☁ D e s t i n y

✡ A Thousand Years — Time Travel
chapter twelve
 
12.1: disaster
29-01-2015 | 03:00PM

The reason as to why Yoseob was trapped in 3015? It all started one fine afternoon, when JaeKyung was at work and when nobody knew where Jane was. Mizuki was caught offguard when she exited Yoseob's house.

" What exactly are you?! " DaJung cried.

" What do you mean? " Mizuki asked.

" Ever since you appeared with that... that thing! " The tiny girl fumed, pointing to the machine in her hand, " Yoseob oppa has been acting weird! "

" This... this thing has nothing to do with it. " The older girl gulped as she hid the machine behind her back.

" What do you mean nothing to do with it? It so obviously made Yoseob oppa busier than usual! He's always worrying about this, worrying about that, rushing here, rushing there, always talking about you girls! "

" I understand what you are trying to say, bu- "

" No you don't! You girls are trying to snatch Yoseob oppa away from me! " The 7 year old burst out in tears as she pointed accusingly to the other girl. Shocked, Mizuki quickly tried to calm the other girl down, " Don't cry! We really aren't trying to steal your Yoseob oppa! "

The front door of the house opened and out came MinSeo and GoEun, they've must had heard the commotion outside and came to take a look, " What's going on? "

" Unnie! " Mizuki turned to face the new additions while trying to keep the machine out of their sight. It's not going to be good if they finds out that she had attempted to steal Yoseob's time machine just so that they won't have to go back home. Going back home would just be tortue, being under the limelight, stucked at home, facing her father, going on blind dates, all of it were just plain horrible. And so, she came up with this brillant-but-not-so-brillant idea - hiding the time machine.

The two girls walked over to the noisy duo and GoEun positioned herself beside the desperate girl. Mizuki looked at them with pleading eyes, asking for help, and MinSeo calmly walked over to the tiny girl, bending down to match her height, " What's wrong? Did this unnie over here do anything to offend you? "

" Unnie! "

GoEun gave the girl beside her a tiny elbow shove, indicating that she should just keep shut, and MinSeo Ignored Mizuki's protest, continuing, " You have to tell me what's wrong before I can help you. "

In between sobs, DaJung mumbled as she pushed MinSeo away, " I hate you! You're taking Yoseob oppa away from me! "

" DaJung ah, we're not going to take Yoseob oppa away from you. We're just here for a holiday, we'll be gone soon. " She patiently explained, but the other girl just won't believe that, " You're lying! "

" I'm not! I'll pinky promise you. " Smiling kindly, she put her pinky finger up, giving DaJung an eager eye, waiting for her to loop her fingers around hers. GoEun nodded her head smilingly, proud of her friend. With seven younger siblings at home, it's no doubt she would be better at dealing with kids as compared to the other girls. DaJung sniffed, debating with herself whether she should accept their reasonings. However, before she could make up her mind, DooJoon came out of his house, with his two best friends following right behind him. " Oh my god! What do you think you're doing to my sister! "

Rushing forward, he picked up DaJung and glared accusingly at the three girls. MinSeo got back up on her feet and backed away, " We were ju- "

" Don't you weird girls dare to disturb us ever again! If not you don't know what we're going to do to you. " He warned threateningly as JunHyung casually rolled up his sleves and HyunSeung... kicked the pebbles on the ground.

Mizuki quickly put up her two hands to keep them at a distance, " Don't you dare to try anything. "

" Oh! What's this! " The guy snatched the machine out of her hand in less than a second. MinSeo's eyes widened in suprise as what just happened registered in her head, and Mizuki jumped in shock as she desperately tried to get the machine back from the obviously taller guy. He raised it high up above his head, JunHyung coming foward to keep the girls away from his friend and HyunSeung... still kicking pebbles.

The door opened again, and this time, it's Yoseob and RyuRa, " W-what are you guys doing?! "

RyuRa stared wide eyed at the mess in front of them, pushing here and there, the seven of them were pretty much in a fight. Yoseob quickly rushed forward, trying to pulled them apart, trying to scream on top of their already loud voices, " STOP IT! "

" GIVE IT BACK! "

" WHAT IS THIS! "

" WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO DO?! "

" STOP PUSHING ME! "

" AHHH! DON'T BITE ME! "

" DON'T YOU DARE! "

" GO AWAY! "

" OH MY GOD! "

" WHO'S PULLING MY HAIR?! "

RyuRa made a face as she saw the machine flew out of someone's hand, rotating in midair, towards the tree nearby. DooJoon stared at the flying object, mouth wide opened, as DaJung bawled her eyes out in his arms. Mizuki gasped in shock, MinSeo squeezed her eyes close, and GoEun's jaw dropped. JunHyung reached his arm out, as if he could reach the object with his long-but-not-long-enough hand, and HyunSeung... continues to kick the pebbles. The few seconds was so toturous it seemed like a few hours. As all their attention was on the machine, Jane had came home from visiting L.Joe to see this bunch of humans crowding around the front door. Wanting to join in the fun but not sure what to do, she just squeezed into the middle and gave the person in front of her a hard push.

