☁ A n o t h e r S t e p

✡ A Thousand Years — Time Travel
chapter seven
 
7.1: new job?
16-01-2015 | 03:00PM

L.Joe stared at the girl in front of him, as she glanced at him up and down like he's a monster, you're alive!

" Of course I am! " He frowned, " What are you doing back here again? "

To make sure you're stil alive!

" Stop making it sound like I'm going to kill myself or something! " He scolded, " Now go away and stop bothering me. "

You were going to!

" T-that... that was a different thing altogether! "

But you were going to kill yourself!

" Stop saying that! "

But it's true!

" Aish, you just don't listen, do you? Go away! " L.Joe cursed as he walked away from Jane, into the staff changing room. Being shut out of the room, Jane pouted as she waited right outside the door, entertaining herself with the nearby packages of frozen food. A few minutes later, the boy came out and pushed pass Jane, heading for the door.

She quickly followed behind him, where are we going?

" I am going to work. " He emphasized the term 'I'.

But the convinient shop is over there! Jane flusteredly tried to get L.Joe to read her note as she pointed to the shop that's getting further and further away. " I know. "

Then where exactly are we going?

" I told you, I'm going to work. And you, are not coming with me. " He stated firmly, and Jane quickly scribbled her next note, why?

" Why do you keep following me in the first place! "

To make sure you won't kill yourself.

" Stop talking about that incident! Seriously! "

Then let me follow you!

" Okay! Fine. But I warned you, you can't go where I'm heading anyways. "

Okay!

Happy to be allowed to follow L.Joe, Jane beamed as she did her special little dance around the boy. Embarrassed at the sudden dancing girl, he quickly hid his face with his fringe, " Stop it! People are looking at us! "

Grabbing the girl by her hand, he began pulling her forward, towards another part of the street. However, that didn't stop the girl from spazzing over the interesting things ahe saw around the place. She pull away from the boy and rushed over to a toy shop window. Looking inside, she began fawning over a cute fluffy hamster toy behind the glass wall.

Pulling Sebastian out of her pocket, she allowed the two to make friends with each other.

" What are you doing? " Exasperated, he walked over to the girl and sighed, " Come on, let's go. I'm going to be late! "

Without waiting for her answer or reaction, he once again began to pull the girl forward. Reluctant to leave, but not able to fight against the boy's strength, Jane had no choice but to get dragged along. Not long after, they reached a big beautiful house with metal fencings. Much bigger than the already huge house of Yoseob, it looks like it could hold a party for a few thousands people. Jane stared into the garden in awe, squeeing in delight at the flowers she never before saw in 3015.

The boy ignored the jumping girl and pressed the bell just beside the gate. Just a few seconds later, the gate opened up a pathway automatically for them to enter. Seeing an opening to the beautiful garden, Jane began to dash inside in excitement, but was quickly stopped by the boy. He grabbed the girl back and stated, " I told you you can't follow me in. Now go home. I'm going to work. "

Jane frowned and pouted in annoyance, what kind of business does he have in there? Why can't I go in?

Watching the boy disappear up the front door and the gigantic wall closing itself after L.Joe passed, Jane glared at the huge mansion, I'll find out what you are!




 
 
7.2: the search
17-01-2015 | 11.00AM 

" Let's check over there! " The two girls roamed around the streets as they looked for their missing friend.  After finding out that they're here to drag her back to 3015, RyuRa had ran away from Yosepb's house and had not returned since. The girls and Yoseob were all worried sick. They were desperately trying to find her so that they could go back home. However, it's been 2 hours since they started their search, and they had close to no progress at all. Glancing around the area, JaeKyung sighed, " Should we ask someone for help? "

" Maybe we should. Who knows? They might have seen RyuRa roaming around here these past few days. "

With that, the two girls went forward to the closest passer by and asked politely, " Excuse me, did you happened to have seen a girl around my height, with blonde hair that's... about this length? "

JaeKyung carefully tried to describe RyuRa's appearance and the guy listened attentively, trying his best to picture the described girl in his head. Frowning at the blurry image in his head, he mumbled to himself, " I think I've seen her somewhere before..."

