*Jinn*

*Monster In Me*

~ Yuzuyu P.O.V ~

After Kaylee’s 18th birthday ritual which had went well, that girl constantly pestering us to have a slumber party over at her house. In the end, we gave in. Thanks Salem! Despite of all the emotional turmoil from the sudden disclosure of the family history, Kaylee keep calm and carry herself well during the ritual.  What we worried right now is Kaylee would not turn to be like uncle Seunghyun. For now we could only pray.

 

Anyway I got to stop thinking about that and focus on finding Helena. She has been missing since the night before after that annoying cat of mine has a little tiff with Merlin.

 

“What exactly have you done to Helena, Merlin?!” Kaylee was getting all agitated with Merlin.

 

“I didn’t do anything! I’m innocent here~~~” Merlin was force to be seated in front of us.

 

“Stop giving me that pitiful look... and confess or I’m gonna use magic and plaster you on the wall until sunset!”

 

“I didn’t do anything to hurt her; I swear on my pinky paw... we were just chatting. When I told her of me and that flirty stray kitty... she pawed me in the face and walk away... Hey! I’m the victim here!” Merlin pled as all eyes on him.

 

“How stupid can you be, Merlin? Obviously Helena likes you and you talk about other kitty... of course she will be upset you stupid cat....” I carried him in my arms and cuddle him until he cries for help and breathless.

 

“I didn’t know that! She should have told me so...” Merlin ran off out of the house.

 

“I’m sorry Yuzuyu...” Kaylee look at me apologetically.

 

“It’s alright... I got to find her soon... Before the party starts...”

 

Searching for Helena is not an easy task since she still has magic to cover her whereabouts.  It becomes harder for me to dows on her. I have search high and low, even went to the usual place she normally went and still there were no sign of that feline. The civil twilight colors have splay out across the sky and I really need to hurry, I cannot be late for Kaylee’s party. I was walking at the side of a freeway when I notice a man holding a white kitty in his arms. I speed up my pace and my instinct was correct. He had Helena! I grab a huge stone by the roadside and threw magically at him hard.

 

“You ! Put her down!”

 

~ Miyavi P.O.V ~

It was really a long and tiring day at that 24 hours diner which I got no choice but to work my off. I was pissed with that two idiotic dongseng of mine. Maki did not turn up for his morning shift and that Mino, he refuses to cover for him. He gave me an excuse that he needs to settle something. I slung my haversack over my sore shoulder and turn to shortcut route by the freeway to get home. I was scanning through my MP3 looking for Alsdead latest song when I heard a soft faint meow. I turn to the direction of it and saw a white kitty in a middle of the road. It looks petrified, I mean it is and I can sense it strongly. At that exact moment I heard a loud horn, I saw a big trailer coming right at that kitty. I threw my haversack away and use a little magic; I dash to that helpless kitty and pick it up.

 

“Hey! You ok kitty?”

 

“You ! Put her down!” There was a sudden thud as something hits my head, followed by that voice.

 

It still hurts like hell even though I can withstand it. I felt my anger rising from the back of my neck to my brain. There were strings of curses that played in my mind just waiting to launch at her.

 

“Incarceous!” I recite loud and as I turn, my eyes caught on a beautiful angel like creature standing behind me. Her fair skin complexion compliment her long, straight, black hair, oval shape facial and those dazzling hazel eyes that captivate me.

 

“Rilascio!”Almost immediately the rope that binds her vanishes in thin air.

 

 “Now, it’s my turn...” She points her finger at me.

 

“Anteoculatia—“

 

“Yuzuyu! Don’t!!!” shriek a high pitch voice, coming from the pavement; don’t tell me the cat talk?

 

“Don’t stop me, Helena! Let me finish him!”

 

“B-but Yuzuyu… He is my savior! He saved me from getting hit by a trailer!” That cat look at me innocently.

 

“Beside... I think he is some sort like us...”

 

“What are you?” I interrupted them.

 

The girl scoops up her cat without responding my question; she turns and walks away from me. I cannot let her go just like that! I want to know more. I murmur a spell and my eyes dart intensely at her from the back. Abruptly she stops walking and turn look at me zombified.

 

“My name is Yuzuyu Avery. This is my cat Helena Avery. I’m half witch and half faerie, she is a pure breed witch descendants from Salem like my mother.“ The trance spell work and automatically she spills the details.

 

“Who is your father?” I do not like what I am hearing or maybe she is from a different Avery.

 

“He’s a faerie...”

 

“Which part?” I held my breath waiting for her reply.

 

“Baekje”

 

“Stay still and don’t move... it won’t kill you... it will be gone until you feed my curiosity...” I can sense her trying to break the spell.

 

“What is your Abeoji name?”

 

“Radu Avery but now he is known as Song Ilgook...” That was enough information I need to hear, I slowly let the spell lingers off and quickly disappeared.

 

~ Yuzuyu P.O.V ~

 

The next moment I felt a strong gust of wind hit me and Helena. The both of us landed on the hard pavement. We are free from the spellbound but who was that guy. He could not just vanish into thin air; I cannot even detect his scent as if his presence does not exist.

 

“Helena, when you said he was like us... what do you mean?”

 

“He’s not a witch or a faerie... He was a race we do not speak of among our people...”

 

“He’s a Jinn?!” I was dumbfound and could not believe it! That guy who save Helena was a deem enemy of Abi’s family!? Somehow I believe Helena, after tasting the power he threw at me just now, it is hard to doubt it.

 

“I wonder what his name is, I didn’t get a chance to ask or even thank him...”

 

“If I’m not wrong, he was the last of his kind and the first too... it was the same one who killed your family... You should know what his name was Yuzuyu...” Helena looks at me scornfully.

 

I gulp as I heard Helena explanation. If Abi was to find out, what would Abi do? Revenge? Destroy him? A strong and immortal Jinn, he was none other than Miyavi, the one we fear the most.