☁ T h e L o s t G i r l s

✡ A Thousand Years — Time Travel
chapter three
 
3.1: rude
07-01-2015 | 09:00AM

Her eyelids flickered slightly before she opened her eyes, trying to adjust to the bright sun. RyuRa yawned, stretching her stiff arms and legs. Looking around her, it took her a minute before she could remember what she was doing at an unfamiliar place.

That's right. My plane fell into that house. Ryu stood up and dusted herself. She had fallen asleep outside a stranger's house after waiting hours just for the owner to come home. While trying to look for Jane, she had accidentally allowed her precious plane to crash into someone's rooftop house.

No matter how she looked around the building, she couldn't find it, and the only reason she can think of is that it must have fallen into the house through an open window. The owner wasn't at home, so all she could do was to wait outside by the door. Without herself knowing, she fell asleep and spent the whole night there.

Knocking on the door, she frowned, is that owner still not back yet?

No answer means more knocking. RyuRa slammed her palm on the door, slapping the poor door over and over again without mercy. She was about to tear the house down when someone stopped her, " What are you doing? "

RyuRa turned behind to see a guy glaring at her for almost spoiling his door. She opened to answer but he quickly added, " If you're here to sell anything, I'm not interested. "

He walked past her and procceeded to opening the door. RyuRa quickly explained herself, " My toy fell into your house through that open window at the back, I need to find it, can you let me- "

" No. " He flatly rejected her as he pushed open the door. He stepped inside and was about to close the door when RyuRa stopped him, " Hey! I said- "

" I heard you. And I said no. " He brushed her hands away from the door and slammed the door right in her face. She froze in shock, how can anyone be so rude?!


She quickly calmed herself down before trying to talk to the guy through the door, " Please! That toy plane mean a lot to me! I won't take more than a few minutes! "

RyuRa waited for a few seconds, but no reply came, she frowned, " Come on! Please please please let me in! I just want to find my toy! I promise I won't bother you anymore after that. "

Nope, still nothing. She took in a deep breath and tried one last time, " I'm sorry for punching your door okay? And I'm sorry for squashing some of your plants by your front door... " She stared at the poor whittering flower in guilt, " but I promise it was just an accident, I didn't mean to fall asleep. "

Knocking on the door again, she asked, increasing her volumn to make sure her words can be heard from inside, " Hey, did you hear me? "

Placing her ear on the door, she tried to listen for any sign of movement from within. There was silence at first, but loud music started blasting through the door, it was kind of obvious he was trying to block off the talking girl. She frowned in disbelief, before screaming in anger, " You! "

RyuRa glared angrily at the closed door, as if the glare could reach the rude boy, " I'll be back! You wait! I'll keep pestering you until you return me my toy! "

With that she stomped down the stairs, making her way back to Yoseob's house. Determined to get her plane back, she promised herself that she would never go back to 3015 without her airplane.




 
 
3.2: fire station
07-01-3015 | 12.00PM 

" It's good that RyuRa's back now. " JaeKyung sighed in relielf. MinSeo smiled, " Unnie, don't be so stress! You don't have to be responsible for everything. "

" How can I not be? They are just kids. When can I stop worrying about them? "

Walking down the exact same route they past by yesterday, the two girls were enjoying the soft breeze blowing onto their faces. Despite the sorching hot sun above their heads, the wind still blows, making the weather a perfect day to spend outside. Unknown to the girls, a guy was staring at them as they strolled along the streets.

The dog stared too. Both the eyes of the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and his owner followed them until they were out of view. They were having their daily walk down the street, but the girl across the street caught their attention. Isn't that the girl from yesterday?

The guy couldn't help it but to slightly laugh as he remembered how MinSeo was so intrigued by his dog the day before. The dog seemed to have regconised the girl too. Pulling the dog leash, he smiled to himself, " Let's go. "

Further down the road, MinSeo wondered, " I wonder where did JiHyun and SoYoung go so early in the morning. "

Mizuki had woken up to find herself alone in the room she was sharing with JiHyun and SoYoung. Knowing the adventurous pair, they guessed that they must have sneaked out to play. Since they couldn't go home without the two, they decided to go out for a walk while waiting for them to return.

