*Wolf Man*

*Monster In Me*

~ Hibari P.O.V ~

It was pretty hot Thursday afternoon and I have just finished tutoring Kaylee on Divination, which she complains it was such a dragging subject... Idiot her! Wait till I get into the crystal ball part; is way more fascinating than tea leave reading. We were hanging out at my basement; to be precise, witches’ sanctuary. There are collection ranging from my family generations of the book of shadows to other like candles, mirror and even those voodoo dolls that we inherited from a shaman that had passed during a witch war in New Orleans.

“I’m bored.. can we do something more uplifting?” Kaylee flop her lazy arse on the bean bags cushion.

“Such as?” I asked as I was putting away those Divination books back on the shelf.

“You tell me... You’re one of the most experiences around here...” I look at Kaylee who had stuck out her tongue at me and I just felt like kicking her for being annoying.

“Hey! How about we sought out that wolf fur problem... I think tonight is a good night... the lunar moon is at the peak so those wolves are sure to be out hunting and all...” Yuzuyu suggested.

“That’s exciting!” Kaylee continues.

“Yah! Baka! It’s dangerous out there and I don’t want you both to come along, especially with this newbie here...” I point at Kaylee. I rather go by myself on these mini quest of mine since I am confidence that I am able to do it on my own and I do not want to trouble them.

“I be good! I promise!” Kaylee look at me with pleading eyes.

“Yuzuyu! Help me on this...” I was hoping that she might agree with me but I was wrong.

“I guess Kaylee and I should tag along... it will be a good experience for her and this wolf thingy is for my mummy... I should be with you and assist you...”

“What if anything were to happen? Kaylee got no magic yet...”

“I’m there... I think I can protect her...”

In the end, I reluctantly agreed as I really am outnumbered and my God, I just could not argue with their stubbornness. We did quick research through Google on any wild wolves’ location, lucky enough there were some in natural reserves forest that caters for them. It was at the outskirt of a quiet village near Seoraksan, forest with a nature made valley that is well protected. It will take us around 3 hours ride by car and if we were to leave home in an hour time we will reach there just in time at dusk. An hour of waiting, snip the fur and we will be home.

“Can you help me with dowsing later so that we won’t waste much time waiting?”

“Sure! Alpha wolf right?” Yuzuyu answered and so that settles. I get ready few stuff then off to Yuzuyu’s and Kaylee’s to let them get change and pack their necessities.

It was almost dark when we reach the forest and thanks to Yuzuyu's dowsing, we manage to get the exact locations spot where there might be wolves. While they were busy setting up the bait, which was actually Kaylee’s dinner since we got no time to get any raw meat and lucky she was “generous” enough to give up her favourite medium rare steak, I prepare the trap with nets and cover it over with dried twigs, dirt and leaves. Once everything was ready, we find a hiding spot among the trees and thick bushes and try to blend in.

30 minutes later...

*SNAP!!!*

“Stay here and don’t move!” I told them.

“But...” I quickly walk away before they start to protest.

I walk towards the tangle net that caught its bait and thanks to the moonlight that shone brightly; I am able to see a greying black glistening coat of fur. I took a deep breath and with cautious I move forward. I tried to sink in the feeling of fear that I am having now. I stretch my hand to touch it and it stirs. The fur is so soft and it felt like silk. It is not like the normal fur of wolves that I ever felt.

“Gomen! Gomen! I just need a few handful of your fur... I promise I will let you go safely once done ok?” My hand was shivering as I took out my silver scissors and snip away when a sudden strong hand grip on my wrist and I let out a yell.

“Aarrrrgghhh!”

I struggle to free my wrist but what is holding me was stronger than I expected. My mind went frenzy of panic, thinking I might get bitten!!! Then suddenly I was pulled towards the net. It was an inch away, when I saw a pair of deep golden yellow eyes glared at me. I froze in fear and my mind went blank.

“Hibari!” I heard my name being called but I just froze and could not move.

“Let me go!!” I got a shock of my life from what I heard coming from the net. It was a voice of a man!!!

 

~ Maki P.O.V ~

As soon as the net was cut away, I am free. I get out from that horrible net and stood right in front of a girl. What I saw was the most beautiful being I have ever seen. She had black wavy hair which drops just nice above her hips. She had a V shape face and those big round eyes. Without knowing I felt a heated sensation right at my heart. It felt good instead of pain and an image of me together with her, in my arm wrap around her, smiling at the back of my mind which I guess correctly that I have indeed imprinted on her.

 “I’m so... sorry...” She stutter with fear.

“What were you thinking?” The gentle look upon her face makes it seems impossible to be harsh on her.

As I look behind her, I saw two other female figures running toward us and one familiar scent which belongs to that Kaylee girl. I cannot be seen so obvious that I actually following them here but I do not want to leave the girl here alone.

“It’s dangerous! Get out of here!”

“Are you ok? Mr...”

“Maki... the name is Maki... get out of here now!” Without hesitation one of the girls grabs her by the arm and ran off. Her name was Hibari, I am sure I heard it when her friends call her. I saw her running but she did turn to look at me for the last time it seems that there were something she wanted to say to me.

 

~ Hibari P.O.V ~

We rush into the car safely and lock the doors, the three of us were panting heavily from running like crazy bunch of idiots. Yuzuyu quickly twist the key to start the ignition and step on the paddle, off we go.

“What the hell was that?!” Kaylee shrieked.

“I am sure what I saw was a wolf!” I told them.

“It was a wolf before it turns into a man! Don’t you girls see that just now? How he transform himself?” Kaylee was known for having good eyesight which she inherits for her Vampire father so it is impossible if she lied.

“Are you sure?” Yuzuyu whom finally spoken while adjusting her eyesight and focuses on the road.

“Yes I am sure! Even though I know I am a newbie I still know what I saw. He was a werewolf and that is for sure!”

What Kaylee said does makes sense. It is true that I saw a wolf in the net and somehow it became a man. If it is true he was a werewolf why he appeared now after so long, it seems that something is just not right around here. Somehow Maki seems different than what I thought a werewolf should be. They were supposed to be evil and do evil bids for the dark side but how come he is a little different. Another problem is I cannot seem to get his face out of my mind.

“Hibari... Are you ok?”

“Ya, I am...”

“Are you thinking about how lucky we were to escape from the forest or are you thinking of that y body of that wolf man?” Kaylee said while Yuzuyu burst out chuckling.

“He was ?!” Yuzuyu gasp.

“He was... and I don’t think Hibari didn’t notice that since she was the closest to that wolf man!”

“Idiot you!” I knock Kaylee’s head.

“Ouch! Yah!” She starts to whine and complained about how painful I knock her head to Yuzuyu. I practically not paying much attention due to that my thought went back to the moment I saw that Maki’s face and yes I have to confess, I did saw his body. I grin as my face suddenly filled with hot flushes. Lucky it was dark in the car if not Kaylee will surely make fun of me if she saw my red blushed cheek.