*Daddy*

*Monster In Me*

~ Kaylee P.O.V ~

Since it was school night, I was asked to be home early. Halmoni make it so clear that I have to be home by 9pm. At school that afternoon Yuzuyu and I decided to visit Hibari. We spent quite a few fruitful hours going through what she had missed in school earlier, we even help her do some chores and cook dinner. At the very least I hope she felt a little better. Looking at her face when she greeted us at the door makes us tear up. She was all looking so solemn, what make it worse was seeing aunt Hyori on the bed looking lifeless and still.

I reached home 15mins late which resulted me getting nag by halmoni and I quickly ran upstairs to escape from her. I flop lazily on the bed feeling tired if halmoni were to see that I am sure going to get scream again. I roll over to the left of the bed where I have left my diary earlier, I rummage at the side of the bed looking for it, I wanted to jot down all of the events that happen earlier and all the feelings that I have bottled up for that day when my room door open wide.

“Kay?” that very familiar voice, that deep husky voice which I have missed a lot, I recognize that voice. I turn to that direction and I saw him, standing tall and smiling handsomely at me.

“Daddy!” I hop out of bed and ran excitedly towards his open arms. I hug him and without realising I was in tears.

“I missed you too, young lady...” He returns my hug and gently kisses me on my forehead.

*sniff sniff*

I just cannot control my emotions. I cried as I hug him tight. I missed him so badly. Ever since mommy passed away, daddy leaves me with halmoni. He said he will be back once he settles a few things for mommy and now I am glad he is back and I hope it is for good.

“You look extremely horrible when you cry... tsk tsk..” he wipe away my tears and pinch my nose playfully and I smiled.

“Go and change before halmoni finds out that you are still in you school uniform... then come downstairs.. I got your favourite fried chicken...” he said in a very hush tone hoping that halmoni did not caught us and he purposely tousle my hair which he knew I hate it.

“Daddy! Aishhh~~~” I whined.

“Seunghyun! Kaylee!” Halmoni yell from the bottom of the stairs.

“Yikes!!” We both said and daddy quickly ran downstairs while I quickly slam the door and get change.

I am such in a high mood since I knew daddy is back. I quickly took of my uniform and change. I was about to run downstairs when what I heard stop me in my track. I heard halmoni and daddy conversation which there were trying to talk in a hush tone.

“Seunghyun... you got to tell her the truth.. she will be turning 18 soon...” Halmoni voice seems worried.

“I’m worried omma... and I don’t know how to explain to her...” Daddy was worried too but what the hell it got to do with me turning 18?

“You want me to tell her? I can you know but I refuse to. Choi Seunghyun, you are her father no matter what and from the moment I accepted you as my son in law I have forgiven and forgotten what you are... don’t disappoint me in this... tell her and teach her how to protect herself. I am old Seunghyun and I don’t know how long I can live... I am worried, the moment she turn 18 she will be vulnerable, the protection charm will be disarm...” I heard halmoni soft sob and I just could not figure out what their conversation was about.

“I’m so sorry omma, I will do it.. I will tell her, I didn’t mean to make you like this... please forgive me omma...” that was the last thing I heard before I heard halmoni change the subject.

I suddenly felt half-hearted to be with them. I just wanted to be alone but the thought of daddy and how I missed him; I change my mind and try to put on a happy face. I skip downstairs and join them at the table. Daddy updated us on all the things he did. From selling our old house to packing and sealing mommy stuff at the university, Well mommy was a well known professor at one of the local university. She was teaching Ancient Arts and the Mythology so I knew what stuff mommy had which was so precious and valuable to her. We were rather having a good time when daddy’s phone rang.

“Yes Gackt, what?! I be right there...” Daddy hung up and called someone.

“Il-gook hyung, we need you... now...” He hung up again and kissed me.

“Daddy, where’re you going?”

“I will be at Uncle Gackt’s house; he need help... you stay with halmoni ok?” He pats me on the head as he rush to grab his coat.

“Daddy! What’s going on? Is Hibari ok?” I held his arms as he was about to leave.

“She will be ok... Don’t worry.. I have to go now... I love you..”he kissed me once more on the cheek and went off. I stood there at the doorway staring at his back as he walks away.

I felt frustrated and annoyed. I have been keeping a straight face even though I badly wanted to know what about me that they were both talking about, then now this, going off without telling me what happen. Hibari is my best friend, Aunt Hyori and Uncle Gackt is just like family to me, knowing that Aunt Hyori is not in a stable condition of course I am freaking worried!

“Kay...” Halmoni touch my hand.

“I’m sorry halmoni, I want to be alone... good night..”I kissed that rosy red wrinkly cheek of hers and walk upstairs.

“Goodnight Kaylee, I love you...” I heard halmoni sweet voice as I walk up the stairs. My once control emotions break loose. Tears start to pour down my cheek.

I lay myself down on the bed and open up my journal. I wrote down everything that I felt about me, daddy and halmoni. I realised how much I missed mommy. If only she was here everything will be just different. I missed her presence. I wonder how daddy manages to overcome the harsh impact of losing mommy, someone who is precious to him. I cried silently the more I think about it and eventually I drifted myself to sleep with a picture of mommy hug closely to my chest.