*Turning 18*

*Monster In Me*

~ Kaylee P.O.V ~

Even though numerous times I have protest, all of them still insisted on celebrating my 18th Birthday. It is not that I really do not want to but I am feeling nervous, anxiety and even fear. Just like Daddy and Halmoni said I will lose my charm protection and it will reflect back to Aunt Hyejin. At first I wonder, how was I am link to Aunt Hyejin? After studying about the history of magic and a few explanations from Yuzuyu then I understand. We were the next generations of the circle to be bind, and since mommy was the eldest, she was connection to Hibari whom also the eldest of among us. Followed by Aunt Hyori and Yuzuyu and the lastly, Aunt Hyejin and myself. It somehow works that way, to enclose and guard our power. But somehow or someone manage to break the balance and annihilate mommy and eventually to us all.

I was lazing and lying on my bed reading a book which I found in Halmoni’s room called ‘Plants & Herbs in the Magical World’. I know it does sound lame but the contents and text sure are interesting. It was a good book which teaches how to identify poisonous plants and what is good for brewing potions. I saw a few spells which was hand written at the side of the empty pages. It seems like mommy’s handwriting. I quickly grab a piece of paper and jot the ingredients and how to do the incantation spells.

PROTECTION SPELLS

-IRON NAIL

-ROSEMARY

-SAGE

-BETTLE LEAF

-SHELLS (3)

-AGUE ROOT

-ANGELICA ROOT

Instruction:~

*Bless the iron nail by immersing into salty water

*All the herbs, roots and shells grind into powder

*On a full moon, throw the iron nail in a lake

*Sprinkle the powder on the reflection of the moon and chant the spell

 

‘Ill health I do tell, run through this iron well

Enchanted water I pour it on,

Blind the evil that lure from hell,

Circle of protection heeds my words,

Form a contract and bind the spell,

Hope all of us are free and well’

 

 

I was still in a daze thinking about how the hell I am going to get that Angelica Root from when Daddy knock on my door.

 

“Come in!!”

 

“Busy?”

 

“Nope... just reading” I showed him the book.

 

“Hmm... plants and herbs?” He looks at me and grin.

 

“What? I know its lame... not like Astrology or Divination...” I got up and sat upright on the bed.

 

“Well... Just like mommy... She loves botanicals... She learns a lot about them and somehow she manages to find something to stop my craving...”

 

“How about now? Do you still...”

 

“Nope... not anymore... all thanks to your mommy... She helps me to control it with an herbs and she teaches me how to consume animal blood rather than humans...”

 

“Daddy... do you missed her?”

 

“Of course sweetheart....  Every single day...” I look at him and I saw his teary eyes. I realised that it was a mistake to ask him that sensitive question.

 

“Oh! I forgot I was supposed to give you something... hangs on!” He hurriedly went out and within seconds he was back standing right in front of me with a box in his hands.

 

“Did you… do you just... Used your power?” I stammer my words and all he did was wink at me. I wish I had something like that too.

 

“Stop wishing and open the box...”

 

“Daddy.... that’s not fair! You keep getting in my head...” I pout and open the box quietly.

 

The box was filled with mummy’s stuff, from ancient books, crystal balls, mirror and also two blades. I knew what it was; it was an Athame and a bolline! I still remember what mommy told me when I was so curious about what this blade was. She said an Athame was a ceremonial dagger used in wicca, a double edge blade with a black handle. It was not for killing but for ritual purposes. I took it in my hand and I felt an electrifying sort of energy went inside me. I felt strength and also bolder. Beside that I saw another dagger, with a ‘C’ shape blade and a white handle. I knew this too! It was a Bolline, it was more for cutting of herbs and plant and also craving on candles. I cannot wait to try that Bolline soon, anyway I have a mission to find that Angelica Root.

 

“That few books are all from your ancestors and to your Halmoni, mommy and now to you...”

 

“It is yours now to keep and use it wisely, learn how to... another thing... tonight at exactly midnight you turn 18 and... your power....” Daddy stops talking and sigh. The crease on his forehead form and gave me that worry looks.

 

“I will be fine Daddy... even though I feel scared but I know I will get it over and done with...” I held Daddy’s hand and he tighten his grip.

 

“I know you can Kaylee... and you are so lucky to have so many people around you that love you. Be thankful for that... I am just a little worried that you might turn out to be like me… which I don’t want you too... “

 

“Daddy, even if I be like you, I believe I am still your little girl and I will be just like you... Strong and able to overcome everything...” I circle my hand around his waist and hugged him for a moment and not wanting to let go.