☁ I n T h e F u t u r e

✡ A Thousand Years — Time Travel
chapter eleven
 
11.1: handsome airhead
26-01-3015 | 09:00AM

The school bell rang, starting the first lesson of the day. Everyone was already in class, waiting for the arrivals of their teachers, except for one lone girl, running around the school compound without rest. She panted as she hurriedly make her way to the next classroom, " They better thank me for this. "

Despite her laziness, she sure is one loyal prankster. Not wanting her unnies to be marked as absent for classes while they're still in 2015, XieNa had volunteered to help all her unnies tap in till they're back. Upon arriving at Jane's classroom, she quickly scrolled through the eletric name list for Jane's. Tapping on her name, she casually mimicked Jane's signature. Seems like it wasn't for nothing when she trained herself to mimick other people's signature in order to pretend to be the principal so that she could pass down some fake forms or instructions.

She was about to leave when she remembered that RyuRa's in the same class as Jane. Stopping in her tracks, she turned back to the machine to search for RyuRa's name. " What are you doing? "

She jumped from the sudden voice that crept up behind her without her noticing. Rolling her eyes, she quickly composed herself. She would recognise that voice anywhere. " Go away. I'm busy. "

" What are you busy with? Maybe I can help. "

" No you can't. Just get back to class. You won't be able to catch up if you miss any lessons. "

" Do you think I even care about those lessons? I only care about you. "

" EW! " She shivered in shock at his cheesy line and Kai smirked confidently, " I know, I am so sweet. "

" That's disgusting! " She made a face as she started to make her way to SoYoung's class, silently complaining to herself, why do their classes have to be so far apart?

"Say.. wanna go get lunch together later? " The boy offered as he follow the girl up the stairs two steps each time. She blew her fringe in annoyance, " I have no interest in dining with an airhead. "

" Not even a handsome airhead? "

" Not even a handsome airhead. "

" How about a tall, sweet, charming, caring, handsome and hot, dancing airhead. " Kai suggested as they reached the top floor. Not slowing down her steps, she puffed, " Well, that's not you for sure. "

" At least I'm hotter than you. Look at that pants! You are nowhere near attractive with those things on. " Kai shook his head in disapproval before quickly changing his words when he remembered what Mizuki told him about not insulting XieNa, " That being said, it's still better than the other one you wore the other day. "

" What is wrong with my pants! I swear I will punch you in your face if you don't leave me alone! "

" If you're going to be so violent, you won't be able to find someone to live with for the rest of your life. "

" You're so wrong. I will find a tall, sweet,  charming, caring, handsome and hot intelligent boyfriend. "

" There's one right in front of you, you know. "

" Ha. So true. " XieNa laughed sacastically and Kai made a sad face, mimicking the girl's tone, " What do you mean by, 'Ha. So true.'? It is true! "

" Not to mention the others, but one thing's for sure, you are not intelligent. "

" You think so? We shall see then, I'll prove to you that I am exactly that guy you just describe. "

" We'll see. "




 
 
11.2: surrogate brother
28-01-3015 | 09.00PM 

" I'M HOME!​ " SoYoung swung the front door open, alerting the whole house of her arrival. Peeking around, she frowned, where is everybody?

The house was dead silent, and there was nobody in sight. It's rare for the house to be this empty since she's staying with 4 other people. She's been rooming with her brother's friends ever since she escaped her house to stop her mother from bothering her with SeHun. Closing the door behind her, she poked her head into the kitchen, " Anybody here? "

No movement could be sensed, and SoYoung moved on to another room. The toilet's empty, so are the bedrooms. So where did everybody went? SoYoung marched up the stairs, and entered the rooftop. Glancing around, she immediately caught sight of her beloved hyung, JungShin. " HYUNGGGG! "

The boy frowned as he covered his ears with his hands, turning to face the sceaming girl, " Don't do that! You're going to break my ear drums sooner or later! "

" Hehe sorry! But where's everybody else? I almost thought the world ended and I'm the only one left to save everyone! " SoYoung looked up at the night sky in determination, as if she's a superhero. JungShin shook his head, " They went to the club. "

" What?! " Her eyes widened in disbelief, " Without me?! "

He picked up his guitar as the girl stomped forward to face the boy, " What were they thinking? How can they go while I'm out?! "

" That's exactly what they were thinking. "

" This can't be the case. I need to go join them now. " SoYoung turned to leave the rooftop, but JungShin quickly stopped her, " You are not going anywhere. "

" Why not? " She whined as she tried to loosen his grip on her hand. " I need to go and have fun! "

" Remember the last time you went? You got so drunk you didn't even know how to get home! " He reasoned, " And you puked all over the floor! I am not cleaning up after you tonight. "

" Bu- "

" No buts. If you want that drunk incident to be kept as a secret from your brother, you listen to me. "

" You're so mean! " She pouted, glaring at the tall boy infront of her. " I'm missing out on a lot of fun by staying home! "

" You can have a lot of fun staying at home too. "

" There's nothing to do at home! " She cried in annoyance.