" Unnie! Did you hear that! He said he've seen RyuRa somewhere before! " MinSeo exclaimed in excitement, glad to have found a clue as to where their dongsaeng was. The guy's eyes widened in suprised, " Did you just say RyuRa? "

" That's right, that's the name of the girl we're looking for. "

" You're looking for RyuRa? No wonder I found the description so familiar! I know where she is! I just saw her over there round that corner. "

" Really? Thank you so much! " The two girls happily thanked the guy before rushing off to catch RyuRa. He smiled to himself, glad to have helped before going up to his friend, " Yo Leo. "

" Hey. " The taller guy greeted, " Who are those girls you just talked to? "

" Ahh, those two? " Ravi pointed to the disappearing back view of JaeKyung and MinSeo, " I don't know them, but t
hey were looking for someone I happen to know. "

He finished his explainations with a shrug of his shoulders as he bent down to pat the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, " How are you buddy. "

The dog barked in returned and began the boy's face. As the two interact, Leo stared into the street thoughtfully. Noticing how his friend was being exceptionally quiet, Ravi stood back up to look at the direction Leo was looking at, " What are thinking about? "


" Nothing much. It's just that I've been seeing that girl around here a lot recently. "

" Oh, really? Maybe she just moved here recently. "

" Maybe. " Leo smiled to himself.




 
 
7.3: toy plane
17-01-2015 | 12.00PM

" Where exactly is it? " Mino mumbled as he felt around under his bed with his hands. He knew it was somewhere down there, but he just couldn't seem to get it. After what seemed like eternity, he finally felt the box with the tip of his hands, " There you are! "

Pulling it out to the best of his ability without strangling himself with the bed frame, he frowned, " What's this thing beside it? "

After a minute or two of struggles, he finally got the two items out from under his bed. Staring at the foreign object he just digged out from under his bed, he wondered, " Where did this toy plane came from? "

Casually, he left the airplane on top of his bed as he digged for his school admin card from the box. " Aha! There it is! "

Slipping the card into his bag, he kicked the box back under his bed and left the room. He picked up his coat and tried to open the front door while wearing his shoes. Seconds later, he's out of the house, waiting for RyuRa to arrive. Just as he was about to go down the stairs, the girl appeared at the bottom of the stairs. She beamed at the sight of the boy, excitedly, she jumped up the stairs, " He- oopf! "

Mino took a step forward instinctively as if he could catch the falling girl, but she was too far away for the boy to be able to provide any help. Groaning, RyuRa got up from the steps and Mino began laughing at her, " HAHAHAHA! "

" Stop laughing! " RyuRa frowned as she patted the dust off her pants and hands. Despite the girl's complaint, Mino couldn't stop laughing. He teased as he walked down the stairs, "
 Are you so excited to see me you can't even climb the stairs properly? "

" You know how excited I am to find the hardware! "

" But you should still have watched where you were going! "

" It's okay, I'm fine. Let's go to your school's warehouse now. " RyuRa assured him as she motioned for him to quickly come down the stairs so they could start on their search. Mino, on the other hand, was enjoying his importance to the girl, " I wasn't worried about you, I was just worried you might damaged my stairs like what you did to my door knob. "

She gave him a "seriously?" face as he patted the stairs on his way down, as if he were dusting the stairs of the germs RyuRa had left on them.

Mino continued to laugh to himself as he walked pass the girl, leading the way to his school's warehouse.

" I told you to stop laughing! "

Rushing forward to catch up with the boy blessed with a pair of long legs, RyuRa almost tripped over her own feet. Regaining her balance, she was met with a Mino who was laughing hysterically at her second misfortune. " No wonder you lost your toy! "

" I did not! You were the one that lost my toy! "

" What did I even do? How can I lose something I've never seen before? "

" My plane flew into your house! I know it! But you couldn't find it, so you must have lost it! " RyuRa reasoned and he rebutted, " For all I know, you might have made that up! How can I be sure that your pla- wait, your toy is a plane? "

With widened eyes, Mino was reminded of the toy plane he found mysteriously under his bed earlier this afternoon.