Yoseob went stumbling forward, just as the machine hit the tree. And it just so happened that the area that hit the trunk was the button. And it just so happened that the button was the clock button. And it just so happened that Yoseob was the only one in the range of the machine.

The bright light blinded all of them as Yoseob disappeared. The machine fell down onto the floor with a thud after the impact with the tree, a visible huge crack stretched out across the face of it. When they regained their conciousness, all they see was a clueless Jane standing in the place Yoseob was at just a second ago.




 
 
12.2: fireman ball
31-01-2015 | 07.00PM 

" I'm so sorry I was late! " JaeKyung apologised guiltily. It was finally the day. The day of the Fireman Ball. She've been excited about this day ever since the day she went to the supermarket with LeeTeuk. It's the first time she's going to attend such an event. Not having any formal wear or appropriate clothings, MinSeo had kindly offered to lend her the beautiful white dress Leo had insistedly brought for her the other day. JaeKyung's hesitant about taking her dongsaeng's dress, but MinSeo was more than happy to lend it to her unnie. Mizuki had been working on her hair and make up all afternoon, it looks like she didn't have much make up on, but yet she looked so different. GoEun was also rushing around the house that afternoon, trying to find the perfect shoe for her. After a lot of troubles, they finally completed the look of their president.

It was such a busy afternoon, and the fact that she's wearing heels doesn't help her in rushing. She eventually came late, but it doesn't seem like LeeTeuk mind it at all. He smiled at her, brushing her apology off, " Don't worry about it. You look stunning. "

The girl blushed at his sudden compliment, unable to look at him in the eye, she turned away, " Thank you. "
Taking in a deep breath, she smiled at the guy in front of her, him with his fireman formal uniform and his cute single dimple, he looked perfect, " You look... really good too. "

" The uniform is one of the reason why I wanted to be a fireman. " He joked before holding his arm up, " Come on, let's go in now, shall we? "

" Wait. Oh my god. I think I left the invitation card at home! " JaeKyung panicked and he
 laughed.

" Don't worry about that. If you go in with me, it's for free. " He playfully whispered as if it was a secret. Smiling, he explained to the confused girl, " I just gave you the ticke in case you came earlier than me and wanted to look around the place. "

She sighed in relief, glad that she did not just ruined the whole night for the both of them. LeeTeuk then joked as he motioned to his already up and ready left hand, waiting for JaeKyung to take his arm, " Ahhh, I think my arm's going to fall off if you don't grab it now. "

Allowing herself to smile a little in return of his charming one, the girl shyly looped her hands into his, letting him lead them into the venue.

The place was huge, the ceilings were high and the place crawled with people. She hear chattering noises everywhere and she sees people dressed like LeeTeuk everywhere. Everyone else was dressed in pretty formal dresses or suits. JaeKyung've never dreamt she would be visiting a place like this one day. A man dressed in another kind of fireman uniform, from what JaeKyung knows, it's a more superior rank than LeeTeuk's, approached them, " LeeTeuk! You're finally here! "

The two of them had a quick reunion before he asked, " And who's this beautiful lady beside you? "

" She's the one I brought to show around the Fire Station that time, remember her? "

" What? You look so different! " The man exclaimed in suprise, " Are you interested in joining our Fire Department? "

" Hyung! Don't do that! You'll scare her. " LeeTeuk playfully punched the older guy and he laughed, " Okay okay then, I'll see you guys around. "

After the guy left, LeeTeuk turned to face JaeKyung concernly, " Are you okay? You looked uncomfortable. "

She bit her lips in embarressment, now that she's in a dress and high heels with make up, she felt so vulnerable. She didn't feel like herself, it's like everybody could see through her and she felt so... . Shaking her head, she forced a smile, " I'm fine. "

" You don't look fine to me. What is it? Is it that hyung? I'll tell him off later. "

" It's not. It's just... just that I don't think all this is my kind of thing. "

