☁ S t u c k e d

✡ A Thousand Years — Time Travel
chapter thirteen
 
13.1: mutation
30-01-3015 | 05.00PM

Scrolling around the library, Genevy picked out another book to read. For all these time she had stayed in this mansion, the library was her most frequent place, and not her allocated bedroom. Sitting back down on her favourite spot, the girl opened the dusty book cover to reveal the contents inside. Excitement filled her as she flipped through the introduction pages to the first page of the first chapter. However, puzzlement overwhelmed her as a bunch of newspaper article fell out between the pages.

Out of curiousity, she picked the peices of loose papers up and gave it a quick read.


DNA MUTATION FOUND IN YUSUKE YAMAMOTO.

POPULAR RISING STAR DISAPPEARED FROM PUBLIC'S EYE.

NEW MEDICAL CONDITION DISCOVERED.

YUSUKE YAMAMOTO WENT INTO HIDING.

RARE ILLNESS RUINED ACTOR'S CAREER.


Who exactly is this Yusuke Yamamoto guy? Why are there so many articles about him and this new rare mutation they found recently?

The headlines seemed interesting. The fact that they were hidden in the middle of these books made Genevy even more curious about the guy mentioned and the medical condition than she already was.

She picked one piece out and read the body text. Beside the body text, a picture stared back at her, a picture that look so familiar yet so foreign. The guy in the picture is good looking, and had a big smile on his face, he looked so happy and confident. There's just something about him that reminds her of someone she seemed to know, but couldn't remember who. From what she learnt from the articles, it appeared that this guy, named Yusuke Yamamoto, was a popular rising star, but he got into an accident which caused him to undergo countless operations. Soon after the accident, he totally disappeared, no media could reach him, and his family members were unwilling to reveal anything even after all these years. Rumors state that he was disfigured and went into hiding, others suggested that he might have died on the operation table, but nobody knew exactly what happened to Yusuke Yamamoto.

Genevy raised her eyebrow in amusement as she rubbed her elbow thoughtfully, I'm pretty sure I've heard about this condition somewhere... but where?

Putting the articles back into where she found them, she closed the book and placed it back onto the shelf. She wouldn't want the owner to accuse her of peeking into his stuff without permission again. The clock rang, indicating it's time for dinner. When she first moved in, she was so suprised at the clock, which would ring everyday during breakfast, lunch and dinner time. It was almost as if the clock was alive. Genevy walked along the corridor and headed towards the dining table.

She entered through the giant door and sat down on her seat. Ignoring the guy beside her, she began digging in. They've always had dinner together ever since the day she moved in. The first few days were awkward, and just as she thought things were getting friendlier between them, she got blacklisted for going through his stuffs without his permission. It's been more than a week since they started having this cold war, but Genevy is not ready to give in. To comfort herself, she just have to remind herself that she likes personal time, and that she'll soon be out of this house and no longer need to face the guy eating beside her.

No words were being exchanged as the duo ate in silence. Out of the corner of Genevy's eyes, she saw red soaked into the end of the guy's sleve. Slightly shocked, she wondered if it's from the wound he got on her first day here. The wound should have been healed though, unless it reopened?

Taking a peek at the guy, she slowly chewed her food. He seemed unnoticed of the red creeping up his sleve. Frowning, she forced another bite into . Can he feel nothing or what?

Feeling her stare, he looked up from his plate. Meeting eyes with the girl, he waited for her to say something, but the girl was too preoccupied with something else. Staring into his eyes, she just realised how pretty his eyes are, despite the fact that they look so cold, lonely and sad, not at all like the arrorant jerk she knows him as. Not forgetting that they're green, a very unique eye colour. She must have been so overwhelmed with hatred towards the guy that she overlooked the fact about how weirdly good looking he was. His features were strangely familiar, like... like the one in those articles!

It was then did she remembered, those with the rare medical mutation are supposed to have green pupils despite being born with other colours. She've known that his eyes are green, but didn't put it into heart, who knows? Those might be just contact lenses. But now, everything changed. Everything is getting placed together now. How he never mention his family or past. How he's strangely living in this huge mansion in the middle of nowhere.