" They better not cause any trouble. " JaeKyung frowned, as she remembered how Genevy and XieNa accidentally smacked a guy's head with a frying pan in the shopping centre yesterday.

" Oh! Look! We were here yesterday too! " MinSeo exclaimed. JaeKyung nodded her head as she stared at the bright red lights of the Fire Station. Just then, a guy walking towards the station caught her attention. She immediately regconised him as the guy whom offered to show her around the Fire Station.

The guy looked up from his phone and met eyes with JaeKyung. He smiled and waved excitedly to the girl. He quickly approached the two girls and asked, " Hey! Do you remember me? The guy from yesterday? "

JaeKyung slightly nodded her head, " Yeah. "

" Unnie, who is he? " 

" He's a firefighter. We met here yesterday. " The elder quickly explained.

" Ahh, I see! Hello! I'm MinSeo. "

" You can call me LeeTeuk. " He smiled at MinSeo before turning back to JaeKyung, " I don't remember you telling me your name yesterday. "

" JaeKyung. My name is Choi JaeKyung. "

" JaeKyung. " He repeated before asking, " Are you back to find out more about the Fire Station? "

She pondered for a while, weighing the pros and cons if she were to allow herself to follow the stranger. A few seconds later, she decided to follow her heart instead of her head, what were the chances of her being able to find out more about the Fire Stations in 2015 in the future? Now that she've got the chance to experience it first hand, why push it away? There's no harm in just touring the place right?

" If your time permits... "

" My shift was already over earlier this morning, I came back because I forgot something. Come on, I'll show you around the place! " LeeTeuk beamed as he gestured for the girls to follow him into the building.

Excitedly, the girls stepped into the world of bright red lights.




 
 
3.3: bored
07-01-2015 | 04.00PM

" Haiz... This is so boring! " XieNa groaned as she frigided around on the sofa, occupying the whole sofa with her long and slim body, " Why do we have to stay at home again? "

The elder replied for the uptemmpth time, without looking up from her book, " Because we caused too much trouble yesterday. "

" What do you mean too much trouble! It was only an accident! I didn't mean to slam that frying pan onto his head. He was the one that had his head at a wrong position. " The criminal complained, replaying the scene from yesterday in her head.

This conversation had been repeating for the past few hours already, and is probably going to repeat for the next few hours too. XieNa pouted, feeling regret in every part of her body that she would have to spend her day indoors when she could be out exploring the new world. Genevy puts her book down and stood up from the floor.

" Where are you going? "

" Bake. "

" Bake? Why do you like to bake? Why bother baking when you can have things like chocolate ice cream? " The 17 year old smiled to herself as she imagined the tasty cooling ice cream melt in .

The other girl scrunch her face, " Keep your volumn down, RyuRa's still sleeping in the room. "

RyuRa have been sleeping ever since she reached Yoseob's home. Knowing what a light sleeper she was, Genevy's been trying to prevent XieNa from making too much noise, but it was hard, really hard. Especially since the one she's trying to control hates to be told what to do, not forgetting that she could still be hyper while being lazy, a rare weird trait that XieNa have and Genevy still haven't figured out how she could be both at the same time.

Lying on the sofa but still talking like a mad woman and fiddling around with anything within the range of her hands, which happened to be pretty long. Well, at least that's better than having her going around the house absent-mindedly breaking things that didn't belong to them, right?

As Genevy busy herself in the kitchen, making use of whatever she could find in the house, the younger girl pulled herself up from the sofa and glanced around the room. Baking's going to take some time, and she's not going to just lie there and wait, nope, the mighty Hu XieNa doesn't have that much patience. She smirked to herself as ideas started to fill her brain, time to have some fun.




 
 
3.4: skate boarding
07-01-2015 | 06.00PM

" Wait, wait! WAIT! " Mizuki screamed as she tried to grab hold of the boy infront of her. Mark laughed at the adorable girl on top of his skateboard. Apparently, Mizuki was just enjoying a nice cup of green tea while reading her book at the tiny resturant JiHyun, SoYoung, herself and the three boys were at the previous day. She would never have imagined that a few hours later she would be learning how to skateboard from the exact same guy who treated them a meal yesterday.