" Of course it is! What else could have flew into your house through that window? " She stated in a matter of fact tone and he rolled his eyes, " I don't know, maybe a flying barbie doll with wings? "

RyuRa stared at him in disbelief and he quickly defended himself, " What? You're a girl! Girls play with barbie dolls, not toy planes. "

The blonde haired girl was about to shoot him back when he added, " Oh right, I forgot, you're a total weirdo. "




 
 
7.4: exposed
18-01-3015 | 03.00PM

" Where are you rushing to? "

" Erm, somewhere far away. "

" Do you need a ride? " Kris kindly offered the rushing girl beside him. JiHyun shook her head frantically and smiled nervously, " It's okay! I can get there myself. "

" Where is this mysteriously place you're going? " He asked curiously, raising his eyebrows at the flustered girl, " Is it something to do with that red robe chinese guy? "

" I-I need to go. See you tomorrow! " JiHyun quickly dash out of the classroom as she avoided Kris's question. Staring at the disappearing backview of JiHyun, GoEun frowned, what is she so busy with these few days? I hope everything is alright.

The 22 year old squeezed pass the other kids in the hallway as she made her way to the back garden of the school. Panting, she glanced around the area worriedly, where is he?! I told him to stay here!

Walking around the empty garden, she desperately tried to spot a human among all the greeneries. Trees, trees, and more trees. She passed the pond, and ventured into the deeper part of the garden, where a lonely swing sat. Her eyes brightened when she saw the king on the swing. " [Chinese] Emperor Ji Chang Wook! "

" [Chinese] Finally! You're here! I was going to die of boredom! "

" [Chinese] I in class just now. " JiHyun explained and the king brushed her explainations off as he motioned for her to come here, " [Chinese] Look at this! This is such an interesting chair. I want it taken off this tree and placed into my kingdom. "

JiHyun sighed as the king pointed to the swing in excitement, " [Chinese] We- no, you need go home now. People will worry! "

" [Chinese] No way! I'm not going to leave unless I can get this special chair back with me. " ChangWook stated firmly.

" [Chinese] You threatening me? " JiHyun frowned, " [Chinese] I gave you my watch already, what more you want? "

" [Chinese] I want this chair! Get it down for me this instant! "

" [Chinese] You like kid! Not listen to me! You go home now! People suspicious you already! "

" [Chinese] I don't care. I shall get what I want. " The king blatanly ignored JiHyun's lecture.

" Aish! You this unreasonable person! If I had known this would happen, I wouldn't have brought you here! "

" [Chinese] Are you trying to scare me by using some other languages now? "

" [Chinese] Yes I am! If you don't listen to me, I leave you here, and you never go home forever! "

" [Chinese] What?! How dare yo- "

" [Chinese] So what if I dare? What can you do to me? Huh? " JiHyun challenged the king and he replied in anger, " [Chinese] You will regret th- "

" [Chinese] No I won't. You can't kill me here, like how you killed all those poor citizens back in Yuan Dynasty. You evil king, you need punishment! "

" [Chinese] You! You don't understand! "

" [Chinese] Yes I do! You don't dare fight against evil uncle, you useless! "

JiHyun was expecting some kind of agitated response, but the king had suddenly stopped shouting. He seemed taken aback by her words, and she felt a pang of guilt as she saw the king's hurt expression. ChangWook took in a deep breath and looked away, " [Chinese] Let's go home. "

" [Chinese] Sorry. " 

JiHyun bit her lips, she didn't mean to say something that harsh, but it just came out of . The king gave no response, and so she continued, " [Chinese] You want stay a while longer? "

The king turned back to the girl, suprised, " [Chinese] Are you trying to be nice to me now? "

" [Chinese] N-no! Why would I? Let's go home now. " JiHyun quickly denied and started leading the way to find the gardener. She still have that time machine SoYoung and her took from Yoseob to travel to the Yuan Dynasty, and she had heard from Mizuki that the school's gardener was actually the real owner of the time machine. 