Sensing no reaction from the staring girl, he was about to speak up when she stood up suddenly, and made a beeline out of the room, leaving her half consumed plate of food.

Minutes later, she's back in her room, looking intensely at the tiny tea cup infront of her. " Is it what I think it is? "

" It couldn't be, right? "

" Then how could two person look so alike? "

" Maybe he has a twin brother. "

" Nothing make sense! "

" How can he ever be an actor? "

" Maybe the photo was overly photoshoped. "

" It's definitely not it. "

" I must be crazy. "

" But everything make sense! "

" What was I thinking?! "

Genevy dropped her head onto the surface of the table in confusion. Immediate regret filled her as the pain made it's way throughout her body, " Ouch... "

As she rubbed her newly attained wound, she stood up from the chair and made her way to under the comfort of her blankets, what was I thinking? Talking to a teacup? This guy is driving me crazy!




 
 
13.2: 'I love you'
31-01-3015 | 03.00PM 

The girl stretched her ultra long legs down the stairs. Class just ended and it's finally some alone time for XieNa. She's been busy pranking her classmates earlier today, since everyone's bored in class with their teacher sick and not in school. Her alone time was not for long though, as it was soon interupted by none other than the tall, sweet, charming, caring, handsome and hot, dancing airhead.

" Hey girl, whatcha doin'? "
 
Kai smoothly sat himself down beside the girl and leaned in close.

XieNa rolled her eyes, " Go away. "

" I'm starting to think that's your way of saying 'I love you'. "
 
" That's my way of saying 'I hate you'."
 
" No way. I don't believe you. What's your way of saying 'I love you' then? "
 
The girl smirks and lean in towards the boy. The boy raises his eyebrow in amusement, returning a smirk.

" Like this. "
 
She sneaks her hands into Kai's jacket as she stares at the boy, awaiting his reaction. The boy was enjoying the girl's attention, and was too oblivious to what was the girl's true intention.
 
It wasn't long though, before he realised something was wrong. Something was weirdly fumbling in his jacket. He frowned as XieNa snickered. He pulled open his jacket and found a chameleon resting comfortably on his body.
 
Shocked and wide eyed, he quickly jumped up from the stairs, pulling away from the girl. The chameleon fell, and XieNa caught it without much affort. She burst out laughing at the look of disgust he's sending her way.
 
" Why would you put that ugly creature in my jacket?! "

" What do you mean ugly creature! Look at it! It's so cute! "

XieNa stood up, and raised her adorable pet to the boy's eye level. He further freaked out and backed away, " This is your way of saying 'I love you'?! "

" Totally. So you better stay away from me if you can't stand this- "

She emphasized her point by shoving the chameleon into Kai's face again. She laughed at the terrified boy, so much that tears are forming in her eyes.

Kai quickly tried to recompose himself. Taking in a deep breath and readjusting his jacket. " Very well. Since you just said 'I love you', it's only reasonable that I give a reply to that. "

That stopped the laughters. " What?! "

" There's a school dance competition two weeks later. "

" Wait, I did no- "

" I will take part in it, and you're invited to come and watch. "

XieNa scoffed, " Are you serious? I'm not interested in a dance battle! Especially yours! And I did not just say 'I love you'. "

Kai smirked, " You totally just did. "

XieNa make a face of disbelief as the boy turn to leave, " Don't be late! "




 
 
13.3: date
01-02-3015 | 06.00PM

It's dinner time, and SoYoung's parents had asked her out to this fancy restuarant for a family dinner. It's been so long since they last met, and honestly, SoYoung's kinda excited. She make her way into the restuarant with a racing heart, as if she's going on a date. A date with her parents that is. Oh wait. It's not a date with her parents.
 
It's a date with Oh SeHun.
 
The wide smile disappear from her face as the boy came into view.

What were they thinking?! Setting me up like this?!

She huffed a breath of annoyance before turning behind to leave. However, she was stopped by JungShin.

