh.

" Mino! You're back! RyuRa here was outside the door- " Ravi popped his head out from the kitchen when his sentence was interupted by Mino's annoyed voice. " Get out of my house now. " He stomped over to RyuRa and dragged her towards the opened front door by her hand. " No, wait- " RyuRa struggled to keep her footing while hanging on to the door knob of the bedroom door with her other hand... and breaking it in the proccess as she fell.

All three stared at the rolling door knob on the floor with hanging mouths. I'm done for.

Ravi quickly rushed over to the fallen girl. " Are you okay? You're not injured, are you? " He helped her up as she reassured him that she's fine.

" Did you let her in? I don't even know her and yet she's here breaking down my house! " Mino complained angrily as he crouched over his poor door knob.

" What? You don't know her- " Ravi started with a puzzled expression before stopping when he realised that he had let a stranger into his friend's house. He awkwardly retreated back into the kitchen, leaving the two to fight it out.

" You lost my plane and I broke your door knob, we're even now. " RyuRa reasoned.

" Technically, YOU lost your stupid toy! "

" It's not a stupid toy! You have no idea how precious it is to me! "

" I don't care, just get out of my house. "

" I'm not leaving without my plane! "

" Get out. " Mino repeated sternly.

" But- "

" Get out! " He raised his voice as he lost his patience at the sulking girl.

" Fine. " And she left.

She stomped down the stairs and walked around the neighbourhood aimlessly with her bruised knee, still sour over her lost plane. How am I going to get it back now?

Just then, a screwdriver lying lifelessly on a workbench by a repair shop caught her attention. She quickly grabbed the screwdriver and sprinted all the way back to the rooftop house.

Mino opened the door to a panting girl and was about to tell her off again when she held her screwdriver up to his face. " I will... repair your... door... " She said in between breaths.

Shocked, rather touched and somehow guilty for causing her fall, he stood there for a while staring at the screwdriver in her hand.

" Come on! I said I'll repair your door! Oh, and I'll buy you a new pair of shoes too, to replace the pair I threw out just now. "

" You did what? " Mino stared in disbelief as the girl pushed past him as she made her way into the house, tripping on the door step again in the process. Mino mentally face palmed himself, this girl sure is one of a kind.

" Leave it, I'll repair it myself. " Mino sighed, grabbing the screwdriver from the fallen girl. I seriously doubt she'll be of any help.

RyuRa picked herself up and found herself to be stepping on a piece of physics test paper! Physics! She scooped it up for a closer glance only to see a big fat "F" on the top right hand of the paper.

" Hey! " Mino quickly snatched his test paper back from RyuRa, feeling extremely embarrassed. " Just pretend you didn't see that. "

" No, it's okay.
It's nothing to be embarrassed about. " She smiled. " How about this, I'll be your tutor for physics and you'll just have to return me my plane. "

Mino looked at her, doubtful.

" I'll make sure you pass! Within 3 days! "



 
 
4.3: fortune teller
Yuan Dynasty | 03.00PM

" [Chinese] Tell me more. " The king ordered the girl kneeling infront of him. After what seemed like a thousand years, JiHyun was finally released from the uncomfortable and dark jail. ChangWook frowned, " [Chinese] I said tell me more! "

The girl pouted angrily, not making eye contact with the raging man. Tsk. Why should I listen to you after you trap me inside that disgusting place for so long. JiHyun took deep breaths, trying to prevent her tears from falling. Not wanting to appear weak to the evil king, she didn't give in to the king's request even after numerous orders.

" [Chinese] How dare you! Do you want to die? " He threatened. After realising that the girl was speaking the truth, he had ordered his soldiers to bring her to him. He wanted to know more about the future, but the girl just won't speak. " [Chinese] You- "

" {Chinese] I helped you nanny, now you help me. " JiHyun glared at the man.