Mark was just enjoying himself at the nearby empty area when he saw a familiar figure elegantly siping on a cup of tea. He immediately regconised her as the girl from yesterday. After a short conversation, Mark offered to teach her how to skateboard, and Mizuki gladly agreed. She's not sure she wanted to do that again now though.

" Here. Try coming here on your own. " Mark took a few steps back and motioned for her to skateboard over, " I'll catch you if you fall. "

Mizuki uncertainly glanced at the boy, this is going to hurt. She mentally prepared herself for the pain that was going to come with the fall as she closed her eyes and pushed the board forward with her right leg, just like how Mark taught her.

She felt herself wobble and sensed the board going sideways. Her body tilting to the side, she desperately tried to find balance. " AHHHHH! " She screamed as she flapped her arms around frantically.

Mark laughed, " It's okay, I've got you. "

Mizuki felt someone hold her by her shoulders and she stopped falling. She slowly opened her eyes and found herself staring into Mark's handsome face. Her heart missed a beat and she frozed. Never would she ever had expected that they would be staring at each other with her body at 75 degree. She's never been so close to a guy before. Their faces were barely a few centimetre away from each other. Gulping, she could feel her face turning red. Sensing something wrong with her, Mark asked worriedly, " Are you okay? "

Thinking that she was still in shock from the fall, he quickly tried to calm her down, " It's okay, I promised to catch you if you do fall. Nothing bad would happen, I promise. "

Mizuki looked away and quickly stepped down from the skateboard, with Mark's help. Taking in a deep breath, she nodded in embarrassment, " I'm okay. "

" Are you sure? You look pretty shaken up from the shock. "

" Mm hm. " She nodded again, assuring him that she's fine. Still unable to look at Mark in the face, she tried to change the topic, " I'm hungry. "

" Let's go then, let me show you my favourite local foodstore. The food there are like heaven! " Mark suggested as he picked up his skateboard.

" Sure! "




 
 
3.5: ahjussi
07-01-2015 | 09.00PM

The boy stared at the oblivious girl at the corner. She's been wandering around the convinience store since early morning. She never bought anything, nor leave the shop, not even one step. She's just  been entertaining herself with whatever she could find in the store for the past hours.

Not sure what she's trying to do, all he could do was to stare. Just then, the convinience store manger came and passed the boy a packet of food, " Here's your dinner. Take a rest. You've worked hard. "

" Thank you! " He gave the manager a ninety degree bow as he left the store. The boy smiled to himself as he settled himself behind the counter. There's never much customers around this timing, and he could finally enjoy his dinner. He opened the packet, and the nice aroma filled his nostrils. He began to dig in, scooping one big spoon up, ready to send it into his mouth. That was when he heard a growl. Someone's stomach just growled. It's not his, so it must be...

He looked up to see the girl staring at his food with eyes as big as a barbie doll. Jane swallowed her saliva, her eyes not leaving the food for a second. The boy sighed, thinking about how she was there the entire day, she must be hungry. " Do you want some? "

Jane's eyes brightened, nodding her head enthusiatically, she beamed. He passed her the packet of food, and she happily received the packet, " You can have some first. "

She quickly stuff with some food before carefully picking out a few rice grains to put them on her palm. She then slowly take her hamster out of her pocket, feeding him the little rice grains that she picked out. The boy frowned, " What are you doing? "

Jane looked up from her hamster and blinked innocently at him. He then sighed, " Right, you can't talk... "

She then quickly digged in her other pocket and fished out a pen and her sticky note pad. I'm feeding Sebastian.

" Sebas- This thing is called Sebastian? " He asked in disbelief. Jane scribbled another note, he's a hamster.

" I can see that. Aish. Looks like this thing eat more than you. Look at all those fats, and you're still feeding him? "

Jane frowned, ahjussi, Sebastian is a hamster, not a thing.