" Everything will be fine and back to normal after sending him back to the Yuan Dynasty. " JiHyun tried to assure herself.

As the two of them leave the swing to look for the gardener, a shocked GoEun frowned from behind a huge tree. She had happened to overhear the last bit of their conversation. What did she mean by sending him back to the yuan dynasty?




 
 
7.5: movie date
20-01-3015 | 05.00PM

Mizuki tapped her feet impatiently. It has been nearly twenty minutes since she arrived, and there's still no sign of Kai. She blew her frigne in an attempt to calm herself down, seriously! How can he be this late?!

They had arranged to meet at 4.40pm at the cinema. She would never have thought that she would be standing there alone, waiting for some cocky guy she barely knew for so long. She was about to give up waiting when the kingka finally appeared. " Where were you?! "

" Don't be so agitated! I got caught up with my other girlfriend. God, she's just so clingy! " Kai rolled his eyes as Mizuki puffed, " Rule number one, only have one girlfriend, which is going to be XieNa. "

" Oh wow, so now there're rules? "

" Follow the rules, strictly, if you want to win XieNa's heart. " Mizuki warned before she continued, " Rule number two, never be late! It's very impolite to let a girl wait so long for you! "

" Okay, okay, I'm sorry alright? " He raised his hands up to surrender as he send the girl a charming smile. Rolling her eyes, she told him, " That is not going to work on me. "

" I guess birds of the same feather flock together huh. "

Mizuki give Kai a questioning look and he explained himself with a sigh, " XieNa doesn't buy that either. "

" I would love to teach you more, but since somebody is so late that XieNa is going to arrive soon, I can't. One last note before I go, give her this bouquet when you see her later, and try not to make her angry. " She started off sacartiscally, but ended with an advice.

Recieving the roses from Mizuki, Kai put on a thoughtful look, " I don't know if I should thank you for that statement you just made. "

" Save the thanks, and focus on how to deal with XieNa later. " The girl smirked as she left the guy alone to wait for her dongsaeng. Kai played around with the flowers as he waited alone at the front entrance of the cinema, not wanting to miss XieNa if she passed by. It wasn't long before the female lead of the date arrived.

" What are you doing here! "

" Here, have these roses. " Kai passed the stunned girl the bouquet he just took from Mizuki a few minutes ago, " Don't be so suprised! I was waiting for you, you know. "

" This is not a suprise, but a nightmare! Why would you be waiti- " XieNa stopped halfway when she realised what was going on, " Oh my god, no wonder Mizuki unnie said sorry to me yesterday! It's because she wasn't the one I'm going to watch the movie with, but you! "

Kai nodded at her intelligent guess, " That's right. So shall we go in? "

" We are not going anyway! I'm going home! "

Pushing the flowers back to Kai, XieNa stomped towards the evalator. Quickly following behind, he reasoned, " Hey, come on! We shouldn't waste the tickets, right? "

" Since you're so rich, why would you even care about the tickets' money? "

" That's true. " Kai agreed, " But it's a nice movie! I'm sure you would like it. "

" If you want to watch it, go ask one of your girlfriends. " XieNa suggested without slowing down her walking speed one bit and Kai shrugged, " You're my only girlfriend now. "

" [English] What?! " She exclaimed in shock, " When did I even become your girlfriend?! What happened to all your other girlfriends? "

" I broke up with all of them five minutes ago. " He calmly stated as her jaw dropped. Offering the roses to XieNa again, " So... my only girlfriend, would you do me the honor by watching this movie with me? "

After a few seconds of silence, XieNa snatched the flowers out of his hands and turned to walk back to the cinema, " [English] I'll go just so that I can stop seeing your face in the dark theatre. "

 
Kai smirked to himself as he silently celebrated his small victory in his head. That Mizuki girl does help huh.