*Nightmare*

*Monster In Me*

~ Kaylee P.O.V ~

I open my eyes to find that I was standing in a middle of a forest. I was surrounds by huge big trees and the wind was so strong that the branches were swaying from side to side. However the wind does not have any effect on me. I do not feel cold nor did I feel any gust of wind blowing on me. I was standing there rigidly on a curve pavement made out of small stones and pebbles. As I look up at the sky, it was already dusk and there were a lot of tiny black thing flying directly above me. I tried to focus to see what that was and to find out it was a flock of birds. It looks like a crow to me but it is larger like a hawk. I tried to move forward but I stop when one of the birds landed right in front of me. I see clearly what it was, it coat is shiny and have wet sheen, obviously it is large and pointed wings, the eyes were red and it keep glaring at me and giving me a low and a hoarse croak like sound, that is when I knew that bird is a raven.

“Shoo! Shoo!” I wave my hand trying to send the bird away and thank god it works. The red eye raven flew to the direction that I am heading too and it seems like telling me to follow it.

As I walk, the trees that surrounds me seems to disappear from my sight and as I look ahead I saw a great big castle standing magnificently on a top of a hill. I knew I am in my own dream but it felt so real. I continue on walking but I was stop by a very unfamiliar voice.

“It’s dangerous! Don’t go!” I turn to find that it was that creepy stalker guy which I saw earlier but his face was still blurry, I cannot see him clealy.

“Who the hell are you?” I asked trying to sound very brave but in reality I am scared.

“Just listen to me... you got to wake up and get out of here! Be brave.. The more terrified you are the more it will eat you alive!” He warns me. There were sincerity in his voice but I still am unable to trust him.

“Trust me!” He came forwards and held out his hand, the more he move the more I back away and without knowing I was running away from him.

“Kaylee! No!” It was too late. I did not manage to see what lies in front of me. The next moment I knew I was falling off a cliff. I tried to shout for help but no sound escape my mouth. I was thinking of death when a pair of strong arms grabs me and embrace me tight. I was held closely to his chest.

“I told you to trust me!” He seems to be angry at me.

“Don’t! Concentrate on waking up!” he stops me when I tried to look up to see who is he, the guy who saves me was.

“But... Who are you?” I could not resist finding out who he was.

“Not now... Kaylee please! Concentrate! You gonna die if you don’t wake up now!” He shouts and we were really falling to the bottom pit of the cliff. I close my eyes tight and concentrate hard. The next moment I open my eyes, I was on my bed sitting up straight and panting hard. I get up slowly and switch on the light and then I saw myself in a mess. My pyjamas and my whole body were filled with dirt as though as I have been outside all this while.

“Kaylee!” my door burst open and Halmoni came in and was in shock when she saw me in that state.

“Halmoni! What’s happening to me?!” I yell and I was shaking with fright. She came over to me and brings me to the bathroom.

“We need your father... we will call him soon as I help you clean up..” Halmoni held me in her arms.

Daddy came rushing home after Halmoni called him saying it was very urgent. I sat at the couch snuggles in Halmoni arms. I was still petrified. I knew very well that I was having a nightmare which I felt like it is so real but I did not know that the fact it is real! What exactly is happening to me? Who was that guy I saw and why he saves me? How did he even manage to be inside my nightmare? I still am able to feel his body, his strong arms and even his scent. This is not the first time I am having this nightmare, I have been getting it in a while ever since mommy passed away but this time the nightmare is more creepy that I even manage to go further in; not like the usual standing in the forest and looking around.

“Kaylee!” Daddy storm in the house looking very panic and I ran to his arms.

“She’s having that nightmare again Seunghyun and this time it getting worse...”

“How the hell you knew it was not my first time and... you knew what my nightmare was about?!”

“Language.. young lady!” Daddy warns me and I said sorry to Halmoni as I was being rude.

“I knew kay.. it was what you mom had too...” she makes me getting confused.

“Can someone tell me what’s going on? The fact that I overheard your little discussion about me being weak and vulnerable when I turn 18 and now me getting the same dream or nightmare like mommy... please say something?!” I look at the both of them.

“Kay... please calm down... I will explain.. please sit..” he grips my hand and usher me to seat next to him.

“Your mom and I, we are not entirely human.. Your mom was a witch and I.... I..” He stutters.

“Your daddy is a vampire and that makes you half of each...” Halmoni interrupt.

Witch? Vampire? That was supposed to be myth and in these modern times? I felt crazy.

“That’s the reason why at times you can sense people thoughts and feelings... and you heal fast compare to any other humans...” Hearing daddy said that I got lost in my own thoughts. I somehow agree with him that I am immune to sickness. It impossible for me to fall sick and that makes my attendance in junior high perfect. I thought it was all due to my immune systems. I remember once I fell during a cheer routine and broke my left arms but I healed in a week time.

“That also the reason why I love to eat medium rare steak because of the bloody smell and tastes because my father is a vampire?” I said sarcastically.

“Don’t be rude Kaylee! He is still you father!” Halmoni raised her voice and glare angrily at me.

“No wonder daddy... you didn’t seem to age... any white hair? No wrinkle? How old are you exactly? Oh... is count Dracula my grandfather?” I was pissed but the next thing I know I got a slap from Halmoni.

“Kim Kaylee!”

“What?! I am a freak and all this is bull! Crazy~~~” I storm out of the living room.

“Stop right there!” Halmoni called me telling me to come back as it is not over yet but I cannot take all this crap anymore.

“I had enough Halmoni! I’m going to bed!” I was halfway upstairs when I realised I got to asked my daddy something.

“By the way... why the freak that my surname is Kim.. and not Choi?” Daddy looks at me speechless, I roll my eyes and continues my way up and slam the door hard.

I flop angrily on the bed and was trying to calm my heated emotions when the next thing I heard freaks me more.

“Meow~~~” I turned to that source.

“Merlin!!!” I saw him, the cat that I once lost right before the day mommy passed away.