" Come on, I know exactly what you need. Follow me. "

Minutes later, JaeKyung was alone in a room with some sofas and tables. She's no longer in the dress and heels, she's wearing LeeTeuk's extra fireman attire, the one he would wear to work, with a pair of sneakers. Both items are too huge for the girl, but at least she can move more comfortably now. A knock could be heard from the door, following with a voice, " Can I come in? "

Taking a deep breath to prepare herself, she nodded to herself, " C-come in. "

The door opened to reveal a smiling LeeTeuk. He stepped in, closed the door behind him and frowned apologically, " I'm sorry about letting you wear that, it's the only spare clothes I have here now. "

" It's okay! I've always wanted to try wearing this. "


" You wanted to be a fireman? "

" About that... "

" It's okay, you don't have to answer me. " He smiled, not wanting to make her feel uncomfortable, " You really suit this look though. You look awesome. "


" Thank you. " JaeKyung smiled as she looked down at herself. The dangling sleeves, the loose pants and the shoes with too much spaces in front. I look good in this?




 
 
12.3: fate?
31-01-2015 | 09.00PM

After an hour of searching, GoEun finally found the place she was looking for. Wide-eyed, she stared at the building. Cars stop at the entrance and people in long gowns and suits get off to enter the glass door of the building. Beautiful lights luminated the walls of the building, and music could be heard coming out of the windows. The girl took in a deep breath before making her way to the entrance, holding on tightly to the ticket in her hands. She've realised that JaeKyung left her ticket at home, and decided to follow the address on the ticket so that she can pass her the ticket. Never would she have known that the place JaeKyung was going to, was a place like this, a place that she would never be able to see again when they return to 3015.

With all the courage she had, she approached the doorman. GoEun was in normal clothings, nowhere near the beautiful dresses other girls were wearing. Gulping, she opened to ask if she could be allowed to find her unnie, but before the question was asked, the man bowed down and made a hand gesture to allow her into the place. She stood stun for a moment, wondering what she should do, and soon decided to go in and take a look. He probably can't remember if JaeKyung unnie did went in, considering the amount of people passing by.

With that, GoEun catiously entered the place. She came face to face with a scene she thought only happened in fairy tales. It's like a ball for a princess. She felt weird stares coming from all dirrection as she tried to make her way around the place to look for her unnie. Staying close to the wall, GoEun bit her lips, she felt out of place, so different from the others. Just as she thought she was going to die from all the stares, a guy in a black tuxedo aproached her, " You're the replacement for NaRa? "

" I- " The girl looked at him wide eyed, not sure what he was talking about. Cutting off her sentence, the guy continued as he pointed to a cold looking guy in a vest behind him, " He will show you what you need to do. "

The tuxedo guy then left, and the vest guy came forward, " What's your name? "

" Im Go Eun. " She replied hesitantly, and he continued, " Let's get you changed into the uniform first. "

He began walking away, motioning the girl to follow after him. Confused, she quickly asked, " Wait! What do you mean uniform? "

" You can't be wearing that to serve the customers, can you? "

" By serving, you mean... "

" Aren't you the replacement of NaRa? So obviously you're going to do her work, which is the waitress. And obviously, waitress serve other people? " He stated in bewilderment, like she's crazy for not knowing something so simple. GoEun looked down at herself, am I dressed that badly? For people to assume that I'm here to work as a replacement?

Looking at the suddenly saddened girl, the guy asked, " Why? Are you not the replacement? "

" I... I'm not. "

" Oh. I'm so sorry for assuming that. We should have asked you first. " He quickly apologised, his cold image all gone. " You're here for the ball then? "

" ... Not really. I'm looking for my unnie. "

" I see. You came here alone? "

" Yeah. "

They shared a tiny conversation at the side of the walls, and the guy forgot about his job for a moment. A slow song started playing and GoEun's eyes lit up. She've seen so many pictures and clips of people doing ball room dancing, and it never fails to amaze her every single time. This time it's different, she's actually looking at it with her very own two eyes. Excitedly, she did a little victory dance in her head. Sensing her excitement, the boy smiled, " Do you want to dance? "

" Huh? " His question took GoEun by suprise, " Ah, no. I can't dance. "

" Come on, can I have the honor of this dance? " He held out his hand. GoEun stared at him hesitantly, and before she could make up her mind, he grabbed her by her hand and pulled her to an empty space. He gently held her waist after p
ositioning her hand onto his shoulder. Slowly, the boy moved along to the music and GoEun tried to keep up with him. Smiling at the clumsy girl in front of him, he carefully counted the beat for her.