" How about watching a movie? "

His suggestion lit her eyes up and she jumped in excitement, " Oh right! There's this movie I've been wanting to watch! Come on! Let's watch it together! "

She dragged him down the stairs and grabbed an enormous bowl of popcorn with two big glasses of coke before settling down in front of the tv. She turned all the ligthts off and digged through the movies to find the one she wanted to watch. Passing him his coke, she snuggled beside him on the sofa. The movie started playing and the girl waited eagerly for the introduction to be over. JungShin reached into the bowl and grabbed a handful of popcorn before sending them into his mouth.

" Don't take so much at once! " SoYoung complained, " It needs to last through the whole movie! "

" You shouldn't eat too much of that, it's unhealthy. I'm helping you out, you know. "

" Eyy, I am more than healthy! I can stand a little of unhealthy food. "

" Talk about how you fell sick after running home under the rain that day. "

" That... that was different! It was because I was on my period! Which was why I was weaker than usual. " She rebutted, cursing under her breath, " That stupid period. It's so unfair girls have to suffer like that. "

" I'm the one who suffers the most when you're on your period! " JungShin protested, " Talking about periods, aren't yours coming again soon? "

" It is? " SoYoung smiled sheepishly, " No wonder you're my bro! You know me better than I know myself. "

She gaved him a big bear hug and he squirmed away, " Don't do that! "

In the midst of their tiny fight, the bowl overturned and the contents spilled all over the floor. JungShin sighed in defeat as he pushed the girl away, " Aish, now I've to clean it all up! "

The girl lifted her legs up and beamed, " Thank you for your hard work. "

He quickly and hardworkingly cleared up the mess as SoYoung watches the movie in comfort herself. It wasn't long before he finished his job. Sighing, he went back to the sofa and found a sleeping SoYoung. She fall asleep on the sofa while watching the movie... again. Shaking his head, he picked her up carefully and brought her back to her room. He made sure that she's tucked in properly and that the living room was all tidy before finally ending his yet another tiring day of taking care of SoYoung.




 
 
11.3: club matters
30-01-3015 | 03.00PM 

" Why does SoYoung hate the Student Council? "

" Because Student Council has been trying to shut us down for 3 years now. "

" Why do they want to do that? The Travel Club consists of so many awesome people! " JiHyun exclaimed in shock.

" Well, the people joining our club has been getting lesser and lesser. " Genevy explained, " Take for instance, XieNa was our only new member last year, and you're our only new member this year. "

" I see. I'm sure it'll be better next year though! "

" Hopefully. " Genevy smiled at the younger girl's positivity. The two girls were in the clubroom preparing for their next upcoming event. They were tasked with the job of painting the banner to be hung up during the event day, and they've been working hard on it ever since lessons ended. JiHyun dipped her brush back into the bucket of paint as she pursed her lips into one thin line, I hope Mizuki and GoEun is fine back at 2015.

She've figured out how Mizuki must have messed with the time machine while she was away. She've also guessed that GoEun have accidentally went along to the past. Despite her worries for the girls, she's sure that they would be able to take care of themselves and not do anything stupid. She left the king back at where he belonged, and returned to where she belonged, hopefully the other girls would come back home safely soon too.

She wasn't one who would have been worried about the consequences one month ago, but after what happened at the Yuan Dynasty, JiHyun had learnt her lesson and finally understood the importance of not being so impulsive. She would sometimes wonder how's the king doing, has he been reading new books, how's the country's economy, how's the nanny's health, how's the maid who have helped her with her dress, how's the eunch who was always so worried about the king, but she did what she had to do. She had tried to put the history back into place by returning home.

Genevy took in a deep breath as she gently moved the brush along the cloth on the table. She's staying far away from home, with someone she can't stand and wouldn't understand. The Travel Club was the only thing left which she could look forward to, before the three months of contract for staying in his house expires. She've made so many friends here, and it's where she feels comfortable. It's a place where people like her, people who likes history and reading books, gather. She would be so full of regret if the club were to close down. Silently, she hoped the event they were organising on Valentine's Day would be to help them gain some new members.

As the two girls work on the banner, a flash of bright light lit up at the corner of the room. Turning around to look, the girls came face to face with the boy who've started it all. The boy who gave them the little time travel experience. The boy who they never expected to see again. He blinked in suprise at the girls and they blinked back.
" Yo-Yoseob? "

He gulped, " What just happened? "

" What are you doing here? "

" Oh my god. This is terrible. "




 
 
11.4: repair
29-01-3015 | 05.00PM 

" Where's the other time machine? "

" I have it. "

" Where is it? GIve it to me. " Yoseob asked JiHyun desperately. He's not going to leave his house in the care of that bunch of 6 six girls, he might not have a home to return to if he don't go back home now. JiHyun blinked at the boy in confusion before quickly rushing to her bag to dig the machine out. Passing him the machine, the two girls gathered around him, " What exactly happened? "

" A whole lot of things happened. DooJoon hyung might find out about that time machine, I need to go back home now! " He fiddled around with the machine, not looking up at the girls, " Why isn't this thing lighting up?! "

" Let me try it. The gardener had once taught me how to use it. " The younger girl offered and Yoseob brushed his hands through his hair, " Oh my god, why is the machine doing this to me now? "

The girl did exactly what the old man taught her before, but somehow it did not work, " Erm, I'm not sure what I did wrong, but it's not turning on. It should turn on when I push this handle... "

" Keep trying! "

" It's not working. " JiHyun pouted sadly when her multiple attempts failed.

