*Home*

*Monster In Me*

At the crack of dawn the sun peak out from behind mountain of the waterfall. The first rays of the sun grace the Earth can be seen and the clouds become lit with a tremendous warm light as the rising sun greets a new day. The bright warm rays magnified through the open window of the wooden cabin house and sitting alone at the dining table was Mino. He was in a very deep thought thinking how he is going to protect the love of his life and also what if he was caught by the lord himself. He was sure that he will be tormented and be punished for eternity but that was not an issue for him. He does not really give a damn on that but he cared and worried if Kaylee was to be dragged in it too. He let out a heavy sigh when Miyavi enters the kitchen.

“Hey.. morning.. sleep well?” Miyavi

“Morning.. and since when do I  sleep?” Mino roll his eyes.

“Hey chill, you got a temperamental issues way too early boy, You seem to be in deep thought?” Miyavi pull out the chair next to Mino and took his seat without leaving his gaze from Mino.

“I was before you interrupted me hyung....” Mino fold his arms towards his chest and let his eyes drop to the floor, he stared at the wooden floor for a few seconds before Miyavi speak up.

“I know what you are thinking Mino...”Miyavi look at Mino whom he cared like his own brother, when the first he got to know Mino he was surprise at how well they can get along and at the very last he learn and knew what having a brother and a family was like. Since the first he was created it was always him alone fighting the battle of war and not only that when comes about caring and loving someone or creature he was not that good. He learns that a lot from Mino.

“I’m worried hyung.. what if..”Mino

“We will protect her Mino... I gave you my word... not only her but all of them and you as well...  for now we have to wake them up and it’s time to go..”Miyavi stood up and pat Mino shoulder while he walks out of the kitchen.

The girls woke up, freshen up and they bid each other goodbye, all of them went separates way. Mino & Kaylee walks hand in hand through the park, the fresh air does do it good towards Kaylee, and she felt a little better after what happen the previous night, Mino who was walking next to her keep on stealing glances at her. Mino tightens his grip on Kaylee’s hand which makes her flinch and turn to look at Mino. He smiles at her and she returns a smile to him.

They reach Kaylee’s doorstep and Mino let go of her hand, Kaylee slowly slot in her key into the keyhole and quietly turn the knob.

“You want to come in?” She turns and look at Mino.

“You know I can’t right?”

“No I don’t.. Seriously?” She frowns at him.

“We have to be invited in..”

“Then I just invite you in.. that was not hard at all..”

“Your Halmoni have to invite me not you since this is her house.”

“Ohh... I see..” She pout looking disappointed.

“Go on in... I promise I will be there and find you.. I can even meet you in your dreams..”Mino tilted her chin so that she looks up at him. She gave Mino her sweetest smile before she stands on tiptoe and gave Mino a kiss on his cold lips.

“Ok! I see you tonight then...”Kaylee turn the door knob and went in the house smiling and gleam with happiness.

Kaylee enters the house with cautious hoping not to get caught by Halmoni. If Halmoni was to see her in that state, frizzy hair and dirty clothes for sure she going to get interrogate by her and that was the last thing she wants to do. She was super tired and her body was aching from yesterday unfaithful event even though she did manage to rest her dreary eyes a while in the cabin but the tiredness was still there to stay. She tiptoed up the stairs and like a sneaky little mouse, opens the door to her room quietly and closed it behind her gently trying not to make a single sounds. Once she was in the room she felt a sense of relief and let out a heavy sigh. She took off her dirty clothes and takes a quick shower. After freshening up she laid herself on the bed trying to catch on her sleep again but her eyes seems unable to shut. She keeps seeing the previous night event unfold in front of her eyes. How she was so naive to trust that Shin thinking of making new friends but turns out Shin was indeed her enemy. How she felt afraid knowing that her two best friend went completely missing and she was glad she trust her instinct that both of them were in some sort of danger and she was correct. Suddenly she realised that she needed to check on something. She got up and grabs her book of shadows. She opens the black ancient leather book and scan through to see if there was anything that might answer to what she did that previous night but nothing can be found.

She notice some sort of weird scribbling at the very last page of the book. The word witch and vampire were in circle and there were symbols of a plus in between them and then equals to a question mark. It got even weirder when she notices that it was in her mum’s handwriting. Kaylee then remembers that she kept something from the rest of them. About what she did that night? She was definitely conscious when she chant those spell in the forest in order to keep her friends safe. The power she felt that night was too great. She was unable to control it. She wants to stop and somehow she knew that something was wrong but there was another part of her telling her not too. The scariest part was even though she exhausted herself from it she felt great and loves the energy that surrounds her. She quickly shut the book as Merlin walks uninvited in her room.

“What’s wrong?”Merlin asked as he saw that look on Kaylee’s face and without hesitation Kaylee told him everything including the details and Merlin did not look surprise at all.

“Well, that happens twice already Kaylee and I think you better consult Halmoni” Merlin explained that the first time was when she tried to protect Merlin when the huge raven was outside her window and then the second was at the woods.

“I will try to find the answer by myself first and Merlin promises me you won’t tell anyone?”

“I promise but if you somehow make yourself in danger then I will blurt it all out, deal?”He said while he jumps up on Kaylee’s bed and fined a spot to lie down and stretch his body out.

“By the way Kaylee dear just an advice. Keep away from that boy. It will only bring danger to you because I can sense it.” Merlin yawns and bares his sharp fangs.

“About that Merlin,  I can’t promise... I don’t care about any danger that lies upon us but I do know what lies in his heart and mine.” Kaylee lie beside Merlin and close her eyes hoping to sleep and meet Mino in her dreams.