The music was slow, but she still found it hard to follow the boy's footsteps. Accidentally, she stepped onto the boy's foot, and she quickly apologised, " I'm so sorry! "

" It's okay. You need to be more confident! "

Looking at him uncertainly, she gulped, trying her best to follow the boy's lead.

" That's right. You're doing so well now! You're learning so fast! "

GoEun blushed at his compliment and the next thing she knew, she tripped over her own leg. Luckily, the boy caught her in time. He laughed, causing the girl to turn redder than she already was. He then asked, " Shall we try it again? "

She took in a deep breath and the boy pulled her into his arms once again. This time, the dance was so much smoother. Despite the fact that GoEun still stepped onto his feet and tripped over once in a while, the two of them had a great time together. The boy smiled at her, and her heart skipped a beat. Looking away, she felt her cheeks turned hot. It seemed like they were the only two person left in the world. GoEun was no longer afraid or concerned about the looks people were giving her. Time passed by quickly and it wasn't long before the clock struck 12. The big ringing of the bell brought the girl back into reality. Glancing around, she quickly pulled herself away and did a quick bow, " Thank you so much for today, but I've got to go. "

She quickly rushed out of the place before the boy could respond. I came here to look for JaeKyung unnie, but what was I doing?




 
 
12.4: souvenir
01-02-2015 | 05.00PM

It've been quite some time, since RyuRa last went to Mino's house. His test was over, and after what happened the last time they met, she was not quite ready to meet the boy again. A few days ago, she was so sure that the boy hated her, and that he only tolerated her because he's desperate to get his physics results up. But she's not so sure now anymore. It had been 2 weeks since JaeKyung and MinSeo came, and it was supposedly time for them to return home, but the time machine broke 3 days ago and they still couldn't figure a way for it to work. And Yoseob was not even here with them. All they could do now is to wait.

RyuRa panted as she jogged around the neighbourhood. It has always been her habit to go for a daily evening jog, being in 2015 doesn't change that. Her jog, was however, cut short this evening when she saw Mino along the sidewalk. They made eye contact and RyuRa bit her lips, oh no. What should I say?
 
Mino smiled and waved to girl happily. RyuRa awkwardly smiled back as she came to a stop in front of the boy, " H-hey. "

" Hey. What were you doing? Jogging? "

" Yeah. "

" You don't seem like the type that would exercise though. " He teased and she half-heartedly replied, " Do I? "

" What's wrong with you? You're so weird today. "

" Me? Nothing's wrong. How am I weird? Why would I be weird. I'm not feeling weird at all! Ha ha ha ha. " RyuRa laughed awkwardly, trying to hide her awkwardness without much success. The boy frowned, " You're... awkward. Why are you so awkward with me? We should have already passed the awkward friend stage, shouldn't we? "

" It's nothing! I'm not awkward, how am I awkward? I am not at all awkward with you. Why would I be awkward with you? You must be thinking too much. " She rambled on before trying to change the subject, " Ah, I'm hungry. Are you hungry? You must be hungry. It's dinner time. We should just go ho- "

" Oh. It's dinner time. Shall we have dinner together then? I'll treat you to something good. To thank you for the tutoring. "

" You don't have to. Didn't we already celebrate with chicken and soju the oth- " RyuRa gulped as she remembered what happened that night. She felt her heart race and her face burning hot. Deciding that she need to get away from Mino, she stated in a hurry, " Anyway, I really need to g- "

" Come on! I know there's this really nice resturant nearby. You really need to try their chicken. It's really delicious. And stop being so awkward! "

" I'm not awkward! " RyuRa frowned, and the boy challenged, " Then why do you not want to eat with me? It's chicken! Your favourite! And my treat! Free! "

" Alright then! Let's go! Lead the way! "

Mino laughed in victory and gave RyuRa's head a tiny push as he passed. She stumbled a little and glared at the boy, " Yah! "

" Are your short legs giving you a hard time catching up with me? " He playfully asked as he walked casually forward. RyuRa stomped forward in annoyance, this guy was totally drunk that night. He definitely does not like me.

