☁ S o m e t h i n g N e w

✡ A Thousand Years — Time Travel
chapter eight
 
8.1: library
Yuan Dynasty | 04:00PM

" [Chinese] Wahh! How you have so many books?! "

" [Chinese] I'm the emperor. Obviously I can have all the books I want. "

" [Chinese] You finish all these books already? "

" [Chinese] Of course! These books aren't here just for show. "

" [Chinese] So you here reading books when your people dying? " JiHyun tsked, " [Chinese] No wonder uncle control the kingdom. "

" [Chinese] That's not true! "

Rolling her eyes, the girl turned away from the king, sighing to herself, " [Chinese] Too bad I don't understand, if not I read all these books too! "

She put the book back onto the shelves and walked over to another column as the king casually picked up a book and began flipping through the pages, " [Chinese] I've never asked you before, but where exactly is that place you're from? Their language is really weird. "

" [Chinese] I-t is?  "

" [Chinese] And I don't remember us ever travelling there. It's like I fall asleep and just magically wake up there. " ChangWook tilted his head in curiousity, " [Chinese] It's just so weird. "

" [Chinese] Hahaha. You must really tired to sleep through the way there and back. " JiHyun awkwardly laughed, " [Chinese] It just a really really really far place from here, even I tell you, you sure don't know where. "

" [Chinese] I do remember on the day we met, you were saying something like you're a time traveller... " He mumbled thoughtfully and JiHyun quickly broke off his thoughts, " [Chinese] No! No no no! I said I know the future! Not time traveller! Fortune teller, not time traveller. "

Nervously, the girl eyed the king, hoping that he would just stopped wondering about where she's from,
" [Chinese] I-I wonder if I will ever have my own book. "

" [Chinese] You? Probably not. Even if they were to write a book about someone, it would be me. I'm the emperor after all. "


" [Chinese] Tsk. You will. And all things you did will record down. "

" [Chinese] The things I did? "

" [Chinese] You know, how you being controlled by uncle, and how you nanny dead from uncle poison. Ah, wait. Supposed dead, but never di- " And that was when JiHyun finally realised that she've changed the past, " Oh my god. Did I just- oh my god. What should I do? "

Panickily, she jumped around the library at her sudden realisation and ChangWook asked concernly, " [Chinese] Why? What happened? Are you okay? "

" [Chinese] Not okay! " JiHyun bit her lips anxiously, I need to go home. I don't think I can stay here any longer. SoYoung, I need to find SoYoung!

" [Chinese] 
I have this friend, you find her for me please? "




 
 
8.2: reunited
Yuan Dynasty | 05.00PM

Tao, JungShin's lookalike, stared intensely at the soldiers surrounding them. He was on the way to his family's dojo with SoYoung, or Jin, when a group of men dragged them all the way here. He's not sure where or why they're here, but he knew the owner of this place must be very rich.

He was made to change into something more presentable than his original clothing. After he's done, he was left alone in this room with soldiers, servants, and maids, whereas SoYoung was kept in the neighbouring room. It wasn't hard to know where SoYoung was due to her loud voice screaming at the poor maids in the same room as her. " [Chinese] Why you making me wear this?! You sure it's supposed to be wore like th- ah! It's painful! Stop it! "

Tao frowned, now that he's just listening to her without her boyish visual, her voice kind of sound like a girl. He have such a high pitched voice for a guy.

After a few more minutes of Tao waiting silently and SoYoung screaming in the other room, the girl was finally brought over to where Tao was. The door opened to reveal SoYoung in a beautiful noble dress, just like the one JiHyun was made to put on when she first arrived. SoYoung fidget in the uncomfortable dress as Tao's eyes widen in suprise, " [Chinese] You- "

" [Chinese] I know it look weird right? I told them this dress is ugly! " SoYoung pouted as she looked down at herself. Tao scanned the girl from top to bottom, " [Chinese] You're a girl?! "

" [Chinese] Of course! " She exclaimed without much thought of her current identity. It was only a few seconds later did she remembered that she's currently Jin, not SoYoung, " Ah, wait. I supposed to be guy. "

The boy stared speechlessly at his friend, whom he had always thought was a guy, dressed like a lady. She was so pretty nobody would have pictured she had been pretending to be a guy for so long. Never would he had thought that a day like this would come. Tao looked away and gulped, it was so weird for him he couldn't even look at SoYoung in the eye. SoYoung came staggering forward as she tried her best to not trip over the train of the dress, " Aish this thing is really annoying. "

Tao took a step back as SoYoung came nearer. The girl looked at the boy helplessly, motioning for him to approach her, " [Chinese] What are you doing? Come help me! "