" Where are you going? "

" Hyung! They set me up with that guy again! By telling me to attend this family dinner! "

JungShin did not provide her with the reaction she expected him to have. He calmly stared past the girl to the table SeHun was waiting at. " Come on, it's not nice letting him wait. "

He pulled the protesting girl past the corner and towards the table. SeHun looked up and made eye contact with the two. He stood up from his seat and raised his eyebrows, " What are you doing here? "

" Just here to your date. "

JungShin held the girl in place, giving the guy across the table a small smile.

SeHun shifted his gaze over to the pouting girl, and SoYoung sent a glare his way. JungShin released his grip on the girl and turned to leave. However, the girl grabbed him by his hand, asking for some sort of support. Slightly shocked, he look down at their interlocked hands before looking up at the girl, just in time to see her deliver her speech.

" You, listen up. I, Choi SoYoung, will never like you. I will never be with you. So you, better go back and let both our parents know. Because they more they do this, the more I'm sure that I won't ever like you. "

" I stand a chance as long as you're single. " He shrugged.

" S-single? Oh well, I... I have someone I like already. "

" Oh yeah? And who's that? "

SeHun asked, pretty sure that she's just saying that out of spite. SoYoung gulped, " Well... T-that's no other than my JungShin hyung! "

She raised their hands up for him to see. She did it so quickly that the owner of the other hand had no time to react at all. JungShin's eye widen, unable to believe what he just heard. He struggled to pull his hands out of the girl's as she continued, " So now that you know the truth, go ahead and let my parents know. You too, should stop bothering me now that you know I'm attached. "

JungShin let out a disbelief laughter, " Wh- "

SoYoung gave his feet a big stomp, stopping him from saying anything further. He silently groaned in pain as SeHun looked at the weird couple infront of him, unsure of what's true, what's fake.

" Let's go, my dearest JungShin hyung. We have a date to go to. "

She grabbed onto his arm and pulled him out of the restuarant along with her. Once out, JungShin pulled himself away, " What was all that? "

" A perfectly executed escape! "

" What? Perf- " He sighed, " Oh gosh. Did you know what you just did? In that restuarant with people staring? "

" What's wrong with people staring. " SoYoung mumbled under her breath, feeling slightly wronged.

" You do know that I'm friends with your brother, right? "

" Yeah? So? "

SoYoung asked, not understanding what's the problem. 

" What do you think your brother is going to think after hearing about this? I will have so much questions to answer to him! "

" He's away anyways. "

" Please! Stop making me clean up after you! "

He huffed, finally showing his annoyance at the girl.
 
" You know how much I hate my parents doing that. Can't you help me out this once? "

SoYoung pouts, sad at her favourite hyung's outburst.

" You know what? From now on, you clean up your own mess. Don't drag me inside. "

He stated his point and started on his way back home. The girl groaned, trotting behind the boy, " Hhhhyyuuuunnnggggg~! "

 
 




 
 
13.4: Factory
03-02-3015 | 02.00PM

The sun shines brightly in the sky, it's two in the afternoon and everyone's just starting to get sleepy after their lunch. Almost everyone. RyuRa rummaged through piles after piles of electronics gadgets just to look for that one hardware that she's looking for, the one that's no longer available in her times, the 3015. She's been there for more than an hour, but she's still just as excited as when she first came in through that factory back door. Somehow, just somehow, she knows that this is the place, today is the day, she will find it. She just have to find it. If it's not in this stack, it must be in the next stack.

As RyuRa bury herself in the piles of gadgets, Mizuki is waiting outside the factory. She had volunteered to accompany the other girl on her quest. She looks at the birds flying in the sky, the trees swaying in the wind, and the young kids playing at the skateboard park opposite the street. She smiled. For a moment, she was happy, before reality caught up to her. It's over.

It's all over.

She will never see Mark again. Never see the stars with him again. Never feel so safe on the skateboard again. Quickly, she blinked away the tears in her eyes.

Sighing, she tried to occupy her mind with other things.

Her stomach growled. They didn't even have lunch before coming over to the factory. Well, RyuRa was too excited to eat, and Mizuki was... thinking.

Patting her empty tummy, she was reminded of the nice street food meal she had... with Mark.