They soon reached a resturant and settled down with the help of the friendly waitress there. Opening up the menu, RyuRa was shocked at how expensive the food there were, even a dish as simple as fried chicken was at least three times the price of what she could have gotten from the road side stores. Gasping, RyuRa made a face, " The food here is too expensive! Why did you bring me here? "

" I said I'm going to treat you. Why are you worrying so much? "

" For your information, you are not a rich guy! "

" I will be one day. Don't you worry. "

" Until that day comes, we shouldn't eat here! Come on, let's go. "

The girl stood up to leave but the boy quickly stopped her, " Where are you going? I said just don't worry about the price! Sit down! "

" Bu- "

" Okay okay. Fine. Would you prefer it if we grab some soju instead? "

" W-what? No! No soju. "

" Soooo... chicken then? "

" Fine. " RyuRa sighed in defeat. Mino quickly made the order and she frowned a little more everytime he point to a new dish, " We can't finish everything! "

" Yes we can. I've seen you eat before. "

" What is wrong with the way I eat?! "

" Nothing! Absolutely nothing. "

She glared at the boy as he smirked, totally satisfied with himself. An awkward silence soon came as they sat there silently while waiting for their food to get delivered. Mino was on his phone, laughing at something. RyuRa rubbed her hands together nervously as she took in a deep breath, ready to ask the question that has been on her mind since 3 days ago, " You... do you r-remember what happened... that n-night? "

" Which night? " Mino asked, straight-faced, still on his phone.

" You know... that night? "

" Which night? "

" The night when w-we... drank? "

" Ahh. That night. The night when it was raining? "

" Yeah. That night. "

" What about that night? "

" Do you remember w-what you said? "

" What I said? I said a lot of things though. " Mino thought for a moment before returning back to his phone. RyuRa frowned, " Yah. Think properly. Can't you put down your phone? I'm talking to you. "

" Yes. I'm thinking very carefully. " He looked up from his phone and made a serious face. Three seconds later, he smiled, " But I really don't remember what you want me to remember. "

" So you don't remember what you did either, do you? " She asked, slightly disappointed. She thought that she would be happier if he didn't remember anything, but it seemed like she was indeed anticipating something. Mino made the serious face again, " Something I did? I did a lot of things though. "

" You know. That one thing? " She prompted, and he smiled, " Which one thing? Like the one when I kissed you? "

Shocked, her heart skipped a bit and she panicked, " Yo-you remember? "

" Uh huh. "

" Y-you should... you should just continue using your phone. "

" Didn't you tell me to pay attention to you? " Mino teased and she complained, " I don't want the attention anymore! J-just let me think in silence. "

" Aren't you curious what I was busy with on the phone? "

" I'm not. " She lied. No matter how much she need some time alone to think now, she was still curious about what he was laughing about by himself just now. Mino smirked, " Here. "

He turned his phone over and her eyes widened when she saw a picture of herself sleeping on the screen, " What is this?! "

" Our first picture together. " He smiled, before taking out another phone from his pocket and passing it to the girl sitting opposite of him, " Here. "

" What is this? "

" I know you don't have one, so a phone to thank you for the tutoring. And my number's already inside. And so are all our pictures. "

" Wow. Do you have to thank me for the tutoring so many times? "

" If you don't want it... " He reached out to get the phone back, but she quickly hide it under the table, " Of course I want it! "

RyuRa smiled to herself as she checked out her new phone, but her smile soon disappeared when she remembered how she might need to return to 3015 soon. Well, the least she can do is to fill the phone with as much memories as she can now, so that there's something she can revisit in the future.




 
 
12.5: truth
02-02-2015 | 06.00PM

Tidying his hair using his reflection in the windows from the cafe, Mark smiled to himself. This is it! You can do it!

He had been waiting for this day for quite some time now. He had been preparing and planning so much just for this day, and hopefully, everything will go as planned. Everything was already in place, the only thing left to do, was to wait for the female lead to appear. He glanced around the road, trying to spot that one girl he couldn't wait to meet. She's beautiful in his imagination, but he was sure she's going to look even more amazing in person.

Minutes passed, and Mark stood alone at their meeting place. Unable to keep still, he paced around the sidewalk. After what seemed like hours to the boy, Mizuki finally appeared. " Hey. " He beamed at the girl, " You look beautiful. Like always. "

" Thank you. " She smiled elegantly. She spent extra effort to dress up today, knowing that they were going to have dinner together, " You're not too bad yourself. "

" Looking at your dress, I guess there's no skateboarding tonight. But don't you worry, I've planned out a whole lot of activities for tonight. I'm sure you wouldn't get bored. "

" I'm looking forward to it! "

" So shall we go? " Mark asked and Mizuki nodded excitedly. The two strolled along the path as they chatted. She didn't know where they were going, but she knew she could trust him. She's enjoying every single moment they're spending together, she wouldn't want to regret only after she's back home. The boy stopped in front of a tiny food store, " Ta-da! This is my favourite place to eat! Their food is really nice! And cheap too. "