" Ah-ahjussi?! Are you calling me ahjussi? " The boy glared at the girl, baffled by her response, " You don't seem to know what the problem is at huh? " He snatched the packet back, exasperated by the weird girl, " How can you still feed that thing when humans don't even have enough food. "

Ahjussi! Hamsters need food too!

" Aish! Stop calling me ahjussi! I have a name too! L.Joe! My name is L.Joe! "

How can I call you by your name?

" Why not! I'm not that old! " Annoyed by her stubborness, L.Joe warned, " If you call me that again, I'll chase you out! "

Jane tsked, you are an ahjussi!

" You! " L.Joe glared at the girl and she quickly ran out of the store before he could do anything to her. The boy watched the girl run out of his sight as he blew his fringe away from his eyes, " That girl... "

He was about to finally take a bite from his dinner when Jane knocked on the glass door of the convinience store. He looked up and she pointed at the sticky-note she had pasted on the clear glass before running away before L.Joe could respond.

The boy puts down the spoon and went over to check what she had written on the note. He slightly smiled to himself as he imagined the girl's expression when she said that, I'll be back!




 
 
3.6: Intruder
Yuan Dynasty | 08.00AM

" 来人!这儿有侵入者![There's an intruder!] " The man shouted. JiHyun panicked. She couldn't really understand what the man was saying, but she knew she needed to do something. After studying her surroundings carefully this time round, she thought it looked like a scene she read in the history book before. Realising that the man was speaking in some sort of chinese, she calmed herself down, and tried to communicate with the man again, " 我- 我不是华人。[I-I'm not chinese.] "

" [Chinese] I don't care. You must be killed for intruding my garden without permission! " Roughly understanding what he just said, she knew she had to plead for mercy, if not she would be dead before tomorrow morning, " [Chinese] Please mercy me. I future person, this your garden I didn't know. "


The man laughed at her broken sentences, sending shivers down JiHyun's spine. Not taking what she said seriously, he informed her, " [Chinese] You must be put into jail. No bargaining. "

" [Chinese] Please! I don't want die yet! " JiHyun cried helplessly. Maybe she shouldn't have tried to travel without the others. What would happen if she die there in another time zone? What will happen to her friends? What about her father? There's so many questions and fears running through her mind at that very moment, thinking she might just die under the hands of that man with long hair.

" [Chinese] Your majesty, breakfast is ready. " A smoothing voice broke her chain of cries for help. Looking up with teary eyes, she saw an old woman with her head bowed to the man infront of her. The man released JiHyun and walked over to the old lady, " [Chinese] Please rise, nanny. "

The man helped the old lady up and she met eyes with the sobbing girl, " [Chinese] King Ji ChangWook, who is she? "

" [Chinese] Just someone that intruded my garden, I'm going to have her killed in just a moment. "

Ji ChangWook? King Ji ChangWook?


JiHyun gasped in suprise, is the man standing infront of her right now the king she have read about countless times in the history books? She claps her hands as an idea poped up in her head, " [Chinese] I can know past and future, your past and future. "

" [Chinese] Still trying to lie your way through huh? " ChangWook raised his eyebrows suspiciously, " [Chinese] Tell me about it. "

The girl smiled, " [Chinese] You only son of father. Father died when you sixteen. You crowned king but no power. Your uncle evil man! He control you to kill and war. But don't worry, uncle die few years later. Kingdom become good again! "

" [Chinese] Those are too general! Anyone can say that! " The king was not convinced, and JiHyun quickly asked, " [Chinese] Date today is what? "

Despite his doubts, he was curious what this girl could do too. Seeing her weird way of dressing and speech, she probably wasn't someone normal. After pondering for a while, he decided to give her another chance to prove herself, giving her the date and even the time.