Oh god. Why does everything link to him?

The girl shakes her head clear. But not clear enough.

"Mizuki!"

She blinked. Oh my god, now I'm hearing things! This is getting too serious!

Mizuki took in a deep breath and stood up to stretch. Trying to focus on the sound of the birds instead of the voice she's making up in her head.

"Mizuki!"

There it goes again. It's getting clearer. Like... from my righ-

Her eyes widen as she turn to her right and saw the one she's been longing to see, yet so desperately wants to avoid as well. There he was, Mark.

After confirming it wasn't a hallucination, Mizuki turned and quickly disappeared around the corner. She entered the factory and closed the door shut behind her. No, not now. I'm not ready to accept the terrible truth.

She took in a deep breath and made her way to her friend, trying to sound as normal as possible, "Hey, erm, how's it going?"

RyuRa shoots up from the pile of gadget, holding onto one specific hardware.

"I FOUND IT!"

She jumps around in glee and pulled Mizuki into a big bear hug. She twirled around a few turns in happiness before she realised something was wrong with her friend.

Mizuki could not help it but to burst out in tears at the embrace. The tears she has been holding on to for so long. RyuRa calmed down and gave her a few consoling pats on her back, not releasing her from her embrace, she knows that the other girl needs it. She don't know why Mizuki is upset, but she didn't ask, and Mizuki appreciated it.

Hearing the sobs of her friend, she couldn't help it but to feel torn as well. Yeah, she got what she wanted, she found the hardware, but what about the others? So many people with so many dreams and goals, what can she do to help them achieve those too? How can she be so happy by herself when everyone else is in a state of mess?

Looking at the thing clutched tightly in her hands, she wondered if the boy had also fulfilled his dream. One that she had promised to help him with.

I heard the test results are out today. I hope he did well.

 




 
 
13.5: Song bird
04-02-3015 | 10.00AM

Knock knock.

The door swing open to reveal a smiling MinSeo. Ravi smiled, "You must be here to look for Leo hyung, right?"

He quickly invited the girl into his house as he called out to his friend, "Hyung! She's here!"

Leo came rushing out of the kitchen to greet the girl. MinSeo holds up the plastic bag she brought, "I brought something to cook for lunch later."

"I should be the one cooking! You're the guest here, just relax and enjoy yourself, I'll take care of the chores."

Ravi looks at his hyung, before turning to the girl to see her response.

"That's not right! How can I not contribute to anything!"

Ravi follows the girl's vision to his hyung.

"You've worked hard, now is the time to rest. I'll take care of everything."

"But stil-"

"Oh come on! Just let hyung settle lunch! He's good at it anyways. You can come and play with me while he's at it." Ravi broke the lunch competition as he pulled the girl down onto the sofa with him. She laughed in defeat and Leo smiled to himself. Even her laughter is adorable.

As the older guy busy himself in the kitchen, Ravi and MinSeo chilled in the living room.

"Oh, what's that thing?" She pointed to the laptop lying around the table carelessly.

Thinking that the girl was asking about the program on his screen, he explained nonchalantly
"Oh that? It's a program I use to create music."

He swiftly picks it up and places it on his knee for the girl to see. "You wanna hear it?"

"Sure!"

She nods excitedly, how cool is that?! Seeing how the laptop we've learnt about in history class works in action!

She softly blob her head to the beat and hum to the addictive tune as the music plays. What she didn't realise was Ravi staring wide eyed at her. 

"Oh wow. You can sing?" He asked in disbelief before correcting himself, "Oh no, I mean, you can sing!"

MinSeo giggled at his cute reaction, "I sing a bit at home for the kids."

"Oh my god, you can totally rock this song I'm currently working on!"

"You're exaggerating! I'm that good yet, it's just a hobby."

"Come on, you got to trust me in this. Your voice is heavenly!"

"Thank you." She smiles sweetly at the excitedly boy infront of her.

"Can you help me record this song please?" Ravi looked at her pleadingly. She looked back at him, unsure. Seeing that she's not yet convinced, he quickly added, "Just give it a try! I'm sure it would sound awesome!"