He was still comtemplating on whether he should go forward to help his friend or should he keep his distance with the now unfamiliar SoYoung when the door opened behind SoYoung. In came JiHyun and the king, " SoYoung ah! "

JiHyun would have been jumping around in joy if not for her unconvinient clothing. The two girls embraced each other excitedly, as the door closed behind the two of them, " It's been so long since I saw you! I almost forgot I don't belong here! "

" You silly girl! " JiHyun laughed, " Don't worry, we can now go home together! "

 




 
 
8.3: groceries
18-01-2015 | 6.00PM

The sun was going down the horizon. Bright orange filled the sky and the trees swayed to the cooling breeze. One girl was walking down the street, hands filled with many bags of groceries. It's been forever since she brought groceries, and she don't remember the last time she went home before the sky's dark.

Back in 3015, JaeKyung would always eat outside, there wasn't time for her to cook at home. All her time was spent working, studying, and more working. When she reached home, she would go straight to bed, preparing herself for another day of work the next day. She would be too tired to do anything else.

But in 2015, things seemed different. She don't have to work as hard. It's almost like she's on a holiday. Despite the fact that Yoseob, or his parents, was more than capable to support all the girls and their spendings, JaeKyung didn't want to sponge off him. She found herself a part time job at a chothes store nearby and with her first paycheck, she decided to buy some groceries back.

She sighed at thought of what happened yesterday when she finally found RyuRa after one whole day of searching, she better mean it when she say she'll go back with us after two weeks.

JaeKyung didn't understand how finding that hardware was so important that she have to run away from home, but well, that's what makes her a physics freak, isn't it?

The birds in the trees chirped and the birds on the ground quickly flew out of her path as she strided forward. " JaeKyung-sshi? "

She stopped and turned instinctively towards the direction of the sound, on guard. The moment she saw who it was, she relaxed, " LeeTeuk-sshi. "

" So it is you. I was still wondering who that really familiar backview belongs to. " LeeTeuk laughed as he came forward, " You went grocery shopping? "

" Yeah- you really don't have to- " JaeKyung felt slightly embarrassed as LeeTeuk started taking the bags from her hands, assumingly to help her with them.

" I can really do this myself, I do it all the time back at home- " She tried to convince the boy to give her back her bags when he decides it's time to change the subject. " Ahh, you shouldn't have went to this supermarket. Their items are very expensive! And their ingredients aren't even that fresh. "

" Is that so? " JaeKyung looked at the bags she just brought, slightly shocked, " Where should I have went then? "

He starts walking. " I know this supermarket with super affordable prices and fresh ingredients too! I'll bring you there next time! "

" Really? Thanks! " JaeKyung was grateful.

LeeTuek smiled, " Will that be counted as our first date? "

" D-date? "

" Mm hm, " He laughed while passing the girl his phone, " Here, give me your number. "

" But I don't have a phone... " JaeKyung trailed off and he scratched his head, " Ahh, then how would we contact each other? "

JaeKyung digged out the pen she brought along with her everywhere she went, from her pocket, and passed it to LeeTuek. Sticking her arm out, she suggested, 
" Why don't you give me your number instead? I'll call you. "

LeeTeuk puts down the bags and took the pen from JaeKyung. Soon, a string of numbers was written on her arm, which she covered up with her long sleve. They then said their goodbyes before he start walking off backwards. He smiled as he made a phone sign with his right hand beside his right ear, " I'll be waiting. "

JaeKyung waved goodbye before picking up her bags of groceries from the floor. She smiled to herself as she looked at her arm, he seems like a nice guy.




 
 
8.4: dog's owner
19-01-2015 | 04.00PM

The girl stretched her arms and legs as she took in a deep breath, " Ahh. What a beautiful day! "

Since they were going to stay for another two whole weeks, she might as well go out for a walk. Yoseob was glad to see them a few days back, thinking that they were here to bring RyuRa back, but now that they had to stay, he had to room three more girls. Not wanting to bother Yoseob by staying in his house the whole day, MinSeo thought it would be better if she spent her day outside, out of Yoseob's way.

Walking down the street, she smiled at the pretty flowers growing nearby. It wasn't often that she get to stroll around the park, she's always busy with her seven younger siblings. Just then, a 
Cavalier King Charles Spaniel appeared below her feet. She bent down to pet the familiar dog on his head and he her hands happily, as if the dog still regconised MinSeo too.

She giggled as the dog her face, " I didn't thought we would meet again. "

" I didn't thought so too. " Leo smiled and MinSeo looked up to see a tall guy towering over her and the dog. She stood back up and asked, " Is this your dog? "

He nodded, " We've been seeing you around here a lot recently. Do you live near here? "

" I... I am here only to stay for a few weeks. " MinSeo explained with a nervous smile. Never would she have thought people would notice her exsistence here in 2015.

