*Confession*

*Monster In Me*

Kaylee walked out of the cabin shrugging her shoulder forward while hugging herself from the cold wind. She was supposed to be indoors resting according to her admirer Mino who keeps on insisting her to lie down and sleep. She pulled the throw blanket over her body to keep her feeling warm as she settles herself on the nearest rock she saw near the edge of the lake. She sat silently staring at the magnificent waterfall that stood high up about 10 metres and the rush of that water that falls fast down was extraordinary. It was connected to a calm lake beneath it and what makes it more beautiful was the glistening of the water like a shiny silver bits being scattered all over the lake with the help of the full moonlight that shone down at it. Kaylee felt a little calm just by looking at the wonders in front of her. It makes her mind wander off for a bit and forgets a little about what happen just now. What happen to her best friends, what she did without even knowing how and also about Mino, the man who always appeared in her dreams was actually real and had feelings for her. She still remembers the first time Mino save her was from that dreadful dream when she was about to fall straight down into the darkness and the other rest of the time as well. It was hard to ignore what she also felt for the person who saves her life for almost every time with or without her knowing. She felt grateful and also deep inside her wanted to know more about him. Who exactly is he? Why he has been saving her? What he wanted from her?  She sigh and  pick up a few small stones that she saw near her feet and gently toss it one by one into the lake, she wish that all her problems would go away just like the ripples of the water.

Mino folds his arms against his broad chest and was leaning against the pillar of the back porch. He had been standing there for quite a while looking at Kaylee from the back. He was half hearted whether or not should he approach her or just let her be alone with all those emotions she felt at that moment. He really wanted to comfort her, be there next to her an hug her telling her everything will be fine even though it was not and also he wanted to confess badly about how he had felt about her all this while. As he was making up his confuse mind he saw Kaylee’s shivers from the cold sudden gush of wind that go by that is when he realised he need to get near her. He walked towards her cautiously hoping not to attract much on her attention.

“Hey, I thought you might need this.” He gently put on the extra padding jacket over her shoulder.

“Thank you...” She turned and smiled at him.

Mino sat on the extra space on the rock beside her. He saw her hugging her own body trying to keep herself warm. How he wishes he could hug her and make her warm but if he did it will only make matter worse due to his dead cold body temperature. Looking at that he is getting worried and afraid that she might get sick if she stayed outside in the cold for way too long.

“It’s cold, you want to get inside? You might catch a cool you know..”

“I will be fine, don’t worry. I won’t get sick easily nor should I say I heal fast? I got that from my daddy..”

“Sorry, I forgot that your daddy was just like me too.”

“You knew him? My daddy?”

“Yeah I do, who doesn’t, he was the well known and from a royalty bloodline you know until... he got himself disown..”

“Disown for falling in love with a witch; doesn’t make sense at all. Why can’t they fall in love with whoever they want? Why control it?” Kaylee look away in frustration thinking about the unfairness treatment they have given to her parents.

“I know but it makes sense with our race, you are only allowed to be with your own race so that you can create more of us.”

“Baby vampires?! Is that even possible?”

“It’s more on creating and it’s complicate,  anyway rather than talking about monster and freaks, I want to asked if you are ok?”

“For now maybe but not later I guess, I just don’t know what’s going to happen next, who will come after me? Who else going to get hurt? I’m worried.”

“Look Kaylee, I promise you that no one will ever get hurt and not even you, I will try my best protecting you.” Mino turns and look at Kaylee.

“Why are you doing this and why are you been good to me?” Kaylee looks at Mino straight in his eyes.

“Because... because I have fallen in love with you, don’t ask me why since I don’t know myself but I can feel that you’re special and I just got attracted to you from the first time I lay my eyes on you and not knowing how exactly you felt or even thinks about makes me more curious and along the way my feelings for you grow”.

“So I can confirm that you are the man who stalks me when I went to school that time, right? Is that the first you saw me?”

“No, I saw you even before that Kaylee, I saw you right after you were born, I can’t get near you obviously..”

“You saw me as a baby?! Omg!”Kaylee covered her face with both her hands due to the embarrassment.

“Yeah, you’re cute! And I still remember....” Mino let out a chuckle from thinking about the memory of Kaylee childhood. She used to poop in her pants but to tell her that might just cause her a big time embarrassment so he stop before he too might get in big trouble. Well who knew that pooping little girl turns out to be the most gorgeous and beautiful lady in his eyes.

“What?!”Kaylee smack his arms insisting on about what he held from her.

“Nothing! nothing!” Mino took a breather not that he need any anyway, he tried to regain his composure and look at Kaylee who in return gave him a deadly stare before turning away.

“Mino... how old are you?” She asked while her eyes were fix on the splashing water that drops from the edge of the waterfall.

“Hah! You really want to know?”Kaylee nod curiously at him.

“Not that old actually, just 145 and I hope you don’t mind going on a date with me.. do you?”

“145! You’re so antique!” She let out laughter.

“Antique? What am I a thing?” Mino grins at her while she tried to control her laughter from escaping .

“Anyway I’m curious though how it’s going to be if I were to go on a date with you..” Kaylee turn and look at Mino. She looks at him intensely without even noticing. He looks so perfect for a dead guy whose age was 145. She wonders at what exact age did he actually died.

“Well, you will find it out soon after I get you home safely tomorrow ok? For now you may go ahead and stare at me all you like..” Mino snigger as Kaylee gave him a tiny crab pinch on his right arm.

Mino bravely wraps his arms around her shoulder and pulls her close to him. Kaylee turns and see the side view of Mino’s flawless face. She gently it and kissed his cheeks.

“What’s that for?”Mino turns and looks at her.

“For your attempt times on saving me and looking out for me.” She gives him her sweetest smile and lays her head gently on his shoulder.

They spent their night together by the waterfall enjoying the scenery even though the night was very cold but being with the person that you love was simply worth it and it makes your heart warms up eventually.