"Well..."

"Please?"

"I guess it wouldn't hurt to try?"

"Oh yes! I knew you wouldn't let me down. Come on! This way!"

Ravi quickly packs up his laptop and began leading the girl into his studio. He showed the girl her place before settling himself behind the screen.

Back in the kitchen, Leo has just finished cooking the dishes for lunch. He came back into the living room to see both his friends gone. Raising his eyebrows, he began searching for them. To his suprise, he found them in the recording studio. He stood beside Ravi as MinSeo sang her heart out to the microphone.

Ravi reveal a face of satisfaction, "Look at that. A talent I discovered."

"She does sound really good." Leo complimented, impressed with MinSeo's hidden skills.

"Of course! She sounds totally like a song bird. A song bird."




 
 
13.6: selca
05-02-2015 | 04.00PM

"Thank you." L.Joe gave the leaving customer a polite smile before standing up to stretch his stiff body. It's the most boring time of the day, and there's hardly any customers. He let out a yawn as he tried to sneak peek at the girl hiding under the counter.

Jane holds Sebastian close to her face as she swiped yet another left on the stolen phone. She let out a silent chuckle. So adorable.

She pouted her lips and tried to imitate the face shown on the screen. Is his hands like this? I think it's like this. Do we look alike, Sebastien?

The hamster gave a tiny squeak as response and the girl giggled to herself. So much treasure in here, I wonder why didn't he show them to me before.

"Yah. What are you doing?" L.Joe interupted her little "me" time.

She quickly hide the phone behind her and scribbled on her sticky note, nothing.

"What did you hide behind you?"

Oh no, he saw. Sebastien, what should I do?


Sensing the guilt from the girl, L.Joe bent down from his chair and reached for the item in her hand. Despite her struggles, he got it out easily. 

"Wha- Wah."

Jane sensed trouble.

"Ha. So speechless. When did you take it? Huh? When did you take my phone? How can you even take someone's phone like that without permission? Do you know it's considered a crime? I'm telling you it's a crime!"

Jane pouted, Don't be angry~ I was just bored.

She stood up from her hiding place and tried to make L.Joe read her note.

"Go away."

Come on. All I did was see your pictures.

"What you did was invade my privacy." He glared at the girl and she returned him a set of puppy eyes, The point of taking pictures is for people to see, isn't it?

"I didn't give you the permission to browse through my photos."

But I've already seen it, so let's move on with life.

She smiled at the boy and he scoffed.

Can you help me print out a few photo? I like the one with your tongue out and this.

She imitated his expression to show him. L.Joe quickly covered her face with his hands and pushed her back under the table, "You're really making my speechless."

Jane pouts, I guess he's still angry, right Sebastien?

She sighs as she peek at the boy above the counter, doing his job. Hours past and L.Joe did not once look down at the girl, not wanting her to think that he has forgive her for stealing his phone. It was finally time for changing shift as his colleague came into the store, "I'll be back after changing."

L.Joe nods to the boy rushing into the staff room. He stood up from his chair and was going to leave when he realised that Jane was no longer under the counter. She must have sneaked out while L.Joe was attending to a customer, but she definitely left a whole lot of her exsistence behind. He groan as he look at his sticky notes filled pants.

He quickly took them out and put them into a pile, before anyone sees them.

I'm sorry.

Don't be angry please T^T

It wasn't even such a big deal.

Don't be so petty, ahjusshi.

Okay fine, I will stop calling you ahjusshi if you promise to not be mad at me anymore.

I'll call you oppa?

Although you're still an ahjusshi.

I'm really sorry :(

Sebastien said sorry too.


He couldn't help it but to let out a smile as he read them. How can I stay mad at someone like her?

Oh, also check your gallery! There's something you should see! <3


L.Joe quickly checked his phone and there it is, a photo of the girl and Sebastien sitting on the ground in the foreground, and L.Joe sitting on the chair tending to a customer behind the counter in the background.

Our first selca together ^3^




 
 
13.7: shopping
06-02-2015 | 08.00PM

The phone rang yet again.