" [Chinese] How dare you cut our majesty off! " A man whom JiHyun assumed is next in command after the king glared at the girl in shock. He was about to order the soldiers to punish her when ChangWook stopped him, " [Chinese] What do you want me to help you with? "

JiHyun immediately answered, " [Chinese] I want go home. "

" [Chinese] Where do you live? I'll send some men to send you home. "

" [Chinese] No no no! Just let me go! " She frantically waved her hands infront of her, desperately trying to reject the king's offer. She just need to get out of the castle and find SoYoung. The king's men won't be able to help send her home.

" [Chinese] Why not? "

" [Chinese] I... I don't live near here. " Terrified, she randomly came up with an excuse. However, the king was not going to back down just like that, " [Chinese] It's okay, my men will send you safely back home. Just tell me where. "

JiHyun frowned at his persistance, what should I do now?

Seeing her inner struggles, ChangWook guessed, " [Chinese] Do you not have a place to stay? "

Eyeing her clothes, she did seemed like someone who couldn't afford enough clothes. The king quickly ordered someone to get her proper clothes and  a place to stay. Despite the fact that JiHyun was still in shock with the king's order, the people around her began rushing around to fufill their orders. " [Chinese] I-It's not that! I-I have a place to stay, just not here. "

" [Chinese] Don't be embarassed. I'll help you get a place to live. " He brushed off her explanations. Before she could come up with a plan of what to do next, she was quickly brought to a beautifully decorated place with new clothes prepared for her. Three girls whom she identified as the maids helped her with the putting on of the unfamiliar clothing. Despite her embarrassment, JiHyun knew she needed their help. She would never have figured out how to wear that complicated piece of clothing by herself.

She have to admit it though, that she felt much more warmer with the clothes she was made to put on. It was made with a nice and smooth material, making it easy to move in and pleasant to look at. The three young girls then helped her tie her silky long hair into beautiful braids, before putting on a little make up on her bare face to enhance her features but still maintaining a natural look.

" [Chinese] You look so much better. " The king complimented as he nodded in approval, " [Chinese] You are now officially my Fortune Teller. "

" W-what? " JiHyun exclaimed in suprise, before she quickly corrected herself, " [Chinese] What? "

" [Chinese] Fortune Teller. Someone that can see the future. You will now aid me in running this kingdom. "

" What?! " Eyes widened and jaws dropped, she couldn't believe what she just heard, " You can't do that! I need to look for SoYoung and go back home! "

Shocked at her sudden outburst of foreign language, ChangWook stood stunned for a moment, but quickly recovered, ordering someone to get a translator. JiHyun quickly protested, " [Chinese] No! Cannot! I-I need go home! "

" [Chinese] This is your home now. Don't worry, if you need anything else, just let me know. "

The girl panicked, what should I do now?!




 
 
4.4: fallacy
Yuan Dynasty | 05.00PM

SoYoung panted, " This is so hard... "

" [Chinese] What did you just say? " The middle aged man asked after hearing her mumbled something under her breath. She shook her head in denial, " [Chinese] Nothing. "

Now dressed in male clothing, she found herself learning martial arts from a man who looked like an exact duplicate of her own father. They had been practicing for the whole day now, and SoYoung couldn't help but to feel tired. That was when a tiny figure popped out of the door, peeking into the yard, " [Chinese] Father! Sister! Come and have dinner! "


At the beginning of the day, she was still unable to adjust to how she now have to live in a house filled with familiar yet unfamiliar faces. Now? She felt at home. Learning martial arts from her father, eating the meal prepared by her grandmother, playing around with her sister and...

" [Chinese] I told you it's brother now! " The lady gave the little girl a smack on her head before waving for them to go back into the house for dinner. " [Chinese] Dinner's ready! "

Yup, getting smacked by her mother.