" I see. " He smiled, " It seems like you really like dogs. "

The girl once again began fawning over dogs, " Yes! I mean look at them! Always so cute and adorable! So active and loyal! "

Leo laughed, " Your dog must be very blessed to have an owner like you. "

" I don't have a dog. " MinSeo embarrassedly smiled, " My family can't really afford one. "

" Ahh. Well, you can come over to play with this buddy whenever you want. " Leo kindly offered as he bent down to pat his dog's head. MinSeo beamed, " Really? "


" Of course. " He then pointed to a cafe just a road away, " I work as a barista in that cafe just over there. Do you want to come over and have a drink? "

" I would love to! "

Minutes later, Leo came walking towards a seated MinSeo with a cup of coffee in his hands. Placing the cup in front of the girl, he took a seat beside her. MinSeo's eyes sparkled like diamonds, " Is this coffee? "

The boy laughed and nodded, " Yes it is. I would have made you something better bu- "

" Oh my god. This is soooo delicious! It tastes like heaven! " She giggled after taking a sip from the cup. " You shouldn't have made me something so scarce! A simple tea would have done it. "

" Well, " Leo smiled at the girl in front of him speechlessly. It took him a moment to come up with a reply, " I'm a barista. What do you mean by coffee is scarce though? Have you never had coffee before? "

" My family can't really afford coffee. We use tea as a substitute. It's a cheaper alternative. " She explained and Leo kindly smiled, " I see. If you don't mind, come over next time, and I'll make you something much better than this cup of coffee. "

" Really?! " MinSeo just couldn't believe what she just heard. Am I dreaming or what? Something better than this cup of coffee? Is that even possible?! This is better than striking lottery!

" Yeah, come visit anytime you want. "




 
 
8.5: cup noodles
20-01-2015 | 07.00AM

Hi, do you know where's L.Joe? Jane handed a sticky note to the boy with the name tag, MinHyuk, at the counter of the convinience store, who was obviously not L.Joe.

He looked at her, shocked for a moment, before looking down to read what's on the note. He looked up with a kind smile. " He's giving tuition to some rich kid. He'll be here soon. "

Thanks. She wrote, returning him a smile.

Jane then found herself a comfortable spot at the corner of the store. She sat herself down and cuddled Sebestian in her arms. We'll be patient. She gave her pet hamster a rub on his furry head.




An hour or so soon passed and L.Joe walked into the convinience store, greeted by an excited hamster. He let out a small laugh before squating down to pick up Sebestian. " Hi hamster. "

He then look up and around the store, expecting to see Jane around, but the attempt left him disappointed.

His co-worker then walked over, handing him the employee pass. " Thanks. " L.Joe stood up, ready to take over the next shift.

" Your girlfriend's waiting over there. " The other boy pointed to a corner of the store and gave him a pat on his shoulder before leaving the store for home.

Girlfriend? L.Joe put down his bag at the counter and walked over to the corner to see a sleeping Jane. He couldn't help but to let out a smile. She's rather cute.

He let Sebestian return to her side before clearing his throat and wiping the smile off his face. He gave Jane a slight push on her arm to wake her up, trying to look as indifferent as possible.

Jane immediately jumped up, excited at the sight of L.Joe.

AHJUSSI!

Is tutoring fun?

Can I go next time?

Is the house beautiful inside?


Jane excitedly shoved several sticky notes in his face. L.Joe sticked the pile of notes onto her forehead. " I'm not an ahjussi and I've already told you, I can't bring you there. " He turned around and started on his way to the counter.

Jane rushed in front of him and almost fell, tripping over a misplaced can of tuna on the floor. L.Joe quickly held onto her arms, stopping the fall.

" Are you okay? " He looked at her frantically, " You really need to look where you are going! "

Jane smiled and nodded. Can I go to see the big house? Please!!! She put her hands together and gave her best puppy eyes.

L.Joe sighed, " Fine. But only one time. "

Jane squealed and did an excited dance. L.Joe let out a mini laugh and took two cup of noodles from the shelves. " Come on, I'm hungry. "

He quickly cooked the noodles before passing Jane a cup. They settled down and soon started on their meal. " You never told me your name you know. " L.Joe looked up from his noodles at Jane.

Jane. She answered with a sticky note, giving her biggest smile.

L.Joe nodded and asked, " Why do you keep calling me ahjussi though? You don't look that much younger than I am. "

You're at least a thousand years older than me!

" What are you talking about? " He frowned, " How old exactly are you? "

18.

He looked back down at his meal, nervously poking his chopstick into the noddles, " You could call me oppa then. "