" Should we ask the gardener for help? " Yoseob nodded enthusiastically at Genevy's suggestion. He then began his way out of the classroom, with the two girls following closely behind, without any delay, " Let's go now. "

The old man was having dinner when they found him. He was suprised to see them visiting again, but he recovered quickly, " What's wrong? "

" This machine. It's not working. I need it to send me home. "

" I see it's time. "

" Time for what? " The trio asked in synced, and the old man laughed, " It's nothing. The machine is broken. The two time machines are linked, which is why when the one in 2015 broke, this one  cannot function as well. "

" What?! " The three of them exclaimed together in shock. The time machine is broken? How will the other girls still in 2015 get back home then?

" It must have been the impact from the fall. " Yoseob mumbled to himself before taking in a deep breath, " Is there nothing to do about it? Can't you fix it? "

" Don't worry, I can fix it. "

The girls sighed a sigh of relief, and Yoseob relaxed, " Fix it now then. I need to go back home. "

" That's not possible. I need some time. 
You guys should go back home first. "

" How long do you need? " The boy prompted, and the girls nodded eagerly behind him. The earlier the machine is fixed, the earlier everything will be back to normal. It wouldn't take too long, would it? 


" I need at least a month to fix it. " The old man stated casually and the boy stared at him wide-eyed, " WHAT?! One month? "




 
 
11.5: swing
30-01-3015 | 09.00AM 

Yoseob sat on a chair in the club room, gently kicking the chair in front of him. One month. One whole month stucked here...

For the girls, it might not seem like a bad idea, since they were all having fun, but for Yoseob, it's everything gone wrong. One whole month, how is he ever going to get through this month? Everybody is in class now, and Yoseob had nothing to do while waiting for the girls. Feeling too stuffy in the room, he walked over to the nearby window and pushed it open. Poking his head out, he took in a deep breath, the air here is so much fresher  than 2015's.

Glancing around the mini back garden, he was enjoying the cool breeze when he saw a girl swinging lightly on the swing. He immediately recognised her. She's the president of the Student Council, also the one he saw on the swing the first time he was here. He smiled to himself as he watched her scribble things onto her notebook, just like the first time he saw her on this swing. The girl looked up from her work and met eyes with the boy. He can't just turn away and escape now since he was obviously caught staring, so he decided to do a greeting instead.

" H-hi. "

Wendy smiled, " Hi. What's your name? "

" Me? " Yoseob asked for a confirmation with his eyes widen, his finger pointing to himself. She nodded and he answered, " Yang Yoseob. "

" You're the one who came with MinSeo unnie to look for a lost item on the first day of school, aren't you? "

" Ah, yes, that's me. " Yoseob smiled nervously, what good memory she has.

" Which class are you from? "

" Erm, a-about that... " He stuttered, " You know, I'm from t-that class... G-Genevy's class. "

" Ahh I see. " Wendy nodded and raised her eyebrows thoughtfully, " What are you doing here not in class, Yoseob-sshi? "

Her question shocked the boy, leaving him speechless. He  took in a deep breath and gulped, coming out with a lie, " I... It's physical education lesson now, a-and I injured my ankle, so I-I was excused from lesson. "

Ever since he chanced upon that time machine, he had been lying a lot. It was almost like a everyday thing now. He gave the girl a nervous smile, hoping that she would believe him. Wendy frowned, confusion filled her face, " This is weird. "

" W-what is weird? "

" Genevy unnie told me she was heading to Science lessons just now when I saw her in the hallway. "

Yoseob stood there stunned, his lips pursed and his eyes widened. His heart  skipped a beat at her sentence. He gulped, what is he supposed to do now that his lie was exposed? His brain was overflowing with thoughts and his heart racing at the speed of lightning.

Wendy laughed, " I was just joking! You should have seen your face! "

" Ha ha ha ha. " He half-heartedly laughed along with the girl, relieved that she did not just saw through his lie. He wouldn't have known what to say if she realised that he was not from Genevy's class. He was not sure how long he could keep this act up. 

" How did you injure your ankle though? "

" It was when... I was cycling. "

" Oh, you like to cycle too? " She asked in suprise and Yoseob nodded, " Of course. cycling is such a fun sport. "

" I think so too! But all my friends don't really like to cycle much. " Wendy started off in excitement but ended with a sigh of disappointment. 

" Maybe we can go cycling together some day? " The boy kindly offered and she beamed, " That would be nice! "