*Mino*

*Monster In Me*

It was almost midnight when I reach home and I am glad that halmoni was already asleep but anyway I knew she will find out anyway that I sneak out. It is not that I did something bad, I was out looking for some herbs for my spell that I intend to try on, and looking for that Angelica Root was one tedious work. If I did not get it tonight then I have to wait for the next fortnight. My pants was half wet and dirty from going into the swampy area just to pluck a few Angelica plants, I am so going to plant them myself so that I can crystallize the green leaves and dried the roots and stem for future used. It is believed to ward off evil and give you protection.

I quickly went into the bathroom, took off my wet clothes and toss them in the laundry basket. I was walking half with just my bra and not knowing that cat of mine was sitting at my favourite spot near the window hissing at me with disgust.

 

“What?! Get used to it then... “I scowl at him.

 

“That just makes my eyes sore! Oh My Salem! Forgive me... I had sin myself living with this human....” he was sitting on his hind legs and both his front paw was clutch together praying.

“Idiot you!” I threw my jacket over at him.

 

“Put on some clothes or I will tell your grandmamma that you sneak out.”

“Try then... now I’m thinking what curse should I learn or create one maybe for you?”

 

“pfft~~ I’m older than you lady...”

 

“Well... yup I know but I think I am much powerful than you..” I stuck out my tongue and walk over to my closet and grab my pyjamas.

 

I lay out an old newspaper on the floor and I sat Indian style at the edge and open my sling black bag that I carried to place the Angelica Root just now. I gently took it out and clean all the dirt away. Well I separated the green leaves, the stems and the roots. While I was doing that I heard a low croaking sound of a bird. I turn towards the window and I saw a black raven sitting on the window sill. Merlin had already pounced on the shut window and hissing at the raven but the raven was just sitting calmly without moving an inch. When I saw it eyes, I knew that I saw the raven from somewhere before then I realised I saw in my nightmare. I felt goose bumps all over my body.

 

“Merlin! What should I do?”

 

“I don’t know.. you tell me!”

 

“You suppose to be assisting me!”

 

“Think! Think! Don’t panic...”

 

From the Earth to the Fire,

From the Heaven and to Hell,

If it is an evil that is hanging,

Punish and banished the evil that dwell!”

 

I look at Merlin and he understood what I meant.We chant the spell together while focusing our gaze at the raven. Suddenly they were smoke coming from the raven and then it disappear. Merlin and I was shock and we almost yell!

 

“What the hell was that?” Merlin looks at me.

 

“It’s a raven! And I saw it before in my nightmare...”

 

“I know it was a raven but what spell did you just do?”

 

“I don’t know, it just pop in my head and I chant it out...did I do something wrong?” I look at Merlin.

 

“No! That spell was an ancient spell it was during my time 300 years ago, how did you even know that? I clearly remember that we are not allowed to use it anymore because that was very powerful even for the old witches but you are just a newbie and yet you knew and you used it and not causing any harm to you and me, I’m confused!” Merlin ran and went under my bed he really looks terrified.

 

“Merlin... are you ok? I didn’t even knew the spell, it really just came out in my head and it asked me to used it.. so I did cause I don’t feel any harm at all... I’m sorry if it makes you scared... Merlin...” I look under the bed and saw him.

 

“That spell was conjured by my sister and of course I be freak out, the fact that you the one using it... I... I need to think...” Merlin covered his face with his paws.

 

“Err... Merlin, who was your sister exactly? Is it alright for me to know?”

 

“Abigail Williams!” He shrieked.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Suddenly I woke up and sit upright on my bed, I was soaking wet in my own sweat. I cannot believe that the heat was too hot that night, I remember feeling quite cold and it is Autumn season so feeling hot is so impossible unless something was not right with me. I kick my thick big bang duvet away and get out of bed. I sigh as I walk towards the window and open it hoping the cool night air might helps. As I was walking towards the bathroom I heard the floor board creak and as I turn I saw a silhouette of a man standing right next to the window. I got a shock and I froze.

 

“Please don’t scream, it’s me, promise me you won’t scream and I unfreeze you...” That man voice sounds very familiar to me and then I saw him, he walk slowly towards me and still his face was in a mist and I cannot figure out his face.

 

“Let me see you face then I promise I won’t scream...”

Suddenly the mist that was covering his face was gone and as I look at him I felt my heart stop for a seconds. He had a pearly pale glowing flawless face, his golden amber like eyes and those slicking backcomb hair. His presence itself was intoxicating and he had me hypnotize without even needed to do so. He was impossibly handsome to be a human being.

                                                                                                                                                 

“Who are... I mean what are you?”

 

“Are you ok? I... I was worried...”

 

“Huh? You don’t even know me and yet you save me and then you came here in my bedroom and ask me if I am ok? And you are worried? Excuse me? You’re being a freak!”

 

“Then why are you not afraid of me?” He came closer but I did not move, I just stand there looking at him.

 

“I.... I don’t know...”

 

“I’m sorry... my apologise, call me Mino.. You can just think of me as a normal bystander who happens to be where you at....”

 

“You are that freaky guy who stalks me at the side of the road and you are in my dreams too.... so it’s bull that you are a normal bystander!” I cut him off.

 

I was feeling enraged at him for not telling the truth, I was about to shout when I suddenly open my eyes and saw myself lying on the bed peacefully without moving an inch. It was all a dream but yet why do I sense his presence and his smell in my room.