JaeKyung nervously bites her lips as she watch the phone die down. It's been a few days now, that LeeTeuk has been trying to contact her. Not once did she picked up the phone to answer his call. After seeing what happened to Mizuki, being all run down and unable to function properly, she's not ready to become close with anyone from this timeline. Not as friends, or anything else. She've tried to stay away from LeeTeuk, hoping that it will help lessen the desire to become closer with him, but somehow the distance has made her think about him a lot more.

How in the world can someone invade her mind like that? It's just not right. He almost made it into her safety zone. He almost broke down her security. She can't let that happen. What if he's not what she think he is? What if he became tired of her? What if he's just playing with her? What if he didn't see her anything more than a friend? So many what ifs.

The phone rang again.

GoEun walked over to JaeKyung, "Unnie, are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." The older girl nods to assure both herself and the younger girl.

"Still not going to pick it up?"

"Oh that? It's... it's not for me."

GoEun sighs, "Okay then. Well, I'm going to get some things. Jane finished the milk, and RyuRa's been craving for some chicken. Oh, and I'm thinking of getting some tonics for Mizuki, she's been out of her mind lately. MinSeo unnie says we've ran out of shampoo too."

JaeKyung nods along absentmindedly as GoEun listed down the list of things she need to get. Trying to brighten up the mood, she tried to crack a joke, "Too much hair to wash, you know."

The older girl gave the younger girl a slight smile for her effort, "Do you want me to come with you? Seems like a lot to carry."

GoEun beamed, "That would be nice."

An hour later, the two girls ended up casually walking along the line of pots and pans. 

"GoEun?"

GoEun turned around upon hearing her name called. To her suprise it's the boy from the fireman ball. He came forward and smiled, "It is you. I thought I saw wrong. Remember me? The waiter from the fireman ball. I mistook you for the replacement for NaRa?"

"Yeah." She shyly nodded her head, it's not exactly a memory she's proud of. JaeKyung eyed the boy, Fireman Ball?

Sensing JaeKyung's hawk's eye, he quickly introduced himself, "Hi, I'm Lee MinHyuk. And you must be the unnie GoEun was looking for during the ball?"

"JaeKyung." She returned his introduction with hers.

"Are you girls looking to buy a new pot?"

"Ah, no. We're here to buy some new bowls, but we just ended up here somehow." GoEun explained, "But this pan does look good though."

She casually picked up the frying pan she was looking at before the boy came. He took a step back and gave a nervous laugh, "Ah, that pan."

"Do you have a phobia of frying pans or something?" JaeKyung asked the boy who suddenly was on defence mode.

He shrugged, "Not long ago, I was... let's say attacked by a flying fry pan. In this very spot, by that very frying pan."

He eyed the frying pan in GoEun's hand carefully. Mouth agape, she quickly place the pan back into it's place, "Ah, I see."

JaeKyung on the other hand, silently gasped to herself as she remembered how XieNa was grounded for quite some time because she had accidentally threw a frying pan onto someone's head back then. It couldn't be the same guy, could it?

"It was horrible." MinHyuk recalled and JaeKyung let out a nervous chuckle, "You seem to hang out here a lot."

"Well, I live just around the corner, I work at the nearby convenience shop too."

"But I thought you work for the hotel at the ball?" GoEun wondered and he quickly whispered, "That was an extra income, I only do it once in a while since it's against the rule."

"Ahhh." She nods in understanding and he winked, "Don't rat out on me, okay?"

"Of course." She smiled and and he ree as well, "I trust you."

Feeling weird about where this conversation is going, JaeKyung cleared , bringing both's attention back to her, "We should get going."

"Oh, yeah, I shouldn't hinder your shopping time." MinHyuk agreed.

GoEun wave the boy goodbye and was about to leave when he called her back, "GoEun! Erm, maybe you can give me your number? We can grab coffee or something together sometime?"

She looked at him in astonishment, unsure of how to reply, ane he added, "Sometime when you're free? I could show you how to dance. We didn't exactly finish our lesson last time."

He smiled in expectation, and GoEun nods her head with a shy smile, "Sure."