" [Chinese] Uncle poison nanny soon. So make you sad. "

" [Chinese] How dare you curse my nanny?! " The king was furious, and she quickly explained herself, " [Chinese] You need save her! Don't let her drink uncle poison. "

He wasn't sure whether he should trust the girl or not. She might a real fortune teller or she might be just a con man.
What she said was believable, but not wanting to risk it, ChangWook ordered, " [Chinese] Lock her up seperately. Make sure she stay alive. "




 
 
3.7: mistake
Yuan Dynasty | 09.00AM

" [Chinese] How dare you run away like that! " The middle-aged woman nagged as she pulled the astonished girl with her, " [Chinese] Don't you know how dangerous it is?! Do you want to get capture by the soldiers! Life in the palace isn't as good as you think it is! "

" W-what? " 

" [Chinese] You this girl, talk properly! " The lady smacked SoYoung hard on the head, " [Chinese] Stop day dreaming! If you don't want to marry a good man, you should at least practice hard on your wing chun! How can you be so bad at everything? You - ah wait there's soldiers there, " The lady paused her sentence midway and continued as she pulled the girl in the opposite direction, " [Chinese] Look at what you are wearing! What happened to your clothes? If you dress like that you'll attract un-needed attention! Why can you not understand my feelings? I don't want to see you rot your life away you know? Jin ah, You have to buckle up, stop wastin- "

" [Chinese] Over there! " The two females turned their heads and saw a bunch of soldiers running towards them. While SoYoung stayed stunned and shocked, the lady have already started pulling her away, " [Chinese] Quick! "

The streets were in a mess, with debris all over the place. The soldiers were everywhere, dragging young girls into this cage with wheels. SoYoung frowned, what are they doing?

" [Chinese] What are you doing! Come on! " The lady gave her another smack on the head, and the younger girl groaned in pain, " [Chinese] Stop it! "

Figuring out that the woman was talking to her in chinese, SoYoung guessed that they must've landed somewhere in China. Luckily, she had hoped to be a linguistic in the past, therefore she knew a little of mandarin as well as some other languages. SoYoung then asked in broken mandarin, " [Chinese] Why need run? Don't afraid them! "

" [Chinese] You this girl! How can you fight them with your skills! See what happens when you don't practice properly at home! " The lady was about to give SoYoung another smack on her head when she dodged from the incoming attack, " Stop doing that! It's painful! "

Shocked at the sudden outburst of another language, the lady asked concernly, " [Chinese] Jin ah, what happened? Did you injure your head? Oh dear, can you still remember anything? Why are you suddenly talking like that? "

" [Chinese] I fine. Don't hit head. " SoYoung then turned to glare at the soldiers. Rolling up her sleves, she was ready to fight them. Back at home, she was taught a thing or two about simple kungfu, this was a good time to put it into good use. Her grandma would be so proud of her if she knew her dear grand daughter was here fighting bad guys with the skills she taught her. She easily took out the first few soldiers, but the line soldiers seemed to be endless. She was soon overwhelmed by the incoming armed soldiers.

Just as the lady thought they were deadmeat, someone else joined in the fight. Soon enough, all the soldiers were lying on the ground groaning in pain. The lady quickly thanked their saviour, " [Chinese] Thank you so much for your help! "

" JungShin hyung! " SoYoung gasped in suprise as she finally got a good look at the guy after their fighting spree. " What are you doing here? "

The man gave SoYoung a puzzled look and the lady quickly pulled SoYoung behind her, " [Chinese] Stop babbling nonsense! " She quickly scolded the girl before turning back to the man, " [Chinese] My son is so beautiful that the soldiers must have mistook him as a potential wife for his majesty's evil uncle. Thank you so much for saving us. "

The man gave the lady a small smile before turning away to leave, and SoYoung shouted after him, " Hyung! Where are you going? How- "

The lady quickly gave her another smack on her head, " [Chinese] I told you to stop babbling nonsense! But when did your skills improve so much? "

" [Chinese] Why say I your son? " SoYoung ignored the lady's question and asked. The lady sighed, " [Chinese] Didn't I tell you already? From today onwards, you're my son, not daughter! That's the best way to prevent you from being captured by the soldiers. Look at what happened when you don't listen to me! "

" [Chinese] I don- "

" [Chinese] Come on! Let's go home and get you another set of clothes. How can you even think of wearing something like this on the streets. " The lady cut her sentence short and frowned at SoYoung's clothes. Pulling the confused girl along with her, she continued on with her naggings to SoYoung who she mistook as her daughter- Jin.