*Human Brother*

*Monster In Me*

School was no fun at all today. I got my exam results for Maths and Biology; I got a B and C. I knew I have not been studying on those subjects lately. It not really my fault though. I have been busy researching about my vampire heritage and also busy brewing and learning more about potion making. At about now I have managed to brew nearly about forty potions, I have kept it safely in a vial for future usage. I might never know what might attack me or even my love ones. I look at the time on my pink baby-g, it was nearly 5pm. I believe I have some more time to learn another potion when I get home before meeting Mino for dinner at his workplace later.

I open the door to our house and saw a very unfamiliar navy blue converse shoe; I wonder who might be visiting at this hour. I called out for Halmoni.

“In here Kaylee!” I walk towards the kitchen and the next thing I did was scream as I saw a very pretty looking, fair skin man sitting at the dining table talking to daddy.

“Jinwoo oppa!!”

“Surprise!” He stood up and opens his arms wide, a sign for a hug from me. I almost ran into his arms. How I missed him so very much. Jinwoo oppa was my only brother, my only human brother. His family was the one who gave me protection I needed from the moment I was born until I reach puberty. According to daddy that was also the reason why my surname was Kim. It was a disguise in order for me to stay safe.

“How come you never visit me anymore?” Jinwoo oppa look up at me and pout.

“Sorry oppa, I have been busy, studying and all... right daddy?” I look at daddy hoping that he might somehow help me and all he did was shrug his shoulder.

“Your oppa have some good news..” Daddy said.

“You know I just graduate and my university actually sent me here for work attachment and it was at Seika College...”

“What?! At our school?”

“That’s great right? Anyway they wanted to assign me in the school library but because one of the teacher was caught in an accident so I have to relief her.. I will be teaching History...”He continues.

“Oh my god! You will be my History teacher? I can’t believe it!” I look at him with utterly shock!

“Be happy for me will you...”

“I am oppa! Of course I am so how long the attachment last?”

“Errmm, according to the contract it will be about 6 months...another thing, halmoni and uncle, I am wondering if it is ok for me to stay here for a while until I manage to get a place of my own.”

“Yahh~~ Jinwoo, staying here for merely 6 months cannot compare what your late parents did for Kaylee, you are most welcome to stay here, no need for you to look for your own place. We have enough room to bunk you in..” Halmoni smile at Jinwoo oppa.

“Thank you so much..”

“Anyway I am seldom at home so at least there will be another man around to be here and look after this cheeky girl” Daddy tussle my hair while I protest.

“By the way Kaylee, are you eating dinner at home or outside again?” Halmoni asked me while she rummages the fridge looking for ingredients.

“Err, with the girls...”

“Again?” Daddy looks at me and frowns.

“Kaylee, can I follow you? At least you can show me around..” Jinwoo oppa look at me and wink. He knew I was going to get in trouble; I really want to thank him for saving me!

“Can I daddy?” Unwillingly daddy got no other choice but to nod and let us go.

For a few long weeks everything around us looks ok without any supernatural or weird activity. We managed to do what we want to do. Studying, taking exam, family time and even go for a few nice date. I also am able to spend some time with Jinwoo oppa, bringing him around for sightseeing and even introduce him to Mino and the rest of our so call gang. Jinwoo oppa approves of Mino and that was a relief even if he did not know who Mino exactly anyway but knowing Jinwoo oppa whom have this habit of being a protective shield over his dongseng, it was not easy for me to introduce any boy to him.

The next morning came very fast and the thought of me going to take a history exam makes my stomach scrunch and it make me nausea. Jinwoo oppa told me that was just my nervous breakdown which I got for not studying well enough. I feel like cursing him, he did not help at all to calm me down and no tips at all when I studied. I sulk and sat infront of him at the dining table. Halmoni once again made my favourite porridge but I just could not eat my fill, end up I ate a few spoon before I gave up.

“Whoa! This seems interesting...” Jinwoo oppa suddenly speak while his face was still hiding behind those morning paper.

“Listen, four men were found dead in four different places. Police suspect that the killer is the same as the method of murdering is the same... Coroner office said in a statement that the victims have lost all their testosterone as though as it was dry... yucks! It’s weird though to lose that..” While Jinwoo oppa was still rambling on the issue, I glance at Halmoni. Halmoni gave me that weird frowning face that she always did when things like this happen.

“You! Jinwoo-ssi, please be extra careful. Don’t hang around too much with strange women...” I glare at him before I walk over and give him a hug before I left early to school.

After school that day, we all gather at the 24hours diner as usual. Miyavi was tending the cashier; Maki was in the kitchen while Mino was out delivering. We sat at our usual end corner seat right at the end of the room, so that people would not be able to eavesdrop on our unusual conversation.

“Hello ladies.... “ Miyavi came over to our table with our favourite drinks and he sat beside Yuzuyu.

“What are you girls up too?” He continues as he saw us flipping through a book on magic.

“Looking for something that might help stop that serial killer...” Yuzuyu eyes were still focus on the book and did not even look up once at her Jinn boyfriend who sat beside her.

“According to halmoni, it might be a demonic killing since the way it murdered those men is very odd...” I said.

“Any luck as of now?” He asked again which the answer he get was us shaking our head with disappointment.

“Well, let me know if you need any help ok?” He give a peck on Yuzuyu blush cheek and left alone to do his work. Once a while Maki and Mino came over to see how we progress but still we are unable too.