" Wah, I can already smell it! "

" It smells delicious, doesn't it? " Pulling a chair out for Mizuki, he beamed, " You will fall in love with the food here once you taste it. "

" Thank you. " She politely thanked the boy before she took a careful look at the food choices, " I can't choose! They all look so good! "

" I know right. But don't worry, I'll choose for you. " Mark offered, in which Mizuki happily accepted with a laugh. Time passed by quickly as they spent a pleasant time at dinner. They chatted as if they were life long friends. They had so much common interests that they never ran out of things to talk about. Before they knew it, the sun has already set. They went strolling at the beach after dinner, and she thought they were going to stargaze again, but how wrong she was.

Mizuki rubbed her hands together as the wind blew. The night was colder than she thought it would be, especially now that she's in a dress. Mark saw her and grabbed her hands, rubbing them with his hands to give them warmth. As he blew on her hands gently, Mizuki shyly smiled. Never would she thought she could have a date as normal as this. All her previous blind dates were cocky and arrogant, all of them only interested in her father's money or her beauty. Mark was different, he's real sweet and treats her with respect. But deep in her heart, she knows that no matter how much she wants this, he doesn't, and will never belong together with her.

Pulling her hands away, she told the boy, " I need the toilet. "

" Sure, I'll wait for you outside the toilet. "

Minutes later, Mizuki stood in front of the toilet mirrior, staring at herself in the reflection. What will happen when he finds out the truth? Will he still be the same? Will he even believe me?

She quickly rubbed away the falling tears and forced herself to smile, I'm sure he won't mind. Right? I mean, time traveller? How cool is that? He should be honored to even meet one, won't he be?

After trying to make herself feel better, she washed her face with cold water before exiting the toilet. To her suprise, Mark was nowhere to be found. What happened to waiting outside the toilet?

Mizuki didn't know where he went, but she knew it was so unlike him to leave without telling her anything. Just as she was getting worried, two boys approached her, " Noona! You're Mizuki noona, right? "

Nodding at the stranger boy in front of her, she gulped, " Do I know you? "

" Of course not! But you should know Mark hyung, right? "

" Oh, you are his friend? "

" Mhmm, " The other boy replied, " My name is Junior, and this is BamBam. "

" Ahh, do you happen to know where he is? "

" Mark hyung had something to deal with now, so he told us make sure you made it back home safely. " Junior explained and Mizuki smiled disappointedly, " Oh. "

" Come on noona, this way! " BamBam hyperly pointed to pathway. The girl followed the two boys she just met as they led her to an area of the park that she've never been to before. Suddenly, the two boys stopped walking, so suddne Mizuki almost bumped into them. " Ah, noona, I think I have a stomache. "

" Oh my god, is it very painful? " Junior frantically asked the younger boy, before turning to the older girl, " I think I need to send him to the hospital. "

" W-what? "

" I guess we'll get going first, take care, noona! "

Leaving the stunned girl alone in the darkness, the two boys quickly evacuated the scene. They left so quickly that she thought she saw BamBam run despite his stomache. Sighing in defeat, she was about to try and figure her own way back when all the street lights tured off, and she heard sound from behind her. Turning around, her eyes were greeted by a bunch of colourful fireworks. It wasn't a scene she could have been able to see in 3015. That was when Mark came into her view, with the two boys she met on the same day she met Mark, Jackson and JB. They were holding onto this huge banner between them that says, " Will you be my girlfriend? "

Mark came forward with a bouquet of 99 roses, stopping right in front of the girl, " Mizuki, I really like you, and... will you be my girlfriend? "

Stunned, she stared at the boy wide eyed, as the other boys at the back started teasing the two.

" Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! " Jackson chanted and JB nudged the boy, " Don't do that! I can't hear what they're talking about! "

Mark ignored his friends at the back, his full attention on the girl in front of him, waiting for her answer that wasn't coming. Mizuki took in a deep breath as she tried to keep her tears in, " I- We... we can't. "

" Why not? " Mark was shocked, afraid, worried and sad.

" B-because... because I don't belong here. I'm... I'm a time traveller. I came from 3015, and I need to go back. We can't be together. "

Her tears streamed down her face as she let her secret go. Telling him the truth was hard, and she had tried everything to avoid it, but it seemed like it needs to be told anyway. She turned and ran away before the boy could react, leaving behind her dream life with her dream boy.