The man smiled, " [Chinese] Coming! " He then turned to his daughter-turned-son, " [Chinese] Come on, we'll continue tomorrow. "

SoYoung nodded and was about to follow him back into the house when a famliar figure caught her eyes. " Oh! JungShin hyung! "

She quickly ran after the man. " JungShin hyung! Wait for me! " Getting no reply, she frowned. Remembering how earlier that day, he seemed to understand chinese but not korean, she quickly changed her words, " [Chinese] Ge! Wait! "

He turned behind to see a rushing SoYoung. Raising his eyebrows, he asked, " [Chinese] Me? "

" [Chinese] Yes, you! " SoYoung smiled in between her pants, taking in a deep breath, she continued, " [Chinese] You remember me? "

Tilting his head in confusion, he thought for a while before replying, " [Chinese] Are you the one fighting with the soldiers? "

" [Chinese] Yes! You know who I am? "


SoYoung sighed in relief, at least he does remember her, if not she would seem like a total weirdo, not that she mind though. The boy eyed the girl, despite her feminine features and petite figure, her hair style, her clothes, her loud booming voice and her aggressive movements, tells him that she's a guy.

" [Chinese] You're a boy. "

" [Chinese] Ayy, I don't mean that, I mean, before that. You remember me before that? "

He frowned, not sure what the girl is trying to say. " [Chinese] Have we met before that? "

" [Chinese] Ahh, nothing! " SoYoung awkwardly laughed, as she pondered why don't he remember her. Unless, he's not the real JungShin hyung, just like how my current world father is just a look-a-like of my father back in 3015.

" [Chinese] If there's nothing else, I'll get going. " He gave SoYoung a bow, turning to leave, but SoYoung quickly caught up to him and started another conversation, " [Chinese] So... what your name? "

" [Chinese] Tao. "

" [Chinese] Tao? " SoYoung nodded in amusement, " [Chinese] I name So- " She was about to introduce herself when she remembered how her current world mother kept calling her Jin, and so she her name back in and replaced it with her new name, " Jin. I name Jin. "

Sensing no reply, she continued, " [Chinese] So... Where you going now? "

" [Chinese] I'm going to my father's dojo. " He calmly replied. Hearing the word 'dojo' got the girl thrilled and the girl's eyes sparkled in excitement. She have always been interested in all kind of martial arts and dojos. Still dreaming of restoring her family's glory and honor by opening up a dojo one day, she couldn't help it but to feel eager in visiting a real dojo from back in time.

" [Chinese] Dojo? Can I go? " Without waiting for his reply, SoYoung started dragging him forward enthusiastically, " [Chinese] Come on! Where is it? Faster! "




 
 
4.5: secret
08-01-2015 | 12.00PM

The boy made himself comfortable on the sofa. Smiling to himself, he finally found the peace he was looking for the past few days. It's been chaos, and he really appreciate how the old man brought the chaos back with him. He never liked silence as much as he do this very moment.

Looking across the room, he frowned, what a mess.

He sighed, well, at least this will be the last time he'll have to clean up after the girls... right?

He picked himself up from the sofa and began cleaning up the mess, putting everything back into their original position. He was half way done when the door bell rang, with a cute voice following, " Oppa! "

He opened the door for DaJung, and the little girl dashed in to give Yoseob a hug, " Oppa! " Peeking behind the boy, she then asked, " Where are all the girls? "

" They went back home. "

" Oh, really? Where are they from anyway? "

" Somewhere far away. " Yoseob smiled. DaJung tilted her head in curiousity, " And where's that? "

" Erm, it's a secret. "

" Eyy, oppa! I'll just ask them the next time I see them then. What are you doing anyway? "

" I'm cleaning up. I- "

" I'll help you! " She chirped as she ran to help him put the sofa pillows back into place. She then dusted her tiny hands as she looked at her job well done. Smiling, DaJung then quickly went into the kitchen to help Yoseob clean up. Never would she have imagined to come face to face with a tray of beautifully decorated cupcakes, " Waahhhh! "

" What is it? " Yoseob came rushing into the kitchen, worried that she might have hurt herself. Excited, DaJung exclaimed while jumping up and down, " Oppa! Can I eat this pleeeaaassseeeee? "

Relief that nothing bad happened, the boy smiled at her cute plead, nodding his head, he agreed, " Sure, you can have all of it. "

" Wahh! Thank you oppa! You're the nicest oppa in the whole wide world! " She gave Yoseob another big hug before adding, " I need to share this with my lazy brother at home. I'll be right back! "

With that, Yoseob was left alone at home again. Those cupcakes must have been baked by... what's her name again? The quiet one... Ge... Geveny? Oh my god, nine new names and faces are too hard for me in three short busy days!

Shaking his head, he reminded himself, there's no point in remembering their name anymore, I won't ever see them again anyway.

And that's exactly what Genevy was thinking back at 3015. Sighing, she scruched her face as she remembered how she had to go back to the dark gloomy place. And not to mention, there's that guy there too.

At Yoseob's house, at least she was with her friends, and she actually had fun. Now that I have to return to that place, I'll be all alone again, and I would have to face that evil, bad tempered, not mannerred, disgusting, weird loner guy!

" Oh. My. God. I still can't believe it! " Genevy's train of thoughts was broken by Mizuki's scream of disbelief, " What just happened? Was it all just a dream? How in the world did we just time travel? "

" I don't know about that, but if that was just a dream, I would totally want to visit that place again tonight. " XieNa said, and MinSeo nodded, it is a beautiful place!

Knowing that what she just experienced was not something everyone could have experience, she was glad she got the chance to travel back in time. Despite the fact that she really liked the atmostphere and dogs there, she know she can't be greedy and ask for more. However, as Mizuki was thinking about that guy, Mark, who taught her how to skateboard, she can't help but to think that she would miss him. I wonder if we would have the chance to meet again?

Silently following her unnies' and dongsaeng's conversation, Jane's mind sub conciously wandered off to the boy she saved the other day at the river. I really hope he'll be fine. He better not do anything stupid while I'm not there with him.

" I can safely let you girls know that it's not just a dream, but let's all keep this a secret, okay? Do not tell anyone else about this incident, can you girls do that? " The old man asked, emphasizing the term, anyone. The girls all nodded their head in assurance, " We won't. Thank you for your help. " JeaKyung smiled at the gardener. Never would she have thought that their school gardener would have such a cool secret indentity. Well, I guess everyone have their own secrets huh.

" Oh! What are all of you doing here? " The seven pair of eyes turned to looked at the owner of the voice, which was Go Eun, their vice-president of the club. " Eh, the school's gardener is here too, good afternoon. "

After accepting her greetings, he quickly excused himself from the room, leaving the girls to figure this out by themselves. Go Eun stared at the girls, waiting for an explanation as to why would they be in their club room on a Sunday. Sensing the awkward tension, Mizuki quickly pave an escape road for herself, packing her bag as she explained her situation, " I-I need to go home now. I'm kind of grounded, and if my father finds out I'm not in my room, I would be deadmeat. "

" I... I need to go. " Genevy was never the one for explanations. She bid the other girls goodbye before leaving the room.

Mizuki was about to follow Genevy out of the room when she added, " Oh, and Jane's coming with me. " She quickly dragged the younger girl out of the room with her. She knew they would be in deep trouble if Jane's the last one out of the room and she'd better bring her along. MinSeo avoided eye contact with the other girl as she said, " I need to go home and prepare lunch. I'll see you girls next week! "

That wasn't exactly a lie, but she still felt bad for not telling Go Eun the total truth, so she quickly hurried out of the room and XieNa followed along, " I'm going to MinSeo's unnie's house for lunch, bye! "

And there. Only JaeKyung is left with Go Eun in the suddenly emptied room. Well, since when was JaeKyung not the one to solve the problem?

" Uh, we- we're here to discuss about the upcoming event. " The president came up with a lie, " We didn't let you know, because... we didn't want to add onto your troubles and worries. I mean, look at you! You're already so busy. I think, you need some rest. And, so do I. So I guess that's goodbye. I'll see you next week. " JaeKyung then left, leaving GoEun semi-confused with everyone leaving all of a sudden.

" Oh, okay. " The girl raised her eyebrows as she mumbled to herself, before leaving the room too, to attend to other matters.